• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jaystring's mod thread

CelticVizard

Smash Cadet
I don't know if I'm the only one here with this rule in modding, but here it is: I never replace the original characters from the 64 Smash. Thats why I thought Zero over Toon Link was cool. Does that rule sound crazy to anyone else?

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Seems arbitrary to me. Anyway, PMeX is here! Everybody can stay in the roster.

Last edited:

Nikster31

Smash Rookie
I don't know if I'm the only one here with this rule in modding, but here it is: I never replace the original characters from the 64 Smash. Thats why I thought Zero over Toon Link was cool. Does that rule sound crazy to anyone else?
Hey, that actually sounds like a great idea! J jaystring if you want to make things interesting and not just have a bunch of models over Ike, I'd say Toon Link would be a great choice. Unless the positioning of the bones would seem to awkward doing Toon Link's moveset.
Seems arbitrary to me. Anyway, PMeX is here! Everybody can stay in the roster.
That is very true but I have a feeling that jaystring wants to have enough variety to not have any clones for people who may not know about BrawlEx.

ThatsBullocks

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BullockDS
The only way I could see Cloud working over Toon Link is if a chibi Cloud model was used, akin to his overworld model in FF7.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Just speaking about rigging stuff on Toon Link, Toon Link has massively weird bone since he's not even shaped like a Human.

Even Young Link can't be rigged on Toon Link's squeleton without heavy modification.

In any case, as mentionned by Panudroid, there's not need to replace anyone now with brawlEx.

Just add a character select slot and put whoever you want on it.

schwinsullivan

Smash Rookie
holy crap man those cloud/zack model hacks look so good they look straight out of smash 4 damn...
would you ever make cloud in his shinra soldier uniform? (the cloud from your picture of smash)
thats like my all time favorite outfit, that green scarf is bad ass

jaystring

Smash Ace
holy crap man those cloud/zack model hacks look so good they look straight out of smash 4 damn...
would you ever make cloud in his shinra soldier uniform? (the cloud from your picture of smash)
thats like my all time favorite outfit, that green scarf is bad ***
Thank you!

If you're talking about this costume here :

yeah I've confirmed couple pages earlier that I would do that one and it will probably be the default Green recolor

jaystring

Smash Ace
Default Green? I thought you were gonna put this Cloud as a bonus.
well I think it's going to be more like : i'll make a buch of stuff and people will decide on their own what they want to do

Personally, I prefer having different costumes then recolors so I'm gonna be using AC Cloud as default, FF7 Cloud as blue, KH Cloud as red and CC Soldier Cloud as Green

I'm not going to try to reproduce the Wii U recolor with my Cloud release as they are boring as F**k.

I'm probably going to do some recolors like the red/green/blue recolors for FF7 and AC CLoud, but they'll be my own creation and much more colorful then the one from smash Wii U (a bit like you avatar really)

and I'll be doing those for the community really as i'm not gonna be using the recolors personally.

CelticVizard

Smash Cadet
Well then... that kills the possiblity of having Green AC HD on my PM, doesn't it? Do you know anyone that will do the recolors from SSB4? Oh, I have Green and Bright Purple FF7 HD recolors... if you want a base on those that is.

Last edited:

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
Well then... that kills the possiblity of having Green AC HD on my PM, doesn't it? Do you know anyone that will do the recolors from SSB4? Oh, I have Green and Bright Purple FF7 HD recolors... if you want a base on those that is.
It's really easy to make recolors. You just need Photoshop/Gimp and Brawlbox.

CelticVizard

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna ease out the door after I say this. I've looked at least 30 places for Green AC. If I had textures of Defualt AC I might not be able to make it green without making the belts green. My laptop most likely couldn't handle those editors... inkscape and paint stress it. If ya'll heard of A Bull in a China Shop, I am more broke than that china-- so no new computer or software. I am truly impressed by Jay's work, but outfits from Cloud's other appearances isn't what I came for.

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
I'm gonna ease out the door after I say this. I've looked at least 30 places for Green AC. If I had textures of Defualt AC I might not be able to make it green without making the belts green. My laptop most likely couldn't handle those editors... inkscape and paint stress it. If ya'll heard of A Bull in a China Shop, I am more broke than that china-- so no new computer or software. I am truly impressed by Jay's work, but outfits from Cloud's other appearances isn't what I came for.
even if someone made recolors based off of the Wii U recolors then it wouldn't be that green though right? the recolors of AC cloud just look like tints rather than actual recolors

CelticVizard

Smash Cadet
even if someone made recolors based off of the Wii U recolors then it wouldn't be that green though right? the recolors of AC cloud just look like tints rather than actual recolors
I was thinking about saying I'd leave, but I was just frustrated. 3DS Recolors are quite easy to see color wise on AC Cloud. Plus, I think the 3DS models overall blend in with Brawl's Graphics. Have you seen the 3DS Shulk on the Vault? I know HD is what people want, but honestly I'd prefer 3DS models for all Smash 4 to Brawl mods... it goes well with whats already there.

