• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

D

Deleted member

To be honest i don't want to participate in RTC as much as i did back when i first joined the forums.

The more i look at it, the more i dislike it.

Not to mention i have no reason to participate anymore since the only reason i particaped was because of boredom, but now i have Chrono Trigger/homework/other stuff to keep my busy.

I would love to talk about something related to Isaac and GS, but i have no idea to what we could talk about.

Organization XIII

Smash Champion
I personally would like a Golden Sun Warriors or a crossover featuring Final Fantasy. Magic vs Psychics just sounds great.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Dynasty Warriors could literally cross over with almost all of Nintendo's franchises.
There's some franchises where it could work a lot better than others. Some franchises are a bit more iffy, like Kirby. There's not really enough characters in Kirby, it'd more have to be Kirby having all the abilities with Meta Knight, Dedede, and Waddle Dee as extras, unless they also grab every single villain/boss character as well, and even that wouldn't fill the roster. Plus, Kirby's theme I don't think meshes well with Dynasty Warriors.

Pokemon I don't think is a great fit at all. The playable characters wouldn't be that bad, the problem is the enemies would just have to be hundreds of Pokemon. And slaughtering hundreds of Pokemon just doesn't fit well thematically... (Also a factor against Kirby.)

I personally would like a Golden Sun Warriors or a crossover featuring Final Fantasy. Magic vs Psychics just sounds great.
If anything I think it'd be called Golden Sun: Warriors of Vale. :D

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Golden Sun and Fire Emblem would both make good Dynasty Warrior games. They already pulled it off with Zelda.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
Dynasty Warriors formula could do wonders for Fire Emblem, I think. There's just so many characters to pick from in each era. Marth's era, Tellius, Awakening, and Fates, etc.

Golden Sun would work as well from what I'm gathering.

Would probably work even better than Zelda, though Zelda is the most popular IP of the three.

Speaking of,

How would you all think a Golden Sun and Legend of Zelda crossover would work? This may be ignorant, if only because I didn't actually play any of Isaac's games.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
There's some franchises where it could work a lot better than others. Some franchises are a bit more iffy, like Kirby. There's not really enough characters in Kirby, it'd more have to be Kirby having all the abilities with Meta Knight, Dedede, and Waddle Dee as extras, unless they also grab every single villain/boss character as well, and even that wouldn't fill the roster. Plus, Kirby's theme I don't think meshes well with Dynasty Warriors.

Pokemon I don't think is a great fit at all. The playable characters wouldn't be that bad, the problem is the enemies would just have to be hundreds of Pokemon. And slaughtering hundreds of Pokemon just doesn't fit well thematically... (Also a factor against Kirby.)
Funnily enough they're the two that made me say almost all.
I can't think of ways to make them work.

Kid Icarus and Fire Emblem are way up there for my most wanted Dynasty Warriors crossovers. Haven't given Golden Sun too much thought yet.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
That gif reminds me of his avatar.
Yep. I know who it is. And he was all like "I'm not here to start Flame Wars I don't want Flame Wars, please don't Flame me" (admirable, to say the least) but when you come in here and claim that you don't support Isaac because he's just another Swordsman, you're going to get flamed.

I'm sorry.

Let this be a warning now to everyone who comes in here and says that they don't/won't support Isaac because he's just another "Generic JRPG Fire Emblem Like Anime Swordsman": We are going to flame you, we are going to tear your arguments to pieces, we will enlighten your ignorant ass and it will not be pretty.

Do some ****ing research for the love of God. Read the opening post. Go to the Golden Sun Wiki at http://goldensunwiki.net/ and research before you come in here.

Thank you.

Edit: If you come in here asking who Isaac is, we will enlighten you as well. But do not claim that he is a "Generic JRPG Fire Emblem Like Anime Swordsman" and expect not to get attacked.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I would love to see more Dynasty Warrior crossovers like Castlevania, Fire Emblem and such.

