• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Its been nearly 6 months since release! Who is your main or favorite char so far?

Who is your main or favorite char so far?

• Mario

Votes: 54 2.2%
  • Luigi

Votes: 38 1.5%
  • Peach

Votes: 41 1.7%
  • Bowser

Votes: 29 1.2%
  • Donkey Kong

Votes: 39 1.6%
  • Diddy Kong

Votes: 65 2.6%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 41 1.7%
  • Wario

Votes: 67 2.7%
  • Link

Votes: 57 2.3%
  • Zelda/Sheik

Votes: 95 3.8%
  • Ganondorf

Votes: 38 1.5%
  • Toon Link

Votes: 105 4.2%
  • Samus/Zero Suit Samus

Votes: 78 3.1%
  • Pit

Votes: 68 2.7%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 40 1.6%
  • R.O.B.

Votes: 69 2.8%
  • Kirby

Votes: 93 3.7%
  • Metaknight

Votes: 124 5.0%
  • King Dedede

Votes: 77 3.1%
  • Olimar

Votes: 73 2.9%
  • Fox

Votes: 50 2.0%
  • Falco

Votes: 100 4.0%
  • Wolf

Votes: 93 3.7%
  • Captain Falcon

Votes: 61 2.5%
  • Pikachu

Votes: 49 2.0%
  • Pokemon Trainer

Votes: 45 1.8%
  • Lucario

Votes: 111 4.5%
  • Jigglypuff

Votes: 17 0.7%
  • Marth

Votes: 153 6.2%
  • Ike

Votes: 106 4.3%
  • Ness

Votes: 58 2.3%
  • Lucas

Votes: 82 3.3%
  • Game & Watch

Votes: 90 3.6%
  • Snake

Votes: 94 3.8%
  • Sonic

Votes: 82 3.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Oh my God.

I voted just to see how the list has turned out.

This poll's results are INCREDIBLY well distributed.

Clustercluck

Smash Rookie
Months before brawl came out, I heard metaknight was going to be in it. I knew right then and there I wanted to play him. Unfortunately, he's top tier - I honestly didn't want to play a top-tier. I am probably going to stop playing him because I can't stand people claiming I win because of the character I play, and not because I played him well. I will probably switch to fox or dedede though, because fox is fun to play and dedede, well.....all I have to say is "a-hyup!".

Nick Nasty

Smash Journeyman
My main in Brawl is Ike. One thing that I think is awesome about him is that he's a cool character in general; not to mention he's very satisfying to play as. Using a character like him requires patience and discipline, which is exactly the type of player I am. I feel as though that he's a solid character choice that can be devastating in the right hands.

Guilhe

Smash Ace
Ike

At first it was pit, but then he proved to have weak moves and being a cheap character. Then I discovered Ike when playing against a friend of mine and identified myself with the character.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
My main in Brawl is Ike. One thing that I think is awesome about him is that he's a cool character in general; not to mention he's very satisfying to play as. Using a character like him requires patience and discipline, which is exactly the type of player I am. I feel as though that he's a solid character choice that can be devastating in the right hands.
Ya, I used to main Ike, but then I found Marth... And that's pretty much all I've used since. I love his agility, speed, and power, and he is one of the only chars like this in brawl. He is great, and I've become quite good with him. I almost beat my friend (snake, and he was spamming side b's the whole match), a lvl 6 cpu R.O.B, an a lvl 6 cpu Pika in a three on one match earlier 2day!

Foxhound_Joshua

Smash Apprentice
Snake. Hands down.

He is the best in my eyes. When I first got word of his apperance in Brawl(confirmed), I knew he would be awesome.. and he is!

I was actually disappointed that I couldn't connect with Captain Falcon, as he was my main on Melee. Doc was great, too. Though he got scrapped.. and the Mario just can't compare. Thirdly, I used Sheik, but same goes for her as for C. Falcon.

As for any other Brawl mains: D3 is SO fun to play with, I don't care what anyone says! And who can get tired of a nicely executed Wall-of-Pain by ROB?

Zaki

Smash Rookie
Wolfeh

I main wolf... well since he's the only character I can beat my brother with i guess i'll stick with him

his attacks are pretty easy to use, and his downsmash in the air comes in hand whenever he tries to combo me

his gun is also fun, my brother never expects it and when he does, i just psyche him out by like he gets used to shielding the shots, i just delay a few seconds and he gets hit.

yeah... good times...

