• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iwantgames Projects: Ultimate

interested in an optimized HW OoT Link: images on post #534

• yes

Votes: 36 76.6%
  • no

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Just to say, iwantgames, I love your work, especially the process to become that itself. Its very inspirational as I want to become a animator and creating my own digital characters. Hope all goes well with your schooling!
sorry my reply to this comment is late, a comment like this shouldn't have taken this long to respond to. thank you for your kind words and I too wish you the best of luck with your animations and digital characters. hope to see some of your content someday.

also, your comment is the only reason I am posting.

After you release the new Zelda skins can you or anyone who reads this make a Marth pac. with the HW Zelda costume?
unfortunately, I won't be the one to do it.

So uh.....

Now that Project M is gone, and I know you said you wouldn't continue Awakening Roy....
Any second thoughts?

Edit: I would also like to add that even with the leak of the first Awakening Roy costume presented by PM, I think yours greatly outmatches theirs even when unfinished. No harm in not taking up the task however. Just wanted to bring to light a newfound purpose to continue the costume.
thanks for the complement

it's very unfortunate that pm roy isn't good enough for you, but that's not meh problem. They did the best they could with the limited engine that they had to work on. what i showed off looks better because it was higher poly. if mine final result looked better it would be because i was gonna start with a higher poly model and optimized it.

again the costume is still being continued, just not for brawl. I am using it for me portfolio

PM wont be further patched or continued, but its not done. We just have to stick with 3.6 like how all melee players stick with melee as is.
I no play pm, just nice enough to make sure my mods worked with it.

Isn't much progress to mention, been busy with college and catching up on games that I missed out on currently playing the prime trilogy.

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames

Sonic Lost World Link DLC update is done: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204825

I Think he deserved an update because he was featured in a few videos, featured on KCMM blog, and is one of my most downloaded mods. He has everything that he had before as well as some additional stuff and rigging improvements. so if you downloaded it before and want to re-download it you can.

I'm done with college atm, so I have some time for modding. Next I will finish importing the other m models, lower poly so it shouldn't take too long to finish. Afterwards I will continue the HW models cuz they require the most work.

Juken

Smash Ace
Haven't really been following this thread but I know that the OP is sometimes not updated.

Were any of the HW characters completed after Link?

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
with the exception of the recent sonic update the OP is updated, i haven't done much recently cuz college. wasn't able to complete anything, just make minor progress.

As for the OP, Top left of the OP has a date for the last time it was updated. Under the title is a section called updates which give the date for a recent mod release/update. Bottom has released mods, if it's not in the update or released section then it's not done.

As for the HW characters, i'm learning something so that i can complete young link, Zelda needs a little more optimization(she's the one I've been making minor progress on during college), rigging, and expressions. Sheik needs expressions and rigging. Ganon needs everything

i updated the OP after this post so if u need to look to see wuts going on u can

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Still waiting for HW Sheik. Take your time man, I'm sure it will be worth it!

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
thanks, When I return to the HW cast i'll start with young link first, he is further along then all of them. after that i'll go back to Zelda and Sheik. I'll probably do individual releases instead of a group release like I said I would for Zelda/Sheik. Reason being Sheik is further along then Zelda, I was trying to get Zelda within a reasonable poly limit before continuing Sheik.

that being said, zss and young samus are pretty much done. already got them vertexed to fit zss brawl proportions. Just need to fix up a few areas, re-UV some stuff, make expressions, and rig. should have that stuff done tonight/tomorrow morning.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
boobs and butt progress pics zero suit samus and young samus progress pics

hopefully the heads are okay in size, last time I kept them the original size people didn't like it because it was too small. This time I made it about the same as brawl zss head.

anyway, all that's left is optimizing, expressions, and rigging. it's taking awhile to optimize cuz I didn't realize young samus was 35k in poly. got her to about 23k since this evening. Zero Suit on the other hand is fine, she is about 15k poly.

NXero

Smash Apprentice
Wasn't there a Young ZSS too? Either way, good job. I'll use the second one as an alt, still not sure if I want SSB4 or Other M ZSS

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
thanks and yes, there is a young zss. she will be made after I optimize and make facial expressions for young samus and zss. young zss will use young samus head/hair, zss body, and some custom modeling.

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
other M young samus is one of the most exciting releases youve been working on, she looks awesome!!!!!

