• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Izaw(Sheik) vs Haze(Marth) Best of 7 Money Match | WITHOUT COMMENTARY

Izaw

Smash Ace
HOLD ON

Before you get all mad and shiet
I posted this here cause the Sheik boards needs more love and activity.

So first of all. Enjoy the set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-f8314pGC8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hBG0B7ALHI (Without commentary)

And if anyone of you feel like getting active, lets bring up the Marth match up and what it has come to. Ask questions, look for match up advice etc. I've got experience against a lot of Marth, one of them being Mr.R, so if you honestly have trouble with Marth I'd be more than happy to give you advice on where Marth has his blindspots, and how to limit Marths options or even putting Marth in a 0 option situation. Trust me it's NOT 65-35 or even 60-40 between these two as the Marth boards claim. God no. Anyways! Lets just light up the Sheik boards. Cause Sheik really is a HECK of a character.

Oh and I still main Link. Actually I main both Sheik and Link. Although I stopped giving a damn about the Link community cause a HUGE majority of them are immature, ignorant and basically missledd over their character. But what goes on in the Link boards, stays in the Link boards. So lets keep it respectable ;).

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Wow Haze adapted like Night and Day, I thought that was going to be so one-sided.

Then you got him again and punished his whiffs tons, and of course you did work on those gimps. It was literally looking meleefied with all the gimps (both yours and his) going on, lol.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
It's good to see more Sheik players.

But this didn't deserve it's own thread.

Use utilt instead of uair or fair for platform punishes and pressure. It's much safer.

Also....you need to learn how to sweetspot the ledge or cancel the vanish lag if you're going to land on the stage. Pretty entertaining set but both of you are far too aggressive.

Izaw

Smash Ace
No such thing as far too aggressive if it works for the time being and if your aggressive in the right way.

Specially when you've already figured out your opponents playstyle

Also while utilt is more safe to use under platform it is NOT UNpunishable. Using ONLY Utilt would make it predictable in the end and it would get me punished, mixing it up is Always a better option.

Oh and how do I cancel the UpB?

Judo777

Smash Master
HOLD ON

Before you get all mad and shiet
I posted this here cause the Sheik boards needs more love and activity.

So first of all. Enjoy the set.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-f8314pGC8

And if anyone of you feel like getting active, lets bring up the Marth match up and what it has come to. Ask questions, look for match up advice etc. I've got experience against a lot of Marth, one of them being Mr.R, so if you honestly have trouble with Marth I'd be more than happy to give you advice on where Marth has his blindspots, and how to limit Marths options or even putting Marth in a 0 option situation. Trust me it's NOT 65-35 or even 60-40 between these two as the Marth boards claim. God no. Anyways! Lets just light up the Sheik boards. Cause Sheik really is a HECK of a character.

Oh and I still main Link. Actually I main both Sheik and Link. Although I stopped giving a damn about the Link community cause a HUGE majority of them are immature, ignorant and basically missledd over their character. But what goes on in the Link boards, stays in the Link boards. So lets keep it respectable ;).
Everyone is picking up sheik these days we should make t shirts! Also i have said for forever that it was close to even.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Wait, who the hell claimed Marth has a huge advantage against Sheik?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
lol, I just skimmed through a bit of the commentary. Describing a few of Izaw's (admittedly cleanly executed) true combos as "hard reads" and claiming that Marth's early chainthrow-dair spike is a guaranteed KO (it isn't) has me wondering...

EDIT: I also saw Izaw attempting to string bair into bair (like a TRUE SHEIK PLAYER). There are so many times I wish that that combo's, and it looks like it should combo, and then it doesn't combo... :( It even happens in Melee. :(

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah lol, I hate how it juuuuuust has enough lag to get hit out of, although sometimes you can like do retreating bair, then DJ back in with bair for a safe string.

I think the person who was commenting with all the "Sheik is bad" talk was Punishment Divine, lol.

Izaw

Smash Ace
lol, I just skimmed through a bit of the commentary. Describing a few of Izaw's (admittedly cleanly executed) true combos as "hard reads" and claiming that Marth's early chainthrow-dair spike is a guaranteed KO (it isn't) has me wondering...

EDIT: I also saw Izaw attempting to string bair into bair (like a TRUE SHEIK PLAYER). There are so many times I wish that that combo's, and it looks like it should combo, and then it doesn't combo... :( It even happens in Melee. :(
Ahh I know what you mean :p buff Bair :<

Judo777

Smash Master
Wow that was a prime example of a great player (the marth that is) that does NOT know the MU he is playing. I saw very very few dancing blades which is a HUGE part of the MU.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Great matches Izaw. It is good to see Shiek kicking some as-. I was a bit surprised myself Marth didn't use many Dancing Blades either. There were some points that he could've safely done so. Overall that was a great 23 minutes of 2 good players. Good job to you both! =)

Haze~

Smash Journeyman
next time i play this matchup im gonna be walking and db more :)

Izaw

Smash Ace
Hmm.. why walking :O? I'm curious... Isn't it already bad enough that Sheik outspeeds Marth :p ?

