• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jaystring's mod thread

jaystring

Smash Ace
I think as far as the adult Zelda characters are concerned, Zelda actually seems the most "upgraded" as her face is drastically improved.

Ganondorf and Link I feel their Brawl model's faces are actually a lot better.
yes! totally agree with you! I don't like Link and Ganondorf from Wii U that much. But Zelda is much better.

I don't know what happened with Link in smash Wii U. His hyrule Warriors face is so much more better.

Zelda Wii U export has been asked to me multiple time now and before I wasn't sure I was going to do her but now yeah I'm confirming that i'll be porting her at some point.

I also have some special cool ideas planned for her! :)

But you'll have to be real patient as she's nowhere near started right now.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

yes! totally agree with you! I don't like Link and Ganondorf from Wii U that much. But Zelda is much better.

I don't know what happened with Link in smash Wii U. His hyrule Warriors face is so much more better.

Zelda Wii U export has been asked to me multiple time now and before I wasn't sure I was going to do her but now I'm yeah I'm confirming that i'll be porting her at some point.

I also have some special cool ideas planned for her! :)

But you'll have to be real patient as she's nowhere near started right now.
Dude, this makes me so happy to hear that! Yeah, I'll be patient. The idea of using her glorious Wii U model in Project M excites me like you wouldn't believe.

Take your time and keep up the good work! :D

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Took the liberty of doing some recolors for Wii U Ike.
Red:

Green:

The first is from my red assassin Ike that I did a while ago. The second was a cool green recolor I found. I did the CSP's and BP's as well to match.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Took the liberty of doing some recolors for Wii U Ike.
Red:

Green:

The first is from my red assassin Ike that I did a while ago. The second was a cool green recolor I found. I did the CSP's and BP's as well to match.
cool! great job!

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
Ever thought of merging Smash 4's ZSS head to her gross boobsock Brawl Models?
Seriously, what is people's beef with her Brawl model, I genuinly cannot understand. Someone elaborate to me :dizzy:

Edit: I'm glad you guys brought up Zelda's improvement. It's pretty apparent that she's the only Zelda character with any aesthetic improvement, minus Sheik but she doesn't count because I said so. Ever since his reveal I want to vomit every time I look at Toon Link, knowing how easy it is to get his design right and they screwed THAT up. His Brawl model was so good...

Also some food for thought:
Mii Brawler=Mario
Mii Swordfighter=Toon Link
Mii Gunner=Flaco the Lombarber
barber-meme-what-you-want-squilliam-fancyson.jpg

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Seriously, what is people's beef with her Brawl model, I genuinly cannot understand. Someone elaborate to me :dizzy:
Compared to the Wii U's version, it doesn't look as good. Also... with what you quoted... the outfit wraps around her breasts individually instead of as a whole like it should've. It looks silly, considering she's one of the more realistic looking characters. Generally they could've done a bit better. That's why I think it'd be pointless to put her Smash U head, on her Brawl body. Smash U's is already that, but better.

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace

Edit: I'm glad you guys brought up Zelda's improvement. It's pretty apparent that she's the only Zelda character with any aesthetic improvement, minus Sheik but she doesn't count because I said so. Ever since his reveal I want to vomit every time I look at Toon Link, knowing how easy it is to get his design right and they screwed THAT up. His Brawl model was so good...

Also some food for thought:
Mii Brawler=Mario
Mii Swordfighter=Toon Link
Mii Gunner=Flaco the Lombarber
yeah the Wii U zelda characters will be a bit of a hassle once I get to them. I like Zelda's Wii U model so this one I want to do but the others I don't really know. Sheik seems a bit better but not that much, Toon Link I don't like that much too and Ganon and Link I prefer their old model. There's also the hyrule warriors model that I really really love. These require a lot of work but I really do want to look into porting them someday.

maybe i'll do more model mixing again at that point, similar to what I did with fire emblem models.

for exemple, I don't like Wii U Link's face but love the HW one ---) why not use HW Link's face and Wii U Link's body and rebalance the textures etc and create a new Link!.

we'll see, it's still far away as I've got Cloud, Ryu and other started project to do right now.

your Mii fighters suggestion made me remember something : I would love to do new original import for Fox, Falco and Wolf. Similar to my Captain Toad, Megaman X and Megaman over Olimar, Samus and Lucario.

