• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ITF's Climbers (vids) NEVER BEFORE SEEN! :O

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
I've decided to start recording my matches for help/criticism/enjoyment. The sound quality is terrible in some; I'm still figuring out how to fix it.

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ITFbrawl

Tournament Matches

Kirk (Ike) vs. ITF (ICs)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e2Z66_7OSA&feature=related
(I mess up my CGing wayyy too much. Easily the best Ike I've played against.)

Friendlies
I'm aware that some of the matches aren't the best competition. Sorry.

ITF (ICs) vs. Law (TL)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHXJpl1JZXA
(My friend isn't very good with TL yet :ohwell:)

ITF (ICs) vs. Z (MK)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5523pJWUWFw&feature=related

Enjoy!
(Comments welcome :))

lain

Smash Master
I like.

Your main problem is you never do aerials or anything besides grabs! Aerials with IC = **** cause they are fast and do like 22% synced LOL

blizzard spam is always so good XD

i ***** kirk really bad, but i played DDD so *shrugs*. i thought metroid1117 was a way better ike.

smaci92

Smash Lord
you're pretty good :) but, I think you go for too many grabs instead of normal fighting...they have decent aerials---use them! :bee: and I see you're pretty obsessed with icicle chase lol...you did it so many times XD

Kirk

Smash Champion
ICs are way too fun to play against. :D

Sorry that I forgot to record our first two matches...your CGs were much better in those. xD See you at the next Play n' Trade?

@lain-**** is such a harsh word...lol xD I'm sure I'll give a better match the next time we meet. More experience has done me good. Looking forward to it.

lain

Smash Master
Yeah dude it just seemed like you didn't know the DDD matchup very well. Your Ike was really good, although I'd have to consider it 2nd best to metroid1117. That guy blew my mind, so when he told me you were better I was like zomg. aaha

But I usually lean towards that fact that Dedede's grab range and shield game and aerial game and edgegaurding is just too insane for most characters ahaha.

I definitely look forward to playing you as well ;D

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
you're pretty good :) but, I think you go for too many grabs instead of normal fighting...they have decent aerials---use them! :bee: and I see you're pretty obsessed with icicle chase lol...you did it so many times XD
I LOVE the Nana IB chase lol. And I really do need to do mkore aerials. I just figured it wouldn't help because Ike's range ***** ICs, and he was spacing fairly well. And I only worry about grabs because 1 grab is usually all I need. :)

whenever I see smaci's location i start singing that deathcab for cutie song
:bee::bee::bee:

ICs are way too fun to play against. :D

Sorry that I forgot to record our first two matches...your CGs were much better in those. xD See you at the next Play n' Trade?

@lain-**** is such a harsh word...lol xD I'm sure I'll give a better match the next time we meet. More experience has done me good. Looking forward to it.
I will be at the next Play n Trade. Hopefully I'll get to play you again. If not, we should try to get in some friendlies.

Kirk

Smash Champion
Yeah dude it just seemed like you didn't know the DDD matchup very well. Your Ike was really good, although I'd have to consider it 2nd best to metroid1117. That guy blew my mind, so when he told me you were better I was like zomg. aaha

But I usually lean towards that fact that Dedede's grab range and shield game and aerial game and edgegaurding is just too insane for most characters ahaha.

I definitely look forward to playing you as well ;D
Yeah I know I can play better than I did in that one set we had lol. Metroid is very good...I only played like 3 friendlies with him that one tourney...they were pretty close, but I won all 3. But they were Ike dittos...so meh.

I might be coming up to MI next weekend for that tourney actually...though I haven't finalized anything yet.

I will be at the next Play n Trade. Hopefully I'll get to play you again. If not, we should try to get in some friendlies.
For sure. I'll see you there. Can't wait to get thrown around again. :p

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I think that you may shoot for grabs a little too much... A lot of the damage the opponent landed on you was from punished grab misses... I would say that you need to use more of their smashes instead of resorting to grabs all the time.

YUNq PHR3$H

Smash Journeyman
at first wen i seen da first match im like wtf diss is ah waste ov my time ino dat yur gunna win yu juss ***** him wiff da chin grab, then yu lost && i was like wtf ! I think that you were trying to get the grab in juss ah lil bit to much. He jab cancled you alot so your best thing to do was not spam but camp ah lil then charge in wiff da blizzard. Other than that great preformace ^^

smaci92

Smash Lord
at first wen i seen da first match im like wtf diss is ah waste ov my time ino dat yur gunna win yu juss ***** him wiff da chin grab, then yu lost && i was like wtf ! I think that you were trying to get the grab in juss ah lil bit to much. He jab cancled you alot so your best thing to do was not spam but camp ah lil then charge in wiff da blizzard. Other than that great preformace ^^
nice grammar and spelling :p lol

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
this is why god invented the period: so people don't wind up looking like total dip ****s and embarrass themselves.

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the advice everyone.

Basically I need less grabs and more aerials/smashes.
I usually do that, but Ike's range is too godly. :/

Polar

Smash Rookie
Ike has a lot of laggy attacks that you didn't punish (Nana's death in your first life could've been avoided and punished easily) (1:06).
You also want to keep Nana alive at all costs, unless it means Popo dying as well. (2:04)
And of course, more aerials like everyone else said; their Bair comes out pretty quickly and has decent knockback. Not enough squall, either. xD

I'm switching my main over to ICs from Dedede and these are just a couple of mistakes that I spotted, since I tend to make the same ones. You clearly have the hang of the CGs, now you just need to work on the rest. :p

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
Ike has a lot of laggy attacks that you didn't punish (Nana's death in your first life could've been avoided and punished easily) (1:06).
You also want to keep Nana alive at all costs, unless it means Popo dying as well. (2:04)
And of course, more aerials like everyone else said; their Bair comes out pretty quickly and has decent knockback. Not enough squall, either. xD

I'm switching my main over to ICs from Dedede and these are just a couple of mistakes that I spotted, since I tend to make the same ones. You clearly have the hang of the CGs, now you just need to work on the rest. :p
Good points.

This is why I like the ICs. I'm inexperienced as far as tournaments go, and I'm not as good as most of the people at tournaments. However, I'm usually able to get a kill from one mistake made by my opponent, so it somewhat makes me a threat to the better players. I'm going to tourneys much more often and I'm definitely still learning. :)

Top Bottom