Last edited:

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
They're seriously Ganondorf recolor tier bad. I get lost when looking for one to use on the 3DS, I can never tell which one is the default because it alternates between FF7 and AC when going through.

CelticVizard

Smash Cadet
They're seriously Ganondorf recolor tier bad. I get lost when looking for one to use on the 3DS, I can never tell which one is the default because it alternates between FF7 and AC when going through.
On the portraits... I agree. But, when you play them its clear. Just look at this:

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
It wouldn't be too difficult to get what you want done. Recolors are simple enough.

CelticVizard

Smash Cadet
It wouldn't be too difficult to get what you want done. Recolors are simple enough.
Are you saying you're able to? Because I've looked on here, brawl vault, asked my Brawl mod teacher who's adament about staying outa the field, and even people who made other renders on deviant art... not to mention hours of google searching find them. Or do I need to ask for list of people who could? Which ever would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I'm saying to look for those who could do it for you. I would. But after the Roy thing is released, once Jay is done with it... I'm not doing anything else. I'm sure you'd need the model first to actually get the recolors. I'd wait for Jaystring to finish his Cloud before doing them anyway, if I were doing it.

CelticVizard

Smash Cadet
Well, can you point me towards someone who could... I don't know too many people that can rip from Smash 3DS. Besides, it would go right into the stash of mods I use but don't put up for download. Like when I edit Goku or Naraku or my completely original Results in Hell stage.

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
You could make a request thread if you want to find others that are willing. Should help you out.

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
What exactly do you want recolored? Is it the 3DS textures or just a simple green recolor that makes it distinct as a team color?

jaystring

Smash Ace
euh... I said I would do it....

I just mentionned that I personnaly would not use them.

copy paste from my message :

"I'm probably going to do some recolors like the red/green/blue recolors for FF7 and AC CLoud, but they'll be my own creation and much more colorful then the one from smash Wii U (a bit like you avatar really)" (I was talking about CelticVizard avatar)

CelticVizard

Smash Cadet
I'm sorry about me freaking out. So, you like my avatar... its based on the 3DS shade of green.... so, thats a win. Do you think I could do sprite promo art for your original recolors? I have sleeve and unsleeved versions of AC in this one pose. I feel like an jerk after that and I want to do something nice to make up for that. Aside from that... I had a thought, but I doubt this will done ever... Dissidia Manikin Cloud.

And to answer Javin's question it was The 3DS Models/Colors...

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
I'm sorry about me freaking out. So, you like my avatar... its based on the 3DS shade of green.... so, thats a win. Do you think I could do sprite promo art for your original recolors? I have sleeve and unsleeved versions of AC in this one pose. I feel like an jerk after that and I want to do something nice to make up for that. Aside from that... I had a thought, but I doubt this will done ever... Dissidia Manikin Cloud.

And to answer Javin's question it was The 3DS Models/Colors...

Well, yeah you can do some promo art if you want! but at least wait until I get the recolor done before doing some sprite of them. I don't know yet what exact colors I'll be putting them (I'll probably be playing around with different tests before making my mind)

It's gonna take a while too as i'm not gonna be doing the recolors before having the custom models done

That "watery" looking Dissidia Cloud model look kind of easy to do actually. Look's like only material/shader work (similar to what I did for the Gold Megaman Costume).

I can give it a try yeah!

jaystring

Smash Ace
It's quiet these day because i'm doing the long and boring task of skinning KH Cloud

It's progressing! here's some BrawlBox screens (don't mind some ugly texture like the yellow finger, I've not done my texture painting update yet!)

Also, this is the "no wing" version

jaystring

Smash Ace
Excellent work as always! I'm particularly excited for Cloud, you've done him so much justice.
Thanks!

Yeah He has quickly become my most ambitious project yet.

The wait is long but it will be worth it!

I still have some surprise to show, I've not shown all the costumes I intend to do to him yet!

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Guess who just got their custom recolor into Smash U?

jaystring

Smash Ace
A magician never reveals his secret
Still waiting for your custom-made stage :laugh:
yeah I really want to do that too! Eventually, I can only do 1 project at a time..

Damn he looks so good! :D
Thanks!

Guess who just got their custom recolor into Smash U?

It's great to see progress in modding the Wii U game.

I can totally see my stuff, like my Cloud customs be ported to smash Wii U in couple of years!

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I'm sure they will be once we get more tools to do so. I will use them in a heartbeat.

Top Bottom