Is it cause Marth can't put up his shield right away when he starts to dash?

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Marth's run is pretty bad imo, I land x2 the amount of lucario fsmashes because Marth can't shield until his relatively long dash animation's finished. XD Marth's walk is pretty fast, and while he still is losing mobility, he at least doesn't eat as much from camping.

I'm sure the same thing goes for needles as well.

sheikamaru

jive
Everyone is picking up sheik these days we should make t shirts! Also i have said for forever that it was close to even.
i've been looking for a sheik shirt to wear to tourneys for the longest.... i don't want a triforce.

it could have been if he edgeguarded.

indeed.
You also claim that Sheik ***** Peach 80-20, so I don't believe you say what you think.
lmao haha!!!!!! oh the troubles of tiers..
next time i play this matchup im gonna be walking and db more :)
yea guy. you should switch to sheik :D you saw how awsome izaw played ^^

Izaw

Smash Ace
Oh wow no way. IC is easly more gay than Marth :p. I mean sure you can screw over IC with needle gimps and what not easly but .. On stage.. It's pain in the ***.. and boring.

sheikamaru

jive
what's your opinion on the marth though? some people are saying there's some stuff he wasn't doing right like more use of side b? or up in sheiks tilts? i wanna see like something where both chars know each others char well like.. sheiks know to ps marths attacks and marths know to up b when jabbd or smashed.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
There are a lot of things both Sheik and Marth can do to each other. Marth moreso than Sheik. The matchup more or less boils down to the fact that both can punish each other's mistakes fairly well, but Marth's range lets him actually capitalize on a mistake more easily.

Izaw

Smash Ace
Yes, as Ankoky said, they can both punish each other well, although Sheik has a sliiightly harder time dealing with it and reacting to it than Marth, the match up btw imo 55/45. It would have been 50/50 it Marth DID NOT have his UP B. Although ppl say he could had Side B / UP B more, i doubt that it would change too much. Side B is punishable with Nair at any strike, and UP B is risky if the Sheik knows how Marth players use it and how to punish it.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Side+B is one of Marth's most reliable damage-based punishers, and Up+B cuts down a lot of Sheik's pressure options, though. They'd definitely force you to play differently, if nothing else.

Izaw

Smash Ace
Yes exactly. In the end the Marth player will also have to adapt and start using UP B in a smart way, rather than using it directly when he gets tilted /cause the Sheik can always start holding her sheild up after a tilt or two, and if the Marth DOES up B punish with Usmash, if he DOESNT UP B Grab him OR FULL hop a Nair which you then space away from the Marth, which Marth can't punish . And also UP B'ing the Sheik , when the Sheik is at 0% is just a bad choice too, the Marth will get punished.

Also Haze has played , just like I have and just like the commentators mention, this match up just as much as me (around 2000 times lol) so he is as experience as me in this Sheik - Marth match up. He knows what he's doing most of the time.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I dunno, I'd agree that it was definitely solid play all around, but I'm not sure how much of it was matchup-specific.

Judo777

Smash Master
Yes, as Ankoky said, they can both punish each other well, although Sheik has a sliiightly harder time dealing with it and reacting to it than Marth, the match up btw imo 55/45. It would have been 50/50 it Marth DID NOT have his UP B. Although ppl say he could had Side B / UP B more, i doubt that it would change too much. Side B is punishable with Nair at any strike, and UP B is risky if the Sheik knows how Marth players use it and how to punish it.
Nair only punishes side B if the marth uses it RIGHT on top of you or not at max range which he shouldn't be doing. Also most of the time nair trades with side B, and sheik loses every trade.

Izaw

Smash Ace
Sheik doesn't loose every trade. It depends on the %. And no Marth is perfect, it can happen that a Marth messes up the spacing of a Side B cause he though he had enough time punishing something. Good to know then that Nair is an option, along with Dsmash.

sheikamaru

jive
dsmash is always an option.. just not against sheilding opponents.

the gays shiz that happened to me in a tourney one time? i dsmashed on a snake that spot dodged every hit...... there's only 3 hits and he dodged all of em!! T-T... c'mon!!! up tilt ftl >.>

Judo777

Smash Master
Sheik doesn't loose every trade. It depends on the %. And no Marth is perfect, it can happen that a Marth messes up the spacing of a Side B cause he though he had enough time punishing something. Good to know then that Nair is an option, along with Dsmash.
Oh I know he not perfect and although its pretty easy to space right (since the range window is pretty big) I have always said nair Oos is one of our best options against DB if we don't have enough shield to block it all cause its at least an option and we might trade. But most of the time if marth DB's and we dont have enough shield to block it all its pretty free damage for marth. Thats why its most of the MU for him.

And unless our trade kills the opponent..... we lose the trade. Sheik is probably the lowest character in the game if you were to compare suvivability over ability to kill on every char (DK and Snake being at the top not in that order specifically). We are VERY light and are probably the worst char in the game at killing. Sheik loses (just about) every trade she makes (obvious exceptions being like large swings in damage for instance trading needle storm for a single laser). If we both take about the same damage we typically lost.

Top Bottom