• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
It seems like Umeki is taking over Rain's position as TO in Kanto. The next Kanto tournament is scheduled for January 12th. Attendees so far include Shu, Shimitake, Luminous, Fuwa, Tamanyaso, Fsann, and others.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
SumabatoX25 will happen on the 13th - 9B, Komorikiri, Selcia, Earth, Edge, Shogun, Dio, Akira and SLS have signed themselves up.

:059:

Unneurotic

Smash Journeyman
1: Otori
2: Choco
3: Kairo
4: Brood
5: Kakera
5: Kuchippa
7: Arc (Luminous)
7: Daiki
9: Tige
9: Nariyasu
9: Kenken
9: Kamemushi
13: Nietono
13: Tamanyaso
13: Mofumofudaikon
13: Shadow

1: Kakera & Nariyasu
2: Tige & Brood
3: Otori & Namata
4: Mikeneko & Kairo
5: Choco & Tamanyaso
5: Daiki & Graffiti
7: Mofu & Shima
7: Kuroobi & Shadow

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
Full Results of Sumabato X singles. Upset central. SLS got 33rd, FILIP placed the same as Kie and Earth, that Pokemon Trainer main placed high again, etc.Some people in the top placings I don't know by name so I'm not sure who they used. I also didn't watch the stream, so if any of you that did can fill me in on some of these people that would help.

http://smacom2.mysns.tv/img.php?filename=tc_411035_1_1389632150.gif&m=pc <<<<bracket

1: 9B
2: Edge
3: Akira
4: Dio
5: Sail
5: giyga
7: Uraomote (not sure who this is or who they use)
7: Selcia
9: Kie
9: Raid
9: FILIP
9: Earth
13: Ore
13: Shiron
13: Hayato
13: Kuroan
17: Umiushi
17: Tarai
17: 黒江・流手紙 (kanji...lol)
17: Cross
17: Sopumo
17: Macho
17: 古森霧
17: Signus
25: Reis
25: 大岩297
25: Maro
25: Saza
25: 尚
25: Maiko
25: 虎キチ
25: clown
33: MiA
33: Meteo
33: busa
33: SLS
33: Smith
33: Kagetora
33: Blast
33: Tatsukichi
33: 砂ガブ
33: 大竹297
33: mikro
33: 野菜
33: SKK
33: OF
33: Echigoya
33: Bonkure

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
SLStroll placing 33rd is not an upset. Busa @33rd though is pretty surprising.

For those who can't read the names:

* 9B won all sets, he beat Earth in WQF, Dio in WSF, Akira in WF and Edge in GF
* Edge lost to Dio in winners, then beat Filip, Selcia, giyga, Dio and Akira in losers before losing to 9B in GF
* Akira beat Kie in winners, Uraomote [who had beaten Selcia] in WQF and giyga [who had beaten Sail] in WSF before losing to 9B in WF amd Edge in LF
* Dio beat Cross in Winners and Edge in WQF, then he lost to 9B in WSF. In losers he beat Sail before losing to Edge in LSF
* Sail has no notable win in winners and lost to giyga in WQF but he beat Uraomote [who had beaten Kie & Selcia] in losers
* Giyga beat Sail in WQF, giving him a guaranteed top 5 placing. He lost his next set in losers to Edge
* Uraomote beat Selcia pretty early, then lost to Akira in WQF. In losers he beat Kie before losing to Sail
* Selcia lost to Uaromote early in winners but beat Earth in losers to place 7th.
* Earth lost to 9B and Selcia, Kie lost to Akira and Uaromote, FILIP lost to 9B and Edge and Raid lost to Kie and Sail.

The top half of the winners bracket is much harder - it has 9B, Edge, Earth, Cross and Dio. The bottom half has Akira, Kie and Selcia. Giyga had a somewhat easy winners bracket. Akira benefited from that in WSF and by the fact that Selcia had lost to Uaromote before. Sail benefited from the fact that Uaromote had beaten Kie in losers. That's why Akira, Sail and giyga placed higher than usual. Uaromote placing so high is also surprising but since he beat Selcia in winners and Kie in losers he got his good placing fair and square.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Has anyone seen the pokemon trainer player? Are any of his videos on youtube?

caLviN-1260

Smash Apprentice
NNID
caLviN-1260
Is there some sort of Japanese Smash site/forum/blog? Like the Japanese equivalent of Boards?

caLviN-1260

Smash Apprentice
NNID
caLviN-1260
Yes, but you need a japanese mobile address to register. I got a japanese friend of mine to make an account for me there. So far thats the only way for non-Japanese to join the site.

http://smacom2.mysns.tv/
Ahh a SNS site. Ya that'll be no problem I have a friend who can make me one. There was one for the Japanese Mario Kart community that I used to use.
Thank you for the link!

caLviN-1260

Smash Apprentice
NNID
caLviN-1260
So my friend that made me a SNS account for the Mario Kart site says he can't make me an account again >.> Is anyone in touch with someone that could make me an account for the Smash SNS?
I'm studying Japanese at Uni, and I'd really like to get more involved int he Japanese community

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
Honestly if you can't find a Japanese contact to make you an account there, I would just use nicovideo to interact with Japanese smash players. There are always smash streams going on (although the hours might be crazy because of the time difference). Plus making a nico account is free and you don't need to be Japanese to use the site.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/search/スマブラx?track=niconico_search_keyword

caLviN-1260

Smash Apprentice
NNID
caLviN-1260
Honestly if you can't find a Japanese contact to make you an account there, I would just use nicovideo to interact with Japanese smash players. There are always smash streams going on (although the hours might be crazy because of the time difference). Plus making a nico account is free and you don't need to be Japanese to use the site.

http://live.nicovideo.jp/search/スマブラx?track=niconico_search_keyword
Thanks for the advice, I have a NicoNico account already, so I know my way around it :p I have yet to hunt down a lot of Smash streams though, so thanks for the link :)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sumabato 26 has been announcd for 22nd february. 9B, Komorikiri, Kie, Choco and Akira have signed up so far.

Xiao-Xiao

Smash Journeyman
Umebura (the newest Kanto tournament series) is on March 9th. It seems like it won't be singles this time? I'm not completely sure but I'll update when I get more information. No confirmed attendees at this time

Edit:

So far there is only doubles entrants listed. Some of the better teams are Choco&Kie/Nietono&Brood/Tamanyaso&mow/Kamemushi&Daiki

Mikeneko and Otori also registered but with no partner as of yet.

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sumabato 26 is at 47 entrants right now. Sigma, Dio and Aki have signed up in the meantime.

Top Bottom