• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jaystring's mod thread

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I know... I've done it before. My Roy mod, remember?

drogoth232

Smash Lord
You didn't manually add the gold engraving texture did you?

You madman.

CC shoulder pads look a bit off in comparison to in game CC model, there seems to be a square part that juts out slightly towards the armpit. Unless you're using the HQ artwork as a reference instead.

Nice work. I'm really impressed.

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
You didn't manually add the gold engraving texture did you?

You madman.

CC shoulder pads look a bit off in comparison to in game CC model, there seems to be a square part that juts out slightly towards the armpit. Unless you're using the HQ artwork as a reference instead.

Nice work. I'm really impressed.
The gold engraving!? you mean on the sword!?

If it's that, no, as I mentionned earlier, I did not model the sword, it's taken from FF13.

The gold details are actually modeled yes, which make the sword a bit too high poly for Brawl. I was going to keep it for dolphin version and delete all those polygons for the Wii version.

You are right about the pauldron, it's missing a small square extrude on the lower part. will fix this soon!

I'm using both, the in-game and cutscene models as reference. For the pauldron, they both have that square thing sticking out that you are talking about.

Where the In-game and cutscene model differ a lot is with the pauldron material. In the CG, it definitively looks like dark metal while in-game, it look like the pauldron are leather or something.

I went with the metal look as it looks better and makes more sense too.

jaystring

Smash Ace
You make me wish my PSP didn't break.
haha

well for me, adding Zack as a skin make me wish they would release the game on a console already!

I've never played crisis core, I never owned a psps. I barely know what's the game, only the big overview of the story that someone spoiled me

jaystring

Smash Ace
This is freakin' amazing. LOL

You even did very well on the pigtails's polygons and texture.
Thanks!! It's a big Work in progress right now, what you are seeing is all that is done for this costume right now!

It will be the last one I do before release

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Been busy lately. Caught myself up through five or so pages and saw some stupid Sonic comments floating around this thread. Dat Tails doh. Mmm. And someone has mistaken "64 Mode" as a creation of Luhtin's. It is not.

Anyway, good **** as usual jay.

Miley

Smash Cadet
Hey there. I had a Cloud request, if it's not too much trouble (I asked elsewhere and I was told you were the man)

Basically, I'd just like Cloud's advent children hair on his ff7 skin (the red one if possible)

jaystring

Smash Ace
Hey there. I had a Cloud request, if it's not too much trouble (I asked elsewhere and I was told you were the man)

Basically, I'd just like Cloud's advent children hair on his ff7 skin (the red one if possible)
The red one!?

do you mean the smash 4 red recolor?

CelticVizard

Smash Cadet
He is the personification of the player of the first Final Fantasy... dispite there being 4 heroes from the start. He is like the star of Dissidia or its most important good guy. I'd pick up Dissidia 012 if you got a PSP... its a great gateway into any FF 1 through 13.

jaystring

Smash Ace
All right! Zack's done! Here's some in-game screen

Also here's FC Cloud with his fixed pauldron too

Both of them together

Only 2 more custom costumes to go! (even if the last 2 are a lot of work)

Obskore

Smash Ace
you're very good Jaystring, the quality of your mods makes me happy and at the same time i'm glad to see you having some fun with it.
do you think (i wondered), if the PMDT hadn't disbanded, would you have thought of joining the art team or accepting an "invitation" to join if they asked you?

jaystring

Smash Ace
you're very good Jaystring, the quality of your mods makes me happy and at the same time i'm glad to see you having some fun with it.
do you think (i wondered), if the PMDT hadn't disbanded, would you have thought of joining the art team or accepting an "invitation" to join if they asked you?
Thank you for the compliments!!

It's a tricky question.

On one side I would have said, yeah I might have join in since they were making very high quality content and because it would have allowed me to get more knowledge on some stuff in Brawl that I'm still trying to figure out today.

On the other side, I might have refuse simply because I do not want to own anything to anyone in terms of "you were supposed to do that, why is it not done yet"

Or maybe I would have accepted on selective stuff like "I'll do that costume, that's it". something like that, I don't know

The reality is that I'm doing all this in my free time and I don't have free time all the time. I already have a day job where it's important to meet deadline and stuff. I do not want my modding to become a new "not paid" job.

Most of the fun of it comes from the fact that I'm able to do what I want, how I want it and when I want it. Take that away and it doesn't become much fun anymore.