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
thanks mini soccer dinosaur, I just need to get rid of 5k and then I am done with optimizations. after that young samus will have a similar poly count to zss. Then i'll move on to expressions, create the young zss alt, optimize that costume some, and then rig all the costumes. unless I decide to take a lazy, sm4sh, or Metroid trilogy break I should be done in a few days

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
will share some in game pics of young samus later today. just need to clean up some normals, beta rig her, and finish spec textures. it's 1 in the morning so i'm gonna get some rest

i'm gonna ask someone to lag test her, if they don't feel like it or is too busy then I'll link her here for lag testing.

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames

Everything is pretty much in the beta stage. gotta fix some normals that I thought I fixed, get rid of the weird shading on her, complete spec textures, and fix the rig. not sure about lag, want to get her done before lag testing can be done.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
I was indirectly asked to do this multiple times, all that's left is texture stuff and rigging the tunic, body, hat, hair, gauntlets, and gloves

there is a poll for him, atm his poly count is similar to that of the other links in the HW link pack maybe even higher. this is without optimizations. i'm not interested in optimizing him cuz he wasn't a planned project. if you would like to enjoy this mod with less lag then he will be released with. then vote in the poll. depending on the outcome of the poll I may optimize him.

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
Honestly I feel that the PMDT did a great job on OoT Link already so this feels unnecessary. It's a great model and all but I don't see much value in it now.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
I don't either, but when it's brought up the number of times that it was then you have no choice but too. not as in popularity by multiple people but constant pestering by one, if you know what I mean.

probably wanted it cuz the original HW one wasn't cutting it, that or they just like HW link face

Been working on smash 3 stuff for the past couple of day, so I'm going to work on young samus today to give the poll a few hours. will have progress on her at the end of those few hours, might even have her completed. BTW those of you are interested in him, his quality depends on the poll. So speak now or forever hold your peace, cuz I for one don't care for the mod.

Last edited:

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
I don't either, but when it's brought up the number of times that it was then you have no choice but too. not as in popularity by multiple people but constant pestering by one, if you know what I mean.

probably wanted it cuz the original HW one wasn't cutting it, that or they just like HW link face

Been working on smash 3 stuff for the past couple of day, so I'm going to work on young samus today to give the poll a few hours. will have progress on her at the end of those few hours, might even have her completed. BTW those of you are interested in him, his quality depends on the poll. So speak now or forever hold your peace, cuz I for one don't care for the mod.
If one person's bothering you for it, don't even bother man. If ever it's gonna be released, it'll be released when YOU'RE good and ready. Some people needa learn how to chilllll

Of course if you still wanna do the poll that's totally your call. :o

Last edited:

PseudoTypical

Smash Lord
If one person's bothering you for it, don't even bother man. If ever it's gonna be released, it'll be released when YOU'RE good and ready. Some people needa learn how to chilllll

Of course if you still wanna do the poll that's totally your call. :o
This, you're your own person and they've gotta understand that you should only work on stuff that you're okay with doing. If you wanna do it, that's your choice, but someone pressuring you isn't right

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
well, whenever i'm online:

???????: hey
me: hey
???????: blahblahblah link
me: ;~; ok

i'm to nice to say what I wanna, taiko even told me that when I told him I was taking a quick break from smash 3 to work on link. i'm also too nice to block people or ignore them. just look at my avy

Last edited:

MordhauDerk

Smash Cadet
This is awesome work. Idk if you've been asked before in this thread, but what software are you using to create these models & textures?
Where'd you pick up these awesome skills?

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
thanks, I use 3ds max for model related things, gimp/photoshop for texturing(more familiar gimp). I learned from tutorials on brawl vault, help threads on brawl vault, replies I see where people were helping others, and i'm somewhat of a quick learner when it comes to things I like.

everything used on this model came from HW, models/textures. all I did for this mod was vertexing those things from young link and deity link to fit OoT link.

also, when I said that taiko said that I was too nice. He's not mean, he said I was too nice because I told him that I wanted to say no but said yes instead.

also thanks guys for expressing your opinions, you can get back on topic after a few more posts if you decide to post more, I understand that a lot of people don't like that and need to vent sometimes

Last edited:

MordhauDerk

Smash Cadet
thanks, I use 3ds max for model related things, gimp/photoshop for texturing(more familiar gimp). I learned from tutorials on brawl vault, help threads on brawl vault, replies I see where people were helping others, and i'm somewhat of a quick learner when it comes to things I like.

also, when I said that taiko said that I was too nice. He's not mean, he said I was too nice because I told him that I wanted to say no but said yes instead.
I thought that you may be using 3DS Max. I'll have to check out the brawl vault, I've never heard of it, but it sounds cool.
Also thanks for the quick response. I was thinking about getting into modding for PM models to brush up a bit in between projects. Brawl Vault seems like a good place to start. Thanks again for pointing me to it.

jaystring

Smash Ace
the exact same t

the exact same thing have been happening to me too for a while. Don't pressure yourself too much on stuff you don't feel like doing. if you don't feel like doing it, it's probably not fun and what's the point of modding if it become a chore to you!?

This is why I've mentioned in my thread that I was listening to suggestion but not taking request.

You'll never be able to please everyone.

As PseudoTypical mentionned, I agree with him that PM OOT Link is already very very nice so HW OOT Link is kind of redundant.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
yeah, I get you. I think the only reason I said yeah, was because the mod requires no real effort unless I want it lagless(it's literally just copy/pasta parts from the other HW models). that and i'm just too nice unfortunately ;~;

again thanks guys for your opionions and suggestions on the matter.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
I thought that you may be using 3DS Max. I'll have to check out the brawl vault, I've never heard of it, but it sounds cool.
Also thanks for the quick response. I was thinking about getting into modding for PM models to brush up a bit in between projects. Brawl Vault seems like a good place to start. Thanks again for pointing me to it.
Max is super good, super compatible with Brawlbox. It's not free though... Unless you got connections. They have a three year trial, I love it.

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
oh hey so im probably super late to the party

but are, is the other m young zero suit texture still up for lag testing?

Granfalloon

Smash Cadet
I wonder if you've at all looked into HD textures using Dolphin? Jaystring has been putting out HD textures for his Wii U imports and they look incredible and don't hinder performance one bit. I was just thinking about it because your Hyrule Warriors imports, the sword and shield textures in particular, could really benefit from it!

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
oh hey so im probably super late to the party

but are, is the other m young zero suit texture still up for lag testing?
young zss is still being modeled, young samus isn't ready for lag testing yet, reason at bottom of post

I wonder if you've at all looked into HD textures using Dolphin? Jaystring has been putting out HD textures for his Wii U imports and they look incredible and don't hinder performance one bit. I was just thinking about it because your Hyrule Warriors imports, the sword and shield textures in particular, could really benefit from it!
my pc can't even handle regular dolphin so no, I no use that but if u guys want the 1024 textures then I can add them here and to the downloads.

wow, i had forgotten you were part of the Smash 3 team D:
how can u forget me, I started it not @Taiko ;~;

Even though I didn't post any yesterday, progress for young samus was made. I almost finished fixing up the rig, only major thing left for her is finishing up her shirt rig. I suck at shoulders and I need to find a balance for the collar so that it doesn't clip with her head. so it may take awhile, but not too long.

Last edited:

jaystring

Smash Ace
young zss is still being modeled, young samus isn't ready for lag testing yet, reason at bottom of post

my pc can't even handle regular dolphin so no, I no use that but if u guys want the 1024 textures then I can add them here and to the downloads.

how can u forget me, I started it not @Taiko ;~;

Even though I didn't post any yesterday, progress for young samus was made. I almost finished fixing up the rig, only major thing left for her is finishing up her shirt rig. I suck at shoulders and I need to find a balance for the collar so that it doesn't clip with her head. so it may take awhile, but not too long.
FYI, HD textures are really simple to do if you have the high res texture source file. You only need to save the high res texture in PNG 8bit. The rest is about naming them correctly and you don't even need to bother with that because most people using them should know how to do it.

It allows to go beyond the limitation of the filesize of the .pac file and make it possible to use the original resolution texture in-game with basically no drawback.

It could be done to anything actually. stages too. (actually got me thinking, I should do a test of those on DSX8's Wii u stages, should work)

more info here if you want to know more about it :
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-super-smash-bros-hd-retexture-project-v4-0-3-august-2015

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
FYI, HD textures are really simple to do if you have the high res texture source file. You only need to save the high res texture in PNG 8bit. The rest is about naming them correctly and you don't even need to bother with that because most people using them should know how to do it.

