• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jay's Digital World Mini Mafia - Game Over - Town Faction Wins!

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Rosalina is deceiving you, Maven. If we lynch Kursed now, the game could very well end for us. I can't say with absolute certainty whether or not Kursed is bad, Rosalina, however, needs to die.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
We should not be making preparations for what we're going to do after lynching Kursed. We should be preparing to lynch Rosalina.

:098:

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
We should not be making preparations for what we're going to do after lynching Kursed. We should be preparing to lynch Rosalina.

:098:
Why shouldn't we prepare our night actions? Is there something wrong with my plan?

Maven89

Smash Master
If we get another night, there's one mafia left who will definitely kill the tracker, since if I'd be allowed to post my results the game would be over. So my vote is that Gheb protects whoever and I just die. There's no chance for them to not kill me, if I'm jailed then they'll just kill Gheb, so I vote Gheb protects someone else and lets me die. Then if they decide to kill Gheb I'd live and could post my results. Really just don't protect me is my vote, let the mafia use their NK to off me and then figure it out the next day.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Slip of the... finger because I am using my fingers to type on a keyboard. I still feel Gheb is mafia.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Good, it's out.
Right now, to win, we just need jailer to survive. To that end, jailer can protect himself, or he can jail me or Zalak. I'd prefer he jail Zalak. That way, we can limit the number of people who die. But both ways win. For aesthetic purposes, I'd rather Gheb jail Zalak after we lynch Kursed.
@ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ Agreed?

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
At this point, no one except for Kursed and Gheb can say with absolute certainty whether or not Gheb is the jailer. I absolutely do not feel comfortable lynching Kursed, and at this point, I do not think I ever will. I'm actually more comfortable lynching Gheb, but I can't accept either of those lynches. Rosalina needs to die today.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
At this point, no one except for Kursed and Gheb can say with absolute certainty whether or not Gheb is the jailer. I absolutely do not feel comfortable lynching Kursed, and at this point, I do not think I ever will. I'm actually more comfortable lynching Gheb, but I can't accept either of those lynches. Rosalina needs to die today.
You can rarely be perfectly certain of things in mafia. However, the chances Gheb is mafia are negligible for my perspective, and tiny from everyone else's. I can assume you and Gheb aren't mafia together, since I wasn't alpha strikes, so Gheb is town. From everyone else's perspective, he pretty much claimed his PR First thing D2. I didn't actually realise until much later, and most people didn't, but given that it agrees with Maven's PR, and that he gave it out before Maven announced his idea, Gheb should be town from everyone else's perspective as well.

And why would you want to lynch Gheb? You said earlier that we (I.e. Town) could win by lynching Kursed. If so, then Kursed is mafia from your perspective and Gheb is then town.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
You're putting words into my mouth, Rosalina. Allow me to clarify. I do NOT want to lynch Gheb, but I would much rather lynch Gheb than Kursed. I never said the town WOULD win by lynching Kursed. I might have said the town could win by lynching Kursed IF he's mafia, but that's hardly the same thing.

I will say this again, if Gheb is mafia, it's would have had a 50% chance of claiming Maven's role, and a 50% chance of claiming the role belonging to the less trusted Kursed. I know what you must be thinking, "BUT ZALAK, those odds aren't correct! How could Gheb have possibly known you were the vanilla townie?". This is possible with the power of the mafia vanilla cop.

ROSALINA! JUST AS YOU CLAIMED MY ROLE OF VANILLA TOWNIE BEFORE I WAS ABLE TO CLAIM IT FOR MYSELF, GHEB COULD HAVE EASILY CLAIMED KURSED'S ROLE BEFORE HE WAS ABLE TO DO SO HIMSELF! AGAIN, YOU TWO ARE SYNCED IN A WAY THAT I WOULD NOT EXPECT OF TWO TOWNIES! Isn't it odd how long Kursed has been absent? If I were in his shoes, town or mafia, I would defend myself if I had the time and means.
@Kursed
@ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ please do the same but only after Kursed does, honestly I'll consider it a scum tell if you try to jump in
And yet, he jumped right in. I can think of no explanation for his behavior other than GHEB BEING MAFIA! If Gheb were really the jailer, he could just wait for Kursed to take the test and expect proof of his guilt, BUT NO. HE JUMPED RIGHT IN, BECAUSE HE KNEW KURSED WOULD SUCCEED, MAKING GHEB'S GUILT MUCH HARDER TO DENY!

