• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jaystring's mod thread

bngmn

Smash Cadet
Hey your work is miraculous! By any chance would hd wii u squirtle be on your agenda?:)

The Peacekeeper

Smash Cadet
Guess who just got their custom recolor into Smash U?

That looks really nice, the red and black blend in really well. Can't fully explain why but it just looks good.

I can't wait for it to--

oh wait

I'm Australian

Damn

Guess I'll just wait till Cemu is in more operational condition. Either way, Great job.

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
There's a squirtle trophy in smash 4 lol!
Since it's a trophy, it doesn't have bones so I would need to T-pose it before actually rigging it. It's a lot of work, I will have to look at it to see if it's worth the effort

jaystring

Smash Ace
All right!! First Custom Cloud model fully Done!! (out of 6, I can confirm today that I have a total of 6 custom model coming for Cloud (not counting recolors, it's gonna be 6 hand made model + all recolors/shader edited I'll do + the actuall Wii U costumes I've already shown (FF7 Cloud, AC CLoud and AC CLoud Sleeveless)))

Sure it's the most simple one today but hey, it's progressing!

Here's the final version of the "PS1 battle model"

This one is actually not really a hand made one but I did T-posed him myself to rig it to Ike.

minimal texture work was done, it's purposely done that way to blend it with all other "64" models

no moving eyes but he has full facial expressions, yellow eyes and metalbox shader!

Obskore

Smash Ace
All right!! First Custom Cloud model fully Done!! (out of 6, I can confirm today that I have a total of 6 custom model coming for Cloud (not counting recolors, it's gonna be 6 hand made model + all recolors/shader edited I'll do + the actuall Wii U costumes I've already shown (FF7 Cloud, AC CLoud and AC CLoud Sleeveless)))

This one is actually not really a hand made one but I did T-posed him myself to rig it to Ike.

minimal texture work was done, it's purposely done that way to blend it with all other "64" models

no moving eyes but he has full facial expressions, yellow eyes and metalbox shader!

so we have no "64 Ike" but we have a "64 Cloud" model that goes over Ike, that's funny

The Peacekeeper

Smash Cadet

This would be perfect for PyotrLuzhin's 64 mode.

jaystring

Smash Ace
so we have no "64 Ike" but we have a "64 Cloud" model that goes over Ike, that's funny
hum really!? there no 64 Ike? I thought I saw one. I'm probably wrong then.

maybe I should do one at some point then! They're a joke to do compared to the stuff I'm doing with Cloud now.

jaystring

Smash Ace
First look at KH Cloud In Game!!!

Also he's received a first pass of texture polish.

don't mind the glitchy cape, I did not tweak the material and shaders properly. This is not with HD textures too.

The final version will of course get proper transparency and metallic shader on metallic parts, HD textures, like I've done to my other mods etc.

This was only a quick test to look at my skinning and texture update and see what he looks like in-game for the first time!

Next i'll be looking at how to add the wing version and make it look acceptable since it will not be animated.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Update! 2/6 custom model done! Here's the (almost) final version of Kingdom Heart Cloud with all the right material/shader!

+ I made quick HD textures to see how he will look with them.

Honestly, I'm very happy with how he turned out. He look Awesome in-game. His wing, event if not animated, did not look out of place to me. I'll still include the no wing version anyway.

The only negative is that he's VERY heavy... he's the heaviest import I've done yet so I'm not sure as he is now he's playable on Wii.

While I modeled the extra parts, I did not really thought about polycount so yeah that made him the worst model I've done triangle count wise.

I love the way he looks now and he's working really well on dolphin so I think i'll do like AC Cloud and make an alternate version optimised for Wii player (with reduced polygons here and there) to not compromise the quality of the dolphin version.

So here's a huge bunch of screenshots :

FULL ALBUM

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
Too bad the KH one can't be used on wii as of now. It's so great! Glad to see some talent is sticking around with Brawl!

jaystring

Smash Ace
Too bad the KH one can't be used on wii as of now. It's so great! Glad to see some talent is sticking around with Brawl!
Don't worry, I just finished the Wii Version. I cut everywhere I could before quality was affected, It's 7000 triangle lower then dolphin version, has partial facial expression, lower res hair.

Here's the Wii version, without HD texture too so it will look exactly like this (minus the 1080p / 480p)

Love it <3
Thanks!!

