• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jaystring's mod thread

jaystring

Smash Ace
his UpAir lol, it carried over to PM. his expressionless face makes it even funnier. also Sonic's crouching animation, apparently it clips his shoes through the floor and someone made a fix for it yesterday
yeah stuff like that! Ike's F-Smash is also one. His shoulder twist 180 degree in his sword slash making it look super ugly.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Old School Wii U Roy is not only getting all his PM recolor, he's also getting an extra White recolor. This recolor will be the last new one of the update (so now the update include 1 extra white recolor for normal Wii U Roy + 8 OldSchool Project M Wii U Roy (all 7 PM recolors + 1 extra white)

HD textures are ready as well. They give a big boost to Wii U Roy.

before :

with texture :

2 more exemple here

As you know, my old rar for Wii U Roy included 3 version of Wii U Roy

1)The Marth one (full facial expression, best texture quality)
2)The Roy one for Dolphin (no eye expression, medium texture quality)
3)The Roy one for Wii (no eye expression, low texture quality)

The new update will receive some changes to this a litlle bit. It will have 6 version in total.

1) The Marth one will stay the same (full facial expression, best texture quality that have HD textures included)

2) The Roy one for Dolphin receive a downgrade in texture (gets the same as the Wii one) but get full facial expression (eye and mouth). The reason is because before it was using weird texture size format (not 256, 512 or 1024) which wasn't really a good practice and now it will receive HD texture upgrade and if you're on dolphin, you really don't have a good reason to not use the HD textures. Using the HD texture brings both the Marth version or the Roy version to the same quality

3) The Roy one for Wii stay the same as before (no eye expression, low texture quality). I think the new dolphin version with full facial expression could work on wii but I don't recommend it because of extra polygons.

version 4-5 and 6 are basically the size mod version. so

4) is the marth version only with a size mod to make him look the right size
5) is the Roy Dolphin version only with a size mod to make him look the right size
6) is the Roy Wii version only with a size mod to make him look the right size

Hopefully this doesn't get too confusing.

The oldschool PM Wii U Roys will be release as the same time as all the rest with it's CSP and HD texture but as a seperate Brawlvault entry (to give proper credits). It will get 2 version(size mod and no size mod) both with full facial expression as it's small enough in size to be the same for everyone.

It will also get HD texture but the body texture doesn't add up a lot of quality (basically it remove the CMPR compression). The face and hair get's upgraded.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Old School Wii U Roy is not only getting all his PM recolor, he's also getting an extra White recolor. This recolor will be the last new one of the update (so now the update include 1 extra white recolor for normal Wii U Roy + 8 OldSchool Project M Wii U Roy (all 7 PM recolors + 1 extra white)

HD textures are ready as well. They give a big boost to Wii U Roy.

before :

with texture :

2 more exemple here

As you know, my old rar for Wii U Roy included 3 version of Wii U Roy

1)The Marth one (full facial expression, best texture quality)
2)The Roy one for Dolphin (no eye expression, medium texture quality)
3)The Roy one for Wii (no eye expression, low texture quality)

The new update will receive some changes to this a litlle bit. It will have 6 version in total.

1) The Marth one will stay the same (full facial expression, best texture quality that have HD textures included)

2) The Roy one for Dolphin receive a downgrade in texture (gets the same as the Wii one) but get full facial expression (eye and mouth). The reason is because before it was using weird texture size format (not 256, 512 or 1024) which wasn't really a good practice and now it will receive HD texture upgrade and if you're on dolphin, you really don't have a good reason to not use the HD textures. Using the HD texture brings both the Marth version or the Roy version to the same quality

3) The Roy one for Wii stay the same as before (no eye expression, low texture quality). I think the new dolphin version with full facial expression could work on wii but I don't recommend it because of extra polygons.

version 4-5 and 6 are basically the size mod version. so

4) is the marth version only with a size mod to make him look the right size
5) is the Roy Dolphin version only with a size mod to make him look the right size
6) is the Roy Wii version only with a size mod to make him look the right size

Hopefully this doesn't get too confusing.

The oldschool PM Wii U Roys will be release as the same time as all the rest with it's CSP and HD texture but as a seperate Brawlvault entry (to give proper credits). It will get 2 version(size mod and no size mod) both with full facial expression as it's small enough in size to be the same for everyone.

It will also get HD texture but the body texture doesn't add up a lot of quality (basically it remove the CMPR compression). The face and hair get's upgraded.
You know, If someone ever made recolors for Old School Roy, Marth and Ike when they get released I would use that. Anyway, This is amazingly good.

jaystring

Smash Ace
You know, If someone ever made recolors for Old School Roy, Marth and Ike when they get released I would use that. Anyway, This is amazingly good.
Thanks!

I was going to make all of the recolors already. Old School PM Wii U Roy are already done just now shown yet

Marth and Ike will get all PM ones too but I don't know if i'll make new one for them. we'll see. Probably a White one for Ike.

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
Thanks!

I was going to make all of the recolors already. Old School PM Wii U Roy are already done just now shown yet

Marth and Ike will get all PM ones too but I don't know if i'll make new one for them. we'll see. Probably a White one for Ike.
Oh. Well then, Hype.

jaystring

Smash Ace
First look at Old School Wii U Ike!

It's still a WIP, he's not done

And here is a group shot!! Marth and Roy are pretty much done

Obskore

Smash Ace
There's actually a code ASF1nk made that increases the total memory allocation for FighterResouce1 to 5.5 MB. You'll also need to take memory from something as well. In this case, ASF1nk took memory from the Online allocation.

Code:
Network Memory Shrink [ASF1nk] [Online Memory]
* 044218AC 000F0A3D
* 044949C0 000F0A3D

Memory Extention for FighterXResource1 [Dantarion, ASF1nk]
* 04421B44 00580000
* 04421E0C 00580000
* 04422474 00580000
* 04421B64 00580000
* 04421E2C 00580000
* 04421B84 00580000
* 04421EAC 00580000
* 04421BA4 00580000
* 04421ECC 00580000
sorry for not quoting / asking this at its time, but do i have to add this or does PM already come with it?

Grimdeath

Smash Cadet
NNID
Grimdeath
Very Early Look at an "OldSchool" costume for wii U Roy that he's getting with CSP update!

It's not just a head replacement, I actually re-proportioned Project M Roy's body to have the shape of wii U Roy's body

It's not finished of course but here's a quick look

With this, all 3 next update (Roy, Marth and Ike) will be getting oldschool costume update with their CSP and HD texture update!
Nice!!

jaystring

Smash Ace
Ike's Classic costume is done!

It's definitively my favorite out of the 3 classic one coming up with CSP update!

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Hey jaystring: I'm not asking you to do it, but since you seem to mainly do PM stuff, have you thought of porting the FE character's alt costumes to the Wii U models? I didn't even know these clean of costume ports were possible, but you did it lol

jaystring

Smash Ace
Hey jaystring: I'm not asking you to do it, but since you seem to mainly do PM stuff, have you thought of porting the FE character's alt costumes to the Wii U models? I didn't even know these clean of costume ports were possible, but you did it lol
You mean the Sigurd and Hector costume for Ike and Marth!?

I've considered them and they would certainly be possible to do but in the end, I've decided to skip them for this update.

I skipped them for multiple reasons but one of them is that I had a bit less interest in making them since they are not canon costume of each character but more like Marth and Ike cosplaying as someone else.

Other reason is that I need to stop making new costume of released mod and actually start doing the CSP of my "CSP update"

This "CSP update" have been running for like 6 months now and I need to get it done and get back to new content and projects and stuff that I promised some people I would do.

Maybe in a later update i'll get back to them but right now it's gonna be the 3 that I showed (plus all their original recolors plus the extra recolors I made).

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
That's more than fair! I want you to work on projects that interest you, I just wasn't sure if you'd thought of it. If it happens at some point, even better lol

jaystring

Smash Ace
Jaystring, your fire emblem model updates are just... you're perfect
haha thank you!

Small new stuff today, i've finished both White recolors for Both Ike costumes

These are the last new costume I'm doing for the next update for the 3 fire emblem characters.

All HD textures for Ike are ready and all original recolors are ready too (not shown yet but basically all original recolor for all classic costumes of all 3 characters will be included as well)

Only CSPs left to do before release!

jaystring

Smash Ace
Felt like showcasing some new and different stuff today.

Here's Isabelle In-Game :

Got some bugs to fix but most of her export is done. Texture, shader and material are done too

Also, here's Cloud rigged (Both model!)! No texture, shader or material work done and no hand rigging too, it's a pretty early WIP

And here's what happen when I loaded Lucas's animation on Cloud by mistake lol

Panudroid

Smash Journeyman
Felt like showcasing some new and different stuff today.

Here's Isabelle In-Game :

Got some bugs to fix but most of her export is done. Texture, shader and material are done too

Also, here's Cloud rigged (Both model!)! No texture, shader or material work done and no hand rigging too, it's a pretty early WIP

And here's what happen when I loaded Lucas's animation on Cloud by mistake lol

Try loading giga bowser's animations on cloud. Once I loaded giga bowser's animation on peach by mistake, and the results were... interesting.

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Oh dang, totally looking forward to that Cloud model! Good stuff jaystring!

jaystring

Smash Ace
Try loading giga bowser's animations on cloud. Once I loaded giga bowser's animation on peach by mistake, and the results were... interesting.
lol! A lot of weird match up like this could be quite funny!

Oh dang, totally looking forward to that Cloud model! Good stuff jaystring!
Thanks!

