• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iwantgames Projects: Ultimate

interested in an optimized HW OoT Link: images on post #534

• yes

Votes: 36 76.6%
  • no

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TSW

Smash Rookie
Alright, I played a looot of four player matches on the Wii, and there was virtually no lag. Every now and then there would the tiniest bit, but it's not noticeable unless you're looking for it. That also holds true when playing with four Zeldas: very, very small but not really noticeable. It did start chugging with four Ice Climbers, but that's kind of expected with four of those guys.

Collisions and blast zones felt ay-okay to me, but I'm a casual player so I don't really know what's what when it comes to blast zone placement. Item spawns and respawn points were all fine as well.

Visually, it looked really good, but it also felt a little flat at the same time. It might benefit from some more dynamic lighting: more shadows/shading, glows from the torches, etc. I hope that's not rude of me to say, since you've put a lot of effort into this already. Plus I don't really know about stage lighting, so I probably don't even know what I'm talking about.

If you plan on doing platformed versions, I think a Smashville-style platform would suit the stage really really well, even if it's not the most original platform layout. Overall, I really enjoyed playing on it, terrific stage!

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Alright, I played a looot of four player matches on the Wii, and there was virtually no lag. Every now and then there would the tiniest bit, but it's not noticeable unless you're looking for it. That also holds true when playing with four Zeldas: very, very small but not really noticeable. It did start chugging with four Ice Climbers, but that's kind of expected with four of those guys.

Collisions and blast zones felt ay-okay to me, but I'm a casual player so I don't really know what's what when it comes to blast zone placement. Item spawns and respawn points were all fine as well.

If you plan on doing platformed versions, I think a Smashville-style platform would suit the stage really really well, even if it's not the most original platform layout. Overall, I really enjoyed playing on it, terrific stage!
alright, thanks for the feedback.

Visually, it looked really good, but it also felt a little flat at the same time. It might benefit from some more dynamic lighting: more shadows/shading, glows from the torches, etc. I hope that's not rude of me to say, since you've put a lot of effort into this already. Plus I don't really know about stage lighting, so I probably don't even know what I'm talking about.
nah it's ok, I kinda had the same thought(s). just not experienced enough to make it exactly how I want. i'll brighten the lights a little, try to add illuminations for torches(already added glow), and take the stage back into max to try and add some shadows.

again, thanks for the feedback

McMarth

Smash Cadet
I have been testing out the stage and agree with TSW's thoughts. In addition to the torches having a glow, I also think it would be aesthetically pleasing to add two to the main platform. I'm not sure how possible that would be, though.

And thank you! You've done such a fantastic job. This stage will always be in my build. :)

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
I have been testing out the stage and agree with TSW's thoughts. In addition to the torches having a glow, I also think it would be aesthetically pleasing to add two to the main platform. I'm not sure how possible that would be, though.

And thank you! You've done such a fantastic job. This stage will always be in my build. :)
thanks for the feedback

there wasn't torches on the main platform? I thought I included it in the uploaded version. I know it's on my current version but I thought it was also on the one I uploaded as well.

Also, Hyrule Warriors Link was updated. Large Leader fixed the hat problem during pm's melee taunt. So for those of you who use that taunt or taunts in general you can download that fix.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=208097

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
I can't believe project m just did this

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CK8-QqlWsAAthG3.jpg:large

you still gonna finish yours.
finished talking with @Taiko (the one who's doing the texture work) and we decided not to continue him for brawl, the reason for importing it into brawl was because it didn't exist. since pm made one we'll continue him for our portfolios, which was our original goal. Brawl was just something extra we would have done for him.

NFMLH2

Smash Apprentice
Quick question, Iwantgames. Why doesn't Samus have any CSP and BP? Are you still creating them? Thanks for the response.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Hey iwantgames! I absolutely love your work! I've been adding all of your skins to my build this week. Sorry about Roy :/ Quick question:

Have you ever considered doing Hyrule Warriors Zelda? There isn't even close to a good skin out there in her style yet and it's my favorite Zelda design ever. I would love to see her in Smash!

