• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Style Online Ranking System

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
42 Participants has been reached.

10 day rule now enforced. Warnings go next to names at 7 days

New rule regarding playing people: Basically you are now required to play people that you haven't played in your point level, or after a certain amount of time you may play people you havent played within 1 point of your point level, if there are no others that you have played at your point level.

#10onlyshearsdoesthischars

Last edited:

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
42 Participants has been reached.

10 day rule now enforced.

New rule regarding playing people: Basically you are now required to play people that you haven't played in your point level, or after a certain amount of time you may play people you havent played within 1 point of your point level, if there are no others that you have played at your point level.

#10onlyshearsdoesthischars

Lol hope you dont try and enforce p2p with ppl that would have 10 frames with eachother, aint no way I'd p2p someone over 4.

Shears

Smash Master
Lol hope you dont try and enforce p2p with ppl that would have 10 frames with eachother, aint no way I'd p2p someone over 4.
Thats what the +/- 1 is for. In a circumstance like that you can reach into another level but the excuse of "I don't want to play the guy in my level because he has a big nose" isn't valid (inb4 someone complains that its the ears are too big and they don't care about nose size, damn commies).

Also people need to stop being so pessimistic and theorizing problems and making up issues before actually trying it. You're not going to run into these issues. If frames or lag is an issue, then wait until a match above or below you is played and you'll have someone new to play. Its not like we're crunched on participants. There's 42 people and most levels have multiple people in it, there is someone for you to play that is within your frame consideration, and if there isn't immediately, there will be.

"I can't be limited to playing someone in my level, what if theres only one person and terrorist bomb their house and they don't have internet, what will I do?" Fine you win. The rules suck, everything sucks, life is meaningless, you're such a radical thinker and are so smart and clever and have way more foresight then any of us. We will all commit mass suicide to honor your brave and courageous existence by addressing the real and tough problems none of us had the guts to do. You are so progressive and helpful. Praise be to you.

Sedda

Smash Champion
I have a question about the 10 day thing. I want to start playing again once I return, but what if I have to leave the country for over a week again or something?

Last edited:

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
I have a question about the 10 day thing. I want to start playing again once I return, but what if I have to leave the country for over a week again or something?
sucks to suck

USA or GTFO

Last edited:

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
2014 04 03, C, Combo Blaze, Shears

Shears should have the recording. COULDN'T RECORD BECAUSE I KEPT BLUE SCREENING WHEN I HAD OBS+SSB. Pretty sure it's because of SSB but could be because of SSB+SKYPE. DUNNO.

Metacopolys

Smash Rookie
2014 04 03, D, Metacopolys Studstill

So I gotta wait for another +1 in D teir to play another match?

MrMarbles

Smash Lord
2014 04 03, D, Metacopolys Studstill

So I gotta wait for another +1 in D teir to play another match?
if i understand the rule correctly u can play someone either 1 level above or below you IF you have no one to play in your own level, which u dont. is that correct Karajan?

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
does having no one in your level to play mean "i've played everyone in my point level and can thus branch out" OR "there are no other people at my point level at the moment"?

Shears

Smash Master
According to the rules, both. How is this so difficult to understand? Does everyone here actually believe and click the ads that say you've won a million dollars?

Vale

Smash Ace
I'm entering as Pikachu. I think I'll solidly be the first player completely eliminated.

Metacopolys

Smash Rookie
I don't think you logged the match between me and studstill. I should now be +1 and he should be -1. It looks like you updated matches that happened after I posted so sorry if you just hadn't had a chance to get to it.

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
I don't think you logged the match between me and studstill. I should now be +1 and he should be -1. It looks like you updated matches that happened after I posted so sorry if you just hadn't had a chance to get to it.
Usually I'll like posts as I edit them in, so I could be sitting there for 5 minutes after I like the comment without the changes committed.

Froski

Boss of Bosses
Ill join with link

Message me on skype if you have me as a contact, if not message me on smashboards.

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
:fox64: KniteFox { 0 } 2014-03-26 ( 9 days inactive )
:dk64: tacos { 0 } 2014-03-26 ( 9 days inactive )

If they haven't played by the time I log on tomorrow, they will get -1.

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
I agree with the lag, but assuming something won't work because in theory you could be stuck playing only people with a 100 frames is ridiculous. Rule of numbers, there will be someone you can play with adequate frame delay.

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
I agree with the lag, but assuming something won't work because in theory you could be stuck playing only people with a 100 frames is ridiculous. Rule of numbers, there will be someone you can play with adequate frame delay.
Oh well yeah, that definitely goes without saying lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom