• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jaystring's mod thread

jaystring

Smash Ace
More new stuff!!

first, the blue short costume is getting a black version

second, the orange short costume is getting a white version

third, the Justin Bailey costume is getting an red alternate with brown hair

and finally, ZSS will be my first update that will feature HD textures to use with the HD retexture project for dolphin user. All costume will get their HD textures.

An exemple (see the full gallery lower for the lowres comparaison) :

More WIP screenshots here

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
More new stuff!!

and finally, ZSS will be my first update that will feature HD textures to use with the HD retexture project for dolphin user. All costume will get their HD textures.

... Amazing.

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, still a WIP, but... The pose is fine, the head needs work. The ponytail version has her hair flowing too much to the side with no movement present in the pose. And she looks a little too angry in the CSP if you reduce the resolution to fit the Wii hardware, but that may just me.

Did you make stock icons for this (and Mewtwo)? I'm gonna download the Mewtwo update and Toad later today, but I'll ask anyway. EDIT: They have stock icons, good!

Last edited:

Granfalloon

Smash Cadet
I know it's too much to ask to remove the Wii U boots but man I'm so gonna enjoy going in there and removing that mole.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Yeah, still a WIP, but... The pose is fine, the head needs work. The ponytail version has her hair flowing too much to the side with no movement present in the pose. And she looks a little too angry in the CSP if you reduce the resolution to fit the Wii hardware, but that may just me.

Did you make stock icons for this (and Mewtwo)? I'm gonna download the Mewtwo update and Toad later today, but I'll ask anyway. EDIT: They have stock icons, good!
I think the mean head is because of how incline I posed it, i'll bring it up a bit, she'll look less mad. and yes on wii, you'll barely see her face expression. The hair is an easy fix, i'll tweak it

I've done stock icons for Mewtwo, Captain Toad, Megaman and soon ZSS now. Except ZSS, you can all download them right now.

gee seriously, those breasts really stick out
Well, I've not really done anything to them lol it's just well how she is... blame nintendo!

I know it's too much to ask to remove the Wii U boots but man I'm so gonna enjoy going in there and removing that mole.
I've purposely kept them because I wanted all the costume to feel like they were all part of a "Wii U ZSS" pack. I know there's a lot of people who doesn't like them but personally they don't really bother me. maybe removing the shoes could be a project for a later update. I'm soo close to actually have everything done, I want to share it soon, there a lot of new stuff in this update.

Didn't she always had that mole!?

Grimdeath

Smash Cadet
NNID
Grimdeath
More new stuff!!

It´s Amazing. You are a fantastic Creator. This Zero Suit Samus is so nice.
Have a Happy New Year :)

jaystring

Smash Ace
It´s Amazing. You are a fantastic Creator. This Zero Suit Samus is so nice.
Have a Happy New Year :)
Thanks a lot!! Happy New Year to you too!

I'm going at a couple of new year family parties soon then I'll try and release her right after!

jaystring

Smash Ace
So, as a New Year present, I managed to get ZSS pack done!!

You can download her right now Here (Scroll down to ZSS)!

Unfortunately, the image gallery is not ready yet but I'll replace the old one as soon as it's done (might take couple of days)

In the meantime, use the CSP renders to see what each costume look like.

There's a lot of new stuff. On top of having kept all the optimization from October update, here's everything new in the update :

1) Modified the skinning on all the hairs

2) Added an alternate loose hair haircut to all the costumes

3) Properly re-imported the Blue shorts costume to make it exactly like the wii U version (previously it was an orange short costume recolored to blue. Now it's a totally different model and textures)

4) Added 2 new alternate colors (a White Shorts recolor from the orange short model and a Black Shorts recolor from the blue Shorts model)

5) Added a custom made Justin Bailey costume (comes in 2 version, one with an arm canon replacing the gun and one without the canon). The Canon version has a slight visual bug with the alignement of the Beam FX. There's not much I was able to do about this but it's really not noticeable in normal gameplay and if it bother you, use the no canon version.

