• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jaystring's mod thread

jaystring

Smash Ace
The beta Release version of my pack is soon coming..
you mean your BrawlEx pack!? woa that's great! while I really really want to do it, I haven't even got the time to check out making a BrawlEx build yet..

Ike's not ready yet, I have some icons left to do, I have to compile all the files in a zip and prepare the readme. Probably going to be done tomorrow if I have some free time tomorrow night.

but the final Image Gallery is ready now! check it out!

Brawl Costume for Wii U Ike :

Full Gallery Here

Wii U Ike new White Costume

Full Gallery Here

Obskore

Smash Ace
does the Brawl costume Ike have the same UV maps as the vanilla model? i ask because porting textures from already-existing recolors would make things easier this way

jaystring

Smash Ace
does the Brawl costume Ike have the same UV maps as the vanilla model? i ask because porting textures from already-existing recolors would make things easier this way
yes, it's "almost" the same. I say almost because I did some very minor uv change on the model but the tweaks are very minor, any old recolors from Brawl Ike will probably work with texture swap yes

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Those are looking really good Jay. Very nice work. I will be using those for sure. So many to choose from.

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
Those are looking really good Jay. Very nice work. I will be using those for sure. So many to choose from.
It's up!!

Both Ike can be found here! (scroll down for original Wii U Ike)

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?ByUserID=30229

Just like Marth and Roy, I didn't bother splitting the HD texture because some are shared by both model. So both Brawlvault link have the same.

also just like Marth and Roy, the Brawl/PM HD texture have minimal impact visually (they only remove the CMPR compression) compared to the Wii U one that are actually more high res.

let me know if you have any issues

This update now conclude my FE "glorified CSP pass". Next are Dante and Vergil that will get CSPs (no new costume for them)

Then I've got some promise to keep with 2 PSA project and then Cloud and new content!!

jaystring

Smash Ace
Beautiful work as always, jaystring.

Are you allowed to say which PSAs you're gonna contribute to?
Thank You!

One of them is stuff that I've promised to do for KingJigglypuff's Deoxys which he has been waiting for me to do for a good while now

The other one I'll let the actual person responsible for it present it when he will feel like it!

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Thank You!

One of them is stuff that I've promised to do for KingJigglypuff's Deoxys which he has been waiting for me to do for a good while now

The other one I'll let the actual person responsible for it present it when he will feel like it!
Oh, yes! I forgot about Deoxys, even though I was the one to first mention it lol And I can't wait to hear about the other one!

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
They're looking good Jay. Nice job again on him.

I didn't know you were helping with Deoxys. What are you helping him do with it?

jaystring

Smash Ace
They're looking good Jay. Nice job again on him.

I didn't know you were helping with Deoxys. What are you helping him do with it?
Thanks!

I'm redoing the UVs of all 4 model so that they get more texture details on smaller texture (basically saving filesize) + i'll make new texture for it (the same kind of treatment I give to my wii U or custom export. painting some highlight and shadow, detailing the texture, ajusting the saturation, highlight etc)

Maybe you could do the Wii U clothing models and he could share the hair/skin textures with you :)
With the HD texture in there, you guys got the best possible resolution texture for all my mods. So go wild with custom stuff. I don't mind at all, on the contrary, I actually encourage it!

I tweak and paint them to my liking but I'm not bothered at all if you guy want to try out new stuff with them.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
To be clear, I love your style of texturing! I just prefer the Smash 3 look and like when things are tweaked to look a bit more like it :p

jaystring

Smash Ace
Do you plan on doing wii u Link and/or Peach?
Link maybe, not sure about Peach. I don't think Peach has received a lot of upgrade from Smash Wii U. She just seem to have a slightly redesign/simplified dress

E-scope12

Smash Apprentice
I would love to see Max Caulfield and Chloe Price over Zero Suot Samus in Braw/Project M from Life is Strange.

jaystring

Smash Ace
I would love to see Max Caulfield and Chloe Price over Zero Suot Samus in Braw/Project M from Life is Strange.
While it certainly would be possible to port them, I don't think you should expect them from me. I prefer to focus on more iconic characters or characters from series I like first. I've also not played the game so I don't really know who they are (well appart from what they look like)

He never said hes taking requests...
It's true that I don't take request, but I don't mind listening to what people would like to have in the game. If the idea suits me and is asked multiple time, I might do it at some point.

