• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I prefer doing it just because it leads to funny after-effects. Like how messed up the dialogue boxes are at the end of the lighthouse.
It does? I have never noticed that -_- and I have done that sequence break in all my GS playthroughs except the first one.

D

Deleted member

It does? I have never noticed that -_- and I have done that sequence break in all my GS playthroughs except the first one.
What kind of sequence break are you guys talking about.

Well anyway, here's tonami minato's last comic:

STAGE 1 CLEAR.
NEXT STAGE:KOUTAKE HIROYOSHI.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
What kind of sequence break are you guys talking about.
Completing Mercury Lighthouse before Kolima Forest. AKA: The correct way to do things. :awesome:

Well anyway, here's tonami minato's last comic:

STAGE 1 CLEAR.
NEXT STAGE:KOUTAKE HIROYOSHI.
But the Altin monsters spurt yucky water out, not suitable for drinking or bathing. The Altin villagers confirm this if you Mind Read them.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I will be a little busy today, so i'm likely just going to post one comic today:

Also,remember when TLA wasn’t even a thing yet?

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I thought Splatoon was the way to "Stay Fresh" :p

Hell yeah it is. And because you made mention of this, I now have an inkling to post a picture of an Inkling:

OK, maybe I posted several pictures of several Inklings...

Isaac 4 Smash 4.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
If the Mars Adept tribe are half-human, half-dragon, are the Mercury Adepts half-kid human, half-squid?

D

Deleted member

It's good to see that you guys are enjoying the comics.
When i first came to this thread, i wanted to post them so we can be entertained while waiting for the Ballot to end.
Also:

Mia can be absolute cuteness, but you better don't mess with her, or else.............

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I recall the part where she asked if there was a Pharmacy at the very bottom of the cave.

In other news, Splatoon really is a great game when you think about it...

You turn 14, you get to leave school, buy enough guns to equip a small army, and spend your days shooting and getting shot by your fellow 14, 15 year old inkling buddies in what can only be the national pastime of your society and get paid mega bucks to do it. That's not too bad. I suppose getting splatted might kinda suck, but hey, it's not permanent.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I recall the part where she asked if there was a Pharmacy at the very bottom of the cave.

In other news, Splatoon really is a great game when you think about it...

You turn 14, you get to leave school, buy enough guns to equip a small army, and spend your days shooting and getting shot by your fellow 14, 15 year old inkling buddies in what can only be the national pastime of your society and get paid mega bucks to do it. That's not too bad. I suppose getting splatted might kinda suck, but hey, it's not permanent.
Don't forget the fact that humanity is extinct and a good chunk of the planet is flooded, but hey is still not that bad,at least you get the Squid Sisters.

Well anyway, this is a Golden Sun thread so im gonna put this thread on a GS topic.

¿If you were a Psyenergy adept, what element would it be and why?
Would it be Mars(fire), Venus(earth), Mercury(water) or Jupiter(wind)?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
A Venus adept with Jupiter Djinn loaded. Air and Earth, two opposite but completely awesome (and dominating) powers. I wouldn't mind only Jupiter either, as long as I am the unreleased warrior type :p Mind read and reveal are pretty nice powers not to mention experimenting with flying using the wind!

Plus I would like to try out some of the stuff in Avatar: The Last Airbender besides Golden Sun psynergy. Adept + Bender = Uberly awesome!

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Don't forget the fact that humanity is extinct and a good chunk of the planet is flooded, but hey is still not that bad,at least you get the Squid Sisters.

Well anyway, this is a Golden Sun thread so im gonna put this thread on a GS topic.

¿If you were a Psyenergy adept, what element would it be and why?
Would it be Mars(fire), Venus(earth), Mercury(water) or Jupiter(wind)?
Ugh, that's hard. All of them would be awesome. I guess Mercury (I like water plus if I'm ever thirsty or hot just use douse. Also the fact that there's a healing spell in that element)

Mario123311

Smash Ace
I... Really only remember this guy as an Assist Trophy in Brawl, really. :/ ....That's about it. ((Then again I have never been a huge RPG junkie save for the Mario and Luigi & Paper Mario games.))

