• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
¿If you were a Psyenergy adept, what element would it be and why?
Would it be Mars(fire), Venus(earth), Mercury(water) or Jupiter(wind)?
That's a loaded question... All possess something of worth and all have their strengths. But perhaps Mercury for it's ability to both destroy and heal in equal measures. Furthermore, it gives access to two of best class series in the game (Then again, all of the Tri-Elemental Classes kicked serious quantities of ass).

Don't forget the fact that humanity is extinct and a good chunk of the planet is flooded, but hey is still not that bad,at least you get the Squid Sisters.
Yeah, but if you were born an Inkling...

Last edited:

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
Guys, i came here to tell you that im going to be very busy with studiying and the like, so don't expect me to upload more comics for a while.
Can anybody here "replace" me and upload the comics while im away?
That second strip looked like they were cheering Isaac on for Smash.

Mars. Fire has always been my favorite power.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I'm making something to pass the time while waiting for Isaac to get Smashified. I hope you'll all like it haha.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Okay so hopefully this is something we'll never see in the main game (because we want Isaac to be playable!), but I wanted to modify my Isaac mii and make him look more Isaac-y. It ended up looking imo a lot better than I expected it to so I thought I'd share it with you guys.

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
Okay so hopefully this is something we'll never see in the main game (because we want Isaac to be playable!), but I wanted to modify my Isaac mii and make him look more Isaac-y. It ended up looking imo a lot better than I expected it to so I thought I'd share it with you guys.

That's actually really good.
To this day, I haven't bothered even touching the Mii Fighters, but now I'm thinking of a potential secondary.
I think the face is self-explanatory, but how did you get that outfit? I don't know a thing about Miis.
Don't forget the fact that humanity is extinct and a good chunk of the planet is flooded, but hey is still not that bad,at least you get the Squid Sisters.

Well anyway, this is a Golden Sun thread so im gonna put this thread on a GS topic.

I don't really care as long as if I am of the Pierrot class, I'm good. I went ride or die with that class first time around.
Mercury element has to be my favorite though. I always loved Alex as a character, and even though I played Golden Sun: The Lost Age first, I was pretty surprised he didn't end up joining the party as the Mercury adept.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
To this day, I haven't bothered even touching the Mii Fighters, but now I'm thinking of a potential secondary.
I think the face is self-explanatory, but how did you get that outfit? I don't know a thing about Miis.

I don't really care as long as if I am of the Pierrot class, I'm good. I went ride or die with that class first time around.
Mercury element has to be my favorite though. I always loved Alex as a character, and even though I played Golden Sun: The Lost Age first, I was pretty surprised he didn't end up joining the party as the Mercury adept.
I just photoshopped some parts of the 3D Isaac model into it. This is my Isaac mii:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956

I recall the Pierrot class being the only one of those item classes that was worth a damn. Of course, everything paled in comparison to the like the Ronin or the Pure Mage. But the Pierrot Series had it's strong points and quite a few of them as I recall. The only major problem was speccing into that series screwed up your Djinn numbers like you wouldn't believe...

In other news, all the K. Rool supporters are going ape (no pun intended) over some stuff. I are sad. This stuff doesn't relate to Isaac and could mean K. Rool could get in. That, as I see it, reduces Isaac's chances. And I have the most awesome of posts planned for the off chance of Isaac getting in... I want to use it... *sigh* Let pessimism reign...

Last edited:

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I recall the Pierrot class being the only one of those item classes that was worth a damn. Of course, everything paled in comparison to the like the Ronin or the Pure Mage. But the Pierrot Series had it's strong points and quite a few of them as I recall. The only major problem was speccing into that series screwed up your Djinn numbers like you wouldn't believe...

In other news, all the K. Rool supporters are going ape (no pun intended) over some stuff. I are sad. This stuff doesn't relate to Isaac and could mean K. Rool could get in. That, as I see it, reduces Isaac's chances. And I have the most awesome of posts planned for the off chance of Isaac getting in... I want to use it... *sigh* Let pessimism reign...
K. Rool getting in pre-ballot just gives Isaac a better chance at winning the ballot lol. I'm happy for K. Rool fans!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
K. Rool getting in pre-ballot just gives Isaac a better chance at winning the ballot lol. I'm happy for K. Rool fans!
Where is anyone stating K. Rool could get in pre-ballot? Is it the assumption that because the ballot "technically" hasn't ended yet, any characters developed now are pre-ballot? Because that's very fault logic. Odds are they started more characters as soon as the previous ones were finished, and likely not just one (or two). I'd say its extremely likely that all the ballot characters were decided and started development already (and its fairly likely Isaac is among them). The ballot characters won't be finished until the ballot ends at the earliest, but that doesn't mean they couldn't have decided who is going to be chosen already, since the ballot ended way too late as is.

Almost everyone got their votes in within the first two months. The ballot didn't need to go on for six months.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Where is anyone stating K. Rool could get in pre-ballot? Is it the assumption that because the ballot "technically" hasn't ended yet, any characters developed now are pre-ballot? Because that's very fault logic. Odds are they started more characters as soon as the previous ones were finished, and likely not just one (or two). I'd say its extremely likely that all the ballot characters were decided and started development already (and its fairly likely Isaac is among them). The ballot characters won't be finished until the ballot ends at the earliest, but that doesn't mean they couldn't have decided who is going to be chosen already, since the ballot ended way too late as is.