But yeah, i like the Golden Sun X Warriors idea.

dangeraaron10

Smash Master
I honestly think Golden Sun's final boss music is one of my favorite tracks in Smash, and I just listened to the Weyard track for the first time in the OP, what stage is that on? I don't think I unlocked it prior to selling my Wii U.

I wonder if there was more promotional art showing Isaac as an earth bender, rather than just using a sword, would quell the idea that he's just "another sword user"? We do have the other elements present in Smash (fire, lightning, water, darkness, and even holy light). I don't recall anyone using any rock based attacks in their normal moves outside of Charizard (to be technical, it's a Fighting type attack, but it smashes a frickin rock, damnit).

The more I think of it that way, the more I actually like the idea of Isaac. At first I mostly wanted him to be playable to see his large fanbase happy, but now I'm warming up to the idea of him as well...very, very late into the Ballot so it matters little, but he has as good of a chance as any other frontrunner to be playable.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The song was on Palutena's temple.

The Ballot is soon coming to a close, but it's never too late to join in until it's over.

Once there was a guy who joined the Robin support thread literally the day before s/he was confirmed.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The song was on Palutena's temple.

The Ballot is soon coming to a close, but it's never too late to join in until it's over.

Once there was a guy who joined the Robin support thread literally the day before s/he was confirmed.
We should get them to support Isaac then. lol

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Just checked the RTC thread. Long story short: Had a good laugh at the whole K. Rool Mii costume and generic swordsman argument, moving on.

As for the whole crossover thing, I would like to see a Golden Sun fighting game with the mechanics of either Smash or Pokkén.

Edit: Decided to go ahead and leave my opinion in the thread.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
Dynasty Warriors formula could do wonders for Fire Emblem, I think. There's just so many characters to pick from in each era. Marth's era, Tellius, Awakening, and Fates, etc.

Golden Sun would work as well from what I'm gathering.

Would probably work even better than Zelda, though Zelda is the most popular IP of the three.

Speaking of,

How would you all think a Golden Sun and Legend of Zelda crossover would work? This may be ignorant, if only because I didn't actually play any of Isaac's games.
Well both games have lots of Puzzles in them. Golden Sun is sort of a mix between Zelda and Final Fantasy in a lot of regards.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
So guys, i have a question.

If the Golden Sun universe had to crossover with other franchise universe from a Video Game/Anime/Cartoon/Movie/other. ¿which one would you choose?
My choices are Avatar:The Last Airbender and Chrono Trigger.
I agree with the Avatar sentiment. Most of the benders are like adepts (although they can't generate the element out of nowwhere) but they are more martial arts oriented. It would be an awesome crossover. Chrono Trigger would also be pretty cool I guess :D

A GS fan-artist agrees with us! Here's a piece of art for you (and any other Avatar fans on this thread).

by Sora-G-Silverwind on DeviantArt

Edit: Fixed it. And I know it shows nothing of how a crossover would work but is funny nonetheless xD

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I agree with the Avatar sentiment. Most of the benders are like adepts (although they can't generate the element out of nowwhere) but they are more martial arts oriented. It would be an awesome crossover. Chrono Trigger would also be pretty cool I guess :D

A GS fan-artist agrees with us! Here's a piece of art for you (and any other Avatar fans on this thread).

by Sora-G-Silverwind on DeviantArt
That axe-boomerang reminded me of Swordchucks. (You get a cookie if you know what that's from)

Also, the picture isn't showing up, I had to follow links and do work to see it.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
That axe-boomerang reminded me of Swordchucks. (You get a cookie if you know what that's from)

Also, the picture isn't showing up, I had to follow links and do work to see it.
Works now?

Edit: I didn't know about Swordchucks so I googled it, heh heh. Do I still get a cookie?

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
I stopped following the RTC thread a while ago due to loss of interest. That and I like to check all posts in a forum and it was getting a bit long each day. Similarly, I've fallen behind on the "Canon Tier" thread, but I digress.