....Please don't hurt me.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I... Really only remember this guy as an Assist Trophy in Brawl, really. :/ ....That's about it. ((Then again I have never been a huge RPG junkie save for the Mario and Luigi & Paper Mario games.))

Read the OP to learn more about him. Basically if you want to know (I'm guessing you do), Isaac is a swordsman who is an Venus Adept. He can control the earth basically. He can also use summons, use his Djinn (kinda give him stat buffs and attacks), use plants, and summon weird demon skull things.

D

Deleted member

.......So what was the point about coming to this thread if you don't care about him?:confused:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

The first two games are available on the Wii U VC if you're interested.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Read the OP to learn more about him. Basically if you want to know (I'm guessing you do), Isaac is a swordsman who is an Venus Adept. He can control the earth basically. He can also use summons, use his Djinn (kinda give him stat buffs and attacks), use plants, and summon weird demon skull things.
....Yeaaaaah, not interested. Sorry... I'm not going to stop any of you but I really still don't get the appeal of these types of characters personally... I hear people call Pac-Man "boring" or "generic" yet a lot of RPG's I see have characters like this... I just... Really don't get it personally.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
....Yeaaaaah, not interested. Sorry... I'm not going to stop any of you but I really still don't get the appeal of these types of characters personally... I hear people call Pac-Man "boring" or "generic" yet a lot of RPG's I see have characters like this... I just... Really don't get it personally.
I mean there is literally no one else that Nintendo owns that can manipulate the Earth besides Isaac, Matthew, and Felix. AND GUESS WHAT, they are all from Golden Sun.

D

Deleted member

Again, if you're just going to come here and say "lol guys i don't like your character like mine plz" you're just asking yourself for trouble.

If you just came here to say that, then get out please, or elese i'll call the mods before this gets heated like that accident with KeyBladePony, im warning you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mario123311

Smash Ace
Again, if you're just going to come here and say "lol guys i don't like your character like mine plz" you're just asking yourself for trouble.

If you just came here to say that, then get out please, or elese i'll call the mods before this gets heated like that accident with KeyBladePony, im warning you.
Except I did not come here to just make people mad or anything. I just am wondering why these type of characters seem so special to everyone else. Maybe I have weird tastes but that's me. I already said it's not to stop people from voting, I just don't get the appeal personally and wish someone could explain... And no, It's not because of the character being from an RPG...

I think we have plenty of counter-blocking swordsmen already at this point though. ((And personally... I prefer oddball characters... Kind of why I want Slime. He's an RPG character.))

Now you can continue. Please do not make this heated, I DON'T want any arguments.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Except I did not come here to just make people mad or anything. I just am wondering why these type of characters seem so special to everyone else. Maybe I have weird tastes but that's me. I already said it's not to stop people from voting, I just don't get the appeal personally and wish someone could explain... And no, It's not because of the character being from an RPG...

I think we have plenty of counter-blocking swordsmen already at this point though. ((And personally... I prefer oddball characters... Kind of why I want Slime. He's an RPG character.))

Now you can continue. Please do not make this heated, I DON'T want any arguments.
The reason most of us (at least me) want him in is because he can ****ing manipulate the earth. Also the whole demon and plant thing.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Isaac magic man that summons rocks and gods makes things move or shake. We want him because that's awesome

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
I don't think there's even a Counter ability in Golden Sun from what I recall so "counter-blocking swordsman" doesn't really work.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I don't think there's even a Counter ability in Golden Sun from what I recall so "counter-blocking swordsman" doesn't really work.
Also most of us who make movesets for Isaac think that he should not use his sword for a majority of his attacks (I would use them for like his jab combo and some aerials). We want him to be earth magic based.

