• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jacksonville Crew (OWNTU) holdin' it down!!

C-PO

Smash Apprentice
I doubt this is the thread to be talkin about our crew name. we could start this one back up:

http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=115610&page=5

Furthermore, if you pay close attention to how this thread died, it was cody and i trying to pick out a crew name. Now that we have a name (even if temporary) we now have the luxury of moving forward and changing it out our leisure. Everybody that is seriously down for the crew should discuss this in a respectable way because all it's really about is smash and representing jax. At the end of the day it will only be our skills that people have to respect so let's start from there and focus on the tournaments at had. In the mean time we can work out the name business.

btw AMR those are all good team names (i.e. our team is the infamous pimp a ***** slap a hoe) but i ain't gonna be called that!!!! lol

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
i'm in otru's car on my laptop, were about 30 mins away.
don't start without us cody.... tru??

NT reppin CFL baby!

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Jacksonville, FL (UNF) Location: Tavares, FL
Results:

Doubles:
1st A Long Came a Metatru (xYz + Otru)
2nd Team Rapeman Jenkins (Gmoney + C-PO)
3rd Team Redundancy Team (Fearless + Loto)
4th Tom Brokoff (Broke + XOFF)
5th 200% Mindgames (Ansel + Jesus)

Singles:
1st xYz
2nd Gmoney
3rd Loto
4th Otru
5th Fearless
5th Broke
7th C-PO
7th XOFF
9th John
9th Ansel
9th Jesus

I'll post shouts later. Good ****, all! :colorful:

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
Your placing list makes shoutouts pretty easy :p

xYz + OTRU - you guys are cool as hell. those burgers were ****ing good as hell, too. "IM GOING TO ****ING **** YOU"

G Money - Tourney was run really well, good job running it. Our set was fun as hell, too, even if I did get meta'd.

Broke - Was fun playing ur meta over and over and over again.

Jesus - MMIIIINNNDDDGGAAMMMEEESSSS.

Ansel - Watch out! That was the funniest brawl moment ever.

Really cool day, was really nice to play you guys. We'll be back, and see you guys at gigs :)

LozanoGarbanzo

Smash Ace
Orlando(UCF), FL [br] Click my sig, you won't.
Results:

Doubles:
1st A Long Came a Metatru (xYz + Otru)
2nd Team Rapeman Jenkins (Gmoney + C-PO)
3rd Team Redundancy Team (Fearless + Loto)
4th Tom Brokoff (Broke + XOFF)
5th 200% Mindgames (Ansel + Jesus)

Singles:
1st xYz
2nd Gmoney
3rd Loto
4th Otru
5th Fearless
5th Broke
7th C-PO
7th XOFF
9th John
9th Ansel
9th Jesus

I'll post shouts later. Good ****, all! :colorful:

Good **** Geoff. Wish I could have gone.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
Good **** Otru and xYz!!!!!!

holdin it down
thanks buddy. we both won 1st two tournies in a row, let's see if we can get a tie breaker at gigs!!! :p

props to my partner OTRU, he holds it down like none other, for real. II good.

OWNTU: didn't play any matches with you xoff :(, but thanks for having us brah.
Gmoney: sick meta, close 1st set early in the brackets.
c-po:that DDD is nasty, one of the best i've played
BROKE: this dude is nasty for real, his snake gave me a run for my money
jesus is a funny dude. lol

Loto + Fear are too good, they are among the top players in the state. play em.
loto upload dem vids boi! or i'll **** you. (inside joke)

good times, see you all at gigs!

