• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jay's Digital World Mini Mafia - Game Over - Town Faction Wins!

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Eh, idc at this point we should be able to win the game easily as long as we're on the same page. Though I guess I'l reread as well.

:059:

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I honestly don't know how I feel about Gheb and Kursed. Gheb has been giving me bad vibes in general throughout this game, and it seemed like Fire was trying to avoid saying anything that could be used against them. Gheb has been really secretive and stubborn, always deflecting any attention directed at him. Kursed on the other hand, has been a real wildcard. My reads on him have fluctuated a lot, which makes me think he might just be putting on an inconsistent town act. I don't trust either of them. I'm willing to lynch one of them (not right now though. gotta wait for this day to play out. can't afford to lynch a townie), but I would prefer to lynch Rosalina, because I know with absolute certainty that they are mafia.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
You saw my read of him, as well as the mistakes Jay had already made. Wouldn't it make sense for Jay to have made another mistake? We were all feeling pretty confident that Zalak was town. Wouldn't you be rather shocked if he counterclaimed your role? Additionally, I can't understand why he would CC VT. It would have been better for him to CC a PR, on the off chance they may be lynched.

Right, even if you're certain I'm mafia, I ask you to lynch Kursed first. I know for a fact that he's mafia, given that I know Gheb and Zalak aren't a team.

@ Maven89 Maven89 Very, very carefully consider the situation between Gheb and Kursed.
If Jay made another mistake, they would have said so in their post about how they haven't been doing a good job moderating. I'm trying to figure out why you want to lynch Kursed, and I realized a Kursed lynch can be used to your advantage no matter what his role is.

Scenario 1: Kursed is town: You lynch Kursed and win the game.

Scenario 2: Kursed is mafia: You lynch Kursed. We find out he's mafia. You become more trustworthy. You do not get jailed. You Kill Maven or Gheb. Whoever survives has to choose between you and me, giving you a good chance at victory.

I am NOT saying we shouldn't lynch Kursed if he ends up looking incredibly guilty, but Rosalina IS mafia. No matter what happens, they will still be mafia. I know I can't prove that to you yet, which is why I'm okay with lynching Kursed or Gheb depending on how the rest of the day plays out.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Oh, now I get it.
K, Zalak's definitely mafia.
Right now, I think Kursed and Zalak are mafia. My read of Kursed was based off the idea his mafia partner would tell him to unvote, but if the two newbies are mafia together, then Kursed refusal to unvote makes a bit more sense. Additionally, I think it may have been trying to bus Kursed.
To counter that point, I just want to say I DID tell Kursed to unvote. What are you suggesting? I told him to unvote here and told him to keep his vote up in the mafia chat? I mean.. I guess that could cause some confusion if I were mafia? If I was mafia and my partner voted against you in this situation, I'd still tell them to unvote. Voting in a 3 v 2 situation without SOLID evidence is never a good idea. For the town, it puts you at risk of letting an innocent get ALPHA LYNCHED, and as the mafia, it puts you and whoever you vote for in the spotlight. You know who DIDN'T tell Kursed to unvote? You. I'm new to forum mafia, but that doesn't make me a bad player, Rosalina.

Rosalina is pushing to lynch Kursed pretty hard, and I don't know if that means he's mafia or townie. I'm leaning towards mafia at this point, but I don't see too much reason to trust Gheb either, still I don't think he's quite as suspicious as Kursed right now, as Kursed has been very inactive. If it weren't for the fact that Rosalina is pushing to lynch Kursed, I would probably just say he's mafia, but it's risky for mafia members to lynch other mafia members this late into the game.

hm :164:

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
No it was more that you might have been able to POE that situation out of what was going on. I didn't believe Kursed would have been able to, which is why I wanted him to go first, and was hoping he didn't pick up what you were saying.

