• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jaystring's mod thread

jaystring

Smash Ace
J jaystring I have an idea for a Tails alt. Dimonze Tails. its okay if you don't like the idea.
Sorry, don't expect new Tails custom costume soon.

As you can see with Cloud, quality custom content is long to do. my Tails mod was a quick sidejob I decided to do one night when I was tired of working on Cloud. It was done very quick (thanks to KTH original work) and is not intended to sidetrack me from taking longer to do CLoud.

I'm back on Cloud now and i'll post some small update soon!

jaystring

Smash Ace
Cloud progress update!!

working on custom model 3/6 right now.

It's First Class Cloud from Crisis Core (the later /end game Cloud I think, it's basically Zack's costume. Zack will be using the same body model i'm doing)

here's some modeling/texturing progress in 3dsmax :

Here a exemple image from a very intense CG sequence from where this costume is from :

E-scope12

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, don't expect new Tails custom costume soon.

As you can see with Cloud, quality custom content is long to do. my Tails mod was a quick sidejob I decided to do one night when I was tired of working on Cloud. It was done very quick (thanks to KTH original work) and is not intended to sidetrack me from taking longer to do CLoud.

I'm back on Cloud now and i'll post some small update soon!
Then I'll do it.

jaystring

Smash Ace
I can't wait to see the CC Buster Sword in HD... from the side... like a full view shot.
Here :

It looks very good.

I didn't make the model, it's taken from Lightning return, I just tweaked the texture

I'm saving time where I can!

jaystring

Smash Ace
Tails is ready!!!

As I already mentioned earlier, the mod is an updated version of KTH's mod he did a while back

You can download him here

Full Album

Also, Thanks to Kuro, I've included 2 sets of CSP in the download. Use the one you like the most!

Let me know if you find any issues!

Enjoy!

E-scope12

Smash Apprentice
Tails is ready!!!

As I already mentioned earlier, the mod is an updated version of KTH's mod he did a while back

Full Album

Also, Thanks to Kuro, I've included 2 sets of CSP in the download. Use the one you like the most!

Enjoy!
Can I make a custom costume with Tails? J jaystring

jaystring

Smash Ace
Holy Jebus, that looks good! Fingers crossed for another furry fella ;)
Another!? Who? Knuckles I guest!?

Shadow I'm using Nanobuds' one in my build, it's a really really good export (I did a tiny edit of it directly in Brawlbox for my build but it was super minor, I don't even remember what I did).

I might do Amy someday, I've not found a very good version of her

Can I make a custom costume with Tails? J jaystring
I don't mind at all but keep in mind that this Tails is not 100% my work since I started from KTH's export

D

Deleted member

Not rushing obviously, haha since I'm sure you haven't started working on her yet, but do you think we might see Smash 4 Zelda this year? No pressure, just curious. :)

jaystring

Smash Ace
Not rushing obviously, haha since I'm sure you haven't started working on her yet, but do you think we might see Smash 4 Zelda this year? No pressure, just curious. :)
I really hope so!!

Custom model is what is making all this soo long. Had it not been for Cloud, I would have probably done another 6-7 smash 4 import by now.

D

Deleted member

I really hope so!!

Custom model is what is making all this soo long. Had it not been for Cloud, I would have probably done another 6-7 smash 4 import by now.
Ah, ok. Haha, yeah the Cloud one was definitely pretty cool. Keep doing what you enjoy, I'll just wait patiently for the day my model dream comes true. Haha.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Tails is ready!!!

Full Album

Enjoy!
Aw hell yes, this is incredible.
Awesome work, jaystring!

jaystring

Smash Ace
Question. About how long before you release the Cloud optimized for Wii, and how many costumes will it have. Reason I am asking is because my build uses cBliss.
I'm doing the optimized version at the same time as the high res ones. They'll all get release at the same time.

Right now AC Cloud and KH Cloud are getting Wii Version but not FF7 Cloud because he doesn't need it.

For the number of costume, well, right now there's the 3 original Wii U costume

1) FF7 Cloud
2) Advent Children Cloud (also include a Wii Version)
3) Advent Children Cloud Sleeveless (also include a Wii Version)

+ I'm making 6 custom models

1) Kingdom Heart Cloud (Done) (also include a Wii Version)
2) PS1 FF7 Cloud (Done)
3) Crisis Core Zack (In progress)
4) Crisis Core Cloud (1st Class look, so same look as Zack) (In progress)
5) Crisis Core Cloud (Infantry costume, the one with the green scarf) (In progress)
6) last costume is not yet reveled (but it's started so In progress too)

so right there it's 9 costume + there going to be all the recolors I'll do (I have no plan yet on what recolors I'll be doing so don't know how many there's going to be but I know I'll be making some since it's easy to do)

So basically, there's going to be too many costumes lol since there's probably going to be more then 10 counting recolors

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Welp... Roy's gonna be waiting in the break room for a while. :v

jaystring

Smash Ace
Welp... Roy's gonna be waiting in the break room for a while. :v
yeah.. sorry, it will still take a while.

I reaaally want to get Cloud done before I get tired of it.

The good news is I'm progressing well on the Crisis core costumes. 2 of them are almost ready to get exported to brawlbox

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
It's fine. He's got plenty of snacks and drinks to hold himself over.

Last edited:

Sky_Valkyrie

Smash Rookie
Hello!
Seeing as you're doing Cloud stuff, I was wondering if you ever had thoughts on modeling Cloud in his crossdressing attire from the beginning of VII.(It'd be really funny to see, let's admit)
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask about stuff like this, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

jaystring

Smash Ace
First look at First Class Cloud rigged! Still some bugs to fix but I'm getting there!

