• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japan player finder!!

FC_desu

Smash Rookie
What's up guys, FC here! I am definitely a scrub, but even us scrubs have the urge to smash now and again, right?

I'm wondering if there are any other players here in Japan looking to play now or again. As of now, I don't know anyone local who plays (although there are some homegrown tournaments over in Osaka, and some in Tokyo I'm sure). I am located at the southern-most tip of Kochi-prefecture, Shikoku.

Let's get a smash-fest going over here!!:reverse:

soranaka

Smash Journeyman
hey man. if youre trying to find local players, this is probably the best site: http://smacom2.mysns.tv/
its basically like the japanese smashboards. the only thing is (besides everything being in japanese) you need a japanese cell phone.

i live in kanto so i dont know anyone in shikoku, but if really want to meet local players you could always try going to one of the osaka tournaments. everyone is really nice so they might be able to introduce you to players living close by.

FC_desu

Smash Rookie
Cool. Yeah, I was thinking about maybe hitting up a tournament in Osaka at some point.

As per the site, everything being in Japanese and having a cell phone are no problem, but for some reason it is failing after I make the account and try and log in. It's giving me the「 ログインに失敗しました。再度、ログイン操作を行ってください。」 (Login failure. Please try again.) message. *sigh*

Did you have this problem??

soranaka

Smash Journeyman
hmm...i remember having trouble setting up the account too, but that was 2 or 3 years ago. did they send an email to your phone and all that stuff?

Volt_Storm_7

Smash Journeyman
lol, I'll help you out. I use that site alot and it's designed to keep uninvited people out. I'll get you in, give me your email, please

As for the phone, it's actually got to have a email service to activate the account. like @docomo.co.jp , @softbank.co.jp, those are examples. I believe every phone has it, but you have to activate it first.

Mysteek

Smash Cadet
Anyone that will be in Osaka or Okinawa around December 20-30th? I'm up in Aomori but will be traveling for vacation.

Also I can't access the Japanese smash bbs :( despite having a cell phone.

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I just got stationed at Yokota Air Base. 3 year tour so I will be here for quite some time. Looking to play mostly melee, but I do play brawl and am not opposed to 64

2dollarbillguy

Smash Rookie
Anyone that will be in Osaka or Okinawa around December 20-30th? I'm up in Aomori but will be traveling for vacation.

Also I can't access the Japanese smash bbs :( despite having a cell phone.
currently at Kadena AB in okinawa if you're still looking to play

KoKo_JR

Smash Rookie
I'm stationed in Okinawa if anyone is interested. I mostly play Melee, and I'm waiting on some orders to come in and I can get Project M set up!

Groovy Green Hat

Smash Rookie
I'm studying in Nagoya this semester, and I'm always down for some melee. I unfortunately have no cell phone, though. Any idea how to find out about the Osaka tourneys?

Dudley

Smash Rookie
Located in Tokyo area, hit me up. Also looking for some Netplay too.

Last edited:

Zakosai

Smash Apprentice
Hey Dudley, what part of tokyo are you in? Jman and I have been getting some games in, let's meet up sometime.

Groovy Green Hat

Smash Rookie
It looks like there are a couple of tournies coming up in Osaka; one on the 13th (this Sunday) and one on May 4th, which is also an MLG qualifier. It looks like this site seems to list at least the Osaka tournies:

http://smashbros.island.ac/

I hope lots of people can make it; I'm probably going to the 13th one, and definitely going to the one in May.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Posted this in the other japan thread:

I live in Kumamoto. Due to work and family, I am pretty grounded so any potential meets ups/tournies are a "no" and I don't have a reliable internet connection. I am looking into getting Optic Fiber soon though so that can change. I get pretty laggy when I play Brawl/P:M online. I would totally be down to play some matches once the 3DS and/or Wii U version comes out.

So if there is some handy dandy database somewhere, feel free to add me.

cham

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone~ I have recently gotten into Melee (which means I am a bad player!) and I am looking for anyone near Kanagawa/Tokyo to practice with. I have good work ethic (I am putting a lot of effort into studying the game and improving), and I don't get upset with losing, so if you don't mind me being new I would like to meet some other players and learn more about Melee!

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
Hello everyone~ I have recently gotten into Melee (which means I am a bad player!) and I am looking for anyone near Kanagawa/Tokyo to practice with. I have good work ethic (I am putting a lot of effort into studying the game and improving), and I don't get upset with losing, so if you don't mind me being new I would like to meet some other players and learn more about Melee!
I dont think you are too far from a group of players at yokota (it sits in fussa). Feel free to pm me for info. We play every saturday or sunday for hours. Singles and doubles for melee and PM

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Hey everyone I'm going to be in Japan for the next few years and I absolutely love Melee so hit me up. I'm down in okinawa near kadena.

theotheo

Smash Rookie
I dont think you are too far from a group of players at yokota (it sits in fussa). Feel free to pm me for info. We play every saturday or sunday for hours. Singles and doubles for melee and PM
How many people do you all usually get playing regularly? I`m thinking of trying to set a small tournament (like REALLY small) in Tokyo or Chiba and wanna get an idea if anyone is interested.

Zakosai

Smash Apprentice
We have three people at Yokota who are serious and we play at least once a week. See the thread by Zipzo, he is hosting very soon.

mastr0fmyd0main3

Smash Journeyman
I just got into the JET program so I'll be teaching English in Gunma prefecture from August 2014 to July 2015, and maybe staying a couple more years if I like it. I basically only play melee (though PM is tolerable) and I'm currently ranked 8th on the Minnesota (US) power ranking so I'm decent. Not sure which city I'll be in but it sounds like Gunma is about 2 hours from Tokyo? Is there much going on in Tokyo?

JMan8891

Halfrican-American
I havent heard of much in the tokyo area, but largely its due to the language barrier and i've yet to have time to venture to find players outside of the boards.

The yokota scene isnt big:maybe 12 players. Of which 3 play melee seriously, same 3+1 more play pm, and the rest play PM casually.

NualphaJPN

Smash Cadet
The scene in Tokyo isn't so big, since Tokyo at the moment is all about Street Fighter. The scene could grow here, but there needs to be a local scene that can make it happen consistently.

Stannum

Smash Journeyman
Hey all, anyone living near Niigata/toyama/nagano area? Also, anyone going to the tourny this weekend in tokyo? if so see ya there :3

OU|NFA

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I am going to be doing a study abroad program at Musashi University in Tokyo from the beginning of September until the end of December and was wondering if anyone is interested in meeting up to play? I am relatively new to the scene (I have only entered a few tournaments in the NEOH/PGH region) but I can sorta hold my own in Melee and am working on improving. I am within a reasonable distance of Yokota and am willing to travel on weekends depending on my schedule. I pretty much only play Melee but am willing to play anything.

Last edited:

GoatExplosion

Smash Rookie
Hey folks just got my folks to send me my GCube so I can start really puttin in the lab time to become a champion of this game. I live in Tokyo off the Inokashira line in Suginami and I'm lookin for homies who play or someone willin to lab with me. Ya know whatever or if you guys know of places I can go play at. Also I'm lookin for an old tv if anyone has any information on that. Thanks a lot fellas

YCJ

Smash Rookie
I'm in Kanazawa, Ishikawa Prefecture... Anyone around here?
Got a setup, no tv :c

Top Bottom