• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Izaw(Sheik) vs Haze(Marth) Best of 7 Money Match | WITHOUT COMMENTARY

Izaw

Smash Ace
Well yea, of course Sheik has a hard time killing. I think even though she has a weak killing POWER, I think that most Sheik players have underestimated the killing potential of Sheik. The way of tilting, predicting an airdodge and punishing with Upsmash/Dsmash, Up B in some cases, Grab releases, and most importantly the way she GIMPS and plays offstage. Sheik kills ussually (in my experience atleast) most of the time end up being gimps, not so much kills by sending an opponent flying the right/left of the stage, in some cases upwards cause of the GR kills and Tilt - predict airdodge U smash kills etc.

I'm not saying Sheik is GOOD at killing. I just think Sheik players underestimate her killing POTENTIAL :p. She has just a very unique way of killing compared to other chars.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I think that matters less than most think when she wracks damage like no other (except Diddy or ICs when they get a grab). It evens out when your opponent is like 150% and prone to dying to any of your aerials and they still have you at like 90%.

Kinda like Diddy, just because "he can't kill" doesn't make him entirely bad, his other stats more than compensate.

I also happen to have a match where I live to 200% as sheik loooool, although aside from that little highlight, the match was still pretty bad though :p

but yeah, sheik's lack of survivability makes it a big hurdle, which is why I use her for training, you really have to avoid a lot of damage with her to get good.

My falco after sheik practice (notice the baiting with all the dodging/moving around just baaarely out of the opponent's whiffing range lol):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv5MkWTUmH8&feature=player_embedded

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Sheik's biggest problem is not getting killed. The killing part is more or less normal to any character that doesn't hit like a truck... or an autobùs.

sheikamaru

jive
chars like snake or d3 i'm going for a gimp unless i really wanna kill them then after sending them off stage i'm switching to zelda. else send snake off stage and hopefully he's recovering below or far away high so you can grab him out of his cypher.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Ah, The autobùs. Absolutely classic. It's how you kill most anything lol.

Sheik is amazing at killing when you start landing Usmash consistently. It makes you feel so good when you hit it over and over.

sheikamaru

jive
DACUS!!!! does tipper if executed correctly! i don't try to read ledge hops... most of the time the enemy is doing a get up attack on me lol

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
:)
marth sheik is pretty even I think maybe marths slightly? but that little bit of advantage is lost once you pick up the sticks its really a player versus player match up.

Izaw, iof they have the edge wait for their invul to run out use up B level with the edge of the stage, and aim for the edge. for most of the cast if they are under 100, all of their edge release options will free the ledge for you so you can aim right toward it, saves you a lot of damage and/ or deaths.

loved it though.

EDIT:
oh FTILT USMASH! oh my good need, crazy good punish. can even do it to punish air dodges and the like. learn the percents :(

Top Bottom