Don't mind the very dark texture, I always polish them at the end when I can see them in-game

I've finished all of Zack's Facial expressions too. Should soon be rigged.

Hello!
Seeing as you're doing Cloud stuff, I was wondering if you ever had thoughts on modeling Cloud in his crossdressing attire from the beginning of VII.(It'd be really funny to see, let's admit)
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask about stuff like this, but I thought I'd ask anyway.
No need to ask, you've actually figured out my last costume!!

yeah I'm doing it.

Here a very very early tease shot of it!

It's actually a really fun costume to do! There's no "official" reference for it so I have to use a lot of imagination and mix mash some cool stuff from fanart etc!

I remember that there's an item list you have to get in the game to to have a "perfect costume". I'll add all those items too

Here's the in-game reference for people who have not played the original FF7 and don't know that Cloud really cross-dressed at one point in the game.

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
I have never played FFVII, so could someone tell me exactly what the items you need for a "perfect costume" are? Another question that I have unanswered because I have never played Final Fantasy. Who is Zack?

neox-the-neobian

Smash Cadet
to answer the Zack question I will say
Zack Fair was Clouds best friend when they both worked at Shinra the evil corporate giant that caused a lot of the problems in FF7 the two were like brothers.when cloud was sent to back to his hometown for a mission Zack was a full fledged SOLDIER a special unit of Shinra's military while Cloud was only a infantryman even though his promised a friend that when a returned home he himself would be a soldier. during the mission Sepiroth went insane and started a massacre on Cloud's hometown which ended with him and Zack along with many other townspeople being used for experiments.After the two escape they are eventually hunted down by Shinra and Zack in one last ditch effort to protect cloud fights off as many of Shinra's men as he can. Cloud then sees a dying Zack and the resulting trauma along with the experimentation causes cloud to replace many of his own memories with Zack's thus leading into the start of Final Fantasy 7
sorry for the long explanation but I found it was best to find out a synopsis of the story rather than just say the obvious.

jaystring

Smash Ace
I have never played FFVII, so could someone tell me exactly what the items you need for a "perfect costume" are? Another question that I have unanswered because I have never played Final Fantasy. Who is Zack?
from an IGN faq, these are the item list for the cross dress mission

1) Satin Dress
2) Blonde Wig
3) Sexy Cologne
4) Hunny Bee Inn Clubcard
5) Lingerie/Bikini briefs
6) Make Up
7) Diamond Tiara

yeah, I'll probably skip the lingerie stuff.

The Peacekeeper

Smash Cadet

It's actually a really fun costume to do! There's no "official" reference for it so I have to use a lot of imagination and mix mash some cool stuff from fanart etc!

I remember that there's an item list you have to get in the game to to have a "perfect costume". I'll add all those items too

Here's the in-game reference for people who have not played the original FF7 and don't know that Cloud really cross-dressed at one point in the game.

Oh my God...

I can't believe you actually went ahead and did that you absolute mad man! (In the best possible way of course)
I think I know exactly which skin has a reserved spot in my build.

Also we got to thank you for all the hard work you've been putting into this and your other models. They just look great!

I don't really like asking these questions but while I'm here, do you mind if I did a mod of your Smash 4 Brawl Marth and Lucina?

It's just that I made a Marth skin a while back that i really liked but I kinda preferred your Smash 4 model so I'd figured maybe I could make a version of that skin with your model. Credit will be given of course, can't stress that enough!

Though I have to actually get off my back-side and do it first...

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
Oh my God...

I can't believe you actually went ahead and did that you absolute mad man! (In the best possible way of course)
I think I know exactly which skin has a reserved spot in my build.

Also we got to thank you for all the hard work you've been putting into this and your other models. They just look great!

I don't really like asking these questions but while I'm here, do you mind if I did a mod of your Smash 4 Brawl Marth and Lucina?

It's just that I made a Marth skin a while back that i really liked but I kinda preferred your Smash 4 model so I'd figured maybe I could make a version of that skin with your model. Credit will be given of course, can't stress that enough!

Though I have to actually get off my back-side and do it first...
Thank you!

I'm predicting that Miss Cloud will be a fan favorite lol!

yeah you can do whatever mod you feel like with my Marth and Lucina exports. I don't mind at all! actually, on the contrary, I encourage it.

It's cool if my mods inspire people to do even more mods!

Dranakar

Smash Apprentice
Another!? Who? Knuckles I guest!?

Shadow I'm using Nanobuds' one in my build, it's a really really good export (I did a tiny edit of it directly in Brawlbox for my build but it was super minor, I don't even remember what I did).

I might do Amy someday, I've not found a very good version of her
I meant like a furry and feathered duo ;) <3
But as mentioned before in this thread, just keep on working on what you like! It turns out amazing and the point is for you to have fun, not do on-request jobs :)

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Would you mind if I recreated your custom white skin for Ike in Smash U? I'd give proper credit of course.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Cool. Just need to get his texture files. He's gonna look even better in that man.

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
Cool. Just need to get his texture files. He's gonna look even better in that man.
Smash U recolors should be suuuuper easy do to, much more then Brawl actually because Smash U has 3 textures per characters (Diffuse, Spec and Normal map)

The very "ugly" texture that only has some colors on it is the diffuse and is the texture that gives the actual colors to the character (all the texture details are inside the normal map and spec map). you only need to tweak that one.

Top Bottom