• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese SSBB pro videos! straight from Ikki san!

Sl1th

Smash Apprentice
Nice DDD chainthrows, thats insane. Didnt thinjk much of the big penguin but looks like ill have to try hi out myself. Wish there were more vids than just with ike and DDD...and kirby. I want to see how the pokemon trainer plays.

chAvo

Smash Cadet
ike vs d3 (i mean all 4 vids) gave me hope of an advanced brawl xD, btw d3 in vids 1 & 2 did some sort of sliding, could anyone check it.

PS: by advanced i mean new techs and intense gameple like melee if u know what i mean

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
Charizard: ... his fair, pending confirmation of lag cancel, looks like it will be a beast when it comes to his spacing/zoning game. Disjointed hitboxes with the flames, amazing range and coverage, and it even semi-spikes apparently!

Squirtle: This guy has more air mobility than Jiggs! Has anyone noticed this?

I.T.P., try to test out Ivysaur tomorrow. So far, he's been the most neglected PT pokemon, and I have a hunch he will be amazing, I'd love to see him get used well for more than 10 seconds.

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to see more from Pokemon Trainer. We don't have many legitimate videos of him playing.

Kyu Puff

Smash Champion
!!!

Actually seeing GOOD players play is the confirmation. Brawl is going to be ****ing insane.

Dedede looks great. His range is massive, and he has amazing chain grabs. (Is it just me, or did it look like it worked at any percentage?) The only problem was his poor mobility, but that seems to be a problem for a lot of characters in this game.

Ike, on the other hand, was pretty boring and slow. I can't see him being very good, but his final smash does pwn. Kirby's new moves (dash attack and aerial hammer) look pretty slick. I have a feeling he'll be better off in Brawl.

Edit - The sliding was just rolling. Rolling is a bit faster than it was in Melee.

Brawleri

Smash Journeyman
Can you play in the halber stage with Dedede? Please?

I'm so excited!! Dedede looks complete badass!

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I might have to main Olimar and Pokemon Trainer now! Trainer looks so fun to play as!

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
ike vs d3 (i mean all 4 vids) gave me hope of an advanced brawl xD, btw d3 in vids 1 & 2 did some sort of sliding, could anyone check it.

PS: by advanced i mean new techs and intense gameple like melee if u know what i mean
That was just dodging.

chAvo

Smash Cadet
That was just dodging.
actually umm....no it's not look in the first vid 0:17 secs if it was rolling @ the end of it he would've ended up facing the other way, instead he keept looking left, and dodging? since when a dodge on the floor slides u to the right?

Phlemingo

Smash Ace
actually umm....no it's not lokk in the first vid 0:17 secs if it was rolling 2 the end of it he would've ended up facing the other way, instead he keept looking left, and dodging? since when a dodge on the floor slides u to the right?
Exactly, its ink dropping. But in a couple of these videos, it looked like Dedede tumbled when he tried to run and grab Ike.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I.T.P, if Lylat Cruise is playable in this demo, could you record some matches on there? It's a very neutral stage, and I think many people will agree with me when I say IT'S AWESOME.

chAvo

Smash Cadet
Exactly, its ink dropping. But in a couple of these videos, it looked like Dedede tumbled when he tried to run and grab Ike.
now this is good response, but wait isn't ink droppin like trippin, he didn't trip, in fact he did a smooth slide

Irow

Smash Ace
I.T.P, a lot of people on the boards are arguing over the whole L-cancel thing. So, do you think you try to perform it? Try the Fast fall before an aerial, and see if that changes the amount of lag.

I.T.P

Smash Ace
I.T.P, a lot of people on the boards are arguing over the whole L-cancel thing. So, do you think you try to perform it? Try the Fast fall before an aerial, and see if that changes the amount of lag.
I intend to, don't worry. It's one of the first things I want to try.

also, these people are used to FD and DL64 only, so they played smashville to get an FD like Feeling

Jay0yeah

Smash Ace
Thank you, sir.

Thanks for the videos!

DDD is good! Yes, my Kirby has different moves! YES!!!! Ike has crazy range and power.

I can't wait for Brawl to come out in America

Jay0yeah

Arrow

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why did the Kirby series victory music get changed to the more cutesy version from the electric guitar one that was playing at E4All? I'm hoping that maybe different characters have different versions of the song (Kirby would have the cute one, Meta Knight the guitar one, etc.), but Dedede and Kirby both have the cute one, so it seems like the guitar one was removed completely :(

Dedede is looking very awesome... definitely going to be one of the first characters I try. ITP, please please PLEASE play on some stages other than Smashville. I want to hear if there's any new music featured in the demo.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Why did the Kirby series victory music get changed to the more cutesy version from the electric guitar one that was playing at E4All? I'm hoping that maybe different characters have different versions of the song (Kirby would have the cute one, Meta Knight the guitar one, etc.), but Dedede and Kirby both have the cute one, so it seems like the guitar one was removed completely :(

Dedede is looking very awesome... definitely going to be one of the first characters I try. ITP, please please PLEASE play on some stages other than Smashville. I want to hear if there's any new music featured in the demo.
I think it's that only certain characters will get a different version.

Prevail

Smash Apprentice
This may be a dumb question, but where and how were these matches played?

In other words, was this at a gaming event, or does I.T.P. have a private demo?

Top Bottom