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
How many is this now? That is, people rolling into our thread and outright wondering why and how we could possibly support Isaac?

The reason is the exact same for the people that support King K. Rool, Krystal, Bandana Dee, Ice Climbers, Inkling, Roy, Wolf, Ryu, or any other of the myriad of characters that are supported for DLC: we're fans of the game, we're fans of the character, we think the character is cool, we like the character and we want to see them in Smash4. What more do you need? Let people support and vote for who they want to. Don't question it. There's no need.

I don't understand why people support King K. Rool the way they do, but I don't worry myself over it. Why? Because I can understand the very basic reasoning:
They're fans of his game.
They're fans of him.
They like him.
They think he's cool.
They want to see him in Smash4.
Therefore, they support him.

That's all I need to know. That's all I need to know for ANY OTHER CHARACTER that I don't support. Hell, I even understand it in regards to characters I'm actually opposed to seeing in the game. And I respect it, and I leave it be.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

If you are worried about him being a swordsman, don't. Yes, he can technically wield a sword. Or an axe or a mace.

However, there is a reason why most of the move sets we've built don't use the sword at all.

Isaac can manipulate the element of Earth through Psynergy. Think Psi powers like Ness or Lucas, but instead of Thunder or Fire, he causes earthquakes, summons falling rocks, or grows vines and nettles to hurt his opponents.

He also has Djinn to manipulate. Each Djinni has its own unique effect, from tying down enemies, to throwing giant boulders, to healing Isaac, or even more complex moves like draining hits. Once used, these spirits can summon more powerful forces like ancient creatures of mythology to deal even greater damage.

The Djinn can also change Isaac's elemental focus, allowing him to manipulate ice and water, or fire and lava, or wind and storms.

And let's talk about the weapons, for a moment. Even if we use Isaac's weapons, he need not ever swing a blade. This is because most of the weapons (and all of the most famous/powerful ones) in the series have alternate effects besides attacking. The most famous blade in the game, the Sol Blade, is most widely known for dropping a meteorite from the skies into Isaac's foes. The Tisiphone Edge summons Vengeance to riddle the foe with arrows. The Masamune attacks with two ethereal dragons.

And don't worry about Isaac counter-attacking either. While there is one single Djinni (of more than 70 in the game) that can counter, there is far too much potential to make that a part of his move set.

In short, Isaac would play drastically differently from any other character in Smash. And even if he used his weapons, he would be anything but a retread swordsman. See the OP for more detail.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
How many is this now? That is, people rolling into our thread and outright wondering why and how we could possibly support Isaac?

The reason is the exact same for the people that support King K. Rool, Krystal, Bandana Dee, Ice Climbers, Inkling, Roy, Wolf, Ryu, or any other of the myriad of characters that are supported for DLC: we're fans of the game, we're fans of the character, we think the character is cool, we like the character and we want to see them in Smash4. What more do you need? Let people support and vote for who they want to. Don't question it. There's no need.

I don't understand why people support King K. Rool the way they do, but I don't worry myself over it. Why? Because I can understand the very basic reasoning:
They're fans of his game.
They're fans of him.
They like him.
They think he's cool.
They want to see him in Smash4.
Therefore, they support him.

That's all I need to know. That's all I need to know for ANY OTHER CHARACTER that I don't support. Hell, I even understand it in regards to characters I'm actually opposed to seeing in the game. And I respect it, and I leave it be.
To be fair, he sounded as though he was just looking for more information when he first came to the thread, and only got dismissive when @ POKEMANSPIKA POKEMANSPIKA mentioned the word "swordsman" (which he bolded in his dismissive second post).

In other words, it's our own fault for turning someone curious against us by failing to highlight Isaac's uniqueness (we've been fighting the "oh another swordsman" thing for over a year, why would you mention that to someone wanting more info?!), and by being overly hostile.

Top Bottom