Almost everyone got their votes in within the first two months. The ballot didn't need to go on for six months.
There were two unused slots opened before the ballot started, meaning it's safe to assume two characters where started or already in planning without even consulting the Ballot results. They will likely also be working on the front runner ballot characters too, but there are 2 more (for 5 in total including Ryu, Roy and Lucas) characters who were decided before the ballot, and people are hoping K.Rool is one of them.

Last edited:

PWN3

Smash Apprentice

I was really, really scared for a moment when I saw this. My heart was just about ready to break.

Great work, though! Looks really professionally done.

D

Deleted member

Well, since @Speedwagon is going to be absent for some days, I'll try to post a comic daily to replace him for the time being (I hope everyone is okay with this).

Enjoy.

Thanks for covering me Johnny. I'll promise i will return.

Last edited by a moderator:

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
I thought nothing was pre-ballot anymore? Didn't Mash Potato Samurai say everything now is "fanservice" from the ballot? Not that it wouldn't be surprising if he said something wrong. again.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I thought nothing was pre-ballot anymore? Didn't Mash Potato Samurai say everything now is "fanservice" from the ballot? Not that it wouldn't be surprising if he said something wrong. again.
Yup that is indeed what Massive Hero Soccer Guy said.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Yup that is indeed what Massive Hero Soccer Guy said.
There is a fighter ballot on the official Smash for Wii U/3DS website. We’ve received an extremely large number of votes, but of course, Lucas, Roy, and Ryu were in developed even before the ballot was created. I had a grasp on their popularity and demand, though.

From now on, it is going to be fan service [2] , but I can’t keep the development team together forever, so there’s only going to be several more characters [3]. I also ask for your patience, as we need time to develop more content.
Specifically, he said that future developed characters will be fan service. However, he does not say that he doesn't have other characters already in development from pre-ballot.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Even so, he likely has access to the ballot results and if he knows the characters he has are very popular it's not like they won't be fan-service anyways.

ferioku

Smash Ace
That Mii fighter is pretty awesome =O

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I've seen the King K. Rool rumour and well, I feel it's a possibility that he might be DLC this August, probably alongside Wolf. If this happened, then Isaac would probably be the ballot winner.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
And the ballot winner gets a super amazing intro trailer cause he is the Winner :p Plus an alt (Felix/Matthew) and custom moves!

I like this idea already ;)

D

Deleted member

I've seen the King K. Rool rumour and well, I feel it's a possibility that he might be DLC this August, probably alongside Wolf. If this happened, then Isaac would probably be the ballot winner.
I would agree to this.

Frankly, as far as the rumors went, I am not surprised at all that K. Rool would be the most popular choice. I'm thankful people didn't divulge into saying really outlandish comments like a playable Ridley or a Goku and instead channeled their choices into different things. Shovel Knight is sorta weird, but it also has cult appeal, is an accessable game (it's available just about everywhere), and wouldn't be hard to impliment. But, he's a third party character, and not a massive one at that, so I'm assuming they'll go down the list to find a Nintendo character that they can use, and Isaac would be next in line as far as acceptable choices.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
Premium
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
This topic has fallen far too far from the top of the page and is in danger of falling off the First Page.

Therefore, I shall make a Post. This Post shall be relevant.

Are you a Kid or a Squid?

Err... I mean umm...

Isaac4Smash4.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
For anyone not watching SGDQ, the background music on the current between-game setup is the Colosso theme. So many fond memories!

http://www-origin.twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

EDIT: Just changed to Venus Lighthouse. Oh gosh, the nostalgia!
EDIT 2: Golden Sun music over. :(

Last edited:

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
Just checked out the K Rool thread. It's not looking pretty, but I say that we should just hope for the best for Isaac and remain respectful as if there is an Isaac mii costume, hope that it is not the end all be all.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I still don't even think its the end for K. Rool, but I'm currently expecting the worst and hoping for the best. Regardless, this is still a good thing for K. Rool... just not as good as everyone had hoped. (Unless its just an elaborate troll, and they included the costumes because they can't really do character costumes as DLC, so they included them as Mii costumes).

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13
I am so confused? I still think K.Rool will get in(I'm not 100% sure). This may give Isaac a better chance in the ballot if K.Rool is out, although I doubt it.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I am so confused? I still think K.Rool will get in(I'm not 100% sure). This may give Isaac a better chance in the ballot if K.Rool is out, although I doubt it.
If K. Rool is out, odds are Isaac will just be a costume (or not in at all). K. Rool was far more highly requested than Isaac, though based on the polls Isaac was still very high for Nintendo... I literally cannot think of anyone except those two who could possibly be chosen through the ballot.

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13
Piers is just too good, Alex can't compete. (Sorry I LOVE Piers):love:

smashtriforce77

Smash Cadet
Maybe they planned Dixie Kong for a newcomer DK, so the chances of Isaac do not decrease if King k.Rool can not.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I have to say if Sakurai was telling the truth about doing fan service from here on out something smells really fishy. There's no way he'd pick Dixie over King K Rool if he was looking to what the fans wanted. They clearly support K Rool over Dixie. (even in Japan)

On the other hand it could be some bizarre way of announcing the ballot winners. (It could happen)

I would say though that I don't think this really affects Isaac, I mean if you're using King K Rool to say that Isaac certainly isn't getting in then you'd have to discount every other character since King K Rool probably won the ballot.

Maybe this is just a quick, easy way to tell the fans "We hear you".

Last edited:
Top Bottom