All three of them use a lot of kicks, have a gun and have a somewhat humanly shaped squeleton. There should be a lot of characters that fits these "requirements"

Compared to the Wii U's version, it doesn't look as good. Also... with what you quoted... the outfit wraps around her breasts individually instead of as a whole like it should've. It looks silly, considering she's one of the more realistic looking characters. Generally they could've done a bit better. That's why I think it'd be pointless to put her Smash U head, on her Brawl body. Smash U's is already that, but better.
I've already done a lot of alt costumes for ZSS anyway with all the haircuts variant and Justin Bailey skins. I don't intend to add new one soon as there's a ton more new stuff that would be more interesting to do first.

jaystring

Smash Ace
It's going to be quiet in this thread for a while and it's not because I've disappeared but because I'm announcing that I've decided to do some unique custom costumes for Wii U Cloud!!

So, what am I doing!?

well for start, this will be the first one!!

Expect an awesome new updated Wii U model to look like Kingdom Heart Cloud!

Custom model takes time to do so be patient!

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Holy **** dude... If only that was an alt instead of AC Cloud for Wii U. I eagerly await that.

As for the quote of mine... I was just clarifying why others didn't really like the Brawl model. I already know the work you put into her yourself. Which looks great by the way.

RadicalMongoose

Smash Apprentice
It's going to be quiet in this thread for a while and it's not because I've disappeared but because I'm announcing that I've decided to do some unique custom costumes for Wii U Cloud!!

So, what am I doing!?

This is what I've been waiting for.

Obskore

Smash Ace

So, what am I doing!?

i see you're gaining some courage there huh, moving onto custom modeling, nice to know!

jaystring

Smash Ace
Holy **** dude... If only that was an alt instead of AC Cloud for Wii U. I eagerly await that.

As for the quote of mine... I was just clarifying why others didn't really like the Brawl model. I already know the work you put into her yourself. Which looks great by the way.
well AC Cloud is great too but yeah! they should have at least put in all the dissidia costumes.

i see you're gaining some courage there huh, moving onto custom modeling, nice to know!
well not really, i've already done my first custom a while back! This guy here!

Kingdom Heart Cloud is actually a much simpler custom then Full Armor X as I can reuse a lot of the original FF7 model and tweak it / add a cape, wing, belts and other details.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I did a thing.

Win2:
Win2Wait:
Got the scabbard animated for Roy.

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
I did a thing.

Win2:
Win2Wait:
So that's his sm4sh win animation, isn't it? That's cool that you got the sheath (or scabbard) animated! I guess that's hard to do, since it doesn't have an easy way to animate. I think it's attached to the model, but doesn't have it's own bones, right? correct me if i'm wrong.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Yes it is. That's his Win2. It's not normally rigged to the actual scabbard's bones from Smash U. I just changed the single bind that it was rigged to, to that of Marths sheath bone, the TsukaN bone. Then animated it from scratch. Was a hassle since it wasn't normally set to it. But I got it working.

Last edited:

Obskore

Smash Ace
Yes it is. That's his Win2. It's not normally rigged to the actual scabbard's bones from Smash U. I just changed the singe bind that it was rigged to, to that of Marths sheath bone, the TsukaN bone. Then animated it from scratch. Was a hassle since it wasn't normally set to it. But I got it working.
wait, i thought porting Wii U animations to Brawl required the same skeleton and rigging as the Wii U models, was there a breakthrough on that?

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
wait, i thought porting Wii U animations to Brawl required the same skeleton and rigging as the Wii U models, was there a breakthrough on that?

Well considering how similar Roy's skeleton is to Marth, it wasn't too difficult, and Wii U Marth is pretty much identical to his Brawl self. The thing is... since I set the scabbard to the TsukaN, I had to go through the whole Fitmotion to make sure it wasn't out of place in some of the animations. It took a few hours... but I have it done now. I may put it up later once I have all the animations done.

Also, if you'd like to know how to do it yourself.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=75576.0

Dunno if there's a similar one on Smashboards or not. KJP was the one who ripped the animations for me. I almost have all of his attacks now. I now have his Waits, Walks, Counters, Taunts, and Wins. Just need the rest... which I may get sometime this week. If he doesn't tire himself out that is.

