• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Janon social thread : Lair of the Floating Back Slapping Missile Reflecting King of Evil

BubbaFlappies

Smash Rookie
What's up guys? I'm Bubba, the Ganon main from Scotland. Thanks so much for all your help, I've been reading the boards for like 3 days now and I can already tell I've improved just by my practice matches and stuff. Let's hope I can help some of you out in the future, eh?

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
Tied for 7th at GameClucks yesterday in a 64-man bracket. Unfortunately, I didn't get anything on stream, but oh man, oh man, oh maaan, do I have some tales to tell.

For the first time ever, I managed to make a Squirtle SD using Ganon's up-taunt. It was immensely satisfying.

Later, I managed to do a monstrous comeback against an old-school Brawl player. He had three full stocks, I had one. Take off one stock, I'm at ~50%. Take off the next, I'm at 176%. Then I did aerial Flame Choke->Jab->aerial Flame Choke->Jab approximately ten times, ultimately leading into a drop-off fair for a zero-to-death. I couldn't believe it. Really wish it was streamed.

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
Tied for 7th at GameClucks yesterday in a 64-man bracket. Unfortunately, I didn't get anything on stream, but oh man, oh man, oh maaan, do I have some tales to tell.

For the first time ever, I managed to make a Squirtle SD using Ganon's up-taunt. It was immensely satisfying.

Later, I managed to do a monstrous comeback against an old-school Brawl player. He had three full stocks, I had one. Take off one stock, I'm at ~50%. Take off the next, I'm at 176%. Then I did aerial Flame Choke->Jab->aerial Flame Choke->Jab approximately ten times, ultimately leading into a drop-off fair for a zero-to-death. I couldn't believe it. Really wish it was streamed.
Did you do this to a Dedede by any chance? I've played against a Dedede player a good number of times, and the amount of damage you can rack up with just aerial flame chokes to jabs is crazy. It's super easy to land too because Dedede is so slow and huge.

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
Aerial Flame choke > jab > repeat
can be pretty devastating, if applied to the right char at low percent. Who were you beating on HH?

Hungry Headcrab

Smash Ace
It was Sagemoon. I have no idea who he is, but I was told he was an old Brawl player. No idea if he is known or not. He was playing a very good Pit.

I've done the whole AFC->jab->repeat thing before, but never to such devastating effect. It was glorious. My heart was racing, I popped off, people behind me were losing their ****... It was good time.

ShadowGanon

Smash Lord
Finally I can add another Ganon emote to my little profile on the side here.
(You can now list PM mains on Smashboards)

<------------

Last edited:

Poodle

Smash Rookie
What's up doods. I was watching a doc on Maradona and it had a quote that totally made me think of Ganon.

"They adored [him] for his prodigious acrobatics and because he was a dirty God, a sinner, the most human of the deities. Anyone could see in him the walking synthesis of human weaknesses - - arrogant, overbearing, deceitful, swaggering. But perhaps of all the crimes that [Ganon] committed, the most profound was the sin of being the best."

GeZ

Smash Lord
I always thought that a cool alt for Ganon would be something between his regular look and his beast look, and whadya know Nintendo thought of that. If P:M could see this and make this an alt whenever they get around to putting together another Dorf alternate I'd be infinitely down, and grateful.

Last edited:

Bazkip

Smash Master
So Falcon is finally confirmed for Smash 4.
Nintendo, when Ganon.

Last edited:

MACKU

Smash Rookie
Got fifth place at a ~30 man Tampa tournament this weekend. Four of my sets got recorded. Waiting for them to come through and get online so I can share them and get some feedback.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
This is hard on a phone.

Has there been a project m Ganon-only tourney yet? Or better yet tourney/hang out, though someone did just mention they're from Scotland..

Last edited:

GeZ

Smash Lord
That'd actually be really cool, to have the Ganon mains get together at big tournament and just swap knowledge, spar, scare other attendants.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
The trick would be finding where most of us are concentrated to get maximum levels of Ganon, then finding a pretty big tourney near there.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
****ing texas is full of ganons, holy ****. you and scuba in austin. i apparently converted s.o.s. on accident. me, mongoose, (kinda)denti, and a handful of others here in dfdubs.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
I'm actually going to school in Dallas most of the year, I had no idea there were so many other Ganons, lol

Yeah, I don't know if middle East and Scotsman Ganons will make it unless they just have money to burn on plane tickets

GeZ

Smash Lord
I'm the only Ganon in a couple towns on the west coast but I'm sure there's others. It's california for christs sake.

CORY

wut
BRoomer
we should bug oracle to make a ganon only side event at ltc2 >: p

bonus points if the next patch is out by then, because new ganon is hella fun.

Coastward

Smash Lord
only ganon in my area, and i still manage to get top 5 all the time and got on the PR.

there's a monthly coming up this week, ill be sure to get some footage for you guys.

GeZ

Smash Lord
we should bug oracle to make a ganon only side event at ltc2 >: p

bonus points if the next patch is out by then, because new ganon is hella fun.
IS THERE A BUILD FOR NEW GANON? I'm going to bug the **** out of the dev in my town if there is.

Scuba Steve

Smash Ace
College Station says that they have mad Ganon love over there, but I only saw 1 or 2 actual Ganon mains. They did run a Ganon-only, single elimination, all stages legal side tournament at their last monthly though. Got to counterpick Denti to Rainbow Cruise

CORY

wut
BRoomer
honestly, the new ganon costumes, from what i've seen online, don't look good imo : / i'm looking forward to the extra spaces to put some ganon skins that i found a while back (the folder's called "gerudo king of thieves" and it's kind of a hybrid between melee and brawl ganon...) over them, though : p

CORY

wut
BRoomer
i'm still waiting for the day i find a helix king lord genome ganon skin.

i'd install it on every wii i play on, ever.

holding up tourneys like it's my job. no ****s given.

GeZ

Smash Lord
I would be infinitely satisfied with an alt of the thing I posted earlier. Beast King Ganon is just so pimp.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
The OoT skin looks all right, and Samus' light suit is pretty cool.

GeZ put a picture a few posts back that would make an amazing skin..

Last night someone's setup had Wario wearing a pikachu suit... It was a little horrifying

Coastward

Smash Lord
alright so i was ****ing around in pm today and i found this sick combo that im gonna try on actual people instead of computers.

it'll probably only work if they dont tech anything but,
DAIR > FLAME CHOKE > UTILT

really simple, and its probably been done before. it looks ****ing dope though.

Last edited:

| Kailex |

I smell like salty coins and milk
NNID
pootis
3DS FC
2578-3225-2678
Talk about old, that was one of the first combos we did after 3.0 came out.

Top Bottom