• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's amazing what you find out in the Smash Wiki...

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Smash Wiki said:
...That most edge attacks and get-up attacks in Brawl deal the same amount of knockback?

Do we want to look into this as well and add it to the list of changes we should make when we change around the get up attacks/get up rolls/get up jumps/get up to neutral?

Making them character specific would be really beneficial as we could make characters who have a hard time getting back onto the ledge have really good get up attacks, and really good characters have weaker get up attacks so they have more problems getting back onto the stage as another forum of balance. :V

VietGeek

Smash Hero
who have a hard time getting back onto the ledge have really good get up attacks
Dude...

then we'd have to buff Marth.

You know how some peeps feel about that. =V

Also trouble on the ledge is a character weakness.

Tbh...it should be a weakness for everyone since ledge is like the border in a trad. fighter...but of course Sakurai has to make every new Barlw character and their grandmother have ridiculous recoveries one way or another ('cept like maybe TL, and Wolf...rofl).

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
You wouldnt have to buff Marth, you can simply leave his ledge attack alone.

Trouble on the ledge IS a character weakness, but a weakness to the whole roster? Why?

High/Top tier characters can be left alone in that aspect or have their get up attack made worse. Or low/bottom/mid tier characters could have superior get up attacks so they can survive easier.

Or character with good ledge traps can have bad get up attacks, or characters with bad recoveries onto the stage can have better get up attacks.

The possibilities goes on and I dont think its something that should be left alone when we can use it to our advantage to further balance characters.

m i rite.

I mean hell. We were talking about speeding up get up rolls too and mess wit the invicibility frames of get up attacks. :V

The Cape

Smash Master
If I recall

All the ledge attacks are 0 base and 100 growth >.>

Someone should definetly check it out in my data thread.

goodoldganon

Smash Champion
Who

****ing

cares

Are we seriously discussing changes to ledge attack? ALL of the ledge attacks do what they are supposed to when they hit. They knock the opponent back just far enough so you can recover onto the stage. From there you can shield or whatever. Stop working on pointless **** and let's finish up what needs to be finished.

We talked about adjusting tech rolls because some characters, like Falcon and Game and Watch need a speed up on their abysmal tech rolls but some characters got more then what they deserved by the universal increase.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Don't be close-minded. If you want to make this project as good as possible, you should look over all avaliable choices and at least see what is possible. Skipping things can lead to stupid results or just a project that could of been better developed.

I'm not asking for alot of time to be spent on this but it wont kill anyone to spend a little time seeing how this can be used to make Brawl+ better than it is.

in my opinion, the manipluation of this would help against ledge traps or characters who just have a hard time getting back on stage as the BKB and KBG of character ledge attacks may be equal, the frame speed and duration of these attacks **** well arent and there are some that are better than others simply because of length, because of that some get up attacks are ****ing projected more vibrantly than others, making it less effective for some, and more effective than others.

Stop. Cutting. Corners.

D

Deleted member

this isn't cutting corners. we have a lot of other things on our to do list that are way more important.

shanus

Smash Hero
This isn't cutting corners. You are complaining about nothing. Literally nothing.

Its like worrying that Lucas' taunt can be a trip animation.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
this isn't cutting corners. we have a lot of other things on our to do list that are way more important.
I'm not saying this should be done ASAP. But this is something that at least warrents a valid glipse. .__.

This isn't cutting corners. You are complaining about nothing. Literally nothing.

Its like worrying that Lucas' taunt can be a trip animation.
False. I'm not even complaining. And even if I was, its not about nothing.

I'm pretty much going, "Hey. Some characters have ****tier ways to get back on the stage from the ledge. Let's bring this up to be played with whenever we start messing with the animation speeds and whatnot of the other ledge options since we're going to play with those eventually."

Veril

Frame Savant
While I really don't think this is important right now... at all, it seems like a neat possibility for future changes, and there is no reason not to look into ledge attacks eventually.

Too much hostility...

Top Bottom