6) Added a Red recolor with brown hair to my Justin Bailey costume (both version, canon + no canon)

7) Added a full kit of CSP, BP, SI and CI for all 24 costumes (included HD version and regular version)(HD version are to be used with dolphin with HD retexture project)

8) Added HD textures for all 24 costumes (to be used with the dolphin HD retexture project)

Since I re-exported all of the costume completely, it's possible that some bugs might have slip in. Don't hesitate to contact me if you find any issues with any costume. I'll try to get it fix!

Have fun!

bngmn

Smash Cadet
Will you be making an hd mewtwo as well?
And your work is amazing btw!

jaystring

Smash Ace
Will you be making an hd mewtwo as well?
And your work is amazing btw!
Thank you!

Mewtwo didn't come with HD texture because, been a lower polygon model, he already had full high res texture in his pac file. Only a couple of minor texture (like mask texture or specular texture) could have been upscaled from the source file and comparing the HD version vs the original pac version, there was barely any difference.

That's the reason why I didn't include them with Mewtwo, there was no visual difference.

it's the same for Captain Toad and Megaman. I'll include them when it actually make a visual upgrade.

All fire emblem cast will soon have them.

jaystring

Smash Ace
ok ZSS's update gallery is uploaded Here and linked on the Brawl Vault Entry in the 2nd screenshot.

I've decided to keep the old one as is and add a new one with only the new costumes from the update. There was nothing wrong with the first one so I saved some time there.

Enjoy!

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Hey Jaystring, are you still taking requests? There's one I have that's pretty basic that I think a lot of people have wanted for a while. :p

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
what is it!?
Didn't want to say it outright in case you weren't. lol

So people have wanted a Classic Sonic skin over Sonic for a while! There are plenty of resources for a Generations model of him, or there's some ones on the Vault that don't work with PM but already have models (some Generations, some not) and use one-slot size mods. Size mods are unimportant to me personally. I think the real way to sell it would be to make a slot that doesn't use Sonic's voice clips, but that may complicate things a lot so it's not crucial by any means.

It looks like this in case you haven't seen it before:

jaystring

Smash Ace
Didn't want to say it outright in case you weren't. lol

So people have wanted a Classic Sonic skin over Sonic for a while! There are plenty of resources for a Generations model of him, or there's some ones on the Vault that don't work with PM but already have models (some Generations, some not) and use one-slot size mods. Size mods are unimportant to me personally. I think the real way to sell it would be to make a slot that doesn't use Sonic's voice clips, but that may complicate things a lot so it's not crucial by any means.

It looks like this in case you haven't seen it before:

Ho I see, well the closest i've been to classic sonic is i've made a texture edit of him a long time ago. It's a bit dated but it was looking not too bad.

Digging up my old files, it looked like this actually:

I used this vault entry and modified it's texture to make him look like above. Then I gave him a one slot size mod.

I didn't use any of the PSA stuff, He was working very well as a sonic costume in project M, I didn't have any problem with it.

I've got tons of modified mod like this... I was doing this before starting doing my own stuff.

I've only shared stuff I fully made up until now but i've got a lot of mods done that are modified version of other people mods to use personally. I might do some clean up eventually and release the one I still like.

The Bomberman re-texture I shared with PyotrLuzhin if you've been following his PSA progress is another case of a retexture I did like 2 years ago.

I'm not too familiar yet on how to change SFX with one slot mods. I wouldn't be able to do it right now unless someone shows me how.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Interesting! I would say that the Generations model has made it obsolete but I would love to hear more about other stuff you've done in the past.

Since the no-voice SFX part is something that's kinda extraneous, I think it'd still be cool if you did it anyway. There's a guy that knows how this stuff works a lot more than I do though. @Amazerommu Do you know how we could get a one-slot Classic Sonic to not use his voice clips?

jaystring

Smash Ace
Interesting! I would say that the Generations model has made it obsolete but I would love to hear more about other stuff you've done in the past.