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Quick question, Iwantgames. Why doesn't Samus have any CSP and BP? Are you still creating them? Thanks for the response.
I don't make those yet but @Codex made some: Project M - Codex Re-Build [PREVIEW] - In 3.6 Works Edition [JULY 5th UPDATE]

Hey iwantgames! I absolutely love your work! I've been adding all of your skins to my build this week. Sorry about Roy :/ Quick question:

Have you ever considered doing Hyrule Warriors Zelda? There isn't even close to a good skin out there in her style yet and it's my favorite Zelda design ever. I would love to see her in Smash!
thanks, all of my projects are in the OP.

lowbro

Smash Cadet
That sucks about roy, but it's cool that you're doing the model itself still.
Will the model/textures be available when done to people who want to try and import it for themselves?

Flambo237

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flambo237
finished talking with @Taiko (the one who's doing the texture work) and we decided not to continue him for brawl, the reason for importing it into brawl was because it didn't exist. since pm made one we'll continue him for our portfolios, which was our original goal. Brawl was just something extra we would have done for him.
cool, I guess on the plus side that's one more thing you don't need to do, importing that is.

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
That sucks about roy, but it's cool that you're doing the model itself still.
Will the model/textures be available when done to people who want to try and import it for themselves?
most likely not, since I am no longer making it for brawl I am not limited by poly count. so I can make him as high poly and detailed as I want. so unless someone is really dedicated to getting this costume into brawl, The chances of getting this model imported is low.

Oh wow yeah!! How did I not see that? Can't wait!
yeah, a lot of people no longer read the OP

cool, I guess on the plus side that's one more thing you don't need to do, importing that is.
yup

Also, I might as well post some progress related news:

Awakening Marth - since nobody else saw anything wrong I will go ahead finish him

Hyrule Castle (Wind Waker) - kinda restarting it, I was able to get the model extracted with its vertex colors so that it will look less flat like you guys mentioned. I was also able to get the Wind Waker HD textures to use with the stage. both thanks to DSX8.

Sonic link DLC - continued him awhile ago. just got some rig touch up and moving around the expressions and he's done

Here are Pics of 2 of the 3:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
As u all can tell my motivation for brawl modding is fading. however, all the mods that I have promised I will complete. when they will be completed, idk.

anyway, I started another of my projects for easier transitions

these are the only costumes that are fixed. not ready for brawl, but fixed meshes. OoT still needs a minor touch up on the back of the hair, but I fixed everything else.

I used the DA fixed hero zelda cause i don't have the motivation to fix it myself anymore.

the only costume left to fix is twilight princess zelda

will be releasing Awakening Marth tomorrow

Obskore

Smash Ace
ZELDA HYPE!
i've never played Hyrule Warriors, but did they nail such a nice design for Zelda. it's like seeing Roy's design in Smash 4, it's so good :D

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
As u all can tell my motivation for brawl modding is fading. however, all the mods that I have promised I will complete. when they will be completed, idk.

anyway, I started another of my projects for easier transitions

these are the only costumes that are fixed. not ready for brawl, but fixed meshes. OoT still needs a minor touch up on the back of the hair, but I fixed everything else.

I used the DA fixed hero zelda cause i don't have the motivation to fix it myself anymore.

the only costume left to fix is twilight princess zelda

will be releasing Awakening Marth tomorrow
BRUUUUUUH. Those Zelda's look incredible! I can't freaking wait! I may even replace my current Skyloft Zelda. Keep up the good work and don't get burnt out! Work at your own pace. :)

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
ZELDA HYPE!
i've never played Hyrule Warriors, but did they nail such a nice design for Zelda. it's like seeing Roy's design in Smash 4, it's so good :D
yeah, especially cause of boobs......... boots. I meant boots, they look really nice. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Wow :O SO looking foward to this!
u and a lot of others

In the event that your motivation comes full-stop, would you give them to another experienced modeler to rig?
no, I plan on finishing what I started. don't want to be one of those people who leave with their mods. I also like to keep me promises.