This is my current state of mind, and what I think to be the truth right now. I still know Rosalina is mafia with absolute certainty, which is why I would like to lynch them over Kursed and Gheb.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
You're putting words into my mouth, Rosalina. Allow me to clarify. I do NOT want to lynch Gheb, but I would much rather lynch Gheb than Kursed. I never said the town WOULD win by lynching Kursed. I might have said the town could win by lynching Kursed IF he's mafia, but that's hardly the same thing.

I will say this again, if Gheb is mafia, it's would have had a 50% chance of claiming Maven's role, and a 50% chance of claiming the role belonging to the less trusted Kursed. I know what you must be thinking, "BUT ZALAK, those odds aren't correct! How could Gheb have possibly known you were the vanilla townie?". This is possible with the power of the mafia vanilla cop.

ROSALINA! JUST AS YOU CLAIMED MY ROLE OF VANILLA TOWNIE BEFORE I WAS ABLE TO CLAIM IT FOR MYSELF, GHEB COULD HAVE EASILY CLAIMED KURSED'S ROLE BEFORE HE WAS ABLE TO DO SO HIMSELF! AGAIN, YOU TWO ARE SYNCED IN A WAY THAT I WOULD NOT EXPECT OF TWO TOWNIES! Isn't it odd how long Kursed has been absent? If I were in his shoes, town or mafia, I would defend myself if I had the time and means.

And yet, he jumped right in. I can think of no explanation for his behavior other than GHEB BEING MAFIA! If Gheb were really the jailer, he could just wait for Kursed to take the test and expect proof of his guilt, BUT NO. HE JUMPED RIGHT IN, BECAUSE HE KNEW KURSED WOULD SUCCEED, MAKING GHEB'S GUILT MUCH HARDER TO DENY!

This is my current state of mind, and what I think to be the truth right now. I still know Rosalina is mafia with absolute certainty, which is why I would like to lynch them over Kursed and Gheb.
Again, please stop shouting. And it appears I did misunderstand your statements.
However, your analysis of Gheb's actions is incorrect. Gheb had in fact claimed his role pretty much first thing in D2. This was before any mention of Maven's plan. If he were mafia, hoping his early announcement would win him townie points, then he would have had to predict someone claiming their role early (which was me) and that someone would eventually turn out to be very trustworthy, and then, he would still have only a 50% chance of his plan succeeding, based off what Maven's role was. Gheb's allegiance right now shouldn't really be based off the fact he claimed the correct PR, but the fact he claimed the correct PR before there was any mention of PRs. If he were mafia, this would be the Smash equivalent of a really, really long and hard read which would end up with his fall if he missed by a button input by some frames. It's feasible, so he's not guaranteed town, but it's so unlikely the only person who would be more town is him is pretty much a mod-confirmed slot.

And whilst Gheb did kind of jump in, he only did so to point out what was already there. I wouldn't say that's mafia indicative.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Again, please stop shouting.
NEVER

If he were mafia, hoping his early announcement would win him townie points, then he would have had to predict someone claiming their role early (which was me)
But I know you're mafia. You could have easily planned that with him.

[quote="RosalinaSGS, post: 18806084, member: 273100"and that someone would eventually turn out to be very trustworthy,[/quote]

Maven was already incredibly trustworthy, at least in my eyes.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
NEVER

But I know you're mafia. You could have easily planned that with him.

[quote="RosalinaSGS, post: 18806084, member: 273100"and that someone would eventually turn out to be very trustworthy,
Maven was already incredibly trustworthy, at least in my eyes.[/quote]

That's true, I could have. But he would have to have predicted someone would have been incredibly trustworthy i.e. pretty much everyone thought he was town, and even later suspicious actions on his part wouldn't be able to influence our read of him. Basically, the only way I imagine that could happen is a PR, which would entirely be chance if Gheb were mafia, a flip, which would then mean he would have already won, which is pointless, or some very, very town action. I refer to the last one of course. The situation in which Maven became incredibly trustworthy arose due to Kursed voting me preemptively, and him refusing to hammer, which would be incredibly, incredibly difficult to predict.

Additionally, you haven't addressed my overall argument, which is that Gheb is town due to the incredible odds he would have to overcome if he were indeed mafia, and had planned this play all along.

I may have made a mistake with my analysis so I'll imagine what mafia Gheb's thoughts must have been if he had planned this play.