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
maybe i should've jacked a ride to go to this. looks like some awesome players were there :(

XoFF

Smash Journeyman
fun tourney guys, ill be seein yall at gigs next weekend

otru - cant touch mk!!! ggs lol.
ansel - keep workin on that olimar u scared me with it when we played
gmoney - good work bro, way to step it up for us!!
cpo - remember to bring super glue for all the mk players' B buttons next tourney
broke - is broke :p
xyz - yeah does suck, id like to play ur GnW sometime!
jesus - pit has potential, keep playing dude
loto - nice kirby, i think we only played 1 match in singles but ggs either way.
fear - olimarrrr jas;ljfa;slfjd lol. good olimar i just hate the baby in the spacesuit ;p

Mr H is MARIO

Smash Journeyman
I remember playing fear in doubles at gigabits. Him and loto picked Luigis Mansion against me and Preciousrawr. I remember being Up smashed constantly against the wall. And im staring at the screen going, something is definitely not right here. Then i realized i should stop trying to Ftilt olimar and should probably try to DI out of this.

XoFF

Smash Journeyman
OWNTU : we need to vote on what were doing with our name.

Geoff : you said democracy so in order to change the name im looking for 2/3 or greater vote.

My argument is that owntu is already out there, its on gamebattles thx to me and gahtzu, and we just expanded it to jax. its known in the game battles community (MLG) like killer fleet is in NY. I dont see any good coming out of changing the name except for personal opinions.

Also, what about 4xT? Ive used owntu as our hosting name and changing it now would definitely make the tourney look flakey.
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=166894

this tournament has already been posted and check the views on it. it would be a waste to change our name. thats my argument for the name. Geoff you post your reasons, and we will take a vote on what were gonna do considering that was your idea.. "dededemocracy" remember?

Heres our crew list
Yes = wants it changed (5) ; No = doesn't want it changed (9)
Void = Doesn't have an opinion

Xoff - No
C-PO - No
G$ - Yes
broke - void
redd - No
Jason - Yes
Steve - Yes
Loto - No
Fear - yes
jesus - void
andre - Yes
ansel -
SD - No
gahtzu - No
Oryan -
Quorey - No
TBAR -
yoshiguy -
Necro - void
Matt - no
C-RO - no

ShadowDragonG

Smash Cadet
Fear? I think I know Fear. I think he used to come to this cool IRC channel we had.
Hai 2 u Fear! =]

Oh, Hi people! I'm SD. :D
I was just like, adopted into this crew. And it's cool. Because I'm a noob, and I love to noob stuff up. But for real, OWNTU is a great name, especially if this crew can put up a decent fight in competitions and the like.

...Just my 2 cents, though.

XoFF

Smash Journeyman
ill let evryone know if were doing somethign this week, check the 1st post for info on the next thing we do. i always put our plans there. right now were planned for gigs and thats it

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
Fear? I think I know Fear. I think he used to come to this cool IRC channel we had.
Hai 2 u Fear! =]

Oh, Hi people! I'm SD. :D
I was just like, adopted into this crew. And it's cool. Because I'm a noob, and I love to noob stuff up. But for real, OWNTU is a great name, especially if this crew can put up a decent fight in competitions and the like.

...Just my 2 cents, though.
Yeah I remember you, I'm pretty sure we're still added on Wifi, too.

I think we need a new crew name.

Oh, and G$, my guildwars name is Hai Im Fearless.

Loto

Smash Ace
As for the name change, I'm fine with it the way it is. Sounds cool to me and why change it when it has knowlege of the world. I'll post shoutouts when I get home.

Also those melee 2's were fricken fun as hell, gotta love gimping fox, right cody? =)

Gmoney

Smash Ace
Shouts!

Otru: It was cool talking with you. We should definitely do some more Metatru dittos when we can.

xYz: You're the best player I've played so far in Brawl. Those were some fun matches and good learning experiences. You've got to not Dair to death though, heh. :chuckle:

Loto: Thanks for recording those matches and letting us use your laptop. Our matches were too good. That ICs counterpick was great. You should get those two in the lab and start working on that broke chaingrab more. ;) Oh, and stop throwing stuff at me in Melee! :chuckle:

Fearless: You're fearless, right? :laugh: That **** was hilarious! You're a cool dude though. We should sync up in RA sometime in GW and just destroy all the noobs or something... or actually do a GvG. It's been too long...