CelticVizard

Smash Cadet
Jaystring,

I had just popped in here after trying to google search pictures of Green AC Cloud... I haven't read everything here yet, but when do you think the Cloud ACs will be done or if you can't answer that directly, just say what your currently trying to do with that? KH looks great!

Please and Thank You.

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
I did a thing.

Win2:
Win2Wait:
very very nice!! good job!!

have you figured out a way to reduce file size a bit for the fitmotion? that was the biggest issue last time you showed me! textures had to be cut down A LOT to be playable on Wii (dolphin was fine with the HD textures).

actually, when you're done, let me know and we could check to update all my costumes with the correct bone structure and put up a new pack (which at this point could be considered almost a Wii U PSA)

Jaystring,

I had just popped in here after trying to google search pictures of Green AC Cloud... I haven't read everything here yet, but when do you think the Cloud ACs will be done or if you can't answer that directly, just say what your currently trying to do with that? KH looks great!

Please and Thank You.
At this point, all 3 Wii U Clouds are basically done (FF7 Cloud, AC Cloud and AC Cloud with broken sleeve). I'm holding them off until I've done all the custom costume I want to do to him to pack them all together.

How long it's gonna take totally depend on how many and how much effort I want to put on his custom costumes. Just stay around, I'll update when I do have updates.

Personnally, I hate the original Wii U recolors, they look cheap and horrible. What I'm thinking of doing right now is replacing his recolors with custom model. For Instance the Kingdom Heart Costume will be his red one.

I'm thinking about the FF7 one been the Blue one and this is one been the green one :

I have an idea of which one I want to do (Kingdom Heart and now Crisis Core one I've just confirmed) but I've not decided how many custom costume in total I want to make yet.

As for the progress, well, I've only got KH Cloud started and here's where he's at!

As you can see, still a lot of left to do (his wing, his finger thing, a lot of belt setups everywhere, finish his thing on his left bicep, some textures to tweak and remove some shadows, his boots has extra belts, all the bandage on his sword. etc

none of the new model are rigged too.

There's still a lot of work!

Cynapse

Smash Ace
I've never played KH and personally I think Cloud looks stupid in it, but I'm totally going to use that costume.

jaystring

Smash Ace
I've never played KH and personally I think Cloud looks stupid in it, but I'm totally going to use that costume.
haha, I'm on the same boat actually. Never played Kingdom Heart. I don't think he looks stupid but I've got no idea "who he is" in the context of this game (I think he's a boss fight or something. Why I don't know lol)

Costume is fun to do thought and I know lots of people will like it!

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
He is a boss fight. You fight him to test your strength. It's an optional one though. An arena fight, where you can face off against a few different people and a bunch of waves of the heartless. He plays a bigger role in KH II though.

very very nice!! good job!!

have you figured out a way to reduce file size a bit for the fitmotion? that was the biggest issue last time you showed me! textures had to be cut down A LOT to be playable on Wii (dolphin was fine with the HD textures).

actually, when you're done, let me know and we could check to update all my costumes with the correct bone structure and put up a new pack (which at this point could be considered almost a Wii U PSA)
Yeah... I will tell you when I get the other animations done and ready. I'll probably make a PSA for him in Brawl... He's already got all this work put into him. I haven't found a way to lower the size yet, sadly. But I did get some info on how to increase the limit a bit. So, hopefully when this is all done he won't crash.

Those new costume ideas are great. KH/Wii U Cloud is coming along nicely.

Last edited:

CelticVizard

Smash Cadet
He is a boss fight. You fight him to test your strength. It's an optional one though. An arena fight, where you can face off against a few different people and a bunch of waves of the heartless. He plays a bigger role in KH II though.

Yeah... I will tell you when I get the other animations done and ready. I'll probably make a PSA for him in Brawl... He's already got all this work put into him. I haven't found a way to lower the size yet, sadly. But I did get some info on how to increase the limit a bit. So, hopefully when this is all done he won't crash.

There is a PSA of SSB4 Cloud being made. On Brawl Vualt the person making it has released 3 Beta versions. His name is something like Red Ninja, but with wild captials and lower case. Its actually really good.

jaystring

Smash Ace

Cool! let me know when you have updates!