N1:
He would have to realise everyone now had a role to lean back on. Not just that, but he would also have to predict that a PR would realise that they could work out the other PR. Additionally, he would have to predict that one of the PRs would then be in the position to use this plan, which would require them to be trusted by the majority, if not all of the slots. Even then, he would only have a 50% chance of guessing the other PRs slot beforehand. However, if he had guessed incorrectly, then he would either have to come into conflict with the trusted PR, or he would have to claim VT. But part of his plan would also include his partner claiming VT, and would completely lose him the game.
So basically, the chances his play would succeed are minimal. If it didn't work, he would lose most likely. If it succeeded, he would most likely win, considering it's lylo. So he's essentially betting his chances of winning on the very, very slight chance someone would do something silly like vote preemptively, thus clearing a slot.
Can you see why Gheb being mafia doesn't really make sense?

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Okay first of all, why does Gheb have to have prepared for THIS EXACT PLAY? Claiming a PR's role before they can be helpful in scenarios other than this one.

Not just that, but he would also have to predict that a PR would realise that they could work out the other PR.
I feel like almost any PR would realize this.

. But he would have to have predicted someone would have been incredibly trustworthy i.e. pretty much everyone thought he was town
Only if he were preparing for this EXACT PLAY. Your argument is FLAWED. Also, I don't know about the others, but by the end of Day 1, I was very confident in maven's innocence. Besides, it's only natural for someone to eventually become the most trustworthy, though I guess they might not necessarily have a PR.

However, if he had guessed incorrectly, then he would either have to come into conflict with the trusted PR or he would have to claim VT. But part of his plan would also include his partner claiming VT, and would completely lose him the game
I'm not sure what you mean here. The mafia members are able to communicate at any time and change their plans when needed.
. So he's essentially betting his chances of winning on the very, very slight chance someone would do something silly like vote preemptively, thus clearing a slot.
How is someone voting preemptively necessary for him to gain benefit from preemptively claiming a PR? How is this necessary for him at all?

Can you see why Gheb being mafia doesn't really make sense?
No. I can see why Maven is having difficulty believing it, but it makes perfect sense to me. Now that I've seen you defend him so desperately, I'm almost certain he's your partner.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Claiming a PR's role before the actual PR does can be helpful in scenarios other than this one*

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Okay first of all, why does Gheb have to have prepared for THIS EXACT PLAY? Claiming a PR's role before they can be helpful in scenarios other than this one.

I feel like almost any PR would realize this.

Only if he were preparing for this EXACT PLAY. Your argument is FLAWED. Also, I don't know about the others, but by the end of Day 1, I was very confident in maven's innocence. Besides, it's only natural for someone to eventually become the most trustworthy, though I guess they might not necessarily have a PR.

I'm not sure what you mean here. The mafia members are able to communicate at any time and change their plans when needed.

How is someone voting preemptively necessary for him to gain benefit from preemptively claiming a PR? How is this necessary for him at all?

No. I can see why Maven is having difficulty believing it, but it makes perfect sense to me. Now that I've seen you defend him so desperately, I'm almost certain he's your partner.
Hmm... That's true to some degree. However, although claiming does have its uses, saying you're not a certain role is severely limiting for mafia. It prevents them from using excuses which might otherwise be viable. A mafia wouldn't do something like this unless he saw there would be a benefit for him. Admittedly, it didn't have to be this particular plan, but Gheb as mafia, would probably have foreseen a benefit from his actions or otherwise wouldn't have announced that he wasn't tracker. From a 3rd person perspective, Gheb's actions, prior to any request for a mass claim, seem to very clearly be from a town mindset. The chances he is mafia were higher than I imagined from a 3rd person perspective, but one should still believe him to be town.
As for why I'm defending him so desperately, it's because I know he's town. Zalak's mafia, and Gheb and Zalak can't be a mafia team, since then I would already have been alpha striked. So Gheb must be town.
@ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ Do you agree with jailing Zalak Tonight, after Kursed is lynched?

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Rosie, could you please stop tagging me? I'm checking the thread on a daily basis and don't need to be reminded to post.

And I've made it ample clear that I think Zalak and Kursed are scum so of course I'm going to roleblock Zalak if we lynch Kursed toDay.

:059:

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Rosie, could you please stop tagging me? I'm checking the thread on a daily basis and don't need to be reminded to post.

And I've made it ample clear that I think Zalak and Kursed are scum so of course I'm going to roleblock Zalak if we lynch Kursed toDay.

:059:
Oh yeah, sorry. Didn't realise how frequently I was doing it.
K, since we've got that decided, we might as well end the Day.