Well both games have lots of Puzzles in them. Golden Sun is sort of a mix between Zelda and Final Fantasy in a lot of regards.
"This is a special announcement from Camelot. We have listened to our fans' requests for tougher puzzles and now we are acting upon this request. Introducing, Golden Sun: Djinn Capture. It will be a Candy Crush-like game featuring the 4 elemental Djinn that will once and for all shed light on the devious mind of Arcanus. Coming to an App Store near you and thank you for please understand."

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
To be honest i don't want to participate in RTC as much as i did back when i first joined the forums.

The more i look at it, the more i dislike it.

Not to mention i have no reason to participate anymore since the only reason i particaped was because of boredom, but now i have Chrono Trigger/homework/other stuff to keep my busy.

I would love to talk about something related to Isaac and GS, but i have no idea to what we could talk about.
I had more respect for the RTC thread back in the lead up to Smash 4 being released. As time passed it seemed more and more like the collective hive mind behind it didn't know what it was talking about. Not to mention they don't cover new ground any more, it's just rehashing the same ones over and over.

In other news I voted for Isaac again on the ballot today. I was on a long bus journey and it had WiFi so I tried sending in another vote. It appeared to work.

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
So guys, i have a question.

If the Golden Sun universe had to crossover with other franchise universe from a Video Game/Anime/Cartoon/Movie/other. ¿which one would you choose?
My choices are Avatar:The Last Airbender and Chrono Trigger.
Video Game: Final Fantasy
Anime: One Piece
Cartoon: Avatar: The Last Airbender (What else is there?)
Movie: Lord of the Rings

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
So that guy that we all know thinks Isaac is generic said that something along the lines of

"Again, My opinion at least for this game. Just because we practically have 3 Marths now. If the next game cuts them, I'm okay. Really just my own thoughts, Sorry. ((I always preferred characters with physical abilities or powers I guess.))

Pretty much ones who don't really need a weapon to begin with. Plus I am kind of bitter with the amount of Swordfighters already, seeing them online almost all the time doesn't make it better."

"Characters like Mario and Pac-Man don't need weapons though, They ARE the weapon. :p
Just saying. Please continue on here."

I replied with my short list of everyone that uses a weapon in Smash Bros.
Short list of people who use weapons in Smash:
:4mario:,:4peach:, :rosalina:, :4bowserjr:, :4wario2:, :4diddy:, :4gaw:, :4littlemac:(He's a registered boxer, his fists are legally lethal weapons in non-boxing matches. Smash isn't a boxing match), :4link:, :4sheik:,:4tlink:, :4samus:, :4zss:, :4pit:, :4marth:, :4myfriends:, :4robinm:, :4feroy:, :4lucina:, :4duckhunt:, :4kirby:, :4dedede:, :4metaknight:, :4fox:, :4falco:, :4rob: (Gyromite is not a part of him), :4ness:, :4lucas:, :4falcon: (Blue Falcon), :4villager:, :4olimar:, :4wiifit:,:4shulk:, :4drmario:, :4darkpit:, :4sonic:, :4pacman:, :4miisword:, :4miigun:, :4miibrawl:, :popo:, :wolf:, :snake:, :younglinkmelee:.

I mean if someone doesn't need that weapon like Mario, why the **** does he even have it. He should just be fighting with no weapons/enhancements. Fists only, not even gloves.

littl-myth

Smash Rookie
Need to keep myself on here, the meaning of me being a quiet fan.

Anyway, doing well so far in The Lost Age. Done a lot without the need of the internet.

I can see Isaac using way more psynergy and his sword being that slight back up in attacks, or maybe his basic attacks uses his sword then the combos finishing with a quick psynergy attack.

Isaac is a unique character, might hold similarities to Robin depending on how he would play with his movesets and style. But then I need to buy the game still to see others that will be similar, I only know Robin having the magic and Palutena. The reason why I haven't got the game yet because of waiting for more Golden Sun goodies to pop up.