BRUUUUUUH. Those Zelda's look incredible! I can't freaking wait! I may even replace my current Skyloft Zelda. Keep up the good work and don't get burnt out! Work at your own pace. :)
thanks and I will.

marth is done, just need to make a quick render and I will upload him. unless someone posts I will double post with release.

no, I plan on finishing what I started. don't want to be one of those people who leave with their mods. I also like to keep me promises.
Awakening Marth looks tremendous. So subtle, yet well done. ^That being said, does this mean Hyrule Warriors Ganon is open for anyone else to take a crack at? Of all the things I left slots for on my finished build, HW Ganon is the most anticipated (next to Mantsta8's Kumatora). Dont worry, I remember you mentioning what a pain in the ass he was to work with.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
thank you based iwg
thanks, glad you like it

Awakening Marth looks tremendous. So subtle, yet well done. ^That being said, does this mean Hyrule Warriors Ganon is open for anyone else to take a crack at? Of all the things I left slots for on my finished build, HW Ganon is the most anticipated (next to Mantsta8's Kumatora). Dont worry, I remember you mentioning what a pain in the *** he was to work with.
thanks

@HW Ganon - anyone can do any of the projects I said that I would do. If they do it before me it's just one less project for me to do. I don't think anyone will do it though, atm everyone is more interested in back-porting smash U models. there was only one other person that submitted HW imports and I haven't seen anything from him in awhile.

also, I removed lucina's emblem from the main texture but forgot to remove it from the spec texture. So it still shows up on the cape, the file below is to get rid of it for good. when replacing the tunic spec texture in the pac/pcs file don't forget to make the new spec texture the same size as the old spec texture or it might freeze. he's pretty close to reaching the filesize limit.

for those who don't know how or can't replace textures, I will let you know when I updated the pac/pcs so you can just re-download the main entry.

Attachments

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
As long as we get a good HW Ganondorf I don't really mind who it comes from. I'd trust iwantgames to do something good based on his previous work though.

Also looking forward to Sheik and Zelda.

Juken

Smash Ace
All this talk about the other HW characters and I'm still hyping myself up for the HW Fierce Deity Link release...

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
As long as we get a good HW Ganondorf I don't really mind who it comes from. I'd trust iwantgames to do something good based on his previous work though.

Also looking forward to Sheik and Zelda.
thanks, sheik should be done soon
All this talk about the other HW characters and I'm still hyping myself up for the HW Fierce Deity Link release...
I forgot about him, I may have found a way around the main reason I stopped working on him. if sheik works properly then i can continue deity soon.

also, to fix sheik's lack of costumes problem i decided to make a brawl/TP alt. it'll go with Zelda's and Link's TP alt and it gives her an alt with more recolors. after i finish vertexing the brawl model to fix HW sheiks proportions i just need to edit the textures and rig her Hero and OoT costumes. After that she will be done.

This isnt a request for you to do this so much as an attempt to raise awareness and get people to want this as badly as I want this:
A proper Demise import.

We have 3 of them on the vault and they're all varying shades of lacking. Then again, you spoil us IWG. ;)

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
This isnt a request for you to do this so much as an attempt to raise awareness and get people to want this as badly as I want this:
A proper Demise import.
We have 3 of them on the vault and they're all varying shades of lacking. Then again, you spoil us IWG. ;)
I never noticed til that close-up pic that he had earrings.

Mewphelis

Smash Apprentice
I never noticed it until you pointed it out! I can't believe I missed something like that. Also, I'm SO hyped for all the Hyrule Warriors outfits/costumes! They look insanely good just like everything else you've made.

I wonder if a texture pattern like that is difficult to implement. His hair is animated as well, I know, but for our purposes, a single scrolling texture pattern+glow effect would do the trick. We already can do his face/body pattern (a la Dry Bowser's shell/Charizard X's flame), we'd need it to be black is all. Or even an overlay texture that changes transparency would do the trick.

Edit: Program recently posted about being able to have two spec maps over a single texture. Making the hair a solid yellow and alternating orange/red flame patterned specs would maybe look right, but it wouldn't capture the flame look without some kind of scrolling. I'm just musing away here, dont mind me. :demon:

Last edited:
Top Bottom