Very nicely done man.
Thanks!
Those pics with the Smash U stages can really be mistaken as a Smash 4 mod. lol
I'm betting someone will actually port it to smash wii U once I release it.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I hope someone does... Cause I will use this over Cloud if it were. The Wii version still looks great man. Good job on this.

jaystring

Smash Ace
So, a bit random but here it is anyway!

after finishing KH Cloud, I took a small break of "modeling Clouds" to actually work a bit on my personnal build and at some point I was looking for a Tails Skin.

I found multiple of them but most of them had all sorts of bugs or quality issues that bothered me (bad skinning, crashing with Up-B, weird materials or other stuff like that)

I got tired of looking and decided "screw that, I'll just take the nicest one I've found, export it back to 3dsmax and redo it to my liking"

I ended up redoing KTH's Version in one night. I fixed all skinning issues it had, optimised it's skinning so he doesn't crash with Up-B when adding new materials, redid a bit his textures, put back Vanilla Sonic's material on him (his fur has a glow like effect like Sonic, red part of his shoes shine like Sonic and his Eyes are Sonic's material

And of course he has moving eyes, facial expressions, metalbox shader, etc.

So yeah, I guest I'll release a Tail mod (with credits to KTH) at some point

Here it is:

E-scope12

Smash Apprentice

after finishing KH Cloud, I took a small break of "modeling Clouds" to actually work a bit on my personnal build and at some point I was looking for a Tails Skin.

I found multiple of them but most of them had all sorts of bugs or quality issues that bothered me (bad skinning, crashing with Up-B, weird materials or other stuff like that)

I got tired of looking and decided "screw that, I'll just take the nicest one I've found, export it back to 3dsmax and redo it to my liking"

I ended up redoing KTH's Version in one night. I fixed all skinning issues it had, optimised it's skinning so he doesn't crash with Up-B when adding new materials, redid a bit his textures, put back Vanilla Sonic's material on him (his fur has a glow like effect like Sonic, red part of his shoes shine like Sonic and his Eyes are Sonic's material

Here it is:

This is so cool J jaystring .

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
While I hate Tails, I gotta say, this is slick
Yeah I have to second this. I'm not a fan of Tails whatsoever but I know good work when I see it. Awesome job!
sonic is even worse imo.
he's just an arrogant jerk.
I can't even bring myself to like the first 3 sonic games.
I just run into crap that has been poorly placed on the level and the levels themselves aren't even that good.
Labrinth zone is the worst level i have ever played in a 2d platformer.
i haven't even beaten it because it's so difficult for all the wrong reasons.
sometimes i wonder why i bought sonic 2 on my 3ds.
Streets of rage 2 is 10x better imo
the soundtrack is the only thing i like about sonic right now
my favorite sonic game is project m

btw i don't mean to offend anyone

jaystring

Smash Ace
Thank you all for the comments!

Tails is as important to the Sonic Franchise as other original "player 2" characters like Luigi or Ken etc

Like him or not, he totally deserve his place as an Sonic Alt.

He was pretty cool in the original games actually. He could do practical stuff that Sonic couldn't do like flying.

He started to suck when they gave him his annoying voice.

Anyway, I received confirmation from KTH that he's ok with me releasing his updated Tails so I'll release him soon with icons and stuff to smooth out the long wait for Cloud that continues!

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace

Here it is:

Holy ****, it looks dank as hell.
One question, will you give the tails their own bones?

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
Never guess what I found... Alternate Designed Buster Sword.

hum?! where is that from!? i've never seen that image. It looks like an edited version of the official FF7 Art

this :

Holy ****, it looks dank as hell.
One question, will you give the tails their own bones?
No I don't think I'll add bones for now, I'm using him as a Sonic Skin. Maybe later I'll add bones if I do a PSA version but that won't be until I've got a BrawlEx build setup.

The tails are rigged to Sonic's tiny tail so they do move a bit.

ProjectBrawl7

Smash Ace
Ah, alright.
I ask because im doing a tails psa.
Also, when will tails be released? When he gets renders?

CelticVizard

Smash Cadet
I doubt it was official. It was just something I remember seeing then forgot about for so long I thought I had made it up in my head when it popped back up. Then it took 2 days to find.

Top Bottom