• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ivysaur League Graduates: The Ivysaur Social Thread

Dubforce

Smash Sidius
2 things

1) Hello. I plan on using Ivysaur as a backup character in case ZSS and Squirtle both fail me in a certain match up (Fox, pikachu, etc.) and I need to outspace them. So hello! I will probably contribute thoughts on Ivy randomly over time.

2) Why is your picture mewtwo but your melee character is shiek? Sad face.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
2 things

1) Hello. I plan on using Ivysaur as a backup character in case ZSS and Squirtle both fail me in a certain match up (Fox, pikachu, etc.) and I need to outspace them. So hello! I will probably contribute thoughts on Ivy randomly over time.

2) Why is your picture mewtwo but your melee character is shiek? Sad face.
Hi! Thoughts on Ivy and such would probably be better placed in the Q&A/General Discussion thread, it shouldn't be hard to find, since there's only 3 threads on the Ivysaur forums at the moment :p

My Avatar is Mewtwo because Shiny Mewtwo is the best thing ever. Unfortunately, since I have long term plans to become good at Melee I use primarily Sheik and Marth in tournaments. I do still use Mewtwo though, don't worry, but I figured since I have him in my avatar it's only fair to let my Melee character icon be Sheik. I have the full list of my mains for each Smash game I play in my signature.

B.W.

Smash Champion
I enjoy making guides and putting together data and ****.

Dunno about making a guide just yet, but I'll probably be the one who ends up making the hitbox/framedata thread.

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
So what do you guys think of the names for the threads so far?

The Teachy TV for the video thread
Solar Powered for the Q&A/GD
Ivysaur League Graduates for this one (Social)

Sudai

Stuff here
Thought you might say something Neko, haha. It's been ages. If P:M gets big enough in LA that people are traveling I was planning to hit up some TX tournies so we might actually get to chill again.

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
I decided to get a new SD card and download the Wifi version of PM so I could play actually play people and put vids of my own Ivysaur up on youtube. idk when I'll start that, but it will hopefully be soon.

Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
I can't play Ness on wifi

But Ivysaur was just fine, except for a couple missed inputs due to lag. And a couple SD's from the missed inputs.

Sudai

Stuff here
Finally get to play with good people tomorrow. Two of my good friends that I played Melee for like 6-7 years with. Hopefully I have a lot to post about tomorrow haha

Life

Smash Hero
Got a chance to play a little PM today. With actual people! :D

Did fairly well and I know what I could have done to win any given lost match, so yeah.

Need to figure out Fox tho. (But that applies to Melee as well, so I'll get some cross-experience that way.)

Sudai

Stuff here
Sad day. Wii disc needs to be cleaned so it can't read dual sided disc. Brawl is a dual layer disk. No triwing. Ohwell I'll get it fixed soon and actually get to try this character out against good players.

God with a Wavebird

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I'm working on textures for Ivysaur (imo her skins aren't that good) and I was just wondering what my fellow Ivysaur players think. Feel free to give me some advice.
Winter (Icysaur)

Autumn

and here are a couple I thought of but never made. These are just photoshopped images.
Cotton Candy

Umbreon

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354
Hello, Scary. New to the Ivy boards, too? High five!

Cotton Candy
I know this is a bit old, but I really like this cotton candy texture idea. Maybe darken the bulb to match the spots for better color variation, but it's still one of the best-looking Ivys I've ever seen.

ScaryPixel

Smash Cadet
Hello, Scary. New to the Ivy boards, too? High five!

I know this is a bit old, but I really like this cotton candy texture idea. Maybe darken the bulb to match the spots for better color variation, but it's still one of the best-looking Ivys I've ever seen.
*HighVines*

Swann

Smash Journeyman
Vent, do you know the artist of your avatar? I could swear it's an artist I follow (probably a Nuzlocker), but I can't place it and it's really bugging me.

Also, welcome!

Bombitty

Smash Cadet
Vent, do you know the artist of your avatar? I could swear it's an artist I follow (probably a Nuzlocker), but I can't place it and it's really bugging me.

Also, welcome!
NSFW(?)

Sol_Vent

Smash Journeyman
NNID
l-Sorubento-l
3DS FC
1375-8278-3354

Also, welcome!
After finding the image on Halolz, I found that the artwork was attributed to haikuninja. However, their Deviantart gallery is empty. I guess we'll never know for sure. Unless the name rings a bell for you, I suppose.

Also, thanks!

EDIT: Higher resolution avatar found thanks to this exchange. Neat.

Top Bottom