LeviNifty

Smash Ace
Im getting brawl and wii torrmorrow hopefully so when I get it im going to properly going to main yoshi and lucario and ness cause they have a good variety of moves and are very fun to play. I also chose these characters casue i think its good to have a mix of old characters from previous games and the new ones in brawl

SummerObsession

Smash Apprentice
I loved and mained Marth in Melee. When Brawl came out I tried other characters but fell right back into him as I expected and I'm sticking with him till the end.

Marth seems to be leading the polls as of now. It's great to see his popularity hasn't declined.

Regi_King

Smash Rookie
NNID
RegiShikimi
my main the first time i played where ic, but when playing melee and unlocked Mr. Game & Watch, i mained him the first time i saw him and now in brawl he is my main guy. I like using him since u can do some deadly combo's with him and he's taunts r awesome.

Izzhov

Smash Cadet
Olimar, because he is absolutely amazing in every way.

Except recovery.

But we don't like to talk about that.

BbLu

Smash Rookie
My favorite character in Brawl would have to be Wolf. In the previous games I have almost always been dedicated to Fox, but the one problem I had was that he didn't have enough power. Wolf is stronger, so he can more easily KO opponents, but one thing that he sacrifices against Fox is speed, although it still isn't too bad. Now I use a combination of Fox and Wolf, which works out suprisingly well for two characters that have a small diversity of attacks.

Danzo

Smash Rookie
snake might be the stronger fighter in the game

This game was not made to play as a offensive type as melee. They balanced the game offence and defence in what i disappointed.

My first complaint is about tripping, tripping make me puke and lick it off the floor.

what was the reason they added it? i don't know do u know?
i'm sure is just to mess up your combo.

another complaint is perfect shield. if you don't know it the perfect shield is perform after the opponent do any kind of hit, shield at the same time the hit is about to hit you.

perfect shield means parry from street fighter third strike.

wait let me just wait until you do a smash or anything to shield grab you. Its something like that,

for example my opponent use falco and i use fox, and falco wait until fox do his AAA quickly when falco receive all of those punishment, he can perfect shield grad to fox while those hits then he does his down throw chain

this game force you to play normally and with a strong character.

My mains are Ike and Snake. I rest my case

Danzo

Smash Rookie
my best Snake

This game was not made to play as a offensive type as melee. They balanced the game offence and defence in what i disappointed.

My first complaint is about tripping, tripping make me puke and lick it off the floor.

what was the reason they added it? i don't know do u know?
i'm sure is just to mess up your combo.

another complaint is perfect shield. if you don't know it the perfect shield is perform after the opponent do any kind of hit, shield at the same time the hit is about to hit you.

perfect shield means parry from street fighter third strike.

wait let me just wait until you do a smash or anything to shield grab you. Its something like that,

for example my opponent use falco and i use fox, and falco wait until fox do his AAA quickly when falco receive all of those punishment, he can perfect shield grad to fox while those hits then he does his down throw chain

this game force you to play normally and with a strong character.

My mains are Ike and Snake. I rest my case

Liquid_Kai?

Smash Apprentice
Had the game since its PAL release, and i like fox as my main at the moment

Probally Snake and Diddy Kong as my 2nd and 3rd choices

Diddy2k8

Smash Cadet
Diddy all the way. I wanted diddy in ever since the 1st smash. He is finally in and he owns. Fear the nannerz!

peach and zss are my secondarys and i like the updated bowser but since the level of top tier chars and everyone else is much higher in brawl then it was in melee i rarely have a chance to use bowser if i want to win. Bowser just can't keep up with the likes of snake mk rob marth etc.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Wouldja believe Wario?

Nice aerials, respectable strength, and useful specials. Plus, he's just fun to play with.

Also, R.O.B., for many of the same reasons.

Still not sure which one is Primary and which is Secondary, though.

RikotheFoxKid

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RikoTheFoxKid
I actually have 3 mains: Ness, Link, and Sonic.

I use Ness in serious 1 on 1 battles
I use Link in free-for-all battles
I use Sonic in friendly 1 on 1 battles and some free-for-all battles

I use Ness because I've mained Ness in all three games, and am very used to his fighting style.
I use Link because I find it easier to use him than Toon Link, and I like a challenge. I would consider Link my best character.
I use Sonic because I like the Sonic franchise, and one of my favorite stats is Speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom