• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jaystring's mod thread

C.YI

Smash Rookie
Would you consider eventually porting your X model over the MegamanX over R.O.B. moveset on the vault?

jaystring

Smash Ace
This 100% I'd love to see someone Develop X into a stronger version of Vanilla Mega Man. Kind of like a Link/Young Link situation.
That would be really cool!

If a serious PM PSA project were to rise up, I probably would make his other X2, X3 etc armors too if I get involved somehow.

There's a good couple of limitation that I'm facing for having him as a Samus Skin : Samus doesn't have a face so she doesn't have moving eyes and facial expressions so I can't give them to X.

Would you consider eventually porting your X model over the MegamanX over R.O.B. moveset on the vault?
I don't know, we'll see. maybe

jaystring

Smash Ace
Hum, so I guest I couldn't resist bringing a little something new for my CSP pass on FE characters.

Here's a little Idea I got that ended up working really well I think!

Wii U Marth will be getting back his Brawl costume!

Something like this! :

Original Wii U on the left, new Brawl costume of Wii U Marth on the right.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Hum, so I guest I couldn't resist bringing a little something new for my CSP pass on FE characters.

Something like this! :

Wow

Obskore

Smash Ace

Something like this! :

i'm ok with this! it works very well

jaystring

Smash Ace
Wii U Megaman X doesn't have recolors but I still decided to give him some!

His recolors will be all his power ups from X1

Here's a sneak peak!

Shotgun Ice

Fire Wave

Electric Spark

Boomerang Cutter

Chameleon Sting

Homing Torpedo

Rolling Shield

Storm Tornado

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
yes!

one of the main reason why I did the long hair was for the Shorts alt!

All costume will get them so you guy will be able to put any combination you want in your build (you can have orange with a ponytail and blue loose. etc)

Also, Short alt will get a White recolor (to match the white project M) and a Black Recolor (from Metroid Super I think)

Justin Bailey is getting a Brown Hair with Red Suit.

Basically inspired from this here
First off I just want to say I really love the Justin Bailey costume you made and also the loose hair alts.
I was wondering if you would mind making a Super Metroid based costume for ZSS. I know you made a black recolor that is similar, but basically I am currently using a version of ZSS on Brawl Vault that includes a costume that is true to the Super Metroid sprite and I really want it in the same quality that you have made.

jaystring

Smash Ace
First off I just want to say I really love the Justin Bailey costume you made and also the loose hair alts.
I was wondering if you would mind making a Super Metroid based costume for ZSS. I know you made a black recolor that is similar, but basically I am currently using a version of ZSS on Brawl Vault that includes a costume that is true to the Super Metroid sprite and I really want it in the same quality that you have made.
Thank you!

The Super Metroid one!? The one where she's in a black top with black panties right!?

I might do it at a later date. I made 24 variant of ZSS, and each one had to be tested, rendered for CSP etc.

I was getting tired on been on ZSS by the end so I skipped all variant that required modeling after Justin Bailey.

I was toying with her young samus outfit too which ultimately I skipped.

Maybe I'll feel like getting back to her eventually and give her more stuff! we'll see!

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
Thank you!

The Super Metroid one!? The one where she's in a black top with black panties right!?

I might do it at a later date. I made 24 variant of ZSS, and each one had to be tested, rendered for CSP etc.

I was getting tired on been on ZSS by the end so I skipped all variant that required modeling after Justin Bailey.

I was toying with her young samus outfit too which ultimately I skipped.

Maybe I'll feel like getting back to her eventually and give her more stuff! we'll see!
Well thank you for the consideration I'm happy that there is a possibility of it happening

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Hey, jaystring, I love your work and wanted to say thanks for your work.

This is just a small thing, but I noticed that the cannon on the justin bailey costume and the plasma whip don't exactly line up. How do I fix it?

jaystring

Smash Ace
Hey, jaystring, I love your work and wanted to say thanks for your work.

This is just a small thing, but I noticed that the cannon on the justin bailey costume and the plasma whip don't exactly line up. How do I fix it?
Thank you!

yes, it's a known bug. the reason is because the beam whip is supposed to be coming out of the tip of the gun (which is invisible in my Justin Bailey with canon model) and the gun actually deform so the tip doesn't stay at the same place, it move around with a bone which the canon I made doesn't have.

Unfortunately I have not found a way to fix this yet (using the actual canon I made).

One way ot fix it is I would need to do a new canon model that's actually big enough to fit the gun inside it. If you look carefully at Project M's model, you'll notice that it's what they did.