There is a PSA of SSB4 Cloud being made. On Brawl Vualt the person making it has released 3 Beta versions. His name is something like Red Ninja, but with wild captials and lower case. Its actually really good.
yeah I know. I've actually sent a message to one of the creator asking some technical stuff about their PSA. I want to make my cloud with all it's costumes compatible with it.

still waiting for his reply.

--------------------------------------------

ok I've got a quick question for hardcore FF7 fans out there.

I've noticed there's kind of 2 "official" design for the original buster sword.

This

and This

The first one is much more barebone. The second one has carved marking on the blade and has a gold design over the hilt with the design been cut of in the middle.

The first one is actually used in Smash Wii U for FF7 Cloud. The second one is used in Advent Children and Crisis Core that I know of. It's also the one that Lightning get with the FF7 DLC costume in FF13-3

first one

second One

Now, why is there 2 of them? isn't it suposed to always be the same sword? Did it just got a redesign at some point and we are supposed to believe that it's the same sword? Do one belong to Zack and the other is Cloud's sword? (I've not played Crisis Core yet)

I've got both sword model and I like the one with the gold detail way more and I would like to give it to one or multiple of my Cloud mod but I'm just curious if there's a story behind this.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030

I know about that. Red Ninja and WARNING are working on it together. I am giving Red Ninja a bit of help if he needs it. The stuff I was talking about was for Roy. That Jaystring and I will possibly collab on. Him doing the costumes... while I do the PSA stuff.

Edit: Oh my... Edwguard Flows liked a post of mine? The "apprentice" to DSX? Even though DSX messes up a lot of stuff. :v

Now, why is there 2 of them? isn't it suposed to always be the same sword? Did it just got a redesign at some point and we are supposed to believe that it's the same sword? Do one belong to Zack and the other is Cloud's sword? (I've not played Crisis Core yet)

I've got both sword model and I like the one with the gold detail way more and I would like to give it to one or multiple of my Cloud mod but I'm just curious if there's a story behind this.

I think it's a redesign. I'd probably take it as like... over time he added to the blade itself. For the most part it looks the same. The only differences were the hilt, and the etchings in the blade. Maybe it was a personal touch that he added sometime down the line before switching his sword to the new one he has now.

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030

I think it's a redesign. I'd probably take it as like... over time he added to the blade itself. For the most part it looks the same. The only differences were the hilt, and the etchings in the blade. Maybe it was a personal touch that he added sometime down the line before switching his sword to the new one he has now.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
I would prefer the first because it's the most recognizable, but the second has just enough flair to be considered an improvement.

As for why the design shifts, Square never gave a straight answer. The sword originally belonged to Angeal and his family, but he never used it as doing so would hurt his family's "honor." Crazy **** happens and it is then passed to Zack. More crazy **** happens and it ends up with Cloud. Because there's a few months of time unaccounted for between leaving Zack's body and being found in the slums by Tifa, we can't say for sure why the bolted metal that makes the lip above the hilt is added on over the gold filigree. Any changes to the blade after that make no sense to me, especially KH.

CelticVizard

Smash Cadet
It is the same sword. It was most likely redone for Advent Children because they had better tech than they did in 97. The sword's story explained in Crisis Core is that the sword was made for Angeal upon making it in SOLDIER. It did represent 2 sets of honor... his family and his own. He didn't like wearing down the sword becuase it was more a symbol than weapon. He did however use it once to protect Zack. Then it was passed on as a form of preserving honor, 1st to Zack then to Cloud.

If I was making the calls on this project, keep the original Buster Sword on the Soldier uniform, but give the standard AC Recolors the redesign as a bonus to reference one of the movie's early trailer where he's using the redesign against the leader of the 3 vilians.

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
all right! thanks for all the replies!

Wii U FF7 Cloud is already done with the original Buster Sword so I won't get rid of it. I'll most likely do 2 version of Wii U FF7 Cloud, an extra one with the gold design sword so everyone can choose which one they want to use!

Crisis core Cloud will get only the gold one like in his game

and Kingdom Heart Cloud, just like in his game, will get the Wii U old looking Sword only with added bandage like he has.