A good exemple is Isabelle. I didn't plan on doing her really but someone asked me and well, nobody did it + she was a super easy/quick port so I said why not.

Actually Mewtwo too really!

I don't take request because if I did, I would be overwhelmed by request and wouldn't be able to actually mod stuff I like or feel like doing and well, what's the point of modding if it's no fun anymore!

But this isn't an idea-sharing thread either.
Bah no worries! It's a thread to talk to me too, I don't mind really. I'm working on Cloud and the last CSP anyway, so it's gonna be quiet for a while

Obskore

Smash Ace
i'd actually like to see your take on Wii U Captain Falcon, for some reason i don't trust the imports already out there in the vault as much

Cynapse

Smash Ace
i'd actually like to see your take on Wii U Captain Falcon, for some reason i don't trust the imports already out there in the vault as much
There's not much else that can be done with the model. The only real difference jay could possibly make is giving the textures his Brawl treatment.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
It's true that I don't take request, but I don't mind listening to what people would like to have in the game. If the idea suits me and is asked multiple time, I might do it at some point.
That isn't an invitation to spam him with the same request/idea over and over either. It's basically a majority vote. Just saying this to clarify... for "those types".

On another note. You said you were doing CSP's for Cloud. Does that mean you already got the pose down for him?

jaystring

Smash Ace
maybe at some point! he's slightly different but not that different at the same time. He received only minor changes.

That isn't an invitation to spam him with the same request/idea over and over either. It's basically a majority vote. Just saying this to clarify... for "those types".

On another note. You said you were doing CSP's for Cloud. Does that mean you already got the pose down for him?
yeah, asking one time is enough. If I like the idea, I'll have remembered it anyway!

noo I was not talking about Cloud's CSP, I was talking about Dante and Vergil. They're the only 2 left to do to have pass over all my old mods to add CSP. All the newer one next will always be getting their CSP at the first upload now.

Hedgie

Smash Apprentice
Ever thought of merging Smash 4's ZSS head to her gross boobsock Brawl Models?

jaystring

Smash Ace
Ever thought of merging Smash 4's ZSS head to her gross boobsock Brawl Models?
You mean like making a Brawl costume for ZSS Wii U like I did for Ike, Marth & Roy? yeah that could totally be done (as another future project). The idea for Brawl costume didn't came to me until I was making the CSP of FE characters. For ZSS, I did the justin Bailey custom costume when I made the CSP pass.

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
I honestly don't see the point. It's just the same thing but... worse.

jaystring

Smash Ace
I honestly don't see the point. It's just the same thing but... worse.
well, they're not exactly the same but I get your point. It wouldn't feel as refreshing as the Fire Emblem one that were totally different.

It would probably just make more "costume that are cool but I can't use them because Cbliss is limiting me to 10"

We totally need an ASL code kind of thing for characters costume slot lol

PyotrLuzhin

Smash Journeyman
well, they're not exactly the same but I get your point. It wouldn't feel as refreshing as the Fire Emblem one that were totally different.

It would probably just make more "costume that are cool but I can't use them because Cbliss is limiting me to 10"

We totally need an ASL code kind of thing for characters costume slot lol
i'll see what I can do about that ;)

D

Deleted member

I think as far as the adult Zelda characters are concerned, Zelda actually seems the most "upgraded" as her face is drastically improved.

Ganondorf and Link I feel their Brawl model's faces are actually a lot better.

Top Bottom