• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's here. RSBE - Replacement SoundBank Engine "FPC 4.0" by InternetExplorer

NNID
dansalvato
InternetExplorer,

I'm back, and I've got a question about volume this time. You know the volume setting in BrawlBox? The value you can adjust when editing sounds? Can .sawnd files use a value other than the default? Some of my sounds just aren't loud enough..
Does this volume setting exist in the brsar, or in some other file? If it's in another file, then it should affect even the custom soundbanks.

NNID
dansalvato
Hm, then this code probably doesn't support custom volumes. I don't know exactly where that info is stored in the brsar.

SAHunterMech

Smash Journeyman
That's too bad; thanks for the help anyway. I'm going to try and see if I can find the value within the .brsar myself. It's easily accessible in BrawlBox; I hope it's not too much of a hassle in hex.

SuperJosh

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperJosh2
Help crashes whenever I move or jump with calikingz01's goten over fox hack....or absolutely any other sfx I use :/

SAHunterMech

Smash Journeyman
Well, I have determined the volume issue: Signed Hex. The volume can only go up to 127 because of it, and I sorta need 255, aka the max in BrawlBox.

Numbuh 214

Smash Apprentice
What Mech is trying to say is... he and I noticed that the hex value for volume seems to be somehow passing itself as a signed 2-digit hexadecimal; this means that instead of a volume range of 0 to 255, as Riivo has, the RSBE has a volume range of 0 to 127 (technically -128, but I'm fairly certain negatives are read as 0).

Apologies for not being able to provide any insight on why this is, but I'm not a code expert.

SuperJosh

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperJosh2
I've never used Sawnds or any of the sound effect programs before because I didn't care for Riivolution. What does it mean if makebnk.exe stops working when I'm trying to export the .bnk? I just replaced one menu sound that I was going to use as a test for the code.

Edit: Never mind, I was just missing a Python file. It looks like it worked now.
Where did u get makebnk.exe? It didint come with it for me or I can't get it anywhere on the web...

SAHunterMech

Smash Journeyman
Where did u get makebnk.exe? It didint come with it for me or I can't get it anywhere on the web...
The current version of the R.S.B.E. Code supports .sawnd files. There is no need to make .bnk files anymore, nor will they work

SuperJosh

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperJosh2
.sawndz don't work for me...BUUUTT I have one .bank file I got groom brawl fault and it works...Reyes a .sawndz and its poo.

SuperJosh

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperJosh2
Before .sawndz just crashes anyway I try it.. while .bond work fine but is imposible to create...

SAHunterMech

Smash Journeyman
So, you already tried copying/pasting the code from this thread into your .gct? If .bnk files are working, and .sawnd files are not, that means you still have the old code in your .gct.

SuperJosh

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperJosh2
I had the latest code all along...the things i switchedall these times was the wide variety of super sawndzs...

SAHunterMech

Smash Journeyman
Mmmmm....when i try to create a .bnk file it just says incorrect command
I had the latest code all along...the things i switchedall these times was the wide variety of super sawndzs...
Okay, so, for posterity, can you:

1) Delete the R.S.B.E. Code fron your .gct

2) Copy, Paste and insert the code from this thread into your. .gct

3. Try a .sawnd file in Brawl

Also, if your version of Super Sawndz has a 'make .bnk' button, you've got the wrong version. You want Super Sawndz 0.12, found here:

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=27683

SuperJosh

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperJosh2
1....that link says sercice un avalable..2 .sawndz either crashes when i move or crashes like 5 or 6 seconds into the match 3 i have o ne .bnk file already in the sfx folder and its not crashing no matter what...well actualy i heard that one of them was corrupted....meh well then maby not
....u see.. .sawndz r just curses i guess....

SuperJosh

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperJosh2
Plus...i think i know the one ur talking about. I have one that doesent have a create .bnk button but thats the one that "crashes 5 to 6 seconds into the match
Edit:im trying to do anounccer calls....yeah and other sfx PACKS i couldent get to yet

SuperJosh

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperJosh2
Plus...i think i know the one ur talking about. I have one that doesent have a create .bnk button but thats the one that "crashes 5 to 6 seconds into the match
Edit:im trying to do anounccer calls....yeah and other sfx PACKS i couldent get to yet
Edit 2: the .bnk im useing right now.....is the one im useing RIGHT NOW!!!in game...

SAHunterMech

Smash Journeyman
Again, if .bnk files work for you, then your .gct code is out of date. Just replace whatever code you have in your .gct with the code from this thread, even if it looks the same.

SuperJosh

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperJosh2
Again, if .bnk files work for you, then your .gct code is out of date. Just replace whatever code you have in your .gct with the code from this thread, even if it looks the same.
Announcer is fine...goku sfx turned out as a crashallot

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
SuperJosh, can you please not post multiple times in a row?

Also, why use the older version? .sawnd files are easier to use, so why use .bnk's?

SuperJosh

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperJosh2
SuperJosh, can you please not post multiple times in a row?

Also, why use the older version? .sawnd files are easier to use, so why use .bnk's?
only bnks work..sawndz crashes game when i move or do anything that the new sfxs adds..i only have one bnk and it doesent crash..plus when i used rivvo yesterday on my "other wii" the same sfxs worked...only crashes on sandz...so basicly sawndz r a nightmare

SuperJosh

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperJosh2
only bnks work..sawndz crashes game when i move or do anything that the new sfxs adds..i only have one bnk and it doesent crash..plus when i used rivvo yesterday on my "other wii" the same sfxs worked...only crashes on sandz...so basicly sawndz r a nightmare
Edit: now it crashes/freezes when characters with custom sfxs use smash ball. It DOESENT use smash ball and instead s "b"/"1" attack and stays rainbowy and game ends=game freezes

Shiruzato

Smash Cadet
Excuse me? This worked three minutes ago, but I can no longer correctly export .sawnd files. After selecting "Create Sawnd", it gives me the option to create it. If a file has the same name, it even asks me if I want to overwrite it; however, it does not actually create the file, and overwriting an existing file causes it to effectively erase itself.
This has nothing to do with corrupt sound banks, as even with a clean sound bank it does not work.

Please, any help would be appreciated.

Boasting Toast

Smash Apprentice
My apologies for a bit of a necro, but I think this needs to be brought to your attention.
I would appreciate it if you could put somewhere in the thread that the Alternate Stage Loader code will freeze the game upon stage selection if it's placed before this code. It caused me much frustration and made me put Brawl hacking down for a few months. Thanks anyways for the code, works great.

-Boasting Toast

SuperJosh

Smash Rookie
NNID
SuperJosh2
Ok ya u use like err ex. : u download sora and it comes with a sfx pack. Instead of using/creating one in super sawndz u need to just use the base one it came with and rename it to its correct soundbank..thingy. but you might need to still use it to see what the number IS

Last edited:
Top Bottom