It's interesting that AC Cloud is using the original Buster Sword in early footage of the movie! I didn't see (or notice) that before!

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
He used it in a flash back. For the most part he uses the Fusion Swords in the movie. Even finishes off the main bad guy with it... or Sephiroth as he sees him.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Popping in to say "that's some pretty great **** you got going on over there".

Have a couple of ideas how you got the design on the hip thing for KH cloud to look the way it did (although I suck at hard surface modelling). Although it does look like the textures help define the model a bit. Now I'm thinking it might not be that thing I'm thinking about and is just some verts that were pulled out to round it out.

And I quite literally have no idea how you made the scarf neck cape thing, those always confuse me (and I end up with really high poly stuff when I'm done with it). inb4 I just found one man, it's not that hard. Don't break mah heart ;~;

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
If he did make that from scratch... then damn, good job. If he found it. Still cool, you'll be fine Drogoth.

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
If he did make that from scratch... then damn, good job. If he found it. Still cool, you'll be fine Drogoth.
It's a mix of both actually.

In the case of KH Cloud that I've shown, I've not done the model at 100% no. It's KH Cloud's ps2 model that I've taken parts of, cleaned up then added extra polygons for more details, reshape it to fit Wii U Cloud etc

I'm using the Play Art Figure as reference since it's actually got more details then the real 3D model

It's not done on the screenshot I've shown yet but I'll tweak the textures too at some point to make it blend with the rest of the wii U model.

In the end, it's a very heavily modified model from ps2 KH and probably won't look at all like the original model when I'm done.

Starting from the ps2 model is not about been lazy or unable to do it myself from scratch, actually I would totally be able to do it from scratch. It's about been as optimal as possible and saving time.

Doing thing from scratch is longer and the point of the project is not to showcase my modeling skill but to give Cloud some Alternate costume ASAP.

I don't want to pass a full year on him so I look into the quickest way I can get it done! and I want do to a couple more costume too, not just KH Cloud!

Huarbolo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
huarbolo
3DS FC
1435-5887-5069
1) yeah I'll probably port Pokken Dark Mewtwo at some point as an update to Wii U Mewtwo (and fix his blue eyes at the same time). I'll wait until I get my hand on the 3D model. No point in losing time making a custom model when the game is soon going to be released and someone will probably rip the models at some point.
you should make an X version too, both using your Wii U Mewtwo as a base (remake the Shadow Mewtwo you made with one stabbed by a stone)
image.png

jaystring

Smash Ace
you should make an X version too, both using your Wii U Mewtwo as a base (remake the Shadow Mewtwo you made with one stabbed by a stone) View attachment 102263
yeah I could do it! but I don't have that much motivation to do a hand made custom for him. I'm keeping custom stuff only for project that I am really motivated to do.

I'll port him once I get my hand on the 3D model somewhere

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
yeah I could do it! but I don't have that much motivation to do a hand made custom for him. I'm keeping custom stuff only for project that I am really motivated to do.

I'll port him once I get my hand on the 3D model somewhere
I like this idea. I'd like to humbly request that you make a non-shadow version of Mega Mewtwo as well (should just need to remove the crystal parts and change the colors). There's no other model for it except for the ones from the 3DS games :)

jaystring

Smash Ace
I like this idea. I'd like to humbly request that you make a non-shadow version of Mega Mewtwo as well (should just need to remove the crystal parts and change the colors). There's no other model for it except for the ones from the 3DS games :)
hum ok! yeah I'll look into that

I had the smash WIi U final smash model to look into too

This one I think

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
Yes it is. That's his Win2. It's not normally rigged to the actual scabbard's bones from Smash U. I just changed the singe bind that it was rigged to, to that of Marths sheath bone, the TsukaN bone. Then animated it from scratch. Was a hassle since it wasn't normally set to it. But I got it working.
that's sounds like an annoying thing to do. the animation looks great though.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Thanks... I've had to go through the entire Fitmotion and fix the scabbard throughout all of it. But It's done now. Just got the FS today, and the Smashes yesterday.

I'll update the link I sent you earlier Jaystring, once I finish up this and possibly the Aerials tomorrow.

Last edited:
Top Bottom