I didn't want to do the huge canon because she's supposed to have a small round one but yeah, it's causing the bug.

For now, I would suggest you to use the model without the canon if you're really annoyed by it. If I ever find a good idea to fix this, I'll make an update.

sj123

Smash Rookie
Wow tu trabajo es asombroso.... you are very good doing this :) hey bro do you need help? maybe I can help you with that, you make awesome textures... Zero Suit Samus is perfect...I want to help you to get Roy, Marth and Ike as cool as zss haha you know DSX8 and Edward F are doing awesome stages so we need more awesome character like yours. seriously, I want to help, I learn fast lol

Thanks and keep that good work

jaystring

Smash Ace
Wow tu trabajo es asombroso.... you are very good doing this :) hey bro do you need help? maybe I can help you with that, you make awesome textures... Zero Suit Samus is perfect...I want to help you to get Roy, Marth and Ike as cool as zss haha you know DSX8 and Edward F are doing awesome stages so we need more awesome character like yours. seriously, I want to help, I learn fast lol

Thanks and keep that good work
Thanks a lot!

hum, I don't think I really need any help honestly. I wouldn't even know really with what you could help me as i'm quite familiar with all the part of porting a character now which mean that really, it's quite easy for me now.

It's more about finding the time to get things done since porting a character is long to do if you want to make it as perfect as possible.

And by the way, I'll be trying stage porting soon, I've got a project started and I want to learn how to do it too. It won't stop me from doing characters but I feel it would be great to make a couple of stages too.

My first stage will be a complete custom, 100% modeled by me.

What did you like about ZSS that's missing with Roy, Ike and Marth!? I've done the same process for all of them. The only specific thing i've done for ZSS is her dress shader which use a subtle rim light to mimic her Wii U shader. It works well for ZSS but I don't think it would work well to all characters.

jaystring

Smash Ace
New stuff! Again!

Here's a first look at Lucina's WIP render for CSP

and also here's a first look at Vergil In-Game

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Those huge boots on Lucina... How didn't I notice that before? lol And I'm not feeling that pose, but I can't say what's wrong with it, I'm probably too used to more action-y poses The boots are distracting me and make me see her entire outfit bigger than it is. It's weird that I don't have that problem with the Smash4 render. Good thing the CSP won't show them. Right?

Zero Gravity Bewbs are still more distracting though. Sakurai had a lot of fun designing ZSS, I suppose.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Those huge boots on Lucina... How didn't I notice that before? lol And I'm not feeling that pose, but I can't say what's wrong with it, I'm probably too used to more action-y poses The boots are distracting me and make me see her entire outfit bigger than it is. It's weird that I don't have that problem with the Smash4 render. Good thing the CSP won't show them. Right?

Zero Gravity Bewbs are still more distracting though. Sakurai had a lot of fun designing ZSS, I suppose.
Just like ZSS, I did nothing to Lucina's boots. I think they might look bigger because of how I angle the camera upward. I might try a completly different pose for her. I don't dislike the one I shown but like you I feel like something is missing and i'm not able to pinpoint what exactly.

Are there any other wii u modeled textures out there that i should be aware of before making any other irrational questions?
I got no plans for Captain Falcon right now, not saying i'm not gonna do it one day but more like you'll have to wait a good good while. I think there's also a port of Samus, Jigglypuff, Cloud and Little Mac that were done by other people.

maybe there's more, I don't know about other. just use Brawl Vault's search and look for "Wii U", you should find all of them.

Some of them, like Cloud and Jigglypuff I do plan on doing my own version event if they are already on the vault.

No new stuff to show today, I've pass time this weekend tweaking my personal build. I've successfully manage to make a custom ISO with all my custom songs so now I've pretty much got "Infinite" space to put custom stages and character in my build without going over the 2 gig limit :)

jaystring

Smash Ace
Another test. Honestly I'm not sure which one I like better between this one and the first one ...

Edit : oups, I used the wrong camera for my render. This one is the right one!

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
About the ZSS skins...

Are they optimized enough to work on the Wii, or are they still PC master race?
Since Update 1, she should run better then Roy and Ike now, she has less poly then both and I optimized her model and skining a lot since the first release.

I'm not sure how it translate to Wii performance as i've not tried any of my mods on Wii but give it a try, it should work

worst case is you'll have some lag with multiple of them in the same match.

jaystring

Smash Ace
As I've already mentionned earlier, Lucina will be getting 2 new custom recolors with her update to fill in the blanks for Marth's 10 costumes of Project M.

