• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iwantgames Projects: Ultimate

interested in an optimized HW OoT Link: images on post #534

• yes

Votes: 36 76.6%
  • no

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
I never noticed it until you pointed it out! I can't believe I missed something like that. Also, I'm SO hyped for all the Hyrule Warriors outfits/costumes! They look insanely good just like everything else you've made.
glad i'm not the only one who over looked that, and thanks

I wonder if a texture pattern like that is difficult to implement. His hair is animated as well, I know, but for our purposes, a single scrolling texture pattern+glow effect would do the trick. We already can do his face/body pattern (a la Dry Bowser's shell/Charizard X's flame), we'd need it to be black is all. Or even an overlay texture that changes transparency would do the trick.

Edit: Program recently posted about being able to have two spec maps over a single texture. Making the hair a solid yellow and alternating orange/red flame patterned specs would maybe look right, but it wouldn't capture the flame look without some kind of scrolling. I'm just musing away here, dont mind me. :demon:
DSX8 tried to revamp his old Demise import with the proper animated textures and stuff and it crashed. So I am not sure if a proper Demise is possible. Then again he doesn't optimize, so maybe it could be possible with the proper optimizations. idk

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
oh, atm I am working on HW sheik and HW Zelda. won't release either until both are done though, cause transforming characters.

I am working on these to while I wait on someone to finish up some young link texture stuff. if the texture edit aren't done by the time I finish Sheik and Zelda then i'll probably attempt the texture edits myself. me working on these two will give the guy way more than enough time to finish the textures

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Okay, cool! I look forward to all three of those. Do you know what's on the agenda afterwards? I really like pretty much everything you're gonna make, so...

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
thanks

i'll probably finish up the HW imports(exception of ganon) by heading back to link to finish up his last few costumes (postman, deity, classic)

then to other m samus and zss cause young samus is another most wanted character/costum that has yet to be imported

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
If I might ask, what's going on with HW Ganon? He seems to be the most wanted model (for me too) but I know he may be pretty difficult.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
hoping that by the time i get to him the script for ripping the HW models will have been updated with the cloth/mesh fix so that I don't have to remake his hair. his hair is the main reason I have yet to work on him, I don't mind remaking the other parts.

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
hoping that by the time i get to him the script for ripping the HW models will have been updated with the cloth/mesh fix so that I don't have to remake his hair. his hair is the main reason I have yet to work on him, I don't mind remaking the other parts.
Oh, I see. I had no idea. Best of luck!

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
I agree

also, I finished re-UVing sheik's last alt costume and now all of her costumes just need rigging. since I haven't showed any pic progress in awhile here is the costume:

I know it's just brawl model with HW head/hands but it's the only thing I have to show atm. textures have been slightly enhanced because they are on a larger dimension. Other changes are a more HW-like waist depth(brawl's be skinny) and OoT styled hand textures(too lazy to retexture like brawl).

As a result of moving the textures to HW dimension brawl recolors are no longer compatible(need to be remade). this was the only way to get her under the filesize limit while giving her a texture setup like our HW link import. (costume only requires 8 textures instead of 14 now)

costume slots for Zelda/Sheik:

00 - default / default
01 - custom HW red / custom HW red
02 - custom HW green / custom HW green
03 - HW blue / custom HW blue
04 - HW hilda / HW purple
05 - custom HW dark / custom HW dark
XX - OoT DLC / OoT DLC
XX - Twilight DLC / Brawl(Twilight) alt
XX - ilia DLC / Brawl(Twilight) alt recolor
XX - Skyward Sword DLC / HW impa recolor

Last edited:

LnktheWolf

Smash Rookie
DSX8 tried to revamp his old Demise import with the proper animated textures and stuff and it crashed. So I am not sure if a proper Demise is possible. Then again he doesn't optimize, so maybe it could be possible with the proper optimizations. idk
Would it be possible to do it material style like how the PMDT (I think it was specifically Theytah) did the Meta Knight alt costume's sword?