Amazing.
(Lucas-Cloud should be a thing)
jk
lol I'll put it in my very very long list of "would be nice to have"

britipinojeff

Smash Journeyman
Oh man that cloud costume is amazing! Would there be anyway to include the KH parts like cape and wings? I was a little sad when they didn't include a costume like that in Sm4sh.

jaystring

Smash Ace
Oh man that cloud costume is amazing! Would there be anyway to include the KH parts like cape and wings? I was a little sad when they didn't include a costume like that in Sm4sh.
yeah maybe!! It's totally possible to do, it just depend on my mood for making new custom costume for him!

jaystring

Smash Ace
wow, that Wii U Roy render almost looks like official Smash 4 art, it's just a little less brighter overall
haha thank! I usually tweak and brighten them up a bit in photoshop after when I do the actual CSP. These are the Raw render up there

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
I never noticed how much they updated Roy until I saw your renders side-to-side.

And you gave him the muscle textures just how I wanted. You still gots da skillz!

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
Hello!

Soo, today, there's not only one, not 2, not 3 but 4 updates from me today!!!

1) Wii U Marth got updated with HD textures and CSP! His white recolors also got tweaked to look better

2) Brawl costume for Wii U Marth is released!!

It's the first one of the 3 fire emblem character to be available. The other 2 still have a bit of work to do to get available.

The download include CSP, HD textures and all of the original PM recolors (6 of them)

Enjoy!

Full Gallery

3) Isabelle from Smash Wii U is released!!

She's a Lucas skin. She has facial expression and also have a One slot size mod to make her the right size

Full Gallery

4) I've released my Mallow mod over Meta Knight.

This one was originally made by Ridge Troopa (link Here) for Ice Climbers. I ported the Mallow Model over Meta Knight.

The download also include CSPs.

Full Gallery

All of them can be found right here in my BrawlVault Page : Here

Enjoy!!

Roy's update was supposed to be done as well but unfortunately I found a bug while I was making the new screenshots so I'll need more time to get it right!

jaystring

Smash Ace
Roy's Update is now released!!

Just like Marth, it's released in 2 part

1) The original Wii U Roy Brawlvault Entry has been updated

It include the HD texture, One Slot Size mod to fix the scale, the CSP + the extra white and gold recolor

The HD texture on Roy look absolutely fantastic, it's definitively the one that got the very best upgrade visually

Just look for yourself, this is a close up screenshot with them On :

Full New Gallery

2) The Project M Costume for Wii U Roy is also release as a seperate entry on Brawl Vault

Just like Wii U Roy, it include One Slot Size Mod, CSP, HD textures, all original recolors and another extra white and Gold Recolor I Made

Full Gallery Here

You can get both in my Brawl Vault Here

Make sure to check the readme file as they include a lot of stuff

Enjoy!

I haven't even started Ike's update CSP yet so expect him to come a bit later!

Last edited:

Heavy D88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HeavyD1488
3DS FC
1719-3686-1030
Her second one is a dark blue one with exposed arm and leg.

Brawlbox preview

Render WIP preview
This reminds me of Cherche from FE Awakening. Same colors and everything.

Forgive me if this has already been said. Just started looking through this since you sent it to me. This is Nao by the way. Can't change my name yet. ;-;

jaystring

Smash Ace
This reminds me of Cherche from FE Awakening. Same colors and everything.

Forgive me if this has already been said. Just started looking through this since you sent it to me. This is Nao by the way. Can't change my name yet. ;-;
yeah I recognized you!

The funny thing about my Lucina recolor is that I didn't even based it on anything really, I just tested all sort of colors and kept the one that was released because I liked it. It was totally random that it ended up looking like a palette color from another FE character.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Roy's Update is now released!!

Just like Marth, it's released in 2 part

1) The original Wii U Roy Brawlvault Entry has been updated

It include the HD texture, One Slot Size mod to fix the scale, the CSP + the extra white and gold recolor

The HD texture on Roy look absolutely fantastic, it's definitively the one that got the very best upgrade visually

Just look for yourself, this is a close up screenshot with them On :

Full New Gallery

2) The Project M Costume for Wii U Roy is also release as a seperate entry on Brawl Vault

Just like Wii U Roy, it include One Slot Size Mod, CSP, HD textures, all original recolors and another extra white and Gold Recolor I Made

Full Gallery Here

You can get both in my Brawl Vault Here

Make sure to check the readme file as they include a lot of stuff

Enjoy!

I haven't even started Ike's update CSP yet so expect him to come a bit later!
Heeeeey! Looks like somebody knows that the secret best fan made Kirby stage is!

jaystring

Smash Ace
Heeeeey! Looks like somebody knows that the secret best fan made Kirby stage is!
Yeah it's really cool! If I have it in my build, it's good!

Most of the time I always use the same stages for screenshots.

You've seen a lot PM Skyloft before because it was my favorite lighting at the time but my new favorite one right now is Edwguard Flows's Omega Palutena Temple. I don't know how he did the lighting in this map but it's incredibly good, miles ahead any other stage I've seen in Brawl/PM.

But when I do huge gallery with tons of costumes and screenshot, to add a bit of diversity, I usually choose some random stages for some costume

That's how I choose that Kirby one. lighting was actually pretty good!

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
I haven't said this so, I love the Wii U FE costumes so much that my BeX build has Wii U Marth, Ike, Roy, and Lucina with their own slot. This goes to show ho much I love your work.

Top Bottom