Since the no-voice SFX part is something that's kinda extraneous, I think it'd still be cool if you did it anyway. There's a guy that knows how this stuff works a lot more than I do though. @Amazerommu Do you know how we could get a one-slot Classic Sonic to not use his voice clips?
hahaha well I've not shared them because some of them are old and I think I could do better today so I was going to redo or improve them with a project etc.

That include character like Dixie Kong, King K Rool, Eggman, etc. Bomberman and Classic Sonic where part of those too.

I loved all those character so I was going to do something with them eventually.

Some of my old stuff are good enough to be shared as is.

for exemple this here :

It's Mallow from Mario RPG over Meta Knight.

I've taken the model from this Vault Entry. While I loved the model, I didn't like it over Ice Climber and I thought it was weird that he was paired with the snowman, so I decided to port him over Metaknight.

He's working pretty good and I could release him as is so i'm probably going to do it eventually with credit to the original uploader.

but I'll finish my CSP pass first! I want to get this done in priority!

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Do you have any plans to add a couple more recolors/costumes to Lucina? Marth has 10 costumes in PM and she only has 8 (x4, but they have minor differences, so they're pretty much the same).

jaystring

Smash Ace
Do you have any plans to add a couple more recolors/costumes to Lucina? Marth has 10 costumes in PM and she only has 8 (x4, but they have minor differences, so they're pretty much the same).
hum.. do you have an idea of what new costume she could have!? I'm not super familiar with fire emblem as i've never played the game.

or maybe just 2 new recolors!?

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Just recolors. I'm not the biggest Fire Emblem fan either, so I don't know what colors could work. The best option would be more references to FE:A characters, but you can try older characters like Lyn, Micaiah, Lilina, etc.
She already has 4 alternate versions, but using a masked or short-haired alt for the last 2 slots isn't ideal because her clothing color will overlap with another costume. Now that you're adding CSPs to your old uploads so I thought this was the perfect time to add 2 more recolors.

Or you can try to recreate this, but it would require a lot more work:

jaystring

Smash Ace
Just recolors. I'm not the biggest Fire Emblem fan either, so I don't know what colors could work. The best option would be more references to FE:A characters, but you can try older characters like Lyn, Micaiah, Lilina, etc.
She already has 4 alternate versions, but using a masked or short-haired alt for the last 2 slots isn't ideal because her clothing color will overlap with another costume. Now that you're adding CSPs to your old uploads so I thought this was the perfect time to add 2 more recolors.

Or you can try to recreate this, but it would require a lot more work:
yeah I,ve seen that costume a while back, I think it's her "Great Lord" costume or something. I can't find any good picture of it in-game thought, there's only this concept art as not too bad reference and a bunch of cosplay image. I think Chrom has one too.

While they would be good idea and probably not too hard to do, they would take a bit of time to do. I was toying with the idea of adding a new costume for Chrom too but ultimately, I think that for now, i'll not add new costume to fire emblem cast unless they can be done fairly quickly because I think it's time I get this CSP pass done and get back to new stuff.

My last new mod was Dante and I finished him in beginning of November so I've basically been doing CSP update for 2 months now (It would have taken me much much less time but i've been ambition with the updates and added bunch of new stuff for megaman and ZSS. This is what took all the time)

I can't wait to get back to Megaman X, Ryu, Vergil, Lady and Cloud. They've all been sitting on my computer for soo long lol

I'm ok with adding new recolors thought, this can be done super quick. I'll add 2 new original one for Lucina no problem. One of them could be a white one like Marth has, I don't think she has one. we'll see for the other)

And maybe those great Lord costume could be a surprise for later!

jaystring

Smash Ace
Hello!!

I'll be showing up some progress today.