I'm going to re-read since everything I read about the game seems to be wrong, so I'll make sure that they are and I didn't get tricked by some ridiculous play based on my weak play, which I consider unlikely but still. Zalak's reads have basically matched mine the entire game, and I'm very shocked that Rosa might be town.
I don't think a role cop matters. It only gives out whether or not you're a PR, and nt your actual role. Everyone already knew you guys would both claim PRs, but it was whether or not Gheb was able to work out your PR which should prove his innocence.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I don't think a role cop matters. It only gives out whether or not you're a PR, and nt your actual role. Everyone already knew you guys would both claim PRs, but it was whether or not Gheb was able to work out your PR which should prove his innocence.
Good point. At this point, the mafia members should both know who has PRs even without a mafia cop.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
If Jay made another mistake, they would have said so in their post about how they haven't been doing a good job moderating. I'm trying to figure out why you want to lynch Kursed, and I realized a Kursed lynch can be used to your advantage no matter what his role is.

Scenario 1: Kursed is town: You lynch Kursed and win the game.

Scenario 2: Kursed is mafia: You lynch Kursed. We find out he's mafia. You become more trustworthy. You do not get jailed. You Kill Maven or Gheb. Whoever survives has to choose between you and me, giving you a good chance at victory.

I am NOT saying we shouldn't lynch Kursed if he ends up looking incredibly guilty, but Rosalina IS mafia. No matter what happens, they will still be mafia. I know I can't prove that to you yet, which is why I'm okay with lynching Kursed or Gheb depending on how the rest of the day plays out.
That's not how everything would work out actually.
If Kursed is town, we lose immediately. But we can be certain by PoE that he is.

If Kursed is mafia, then we can simply track one of us, either me or you, announcing beforehand who we'll track. If someone dies, and that person who was tracked didn't go out, then we lynch the other person. If the person who did go out to the victim's house, then we lynch him. Then we can jail the remaining suspect, if it turns out our first lynch turned out to be a mislynch, and lynch him the next day. GG

To counter that point, I just want to say I DID tell Kursed to unvote. What are you suggesting? I told him to unvote here and told him to keep his vote up in the mafia chat? I mean.. I guess that could cause some confusion if I were mafia? If I was mafia and my partner voted against you in this situation, I'd still tell them to unvote. Voting in a 3 v 2 situation without SOLID evidence is never a good idea. For the town, it puts you at risk of letting an innocent get ALPHA LYNCHED, and as the mafia, it puts you and whoever you vote for in the spotlight. You know who DIDN'T tell Kursed to unvote? You. I'm new to forum mafia, but that doesn't make me a bad player, Rosalina.

Rosalina is pushing to lynch Kursed pretty hard, and I don't know if that means he's mafia or townie. I'm leaning towards mafia at this point, but I don't see too much reason to trust Gheb either, still I don't think he's quite as suspicious as Kursed right now, as Kursed has been very inactive. If it weren't for the fact that Rosalina is pushing to lynch Kursed, I would probably just say he's mafia, but it's risky for mafia members to lynch other mafia members this late into the game.

hm :164:
Actually, I did tell Kursed to unvote. As for why he didn't immediately unvote,I get the feeling either Kursed didn't respect you enough to follow your instructions, since you're both first time players, or he couldn't work out a way to do so without being suspicious, or that he was hoping to be able to push it through early, given how Maven still seemed convinced I was mafia after the hidden read incident. And I never said you're a bad player. Indeed, given how everyone seemed convinced you were town, you're quite a good player in fact.

However, from your perspective, I should be guaranteed mafia, especially after the mod confirmed everything. There's no need to debate whether my actions make me seem mafia or town. It doesn't matter, unless a PR confirmed my innocence, and maybe not even then. I must be mafia from your perspective. Debating it doesn't really do anything.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
That's not how everything would work out actually.
If Kursed is town, we lose immediately. But we can be certain by PoE that he is.

If Kursed is mafia, then we can simply track one of us, either me or you, announcing beforehand who we'll track. If someone dies, and that person who was tracked didn't go out, then we lynch the other person. If the person who did go out to the victim's house, then we lynch him. Then we can jail the remaining suspect, if it turns out our first lynch turned out to be a mislynch, and lynch him the next day. GG

Actually, I did tell Kursed to unvote. As for why he didn't immediately unvote,I get the feeling either Kursed didn't respect you enough to follow your instructions, since you're both first time players, or he couldn't work out a way to do so without being suspicious, or that he was hoping to be able to push it through early, given how Maven still seemed convinced I was mafia after the hidden read incident. And I never said you're a bad player. Indeed, given how everyone seemed convinced you were town, you're quite a good player in fact.