They are both "non-canon" custom stuff i've played with. Both of them are not done, just WIP. I haven't even taken a look at them in-game yet. but I quite like the color combo of them so their final version should stick to color really close to the one shown here.

Her first one is inspired by Marth's cool White costume.

Brawlbox preview

Render WIP preview

Her second one is a dark blue one with exposed arm and leg.

Brawlbox preview

Render WIP preview

Obskore

Smash Ace
As I've already mentionned earlier, Lucina will be getting 2 new custom recolors with her update to fill in the blanks for Marth's 10 costumes of Project M.

They are both "non-canon" custom stuff i've played with. Both of them are not done, just WIP. I haven't even taken a look at them in-game yet. but I quite like the color combo of them so their final version should stick to color really close to the one shown here.

Her first one is inspired by Marth's cool White costume.

Brawlbox preview

Render WIP preview

Her second one is a dark blue one with exposed arm and leg.

Brawlbox preview

Render WIP preview
welp, i wasn't expecting that second one, once again.
it reminds me of the very first Marth design from Fire Emblem 1

NXero

Smash Apprentice
I love the new White recolor! And it looks great in that render. I was thinking about bringing back Marth to my build, but now I know I'll keep Lucina! I just need to fix her announcer call splice...

Also, this is just my opinion, but in the second costume... She looks almost naked. Of course she isn't, but that was my impression at a first glance. The thing that bothers me more is the upper body, her chest is exposed in a weird way, she needs a sleeveless shirt or something, but it may look fine in-game

The only mod of yours that hasn't worked for me in the Wii is Cpt Toad, it slowed down the game to sub 10 fps. But I haven't downloaded everything

jaystring

Smash Ace
yeah kind of! although I didn't got inspired by him at all! I was actually going to do a full black version in the beginning but I got the idea mid-way to try and put back some skin in one of the texture and it ended up looking like I showed

I love the new White recolor! And it looks great in that render. I was thinking about bringing back Marth to my build, but now I know I'll keep Lucina! I just need to fix her announcer call splice...

Also, this is just my opinion, but in the second costume... She looks almost naked. Of course she isn't, but that was my impression at a first glance. The thing that bothers me more is the upper body, her chest is exposed in a weird way, she needs a sleeveless shirt or something, but it may look fine in-game

The only mod of yours that hasn't worked for me in the Wii is Cpt Toad, it slowed down the game to sub 10 fps. But I haven't downloaded everything
that's quite weird, Captain Toad shouldn't be causing any issues. he's one of the lightest mod i've made. are you playing Brawl or Project M!? I've started him with an export of Project M Olimar so maybe that's the problem if you're playing Brawl.

Also, if you've tested only the first version, try the most recent one. In his first version his texture were too highres. I made an update at some point because someone pinpointed me that he caused crash.

Eventually one day, once BrawlEx become possible, I would like to have Lucina with Marth side by side and not have to replace anything.

I've not looked at the costume in-game yet so I might tweak them once I see them in-game. Her new costumes are only textures edits anyway so you'll be able to easily put back her cloths if you want by replacing the new skin texture with the corresponding one from another of her pac file recolors.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Oh weird! She does look like that! Why on earth hasn't someone made this costume for Marth yet?

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Oh weird! She does look like that! Why on earth hasn't someone made this costume for Marth yet?
I swear the Smash 3C folks were doing it, but I haven't seen or head anything about it since I first saw how it looked. I believe SatoshiKura was developing it.

(My apologies to Jaystring for showing this, kinda off-topic.)

jaystring

Smash Ace
I swear the Smash 3C folks were doing it, but I haven't seen or head anything about it since I first saw how it looked. I believe SatoshiKura was developing it.

(My apologies to Jaystring for showing this, kinda off-topic.)
no worries!

to give my opinion on the subject, I think that we haven't see that costume yet because honestly, it's not a really interesting costume..

Sure it would be easy to do but of all the skins we can be doing, it's hard to prioritize 1980 Marth in a skirt before all the cool stuff left to do.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
no worries!

to give my opinion on the subject, I think that we haven't see that costume yet because honestly, it's not a really interesting costume..

Sure it would be easy to do but of all the skins we can be doing, it's hard to prioritize 1980 Marth in a skirt before all the cool stuff left to do.
It was being done for fun by Satoshi. I think he shelfed it because of some issues, which I no longer have access to because my skype history is gone. I'll ask him about it when I next see it.

Top Bottom