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Would it be possible to do it material style like how the PMDT (I think it was specifically Theytah) did the Meta Knight alt costume's sword?
idk, I don't do advanced material/shader stuff. Also don't know what you are talking about, I haven't seen alt meta knight's sword.

twilight Zelda fixed:

All of sheik's model work is done, so I decided to continue fixing Zelda's costumes. my plan is to do all the model work first so that rigging is the only thing left for both characters.

all that's left before i can start rigging is: finish fixing OoT Zelda hair, add legs under all of Zelda dresses, and optimize default HW Zelda.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
HW Zelda doesnt have any legs under her model? lmao

Also, the Sheik alt for Skyward Sword, can you import some of Impa's elements? Like this mod http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=205922
their reason for not having them is justified. the bottom of the dress is actually capped, so legs aren't needed. that and i don't think you can really see under her dress in HW. I'm just making the models like brawl Zelda's model cause having capped polys will cause clipping with brawl animations.

@SS_sheik - I actually thought about doing that but with a different design, i was actual thinking of mixing SS Impa and HW impa designs with sheik. i stopped because i would have to do the same thing i did with sheik's brawl/TP alt.

But i guess i'll do it now. transforming from SS Zelda to HW Sheik's recolor would feel off, both should give off that SS feel and not just one. You got lucky with this suggestion/request. :p

it shouldn't take long to make the costume will post later today with the final result.

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
their reason for not having them is justified. the bottom of the dress is actually capped, so legs aren't needed. that and i don't think you can really see under her dress in HW. I'm just making the models like brawl Zelda's model cause having capped polys will cause clipping with brawl animations.

@SS_sheik - I actually thought about doing that but with a different design, i was actual thinking of mixing SS Impa and HW impa designs with sheik. i stopped because i would have to do the same thing i did with sheik's brawl/TP alt.

But i guess i'll do it now. transforming from SS Zelda to HW Sheik's recolor would feel off, both should give off that SS feel and not just one. You got lucky with this suggestion/request. :p

it shouldn't take long to make the costume will post later today with the final result.
Dang. You are a champ. I can't wait to see all this hard work pay off.

For some reason, the Demise imports have like 2800 faces on the belt alone, while the body is 3700 and the face/robe dont even make it to 1000. Completely unnecessary, if someone can downgrade the belt, I guarantee you we can use 512x512 textures on the body with no issues (the file size is less than PMs OOT Ganondorf).
If we can rig the robe as a cape, it will be a very sexy looking import. I cant help but feel it might need a Fitmotion though, but I'd love to be wrong.

Bope

Smash Rookie
I loved your Hyrule Warriors Link stuff!!! I wanted to ask though, do you plan on importing Lana at some point?

If not, is it because you aren't interested or don't have a model or something? If it's the latter I have a working model I can provide,

I'd import her myself but I've been at it for months now and can't seem to get it... Also for some reason 3ds Max closes whenever I try to rotate a bone. :/

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
@Demise_stuff - I hope you guys aren't still talking about him cause u want me to make the proper one. I haven't learned what's needed to do a proper demise and probably won't bother because none of my projects need what he needs.

Dang. You are a champ. I can't wait to see all this hard work pay off.
sorry, reason why below
I loved your Hyrule Warriors Link stuff!!! I wanted to ask though, do you plan on importing Lana at some point?

If not, is it because you aren't interested or don't have a model or something? If it's the latter I have a working model I can provide,

I'd import her myself but I've been at it for months now and can't seem to get it... Also for some reason 3ds Max closes whenever I try to rotate a bone. :/
thanks and most likely no. reason below.

hey guys I decided not to do the skyward sword sheik. I may do it in the future but atm I can't really think of a good concept for it. so I will be sticking with the slot/recolor that I originally planned. sorry to those who was looking forward to another SS sheik costume.

after I finish up my projects I will be done with solo brawl modding. only way I will do something else is if I am working in a group. a lot of the stuff that I decided to take up as my projects needed a lot of work because of the poly count. this can be overwhelming and de-motivating. working with others helps speed up the process before your motivation decreases, or something like that (my grammar and wording may be off cause it's too late/early, idk).