I tried to vote more on the ballot whilst at college but they have hawk eyes there, I can't write down a long explanation for Isaac without being caught. Well at least I did my fair vote and got many others to.

Jamurai

Victory is my destiny
NNID
Jamurai92
View attachment 73127

I think this set of costumes would be great to see!!

I'd main Karis costume. ;)
That second alt is so fresh. I assume that's Garet? Probably the one I'd use. Actually I like all of Isaac's and would use them all!

Having not played Dark Dawn, Matthew doesn't really resonate with me. I should probably play it at some point...

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13
These will never happen, I'm just listing things.

Golden Sun Crossovers-
Game- Xenoblade Chronicles
TV/Book- Game of Thrones/A Song of Ice and Fire (I have never seen a full episode of the show)

Spootondorf

Smash Apprentice
As for the whole crossover thing, I would like to see a Golden Sun fighting game with the mechanics of either Smash or Pokkén.
Yup, same here, and I'm not sure why more people aren't keen on the idea. The only reasons I can think of are that they think there would be too many clones and that Nintendo would just never make such a game. The latter is definitely true right now, but as far as clones go, there is significant latitude in how the same Golden Sun move could be implemented in a Smash-like game. If the roster comprised only GS characters, there's no reason why liberties couldn't be taken, as long as things didn't get too far-fetched.

Example 1: Odyssey. It differs between The Lost Age and Dark Dawn. Felix and Matthew could therefore have game-corresponding versions of the move. Isaac's could be a variant of Felix's. The move could also take on a different role for each character, dependent on fighting style. That is, the optimal circumstances for Isaac to use the move would differ from those for Felix, and his would differ from those for Matthew.

Example 2: Gaia. Does it act like it does in GS, or does the ground open up in one spot, then another, then another, progressing from in front of a character to in back of them? If the former, is it targeted in front of the character or surrounding him? If the latter, does it make a wave in so doing, or does the attack keep happening at each hitbox until the sequence finishes?

Frankly, I enjoy talking about a Golden Sun Smash-like game because it's exciting to think about all the ways it could be done, regardless of the probability of such a game ever officially happening. I know that there had been such a game in development by someone at a GS fan site -- it was sprite-based, and titled "Golden Sun Battle Revolution". Might have been at Golden Sun Realm, in which case record of it is lost, thanks to the forums going away, and I can't find anything about it via a search.

But think about it. The roster would have all 16 adepts from the player's party throughout all three games, plus at least the six main antagonists that we actually fight against. Characters such as Moapa, Briggs, and the Colosso warriors could also join the fray. Maybe Alex, too, should an appropriately awesome and believable moveset be able to be made for him. Even when you consider very similar characters, there's enough diversity -- as explained in my example paragraphs -- in the possible implementations of their moves that cloning could be outright avoided in most circumstances. In fact, the only instance I can think of of two characters who couldn't help but be semi-clones at best is Menardi and Karst, since their move pools aren't as big as that of any protagonist's, and they share some moves.

There's plenty of diversity in Dark Dawn's cast, alone. Himi is completely unlike the other three Venus adepts, as is Sveta compared to the Jupiters. And two characters -- Karis and Amiti -- can use bows, perhaps influencing the optimal range for the rest of their movesets.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I think the RTC actually hurts characters chance unnecessarily.

With people vomiting and pooping their flaunted ignorance all over the place on that thread, I think it actually hurts chances. Since other people read that.

Maybe we should petition them to never rate Isaac's chances again?

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I think the RTC actually hurts characters chance unnecessarily.

With people vomiting and pooping their flaunted ignorance all over the place on that thread, I think it actually hurts chances. Since other people read that.

Maybe we should petition them to never rate Isaac's chances again?
Better yet we petition Smashboards to never have that thread open again because of the ignorance and stupidity spewed there.

D

Deleted member

Let's put it this way.

The more naysayers Isaac gets, the more we can mock them once Isaac makes it in :troll:.

Top Bottom