However, from your perspective, I should be guaranteed mafia, especially after the mod confirmed everything. There's no need to debate whether my actions make me seem mafia or town. It doesn't matter, unless a PR confirmed my innocence, and maybe not even then. I must be mafia from your perspective. Debating it doesn't really do anything.
I know with absolute certainty that you are mafia. What I'm doing is trying to convince the others of your guilt.

Oh, huh. I guess I forgot about the jailer's powers of protection. I figured you could get away with killing the tracker, leaving the other non-vanilla townie uncertain as to which one of us is mafia, but I guess not.

Maven89

Smash Master
Unless he mentioned he had a unique variant in this game, the role cop actually tells you exactly what role the player has

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
I know with absolute certainty that you are mafia. What I'm doing is trying to convince the others of your guilt.

Oh, huh. I guess I forgot about the jailer's powers of protection. I figured you could get away with killing the tracker, leaving the other non-vanilla townie uncertain as to which one of us is mafia, but I guess not.
Oh yeah, instead of tracker tracking, the jailer prevents one person from killing, announcing who he selected, then we lynch one person the next day, jail the other person the next day if we mislynched, and then lynch the remaining suspect. GG

Unless he mentioned he had a unique variant in this game, the role cop actually tells you exactly what role the player has
Mafia Vanilla Cop [sent out 1x]:

Welcome to the game, XXX. You are the Mafia Vanilla Cop.
Each Night you may send a virus into the computer of a player of your choosing by telling me that player's name in our conversation topic. By the end of the Night phase you will learn whether that player is a Vanilla Player or Not Vanilla Player ( but neither their actual role or alignment. )
This is a mod quote. He only learns allignment.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
A couple things still bother me. I don't understand why Gheb feels so certain I'm mafia. He and Rosalina seem to be on the exact same page, wanting to lynch Kursed, then me... but why? If Gheb IS town, then it makes sense for him to be certain Kursed is mafia, but why should he be certain of me?

Kursed and Zalak are scum, guys. Neither Maven nor me hammered Rosie and we're the two town PRs so it should be obvious that we're not scum. It's between Kursed, Zalak and Rosie now except that neither Kursed nor Zalak qualify as 'likely scummates' with Rosie considering they've both voted her in lylo.

So yeah, lynch Zalak toDay and Kursed toMorrow?

:059:
This whole hammering thing would only apply if Rosalina and Kursed were both innocent.
Rosalina is mafia, and you cannot vote for yourself. The only ones who can be certain of Rosalina's guilt are me and Rosa's partner. Rosa's partner should have no motivation to vote for them, unless they're just trying to confuse us, which Kursed might be doing.

If Gheb is mafia though, of course he would want to lynch Kursed and I, the ones who are voting against Rosalina. I see no reason for a townie Gheb to be so dead set on lynching me over Rosalina.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
As I understand it, Gheb was able to determine your PR, but if you really think about it, the odds of lucking out aren't that far from 50/50. I'm not going to say any more because I don't want to accidentally reveal something, but you can hopefully figure out what I'm talking about. This certainly does make me much closer to reading Gheb as town, but his recent actions and attitude really bother me, and I don't think we should rule him out quite yet.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Wait a sec, are we not supposed to quote other players either? Are we all going to be banned?

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
As I understand it, Gheb was able to determine your PR, but if you really think about it, the odds of lucking out aren't that far from 50/50. I'm not going to say any more because I don't want to accidentally reveal something, but you can hopefully figure out what I'm talking about. This certainly does make me much closer to reading Gheb as town, but his recent actions and attitude really bother me, and I don't think we should rule him out quite yet.
It is 50/50 only if Gheb revealed after Maven asked for claims. Doing so before would have been a big risk on mafia Gheb's behalf.