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
hey guys I decided not to do the skyward sword sheik. I may do it in the future but atm I can't really think of a good concept for it. so I will be sticking with the slot/recolor that I originally planned. sorry to those who was looking forward to another SS sheik costume.

after I finish up my projects I will be done with solo brawl modding. only way I will do something else is if I am working in a group. a lot of the stuff that I decided to take up as my projects needed a lot of work because of the poly count. this can be overwhelming and de-motivating. working with others helps speed up the process before your motivation decreases, or something like that (my grammar and wording may be off cause it's too late/early, idk).
:( I'm not worried about the SS Shiek, because I've already got my own alts for that and whatever you have a lot you're working on. I'm just bummed to hear that you'll be dropping Brawl modding. Seems like we've been losing a lot of folks lately... Hopefully you'll be able to find somebody to help you out. Hell, I would if I knew anything about how to do it well. Well either way, thank you for all that you're doing. I hope that when your current projects are completed, you're able to get some well deserved rest and maybe come back to it someday. Either way thank you!

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
thank u for your kind words and the offer.

Also, I have an additional project. when I first announced him he got some positive comments, but that was a year ago. so i'm not sure if he will be a popular import now. I haven't worked on him cause I lost him when my pc crashed last year(BSOD). that and I couldn't get him to work in pm(high poly model with high texture dimensions) back then. but now that I know about optimizing, I managed to get the 41k model within brawl's limits(17k-18k), with expressions. that being said HW Ganondorf and HW Zelda are possible to get working in brawl.

anyway here is the character

again, he may not be as popular as he was when I started him a year and some months ago(he had a popular psa back then). so if u no like him or don't care u can bring something else up.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
from the silence you guys will be glad to know that I stopped work on deadpool. he's pretty much done, it's just that pm's filesize for snake is anal. so i'll probably release it as a vbrawl mod only. with pm I don't even think I can add specs, can only have his original textures at a crappy quality.

anyway, i'm back to optimizing HW zelda. I should be done optimizing later this week, back in classes tomorrow

NXero

Smash Apprentice
So I return after a couple months and see that you finally decided to finish HW Sheik, and she comes with HW Zelda at the same time!? Now all I need is a voice pack for HW Sheik.

Thanks IWG! Time to swap my main and secondary characters, goodbye Ness!

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
So I return after a couple months and see that you finally decided to finish HW Sheik, and she comes with HW Zelda at the same time!? Now all I need is a voice pack for HW Sheik.

Thanks IWG! Time to swap my main and secondary characters, goodbye Ness!
thanks and np

forgot to let u guys know that I have more classes than I did last semester. so I am a bit busy atm and have even less time than before.

Frozn~

Smash Apprentice
Take your time IWG. The classes are more important anyway and you focus so much on quality. I can wait for perfection :)

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, your education comes first. Everybody will still be psyched when HW Shiek and Zelda get released, whenever that happens to be.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
[sarcasm]Pfffft, degrees aren't nearly as important as plopping stuff from one game into a game that's seven years old![/sarcasm]

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Take your time IWG. The classes are more important anyway and you focus so much on quality. I can wait for perfection :)
Yeah, your education comes first. Everybody will still be psyched when HW Shiek and Zelda get released, whenever that happens to be.
[sarcasm]Pfffft, degrees aren't nearly as important as plopping stuff from one game into a game that's seven years old![/sarcasm]
really hope that you are being sarcastic.

Anyway, thank u guys 4 understanding. I should have some free time this weekend if I can get this program to install for me class.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
someone told me that he was going to do some texturing for me, it's apparent now that he's not going to do them. so whenever I feel like learning to texture he'll have some progress.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
someone told me that he was going to do some texturing for me, it's apparent now that he's not going to do them. so whenever I feel like learning to texture he'll have some progress.
Texturing - the only thing more painful than rigging. Probably. Maybe.

Hoth'Raka

Smash Rookie
Any chance we could get some CSPs for Awakening Marth? I recently installed the Brawl Lucina mod over Marth(Only tried it with PM3.6 so far) but it glitches out(exactly one frame during the landing after up+b causes her to explode, its really weird), so I'd like to try this. I just really like the recolors and would be more than happy to have them over Marth instead of Lucina. I suppose I could use the short hair no mask Lucina CSPs but they're not quite the same. Thanks in advance!

Top Bottom