• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese SSBB pro videos! straight from Ikki san!

LotusMyuushin

Smash Apprentice
I also saw 3 mist opportunities to get the Dragoon, they were missing items and smash balls on purpose for the good of the game.

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Only thing I wanted to see Masashi do that he never did with Ike...where was the Counter? He could've snuffed Dedede's Down Air every time he did it.

FaceGuy

Smash Apprentice
'Day Day Day' pronunciation confirmed in the last vid, too. It would've been nice if they'd tried for a little more variety than Ike and Dedede though. Would especially be nice to see some proper Pokemon Trainer action.

Bowser's new side-B looks quite good though, and is it just me or is Kirby quite a bit faster than he was in Melee? Final Cutter also appeared to be improved.

Zevox

Smash Lord
'Day Day Day' pronunciation confirmed in the last vid, too. It would've been nice if they'd tried for a little more variety than Ike and Dedede though. Would especially be nice to see some proper Pokemon Trainer action.

Bowser's new side-B looks quite good though, and is it just me or is Kirby quite a bit faster than he was in Melee? Final Cutter also appeared to be improved.
Biggest thing I noticed with Kirby is that hammer of his - when he used it on Ike he did 18% damage and it had some pretty good knockback. Now thats some major improvement.

Zevox

Pieman0920

Smash Master
To bad they didn't go for the items. You could tell sometimes that there was a free AT that both of them could have used, but in the end didn't. Also the Dragoon was nearly complete in that one match, but it never got finnished. =/

EDIT: Wow, they did pull off a Dragoon in one of the videos. :O

Kinda crummy though...Dedede dodged it even though it was so close to him.

Urser

Smash Apprentice
Okay. Where did the 'SSBB is floaty like SSB' reports come from?

This gameplay looks faster than SSBM! Just look at Kirby kicking butt by dropping down and using final cutter all over the palce!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I wonder if they let you bring your own Nunchuk accessory to use...

Anyways, good stuff. Looks like Ike definitely got some buffs, and the matchup seemed fairly even at the moment. Here's hoping they did a better job at character balancing.

maxpower1227

Smash Lord
Geez guys, play somewhere other than Smashville. And use the items more often. We wanna see how stuff works!

Awesome videos though. Kirby's new dash-A is breakdancing!

I.T.P

Smash Ace
the Announcer clearly says De De De and not Day Day Day, Dunno where you're hearing from...

you're forgetting they're top ranked Japanese pros, they couldn't care less about items...

Vids of me tommorow :p I'll be playing as Ike and PT Probably

AlphaDragoon2002

Smash Ace
NNID
AlphaDragoon02
Go I.T.P.! Go forth and kick butt with Ike! And bring more video of him owning when you do! ...And use the Counter and Eruption! Okay, I'm done.

And PT footage would be great, I hear Charizard is...kinda lame, it'd be nice to have confirmation/deconfrimation on that.

F@lc0-san

Smash Ace
the Announcer clearly says De De De and not Day Day Day, Dunno where you're hearing from...

you're forgetting they're top ranked Japanese pros, they couldn't care less about items...

Vids of me tommorow :p I'll be playing as Ike and PT Probably
Please do I.T.P.

I wanna see CHarizard in action :D...

Hell, I just want to see Pokemon Trainer duking it out:)

I would also like to thank you, masashi, ikki, and queen saki, if you get in contact with them please let them know that the western smash community apreciates this:D

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Geez guys, play somewhere other than Smashville. And use the items more often. We wanna see how stuff works!

Awesome videos though. Kirby's new dash-A is breakdancing!
they went for the most basic stage there, remember they're used to playing only FD and DL64.

Items? What are they? noobs?

BananaX

Smash Apprentice
These are great! So these are Melee pros on the Brawl demos? I'm surprised they can pick up an entirely new game so quick! ;)

I.T.P

Smash Ace
Please do I.T.P.

I wanna see CHarizard in action :D...

Hell, I just want to see Pokemon Trainer duking it out:)

I would also like to thank you, masashi, ikki, and queen saki, if you get in contact with them please let them know that the western smash community apreciates this:D

Ikki = Queensaki. It's his youtube account.

androidgeoff

Smash Rookie
If you can, tomorrow, play on Battlefield since it would be cool to see the transition of day times.
Plus, it's DL64 without the wind... unless you adore the wind.

D

Deleted member

IKE =/= MARTH.

Those guys were attemtping to SHFFL F-airs with Ike! It just doesn't work properly, try something else.

Dedede's D throw is killer. Chain combo ftw!

Top Bottom