A couple things still bother me. I don't understand why Gheb feels so certain I'm mafia. He and Rosalina seem to be on the exact same page, wanting to lynch Kursed, then me... but why? If Gheb IS town, then it makes sense for him to be certain Kursed is mafia, but why should he be certain of me?

This whole hammering thing would only apply if Rosalina and Kursed were both innocent.
Rosalina is mafia, and you cannot vote for yourself. The only ones who can be certain of Rosalina's guilt are me and Rosa's partner. Rosa's partner should have no motivation to vote for them, unless they're just trying to confuse us, which Kursed might be doing.

If Gheb is mafia though, of course he would want to lynch Kursed and I, the ones who are voting against Rosalina. I see no reason for a townie Gheb to be so dead set on lynching me over Rosalina.
I'll admit I also don't understand how he worked out I'm town. But it's kind if irrelevant, since we know Gheb is confirmed town. I was hoping he could explain in the post-game. Right now, I just want to finish this.

Maven89

Smash Master
Yes we're all going to get banned, but it's the price we pay

@RosaliaSGS thank you, that actually put a lot of unease at rest.

Vote: Kursed

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
It is 50/50 only if Gheb revealed after Maven asked for claims. Doing so before would have been a big risk on mafia Gheb's behalf.

I'll admit I also don't understand how he worked out I'm town. But it's kind if irrelevant, since we know Gheb is confirmed town. I was hoping he could explain in the post-game. Right now, I just want to finish this.
No, Gheb isn't a confirmed anything yet. It's posts like these which make me believe you and Gheb are mafia partners.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Wait, I think I might understand. In lylo, mafia are as close as they're ever going to get to winning, other than actually winning. By voting me, the voter raises the chance I will be lynched significantly, by putting the spotlight on me, and by actually voting. Bussing a fellow mafia this close to winning, especially first thing D2, wouldn't make sense.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Maven, is it possible to unvote at this stage so long as Jay has not revealed the flip yet? Because I very much think you should.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
We need the jailer to announce who he'll jail ASAP. If he doesn't come on soon, either he should jail Zalak or jailhimself. We only need the jailer to win. @ Maven89 Maven89 Jail Zalak? Agreed? Since the jailer might not be online.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I have a very strong feeling Rosalina and Gheb are mafia. At this point, no other combination makes sense to me. There is no way Rosalina and Kursed would put each other this much at risk if they were partners. If Gheb was a townie, they would not be this in sync. Gheb got lucky, that's all I can believe happened. Maven, I urge you to vote for Rosalina

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Okay, MAYBE Kursed is their partner if they're unvoting. I'm still not sure I buy it, but why else would Rosalina unvote? Unless rosa believed Maven would unvote anyway?

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
@Townie who is not Maven: I also urge you to vote for Rosalina.

Also, I'm not sure I understand the point of publicly announcing PR actions?

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Shockwave is glitching up and I can't use Smashboards without it crashing every half minute so I'll make this quick. I've gotta go for now, but I urge the rest of the townies to heed my warning and lynch Rosalina.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
@Townie who is not Maven: I also urge you to vote for Rosalina.

Also, I'm not sure I understand the point of publicly announcing PR actions?
Our entire plan for the rest of the game depends on preventing the mafia from killing, and if they do, knowing who they are. This depends on the jailer telling us, beforehand, who they're jailing, so we know, if someone is killed, who killed him since otherwise, it could be either of us.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
HOWEVER, I think it's very unlikely a lone mafia member would be able survive against a tracker, a jailer, and a vanilla townie, even if the town didn't make preparations ahead of time.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
I don't want to risk it. By planning before hand, we're guaranteed the win.

@ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ ,@ Maven89 Maven89 , can we stop pretending we don't know which of you two is which PR? It doesn't do anything now and just makes it annoying to discuss night actions.
Anyway, @Jailer, jail Zalak, ok? @Tracker, track me, if you want. Agreed?

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Tracker action shouldn't really matter, so tracker should probably just do whatever they want.

Top Bottom