It allows to go beyond the limitation of the filesize of the .pac file and make it possible to use the original resolution texture in-game with basically no drawback.

It could be done to anything actually. stages too. (actually got me thinking, I should do a test of those on DSX8's Wii u stages, should work)

more info here if you want to know more about it :
https://forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-super-smash-bros-hd-retexture-project-v4-0-3-august-2015
thanks for the info. still, the best i'll do is supply the source texture, if people want HD they will have to do it themselves. if my pc could handle more than I probably would have made HD versions of my mods. heck it can't even handle vbrawl on the lowest settings

just tried it and it's the same as my current dolpn. might try again later cuz I had rushed the process

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Hey guys, I will be releasing other m zero suit samus and young samus sometime before the 20th because that's when I return to school.

The first week of college is usually spent going over the syllabus and getting introduced to the class. so I'll use that time to make the young zss model and fix anything that you guys may point out with zero suit samus and young samus.

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Just noticed new thread title. Are Zelda and Shiek done?
SURE :3

Sonic Lost World Link DLC update is done: http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=204825

I Think he deserved an update because he was featured in a few videos, featured on KCMM blog, and is one of my most downloaded mods. He has everything that he had before as well as some additional stuff and rigging improvements. so if you downloaded it before and want to re-download it you can.

I'm done with college atm, so I have some time for modding. Next I will finish importing the other m models, lower poly so it shouldn't take too long to finish. Afterwards I will continue the HW models cuz they require the most work.

Also, other m zss is pretty much finished now, just need to re-rig ponytail and bangs

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames

here is progress pic, working on materials for in game look for both young samus and zss. Having an issue with setting them up, either too bright or too dark. after I figure out what's causing the issue, I can release both of them.

stuff that's been improved from my other, other m zss import are:

- Working Eyes
- FS Eyes
- Improved Other M Paralyzer
- Has Expressions

Last edited:

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
double posting to let u guys know that the problem is fixed, i'll release them today if I don't get any school work. that or I may hold off for another day so that I can also update the download entry.

Also, here are pics comparing the old and new version

iwantgames

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Andre/Iwantgames
Thanks! I myself won't use cuz I would like all my CSP, BPs, etc. to look consistent. Because of this i still use the default brawl/pm CSPs, BPs, etc. Hopefully someone will find it useful though, and good luck on your build.

As for progress, I could've and would've released them when I said but I got a perfection issue. I know that it can't/won't be perfect, but I want to make it as good as possible. there are three things that's been keeping me from releasing, materials/shaders, experimenting, and youngs samus' rig. The rig may look perfect in the pic but there are some flaws. the shader/material stuff are finalized and i'm done with experimenting, all that's left is fixing the rig. so hopefully i can get them out soon.

that being said other m zss is different than most people char mods, she has shader recolors. what I mean by this is that all of her recolors required no texture work. they all use the default texture, but look like recolors (second and third pic). I just didn't feel like making them manually.

her palettes/costumes are: default, red, blue, lime green, purple, dark, light, mango, yellow, young. mango/yellow are place holder for young zss.

Obskore

Smash Ace
Thanks! I myself won't use cuz I would like all my CSP, BPs, etc. to look consistent. Because of this i still use the default brawl/pm CSPs, BPs, etc. Hopefully someone will find it useful though, and good luck on your build.

As for progress, I could've and would've released them when I said but I got a perfection issue. I know that it can't/won't be perfect, but I want to make it as good as possible. there are three things that's been keeping me from releasing, materials/shaders, experimenting, and youngs samus' rig. The rig may look perfect in the pic but there are some flaws. the shader/material stuff are finalized and i'm done with experimenting, all that's left is fixing the rig. so hopefully i can get them out soon.

that being said other m zss is different than most people char mods, she has shader recolors. what I mean by this is that all of her recolors required no texture work. they all use the default texture, but look like recolors (second and third pic). I just didn't feel like making them manually.

her palettes/costumes are: default, red, blue, lime green, purple, dark, light, mango, yellow, young. mango/yellow are place holder for young zss.

i'm not ignoring the samus model, but i want to say that the new paralyzer looks good

Top Bottom