C-PO: It was good teaming with you again. I made some bad decisions early on, but you pulled through. I think we got a better idea for our counterpicks now. That D3 is getting sick though. We've got to practice the MK matchup.

XOFF: Good stuff pulling this all together. I know some people flaked on us, but it turned out pretty good. I don't think we played any matches until we started up Melee though... By the way, those fox dittos today were too good!

Broke: I agree. He is broke... and diverse. Good **** in the tourney.

Jesus: Don't get discouraged, man. You've got mad potential.

Ansel: You're too funny. Keep working on that Oh-lee-mar.

Garbanzo: You suck for not coming. Mother's Day johns... I'll see you for Gigs, man, for sure. ;)

GameDragonX: It would've been cool to see you and your crew up here too. By the way, I'll call you around Wednesday about housing. Thanks again!

---

By the way, Loto and Fearless, welcome to OWNTU. You guys are mad cool and welcome to come up to Jax anytime for some games or to just chill. I hope to see you both at Gigs.

XoFF

Smash Journeyman
As for the name change, I'm fine with it the way it is. Sounds cool to me and why change it when it has knowlege of the world. I'll post shoutouts when I get home.

Also those melee 2's were fricken fun as hell, gotta love gimping fox, right cody? =)
yet another "b" button to super glue >8D

lol

OTRU...

Smash Champion
mad fun!

xoff: dang ur rob had me on my toes
c-po: dude that match where you came back and spiked me in the end was so sick
gmoney: yo ur mk is mad good, the trunado is too good, propz yo
brandon: dang that was intense in the end
jesus: didnt get to play you but u seem to have a solid pit
loto: ur kirby is pretty good, keep it up
fearless: your pretty smart with dealing with the trunado, I kinda had to stop spamming, KINDA lol

xyz: Propz to getting 1st in both! too good dawg, you held it down in teams xcore son

C-PO

Smash Apprentice
xyz: congrats on winnin you're just a straight up beast. Oh yeah and thanx for getting me (and the rest of us) hooked on melee again. When you left we played...and played...and played.... lol it's still too much fun.

otru: it's super fun playin against you man. Your mk is fierce. I felt pretty good about our set at 1-1 and then smashville happened.....lol

gmoney: good stuff in teams that was great practice for this weekend....assuming we're teaming for that

xoff: how's that marth comin? lol

Jesus: get a wii, stop johns'n, but if you do anything just try to play more. You got butt loads of potential.

PC guys: teams was really fun. Loto you should def get those vids up of the doubles finals. "You're fearless, right?" lol

Broke: you gotta work on that snake as a mk counter. Or maybe just stick with the ditto counter. either way the fact taht....or maybe you could work on that gw. either way the fact that you have those options is sick.

Ansel: i didn't see you play at all, but i know you represented for the 200% mindgames

next time more people should def come, so maybe we can have a more diverse tourney composition (olimars + mk) lol

Gmoney

Smash Ace
I might be down for Manko's. I'm going to be mad busy writing papers for my classes this Summer though. :(

Cody, I'll probably be busy reading some bull**** for class this Wednesday. Hyperbolic time chamber practice mode on Thursday?

Edit: By the way, we should really get some doubles practice in too. Chip and I are going to unleash old man Jenkins on the world.

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
you guys had better come to mine! ^_^

btw, I'm going to be in town on Friday so if anyone wants to smash, that'd be great. I don't know if the game room would be open or not though, so anyone able to host?

Mankosuki

Smash Champion
NNID
Mankosuki
3DS FC
1977-0214-1670
how early on friday? I was meaning like early afternoon.

I doubt I'll be at Gigs as I have other stuff going on this weekend.

Loto

Smash Ace
Yeah...idk when I'll be able to upload these vids...my main computers not working atm and my laptop can't ****ing compress them for some reason. I'll keep working on it though and let you guys know whats going on...also I don't know if can make it for mankos or BB III depends on work. ;p

Top Bottom