• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jaxinville FL Thread *WE GOIN HAM ON LoL SHAWTY*

Status
Not open for further replies.

RinzlerOP

Smash Rookie
im down, i need to get sum **** done first. my *** is prolly gonna be there at like 2:30. on a side not, do u still have the **** for my white controller?

RinzlerOP

Smash Rookie
aff man cant make it, turns out painting a house is pretty time intensive. 8 hrs and we still got three rooms left.

SAX

Smash Ace
Hey Jacksonville! Just wanted to get aquainted with the area because I'm going to UNF next year! Yaye for me! haha.
I'm planing to start at UNF on august 22nd.
Just give me some info about what you guys do and where you hold tournies/fests and I'll try to make them :)

EDIT: I don't play melee, just brawl.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Hi, SAX. First, welcome to UNF/Jax. What's your major? I'm gonna guess music perf or ed. (good choice of university if so, esp. jazz)

Second, unfortunately not many people play too much nowadays (especially not Brawl). There are a few that play Brawl a bit but never too seriously (items and ****; idk what your intentions are of playing the game). Occasionally you might be able to play Fast, Bill or Ian (more-skilled players) if they stop by. If you really REALLY wanted to you could just play against BAD but nobody likes that guy (you'll know why later if you spend 5 min's with him) and he's trash at the game.

The good thing is that UNF has a dedicated gameroom which most universities don't have. It's in the 1st floor of the student union (across from the food court) if you haven't gotten the chance to swing by there during a tour or something. Fun place to chill/play some games between classes. Who knows? Maybe a bunch of new blood will show up and want to take Brawl seriously.

Personally, I stopped caring about the game a long time ago and I guess I'm considered "washed up." I see your icon is of Wario. If you ever need advice, practice or want to travel, talk to me. I'll make you good at the game.

if not, w/e; good luck and welcome to the community

-Geoff

SAX

Smash Ace
Hi, SAX. First, welcome to UNF/Jax. What's your major? I'm gonna guess music perf or ed. (good choice of university if so, esp. jazz)

Second, unfortunately not many people play too much nowadays (especially not Brawl). There are a few that play Brawl a bit but never too seriously (items and ****; idk what your intentions are of playing the game). Occasionally you might be able to play Fast, Bill or Ian (more-skilled players) if they stop by. If you really REALLY wanted to you could just play against BAD but nobody likes that guy (you'll know why later if you spend 5 min's with him) and he's trash at the game.

The good thing is that UNF has a dedicated gameroom which most universities don't have. It's in the 1st floor of the student union (across from the food court) if you haven't gotten the chance to swing by there during a tour or something. Fun place to chill/play some games between classes. Who knows? Maybe a bunch of new blood will show up and want to take Brawl seriously.

Personally, I stopped caring about the game a long time ago and I guess I'm considered "washed up." I see your icon is of Wario. If you ever need advice, practice or want to travel, talk to me. I'll make you good at the game.

if not, w/e; good luck and welcome to the community

-Geoff
Hey! Yeah, I wanted to be a jazz performance major, but it's too risky in this economy so I'm playing it safe and doing music education. I almost got a full ride on a jazz scholarship! Yaye!
Yeah, I'll be spending most of my time practicing and whatnot, because That's my number 1 priority, but I'd always be down for some smash. And yeah, items are dumb, I'm more of a serious player.
My orientation in july 14th and 15th, so I'll definitly check it out when Im down there.

And I was talking to Gallax about starting up a new community for brawl there. I might think about it haha. I mean if there are people who are willing to want to play and get better I'll train them and what not.
And I'd like to consider myself pretty knowledgable at the game (got Hrnut and Gallax training in me).
When I start in august I'll let you guys know and see if we can meet up.
Thanks man!

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Nice, grats on the scholarship (just be sure to keep it)!

I'll be on campus during your orientation btw so we should def. chill and play a bit

tbh You'll be hard-pressed to start a new community (esp. competitive that will travel) based around brawl in Jax, but I'll wish you luck in that/help when I can.

haha, hrnut/gallax; haven't seen those guys in a long time -- that's good you're getting nice training

SAX

Smash Ace
Sup new guy. Jax smash is hella weak atm...

But if youre ever down for melee hit me upppp
I may play some melee. Plup lives like 2 seconds away from me so I've played with him before. But I suck SO BAD at melee. Like, think of the worst person you've ever played and I'm prolly worse. If you guys wouldn't mind training me I guess I could be down to learn Melee.

Nice, grats on the scholarship (just be sure to keep it)!

I'll be on campus during your orientation btw so we should def. chill and play a bit

tbh You'll be hard-pressed to start a new community (esp. competitive that will travel) based around brawl in Jax, but I'll wish you luck in that/help when I can.

haha, hrnut/gallax; haven't seen those guys in a long time -- that's good you're getting nice training
Yeah I definitely will!

What do you mean by hard-pressed?

Yeah, both of them are great.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
i mean it will be difficult because there's not a lot of people that play in jax (even tho it's ****in huge) and those that do just seem to plain not give a **** about traveling for some reason

and don't worry about being bad at either game; we all started somewhere and there's people of all skill levels in jax of both games

SAX

Smash Ace
i mean it will be difficult because there's not a lot of people that play in jax (even tho it's ****in huge) and those that do just seem to plain not give a **** about traveling for some reason

and don't worry about being bad at either game; we all started somewhere and there's people of all skill levels in jax of both games
Haha I'm only bad at Melee. I'm pretty good in brawl to say the least.

I'll try to get a brawl scene started. But I don't think I'd have the time, seeing as I'll be spending the majority of my time with band or practicing. I'd be down to travel here and there though definitely.

