• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"IT'S UP TIEM!" The Dayton, OH social, strategical, and sometimes empty thread

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
So...anyone going to Middle of Ohio VI? If so, PLZ TAKE ME WITH YOU.

Anywho, I want to try out going Wario vs MK instead of Lucario to see if I do any better (I think the match-up is 40-60 instead of 35-65. But the character boards are pretty baised, so I figured testing it out is the best way) I'm also up for any Wario, Falcon, PT, Ganon, or Lucario (= dittos+ maybe a Ness vs Lucas rematch, the last ending was too sad (PK Fail) .

Lastly,I need more melee!

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
the luc matchup was revisited its also 60-40. Besides id go ganon for that matchup (grab-release to f-smash is too sexy) and I also have more experience against wario then i do luc as of right now.

and we will get a lil bit of melee in liek we did wednesday morning but more than likely on thursday this week, im not sure if I will be there but I know the others at least should

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
hmmm that's a little discouraging, and it sounds like I'll have to miss the melee this week which is also pretty discouraging. I am sufficiently discouraged.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Well, if you'd stayed more than a half hour, we could have done some melee last week too :p

Also, yeah, the ending of those Ness vs Lucas matches was anti-climatic...

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
WOOOO!!! It turns out that my school's Science Fair is Thursday=No after school practice=Me at Sinclair

Also, I challenge old man Ganon to go up against my Wario (seriously though, some vs mk practice would be nice). Honestly, I've been playing more melee than brawl lately (The ability to combo is too good) so, If I try to wavedash, dash-dance, or something else likely to get me killed, don't be too surprised.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
So at what time will you be showing up Thurs?
Probably around 3:30 if I don't get held up any longer.

lol okay, and of course you'll play my mk but we should do singles this time instead of doubles
Yeah, singles is a must. After all, Dayton, as a whole, is sorta weak, but if we get enough ringers into the game, it won't even matter (CapEm!!!).
PS: Did anyone play against Pdigm's ZSS, I'm looking forward to seeing whether his tweaking has payed off.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
His ZSS is improving quite a bit. Still, it's no match for scribble I'm afraid (He's just reading us so much better now, and it's getting really annoying. All of you guys kind of need to stop predicting everything I do...).

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
His ZSS is improving quite a bit. Still, it's no match for scribble I'm afraid (He's just reading us so much better now, and it's getting really annoying. All of you guys kind of need to stop predicting everything I do...).
(rolls eyes) Forward smash into forward smash.:laugh:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I know! It's flawless! I just don't understand how you guys do it... You must be psychic...

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
So wakka is wanting to come down thursday for melee but i wanted wedsnday for brawl practice for you guys and i. I would also like more melee practice but i do not want to come down two days in a row

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Unfortunately I myself is unavailable now except on tuesdays and thursdays, my car has died on me and i dont have $3000 for a new engine (what it needs) . so the only days i will be available to play after today is thursday, so if you wanna come down then and play we could do both brawl and melee because wed be there all day anyway

Paranormalsin

Smash Ace
Unfortunately I myself is unavailable now except on tuesdays and thursdays, my car has died on me and i dont have $3000 for a new engine (what it needs) . so the only days i will be available to play after today is thursday, so if you wanna come down then and play we could do both brawl and melee because wed be there all day anyway
Do you mean today as in weds?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
No, on Weds and Fri I think it's just me, Para and maybe Fizz, along with the occasional other people who show up.

Also, next week I'm going to be out of town pretty much the entire week, so unless Fizz or Para bring a system on Wed/Fri, I don't think we'll do anything those days.

EDIT: To clarify, I am going to be at Sinclair Wed and Fri of this week, but not next week.

wakka444

Smash Ace
JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN
thats all ive been hearing from you the last few days= /

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I'm not gonna have much trouble showing up tomorrow (Thursday) , but tomorrow(Friday) is lookin a bit iffy. There is a mandatory retreat for my entire grade and I don't know what time it starts or ends. Hopefully I'll find out tomorrow, but in all likelyhood, no Brawl 4 me this week ) :

EDIT:Fixed

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
I'ma be cutting back my smash for a while. Busier than I expected. Hopefully I can still come one day a week. Hopefully. Not this week though (as noted by my absence today)

Regarding progress on my ZSS - I still don't get her. I need way more 1v1's until I get a feel for her.

newblink02

Smash Rookie
if u guys r still playing in the second week of march or later i could come on thursdays and/or fridays. i could bring my wii and my 32in flat screen too if u like...

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
if u guys r still playing in the second week of march or later i could come on thursdays and/or fridays. i could bring my wii and my 32in flat screen too if u like...
I LOVE THIS GUY

On another note, sorry about ruining another one of your days with Lucario's unavoidable hilarity (and Aura Sphere), but seriously, you've gotta see the humor in what happened:laugh:

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
32 inch flatscreen? I'll overlook bad grammar for that!

Seriously though, we should still be here. Why wait till March though?

newblink02

Smash Rookie
i only have the weekends off right now but starting the 12th of next month i have thursdays and fridays off instead. and sorry about the grammer, i only have internet on my wii right now and theres no keyboard...

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
No worries. I was just being a **** about the grammar (I do that).

Also, I'll be at Sinclair tomorrow afternoon, but will anyone even be showing up?

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Sadly I won't be showing up tomorrow but I miss smash already.

Is the 32" flat screen an LCD? Any idea how badly the 32" lags? I haven't played Brawl on a laggy screen - it's probably more tolerable than Melee - but I can't stand lag with Melee. If it's acceptable though I may have to mimic Fizz's remark.

JeLLITYMe

Smash Rookie
The tourney is OFFICIAL! Get ready for some serious smashing action (bibble should get a seperate thread going hopefully).

newblink02

Smash Rookie
its an LCD but i have ZERO (i mean zero) lag with brawl and melee, (or any non-guitar game) even the 64 game works perfect for that matter so no worries

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
That's an understatement... He lost to my DK! He deserves to be grounded!
Funniest come back of all time.

EDIT: I want 1 more character to play competitively. Right now it's just Lucario with the occasional Wario. It seems like I've got the lowest amount of smash knowledge in (the elite of) Dayton so any useful advice/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Top Bottom