• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ivysaur Moveset Discussion (Currently: Utilt)

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
it's not really a "cancel" it's just doing it right away in a short hop so that the animation finishes and u have no landing lag
yeah you can fastfall it just as the vines are starting to come back in, and you'll land with no lag. about 2/3 of the way through the shorthop.

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
Utilt... nice to get people above you and start the ****... nice vertical range, poor horizontal range, kinda fast but has some cooldwon lag, and it can dodge some stuff because of the animation

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
Utilt is meh. if you can hit with utilt u prolly shoulda used Bullet Seed. Granted Utilt does **** ******* who like fullhopping aerials and is a lot safer than attempting BS.

Onxy

Smash Lord
Utilt is meh. if you can hit with utilt u prolly shoulda used Bullet Seed. Granted Utilt does **** ******* who like fullhopping aerials and is a lot safer than attempting BS.
You don't know too much on Utilt, eh?

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
I have a bad habit of trying to use Utilt to pop people up over me. If this move is shielded at all you will be punished.

It can be good, but I feel that jumping up and using Nair is probably a safer alternative.

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
when you dodge moves with utilt its completely LOL. I once dodged a lucario fsmash and then fsmashed him back (somehow) and then lol'ed all the way to the win.

i use it against people on low platforms, such as at lylat. other than that though, it doesn't see much use.

THOUGH i will say it hits much higher than people think it does. It's range is surprisingly high.

Retro Gaming

Black and White Thinking
Utilt can hit the yellow blocks on Yoshi's Island (Melee). It doesn't hit anyone on top but it'll force them to come down?

Yeah, Utilt is not very good.

Adriel

Smash Journeyman
His up-tilt is not as good as Squartle's and Charizard's, but it's still a useful and safe move for hitting above Ivysaur and setting up for an up-air!

Onxy

Smash Lord
I love Utilt. It has sick range, and you can chain a few at low percents. It's a lot more spammy than Ivy's other tilts. It also sets you up for things like a Nair, Uair, Vinewhip, Usmash, Bulletseed (?), Bair, and Fair.

CoonTail

Smash Lord
OK so I had a freakout session when I found this out about Ivy's U-tilt and it may seem obvious but it worked too well not to note. When playing DeDeDe if you can predict the grab coming (something not that difficult figuring its DeDeDe and half his whole game is CGing) U-tilt will dodge DeDeDe's grab and once it ends his grab animation is (...and dont fully quote me on this yet cause Im still experimenting) ending at the same time so I managed to dodge 3 attempted grabs in a row allowing me to stay out of DeDeDe CG's for alot longer leading to a kill. I just found it absolutly sick and kept the replay and the DeDeDe player was rather shocked.

As seen in the squirtle moveset discussion, I am bumping all these threads and bringing them back. Onyx I hope you see these posts and pm me because I wanna see if you are still gonna finish these because if your not going to then I will just because I find these threads to be extremely helpful.

Top Bottom