I still accept to help some people from time to time but, as they probably know, it takes time for me to get stuff done. and I have to be very selective on who I decide to help because if I start to say yes to everyone, I'll never get anything done.

Miley

Smash Cadet
oooh wow those look awesome. Do you upload them anywhere?

I main Cloud and would definitely like to have both of those in my game

jaystring

Smash Ace
oooh wow those look awesome. Do you upload them anywhere?

I main Cloud and would definitely like to have both of those in my game
Not yet! I will release all of them at the same time in one huge pack.

But since you mentionned "I main Cloud and would like to have them in my game", I need to precise that I'm doing those for project M right now.

They're Ike skins for Brawl/PM Ike that will eventually be compatible with the Cloud PSA in the work.

maybe someone will want to port them to smash 4 once they are available but I'm not going to be the one doing it in the near future.

Miley

Smash Cadet
awwww okay, regardless, those look pretty awesome.(awesome enough for me to think that was smash4 lol) Great work.

Last edited:

CelticVizard

Smash Cadet
When you do upload, is it gonna be on MEGA? I ask becuase if it is then I won't be able to download... every time I try anything uploaded to MEGA I end up thinking a Falcon Punch to my Smash Balls would be a more pleasant experience.

jaystring

Smash Ace
When you do upload, is it gonna be on MEGA? I ask becuase if it is then I won't be able to download... every time I try anything uploaded to MEGA I end up thinking a Falcon Punch to my Smash Balls would be a more pleasant experience.
I'm using dropbox.

Tails was initially uploaded on dropbox too but was changed to MEGA because Kiro did an update to his CSPs and decided to upload the update on his mega account (since he doesn't have access to my dropbox account)

I've never had any problem with Mega personally, downloaded a ton of things from this site in the past.

CelticVizard

Smash Cadet
My iPad, the only internet I got, from Bawl Vault entries always directs me to a page that is like a unclickable ad... not redirect... its just like from the grave Steve Jobs is messsing with all his devices to screw up when dealing with MEGA.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
On the subject of the PMDT. Jaystring, they all did things only in their free time. They released things when they could... and if they adhered to a set schedule, it wasn't very strict.

Anyway. Nice work on Zack. Once model importing becomes real... he's definitely gonna be over Cloud in Smash U. I guarantee you that.

DekZek

Smash Journeyman
So just Infantry and Cosplay Cloud left. Then I can see how badly I **** up adding him to my PM build (and actually changing the CSS, BP, RSP, etc. accordingly). I have not touched PM Ike for a reason.

jaystring

Smash Ace
On the subject of the PMDT. Jaystring, they all did things only in their free time. They released things when they could... and if they adhered to a set schedule, it wasn't very strict.

Anyway. Nice work on Zack. Once model importing becomes real... he's definitely gonna be over Cloud in Smash U. I guarantee you that.
yeah that will be cool! Once my models are complete, Since I don't have interest in doing smash 4 mods right now, if a smash4 modder is willing to give a try to port them to smash4, I will be willing to give them all the source files (3dsmax file, psds etc) for him to do the job!

There's still going to be a bit of work to do because smash 4 have more extra facial expression to do that are not in brawl + my model don't have normal maps since they are not needed for Brawl so to do a good quality import, some normal maps and spec maps will need to be generated from my textures

So just Infantry and Cosplay Cloud left. Then I can see how badly I **** up adding him to my PM build (and actually changing the CSS, BP, RSP, etc. accordingly). I have not touched PM Ike for a reason.
well actually I need to do Wii version of Zack and FC Cloud since they are on the heavy side.

but after yes only infantry and Miss Cloud to go. I'm doing infantry first so expect this one next

The ultimate goal with all this for me is to include Cloud/Zack as his seperate slot in PM + BrawlEx as an Ike Clone at first until the PSA get completed, debugged and polished.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
UNRELATED
How come no one has done Warrior of Light over Link?
Better question: How come no one has done Terra over ANYONE!? (I think she'd be best over Zelda)

Would love to see her over Zelda and then try to find a PSA to fit her.

jaystring

Smash Ace
No update since last week... is there any news on Cloud?
Sorry no! I'm working hard on his CC costumes! and it's not ready to be shown yet

+ i'm rigging some new characters for some PSA you will eventually hear about so that slow me down a bit!

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
New characters for a PSA? You cheating on me already? ;A;

Top Bottom