• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese SSBB pro videos! straight from Ikki san!

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Did anyone else notice the increased effectiveness of Ike's Final Smash? In the 2nd Match (DDD vs. Ike) Ike gets the smash ball and activates his FS at 1:46. He's pretty far away from DDD at the time and then he seems to fly across half the stage to actually start using his FS animation. Does it now have the same horizontal range as Link's FS? Or instead was he able to hit DDD just as he dodged left to avoid it and the FS just followed suit....

Regardless thanks for the information here, Ike is now a character that intrigues me...
I LOL'D hard when I seen that, I doubt that was intended, I assumed it was a glitch that DDD got owned on. :(

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Great videos, though I'd hoped they would play with some more items, characters, and stages. But still great that it's all uploaded :)

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Lol we think alike. You can tell I am dissapointed about no Pit by my avatar. lol
Yeah. Take that Ike haters, he looks awesome. With a WIIMOTE. :bee:

And yeah I noticed the massive range Ike seems to have with Great Aether, he caught Dedede with it like it was Marth and his magic hands. :laugh:

AetherIke

Smash Rookie
Awesome vids. =o

I hope we'll be seeing a video with Pikachu soon too, really curious how the pros
play him.

d-Rishain-g

Smash Cadet
after seeing the pokemon trainer i wish that charizord came after squirtle ...... he would be 100X better. (not that i know if hes bad or not.)

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
Yeah. Take that Ike haters, he looks awesome. With a WIIMOTE. :bee:

And yeah I noticed the massive range Ike seems to have with Great Aether, he caught Dedede with it like it was Marth and his magic hands. :laugh:
You noticed it too? Like I said at the top of the page, I think that was a glitch...

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
Charizard pwns too much also. did anyone see his fair it has way too much pushback @ lower %.

: ) I'm loving this game by the second even more. Koopa looks sluggish but cockstrong. But I dn't expect much on a wii-mote anyhow. Bowser's fsmash hitbox and range is hugemongous on the other hand. He just leaned hopped into it. crazy, yo.

kashikomarimashita

Smash Journeyman
Ike looked good, but man was those two guys gameplay annoying. Especially the dude playing TripleD. He just threw waddle dees and chain threw. What a waste of DDDs abilities.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
You noticed it too? Like I said at the top of the page, I think that was a glitch...
I dunno. It seemed like the flames off Ike's sword were what hit him, then he moved himself up to be in the proper position for his animation.

If it wasn't a glitch then...holy crap that has a lot of range.

legendofme

Smash Journeyman
Well golly are we already considering stuff brokem? >->...Smashboards is stubborn. Dedede does seem that way though. But why complain when we leave the realm of Sheik/Fox...did you forget them already? yeah I bet DDD is broken on a cold day in heck.

Prevail

Smash Apprentice
Great vids! =)

Thanks for posting these... I really appreciate it.

By the way... are there any other pro videos out besides these?

jdub03

Smash Journeyman
Hey I.T.P can you test out that new air block. Im curious to know what that is. It seems to be something like a parry.

Revven

FrankerZ
I have a youtube account, no chance for a director though, sorry.

matches won't be 10 minutes anyway, I guarentee that
Just be sure to get some videos of characters we haven't seen much action of yet (as in, Pikachu, Mario... etc). Gotta know how much they've improved! :)

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Good stuff... Glad to see this game is finally gonna come out... So the Dedede combo that Ikki was doing was just down throws? I almost thought I saw something else... Guess not... :/

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Hey I.T.P can you test out that new air block. Im curious to know what that is. It seems to be something like a parry.
that's very hard to test, and even harder to explain to someone in order to get help testing it, I don't think I'll be able to.

but I do want to confirm catching with air dodging without pressing A.

BTW, did any of you noticed something completely crazy in one of the Masashi Ikki matches? Masashi threw a pokeball that hit a waddle dee, tossed into the air spinning like crazy, and then landed without opening! I was like WTF?!?!?

Kooichi

Smash Journeyman
Awesome! Ike has chanced alot from the E4all demo! His B-up goes horizontal and he's not as slow. You can even catch someone in his FS from far away!

Defiantly going to subscribe XD

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
that's very hard to test, and even harder to explain to someone in order to get help testing it, I don't think I'll be able to.

but I do want to confirm catching with air dodging without pressing A.

BTW, did any of you noticed something completely crazy in one of the Masashi Ikki matches? Masashi threw a pokeball that hit a waddle dee, tossed into the air spinning like crazy, and then landed without opening! I was like WTF?!?!?
Do you remember which game that was?

Cenedar

Smash Ace
Ike... and Dedede... in the same fight... I think I just bricked.

That was AWESOME. Looks like Ike is a tad bit speedier now, and Dedede can make hot pink sexy. And for my final word , GREAT AETHER = EPIC WIN.

Irow

Smash Ace
I.T.P, you should try to counter with Ike, I've yet to see a good video of it.

And was it just me, or did Ivysaur just seem to **** Link's shield in that video? What move was that?

GenG

Smash Lord
I.T.P, you should try to counter with Ike, I've yet to see a good video of it.

And was it just me, or did Ivysaur just seem to **** Link's shield in that video? What move was that?
Vine whip maybe?

Irow

Smash Ace
I just hate seeing Ike's super laggy aerials. All of them are really big and obvious.

I think he needs to stay on the ground for the most part. Hopefully, his tilts and grabs have a nice set-up for a combo.

Top Bottom