• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Style Online Ranking System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crusader8389

Smash Cadet
I took a second look at the rules, I can't tell what I missed? Can you spell it out for me?

Last edited:

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
Character popularity:

1. :fox64: - 10 players
2. :falcon64: and :pikachu64: - 9 players
3. :kirby64: - 6 players
4. :yoshi64: - 3 players
5. :dk64:, :link64: and :mario64: - 2 players
6. :jigglypuff64:, :luigi64:, :samus64: and :ness64: - 1 player

New tier list? XDDD

M!nt

Smash Champion
if anyone would like to play for this just send me a message on here or add me on skype, my skype name is live:mint403

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
2014-04-06, B tier, The Z, Dext3r

I've asked Stranded to play like 5 times and tried contacting Fire on Skype. Since I'm not playing against a TR3G brother I went on ahead and played Dext3r who is in -1. That rule is stupid anyway. Think about your life.

Dext3rM.

Smash Apprentice
the rule is good if u have a field of 150 200 players but with a small group of players its useless and only makes the things slowly, ppl will start losing interest if players need to wait 3 days to just play 1 match to wait other 3 days for somoene who reach the point level

Shears

Smash Master
So nobody can wait 3 days to play a game because they want to play immediately, but that isn't true because if people were playing immediately, then someone would be at your point level and be available to play. There are very few people sitting alone in their point level and those that are would have someone to play if any of the people above and below played. The issue isn't with the rule the issue is with TR3G trying to circumvent the rankings by not incurring a loss from any of their brothers. People need to stop being so egotistical and just play their matches regardless if they think they will lose. Your loss helps the rankings, you need to do whats best for the rankings and community not yourself and your friends.

10inb4someonecallsmeoutonthatsoundingalittlebitlikecommunismchars

This rule doesn't stop anyone from playing matches. Go ahead, log into kaillera and try to play someone at a different point level, it won't stop you. The match will happen. Everything will work. The only thing the rule stops is reporting it and having it affect the rankings. You can play whoever your heart desires, it just doesn't matter in this thread.

Last edited:

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
if anything the rule forces more inactive people to play their matches cuz active players sometimes have to contact inactive people in order to play a legal match whereas without this rule people who are more active could avoid engaging less active or available people because they have a larger player pool that they can contact.

Mr Bushido

Smash Ace
More bad than good comes from enforcing this rule. Like Dext3r said you could only make that work if we had a much higher number of players. If there's no food in your house, you shouldn't resort to cannibalism (in reference to me fighting TR3G's), you go out there and get some food from the supermarket. And inactive players gonna be inactive, I doubt it would really change anything in that regard.

B Link

Smash Lord
if anything the rule forces more inactive people to play their matches cuz active players sometimes have to contact inactive people in order to play a legal match whereas without this rule people who are more active could avoid engaging less active or available people because they have a larger player pool that they can contact.
I agree but wow this is one sentence

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
More bad than good comes from enforcing this rule. Like Dext3r said you could only make that work if we had a much higher number of players. If there's no food in your house, you shouldn't resort to cannibalism (in reference to me fighting TR3G's), you go out there and get some food from the supermarket. And inactive players gonna be inactive, I doubt it would really change anything in that regard.
i disagree in that there are people who are too lazy to actively look for a match, but would still play a match if someone else messaged them asking to play

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
if tr3g doesn't play each other i'm not gonna play them either. unfair to other folk in the ratings

Studstill

Smash Ace
So nobody can wait 3 days to play a game because they want to play immediately, but that isn't true because if people were playing immediately, then someone would be at your point level and be available to play. There are very few people sitting alone in their point level and those that are would have someone to play if any of the people above and below played. The issue isn't with the rule the issue is with TR3G trying to circumvent the rankings by not incurring a loss from any of their brothers. People need to stop being so egotistical and just play their matches regardless if they think they will lose. Your loss helps the rankings, you need to do whats best for the rankings and community not yourself and your friends.

10inb4someonecallsmeoutonthatsoundingalittlebitlikecommunismchars

This rule doesn't stop anyone from playing matches. Go ahead, log into kaillera and try to play someone at a different point level, it won't stop you. The match will happen. Everything will work. The only thing the rule stops is reporting it and having it affect the rankings. You can play whoever your heart desires, it just doesn't matter in this thread.
NAILED IT.

Studstill

Smash Ace
Also, openly admitting you are imposing some kind of "crew" agreement on the Rankings that clearly make ZERO mention of teams or crews or brothers or what the **** ever is pretty out of line. I would beg you to reconsider your ideas on what playing a "TR3G" would mean. It`s definitely not cannibalism. Really happy that you`re ranked, man, but this is a single player rankings. There are no rules forcing anyone to play everyone, but I think it`s poor form to band together. This is not a tournament bracket, or round robin pool. Let your boy stand on his own merits, and you on yours. #TR3Ginfightwouldbeawesome!

Rob. How about next time use your words to describe what`s wrong, instead of just joining the wrong side.

M!nt

Smash Champion
2014 04 07, C, MrMarbles, Mint

curse you pikachu

yOLORIN

Smash Apprentice
2014-04-07, D, Ducky, metacopolys
nvm

Last edited:

Studstill

Smash Ace
2014 04 07 D Studstill Zero