First, here's Chrom CSP look. We don't see his sword, it's unfortunate but ho well I think he's still turning up good.

Second, here's an in-game look at Stock Icon and BP

Third, you can see a quick comparaison of his HD texture here. Since he was a pretty low res character, his pac file had already quite good resolution texture so he doesn't gain that much with HD texture but it still a bit better.

And finally, I think Megaman X fan will like that one!

I've been progressing a lot on the Full armor custom model i've been doing. Here a look at it :

You can see 2 more images here.

Keep in mind it's not done yet and still a WIP. For example, his canon texture was barely started in the screenshots.

Once I bring him in-game with his good material, shader and stuff, I think he's gonna look quite good.

I've took the liberty to add new details to have him match with his regular smash Wii U outfit which also has a lot of new details versus his original design.

I'm talking about the one I've already shown in-game a while back. This here :

jaystring

Smash Ace
Chrom has been updated! Here's what new :

1) added CSP, BP and Stock Icons

2) added HD textures to use with Dolphin HD texture project(2 textures are duplicated in the folder you'll see. That's because these 2 textures are different with the Roy and Marth version in the pac file)

3) added a OneslotSizeMod of the Roy Version to make Chrom the same size as his Marth Version

Since Roy in PM is supposed to be a teenager, he's less tall that Marth which made Chrom look really small with my mod. The Oneslotsizemod version fix this issue by making Chrom the same size as Marth but also comes with the negative of using a sizemod :

1) There's a slight visual bug with Chrom when grabing ledges (his hands are misplaced).
2) Chrom looses his yellow eyes when getting the final smash ball
3) There's indeed a tiny gameplay difference by scaling him because his attack reach and jump height are extended a small bit. For competitive stuff, stick with the not scaled.

Wii U Roy will get a OneSlot sizemod too.

you can download him here (scroll down) :

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=30229

Gallery

Also, there's going to be an Ike port of Chrom eventually. I'm keeping this in my do to list but it's not going to be right now, Sorry for people who were waiting for it.

I didn't feel like doing it right now. It's gonna come eventually

Same with Megaman Wii U port on Ness. This one is half way done but i'll finish it later and anyway, looking at the PSA, it would make sense that I do it after i've done Megaman X because there an X model inside there too.

HollowNeku

Smash Rookie
Great work as always, but I was wondering, do you have plans of making Robin and/or Corrin at some point?

jaystring

Smash Ace
Thanks!

The regular X model is from smash 4. I just tweaked it's texture and closed it's mouth (In smash 4, Megaman X has his mouth permanently open because he's seen only in the final smash shooting his beam)

(This one here)

The Full Armor I just showed is a complete custom model I've done. You'll find it nowhere else!

RadicalMongoose

Smash Apprentice
Thanks!

The regular X model is from smash 4. I just tweaked it's texture and closed it's mouth (In smash 4, Megaman X has his mouth permanently open because he's seen only in the final smash shooting his beam)

(This one here)

The Full Armor I just showed is a complete custom model I've done. You'll find it nowhere else!
The Armor looks great, very professional looking.

jaystring

Smash Ace
The Armor looks great, very professional looking.
Thank you!! I've been doing modeling for a long time now! pretty used to it

This model was my first big custom project for Brawl. my next one is going to be a stage probably, I've had an idea I want to do for a while and I've been wanting to start learning how to import stages too.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Good LORD man! Somebody make that Mega Man X move set balanced for Project M!
That would be super cool! Unfortunately, PSA and animation is not really my stuff. but I would love to work with someone to make him a full custom character like the ridley one or the waluigi one.

For now we'll enjoy him as a Samus Skin

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
That would be super cool! Unfortunately, PSA and animation is not really my stuff. but I would love to work with someone to make him a full custom character like the ridley one or the waluigi one.

For now we'll enjoy him as a Samus Skin
Well he's definitely one of the best custom models I think I've seen. Excellent work.

Top Bottom