• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jab is underutilized

Albert.

Smash Master
Seriously, it sets up so much stuff and can totally throw off other peoples' rhythms very well.

-Discuss-

Also, you all can all suck my d|ck, how's everybody doing?

-Discuss-

Edit: for justice

ScareMl

Smash Journeyman
our ultimate anti-air move, jab works well in the ditto and against other people that need to jump a lot. if they start spacing outside the jab range, jsut f-tilt. the sh ff fair to jab on characters near the ledge takes their second jump and can potentially gimp them if they airdodge. double jab to f-smash works well too. jab regrab can mix things up if they start shielding. i agree, it's a solid move and definitely not used enough. mikehaze utilizes jab the best. that is all.

MasterOfGalaxies

Smash Apprentice
I've found that sometimes the frame advantage on hit with jab isn't enough (or I have bad reactions/decision from jab.) If they approach through the air and you shut them down with a jab hit, what do you do from there? Just move back a little to reset the spacing?

C.J.

Smash Master
Jab 2, DB on hit confirm, if you think they'll shield you can grab, reset to neutral, dtilt landing lag to name a few.

:phone:

Albert.

Smash Master
HI CHAIR! what's up? I don't really remember anything about Smashboards or my post history because I've been spending so much time filling my brain with most important matters.

My "emotion memory" for you is mixed, which I guess means that we used to have "words" but we became friends eventually?

How are you doing?

Lord Chair

Smash Master
what

I never have words with people, people usually have words with me because I'm a daft old fool who is always right and that's always annoying to have to deal with.

Also it's not particularly efficient to talk about relationships in your own thread dedicated to the use of jab. Might as well hit me up on AIM/PM instead if you want your share of my bitterness/cynicism/splendidness/affection/phallus/sunshine.

Albert.

Smash Master
b|tch just cause I'm a white fella doesn't mean I don't love me some chocolate b|tches and chocolatey music

NOVA YOU KN0Ck ME DOWN, YOU KNOCK ME DOWN YOU KNOCK ME DOWN.

EDIT: FER SPELLING.

fox67890

Smash Journeyman
Serious question.

If you untippered fair a shield and they try to shield grab it, could you jab immediately to punish their shield grab? Perhaps it works against tethers (Does oli have a slower grab than normal)?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I think a normal grab will connect, but Oli's grab is slower than most and has no grab armor, so F-air -> jab will beat out his shieldgrab. If he tries to upsmash OOS, I believe you can just barely powershield it.

Top Bottom