Vote: Kursed

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
@ Maven89 Maven89 ( 0 )
@ Zalak Zalak ( 0 )
@ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~ ( 0 )
@Kursed ( 3 ) Maven89, RosalinaSGS, Gheb_01
@ RosalinaSGS RosalinaSGS ( 1 ) Zalak

Not voting: Kursed

The remaining investigators chosen by the government had chosen to send the crippling virus to Kursed's computer. In a few minutes, they received word from the virus...

TERMINATION PROGRAM EXECUTED.
[DATA RETRIEVED] KURSED, MAFIA GOON

Kursed, Mafia Goon, has been lynched!

Night 2 begins. The remaining agents waited through the night with baited breath, for they knew their victory hinged on this one night...
Send in your night actions within 48 hours.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
@ Maven89 Maven89
@ Zalak Zalak
@ ~ Gheb ~ ~ Gheb ~
@ RosalinaSGS RosalinaSGS

The next day, it was discovered that all remaining agents were still present. But who was the remaining hacker?

Day 3 Begins! Deadline is 3/30, 5:00 PM CST.

With 4 players alive, it takes a voting majority of 3 players to lynch.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Rosalina, I would like to offer you my most sincere apologies for all of the trouble, for I have a plot twist to announce, for you see, I am not the vanilla townie, but the Jailer. At first, I just wanted to see how you would react under the pressure, but then I noticed Maven wanted to test Kursed and Gheb, and I realized if neither of them claimed vanilla townie, I'd basically have proof that they're both mafia, and Rosalina is innocent. I stayed on my track and defended Kursed in order to see if he would claim vanilla townie, but alas, he did not respond in time. Fortunately, he was indeed mafia. When Gheb saw that Rosalina and I both claimed VT, he must have figured one of us was trying to disguise our role in order to protect ourselves from a mafia attack. He probably reasoned that Rosalina was the one who came up with this plan, as someone who has never played forum mafia would most likely be unable to come up with such a brilliant idea. His plan was to attack me, revealing my role to be vanilla townie, "proving" Rosalina to be the mafia, as we both claimed VT. Maven and Gheb would then lynch Rosalina, and the town would be a lone tracker against a mafia cop, BUT NO! I JAILED MYSELF, AND YOU TRIED TO ATTACK ME.

Vote: Gheb_01

Last edited:

Maven89

Smash Master
Dude you spent all of yesterday claiming you knew for a fact that Rosalina was scum and weren't sure of Gheb

though I'll say that you definitely fooled me in the early part of the game, if it wasn't for Gheb I would have taken you all the way to the end. Which I guess did happen, actually, except now you get lynched.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
You're making a very big mistake, Maven. You should expect these kinds of unorthodox strategies from me, someone who has never played forum mafia before.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I kept the act up so I could get as much information from Kursed and Gheb as possible.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I guess I forgot I would have to prove myself as town in order to get Gheb lynched. This wasn't thought out very well, but you have to believe me.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Rosalina, even after I claimed VT you chose to believe Jay must have made a mistake. You must know I'm telling the truth.

RosalinaSGS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2062-9707-3637
Rosalina, I would like to offer you my most sincere apologies for all of the trouble, for I have a plot twist to announce, for you see, I am not the vanilla townie, but the Jailer. At first, I just wanted to see how you would react under the pressure, but then I noticed Maven wanted to test Kursed and Gheb, and I realized if neither of them claimed vanilla townie, I'd basically have proof that they're both mafia, and Rosalina is innocent. I stayed on my track and defended Kursed in order to see if he would claim vanilla townie, but alas, he did not respond in time. Fortunately, he was indeed mafia. When Gheb saw that Rosalina and I both claimed VT, he must have figured one of us was trying to disguise our role in order to protect ourselves from a mafia attack. He probably reasoned that Rosalina was the one who came up with this plan, as someone who has never played forum mafia would most likely be unable to come up with such a brilliant idea. His plan was to attack me, revealing my role to be vanilla townie, "proving" Rosalina to be the mafia, as we both claimed VT. Maven and Gheb would then lynch Rosalina, and the town would be a lone tracker against a mafia cop, BUT NO! I JAILED MYSELF, AND YOU TRIED TO ATTACK ME.

Vote: Gheb_01
Why would mafia nk you? That would just clear the most suspicious slot, a useless act for the mafia. Tbh, if you were jailer, you would have done a better job not using your PR rather than using it on a suspicious slot.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
No, you don't understand. Gheb thought I was the VT, so he figured if he killed me, he would have "proof" that you're mafia.

Top Bottom