• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japans tierlist???

Blissard

Smash Lord
I'm surprised that Zelda+Shiek (i suppose they count as 1 character, though i usually never have time to transform during a match), took a 25 place leap in here. They're ranked 23 and 35 respectively in our tierlist.

Jok3rst@r

Smash Rookie
Shiek sucks lol. She gets wrecked by a lot of characters. She's to high on their list.
Sheik sucks, you are wrong sheik is good or you forget melee in melee sheik was good, is true that brawl is very different from melee but sheik has the same moveset in brawl and melee. Sheik is prety good i have seen some videos of japanesse sheik player and sheik is pretty good. USA is time to take sheik metagame to the limit because believe me she is good. Maybe not a top tier like she was in melee but she is pretty good.

fatalsolid01

Smash Cadet
Why are we US players so intent on establishing tier lists? Tier lists really do discourage tourney players from experimenting with characters. We underestimate many characters b/c they now have so little representation.
I agree with this 100 percent. And I don't understand why people care so much about tier lists and the discussions about it when they can instead be trying to make their characters better. I feel tier list are mostly about the top players character choices and regarding their placings.( While low tier tournies are very fun) For reasons like these is why I believe tier list do a ton of a lot more bad for the community then if at all any good.

TheOriginalSmasher

Smash Ace
I agree with this 100 percent. And I don't understand why people care so much about tier lists and the discussions about it when they can instead be trying to make their characters better. I feel tier list are mostly about the top players character choices and regarding their placings.( While low tier tournies are very fun) For reasons like these is why I believe tier list do a ton of a lot more bad for the community then if at all any good.
True 100%, With this post and the one you replied to, I DO, however, find tournament results and such important, Character Rankings, etc.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Sheik sucks, you are wrong sheik is good or you forget melee in melee sheik was good, is true that brawl is very different from melee but sheik has the same moveset in brawl and melee. Sheik is prety good i have seen some videos of japanesse sheik player and sheik is pretty good. USA is time to take sheik metagame to the limit because believe me she is good. Maybe not a top tier like she was in melee but she is pretty good.
hey guys, I'm pretty sure he's trying to say that shiek is pretty good.

satowolf

Oppa Gundam Style

hey guys, I'm pretty sure he's trying to say that shiek is pretty good.
Yeah I second this 100% :laugh:

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Tier lists are actually based on what we know the character is capable of. It's very well possible that Japan is really, really good at dodging the ICs grab game, and that most japanese people know how to turn Diddy's bananas against him so well that diddy it hardly good any more. Who knows? It could also be the other way around, but somehow I doubt it.

We need more japanese people here.
rofl they know how to turn bananas around to the extreme

example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc_Fn2h0YwU

tournament match too

Top Bottom