GoofBall

Smash Journeyman
Serious Brawl Player here. Looking to play Brawl, willing to play Melee but I would have to completely re-learn the whole thing.
I live on Baymeadows, but I can travel no problem as long as it's not forever far. I am all over Southside at any given time, and I go to St. Augustine frequently.
I start FSCJ/UNF in then fall and am pretty much wasting my life away until then.
I am going to college for free on the Talent Grant in acting/performing but my major is Interpreting in American Sign Language
I graduated Sandalwood this year, and I'm 17.

I play Peach, Jigglypuff, Ness, Yoshi, and Zelda.
Ever want to hang out, play brawl (...or melee I guess) , I'm here. :D
I'll gladly support or advertise any touney, smashfest, blah blah blah.
And my name is Ricky, by the way. Nice to meet you all.

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
Hey, Ricky. Same deal as with SAX. I'll be back in Jax starting on the 28th, so I could play some matches then.

If you actually want to be "serious" tho, you're going to have to travel (mainly to Orlando and SFL when it's more convenient).

Congrats on the scholarship!

-Geoff

GoofBall

Smash Journeyman
Thanks.
I go to some Orlando/Gainesville tourneys, but I hate making the drive alone, so I've just kinda dropped out of the whole shebang.

So.... what's up?

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
That's cool, and I understand the whole "going-it-alone" really sucks. If you do wanna start traveling again, I would def. recommend it (esp. with SAX and maybe some other new blood starting at UNF).

Like I've said, I don't really care about smash (playin sc2 now) anymore, but I do have a sizeable amount of exp. playing at a high-level in Brawl so I'm down to help you prepare or travel with to give coaching or w/e, etc.

SAX

Smash Ace
Thanks.
I go to some Orlando/Gainesville tourneys, but I hate making the drive alone, so I've just kinda dropped out of the whole shebang.

So.... what's up?
Hey Ricky! I currently live in Orlando and am going up to Jax at UNF for this fall. Are you going to be attending UNF? Or are you just moving to Jax?

I'm a serious brawl player as well, and I play wario and second mk. I have very good training and am prolly in the top 3 ( or at least close to it ) wario's in the state. Where do you live currently? I'm always down for traveling to orlando. My home town so I know people who could house us if necessary.
Looks like We'll be playing each other alot in the future haha.

Btw, did you happen to go to the otronicon in Orlando a while back? The place with the super laggy tv's? Cause I remember seeing a kid who played peach and had good potential. I was wondering if that was you haha. Blonde hair?

GoofBall

Smash Journeyman
But, my name is Ricky
Ricky is a hard name to handle. If we share it, then it won't overpower us.

Hey Ricky! I currently live in Orlando and am going up to Jax at UNF for this fall. Are you going to be attending UNF? Or are you just moving to Jax?

I'm a serious brawl player as well, and I play wario and second mk. I have very good training and am prolly in the top 3 ( or at least close to it ) wario's in the state. Where do you live currently? I'm always down for traveling to orlando. My home town so I know people who could house us if necessary.
Looks like We'll be playing each other alot in the future haha.

Btw, did you happen to go to the otronicon in Orlando a while back? The place with the super laggy tv's? Cause I remember seeing a kid who played peach and had good potential. I was wondering if that was you haha. Blonde hair?
I'm going to FSCJ but have a few classes at UNF. Hard to explain. I have lived in Jax most my life. I just am not very active in the smash community.

That all sounds good. Can't wait.

YEAH! That was me. My first tourney and first time playing somebody out of Jax at all. So I did pretty well teaching myself everything I know so far. But yeah, that was me. :D

SAX

Smash Ace
Ricky is a hard name to handle. If we share it, then it won't overpower us.

I'm going to FSCJ but have a few classes at UNF. Hard to explain. I have lived in Jax most my life. I just am not very active in the smash community.

That all sounds good. Can't wait.

YEAH! That was me. My first tourney and first time playing somebody out of Jax at all. So I did pretty well teaching myself everything I know so far. But yeah, that was me. :D
Hey cool! Then I remember you! Me and solo were talking to you about coming out more often. I'm the short white kid with brown hair. Doesn't really narrow it down but haha. Well today I'm signing for dorms. So when o find out where I'm staying I can figure out how far away you live. Hopefully not too far. I don't have a wii though at the moment... So I'm hoping you do ^_^
butyeah seems like it'll be good fun!

:phone:

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
yea, just need to check it out (it's free; just need your UNF id)

nah, the fountains is actually fairly far away/isolated in comparison to the rest of campus (about as far as the crossings)

http://www.unf.edu/map/

it's in building 58 (the student union). 1st floor across from the parking garage

what dorm are you gonna live at btw? if you're not sure, i can give you some advice

SAX

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure It's gonna be the cove or landing. Hopefully the Cove. It's the closest to the music building, and it has good reviews. I'm doing the whole chose your dorm and roomate thing at 1 lol

EDIT: Dannggg, that's like on the other side of where I'm wanting to stay xD
How far away would you say the cove is from Building 58?

Sandtru27

Smash Lord
the cove and the landing are essentially the exact same (same construction)... but like 2 min's apart from eachother; both are close enough

the only thing that sucks for a freshmen at the cove/landing is that it's not as communal, but you're gonna be spending most of your life at the music building anyways... so that's pretty much your community

it's really not a far walk from the cove/landing to the union... 10 min's~... 15 if you're slow as ****. 5ish to the music building

GoofBall

Smash Journeyman
I remember solo because I was playing him, other than that, I just kinda drifted around. But when I see your face I will remember. Haha.
But yeah, sounds good. Can't wait.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom