• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
To be fair, he sounded as though he was just looking for more information when he first came to the thread, and only got dismissive when @ POKEMANSPIKA POKEMANSPIKA mentioned the word "swordsman" (which he bolded in his dismissive second post).

In other words, it's our own fault for turning someone curious against us by failing to highlight Isaac's uniqueness (we've been fighting the "oh another swordsman" thing for over a year, why would you mention that to someone wanting more info?!), and by being overly hostile.
I pointed out the other things he can do. I didn't just say swordsman. Seems to me that he dismissed Isaac as soon as he saw that word and decided to not read further on. Isaac is a swordsman BUT he can do other things that are far more intriguing than any other swordsman.

Last edited:

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
To be fair, he sounded as though he was just looking for more information when he first came to the thread, and only got dismissive when @ POKEMANSPIKA POKEMANSPIKA mentioned the word "swordsman" (which he bolded in his dismissive second post).

In other words, it's our own fault for turning someone curious against us by failing to highlight Isaac's uniqueness (we've been fighting the "oh another swordsman" thing for over a year, why would you mention that to someone wanting more info?!), and by being overly hostile.
I suppose the hostility comes from a once bitten twice shy. We have had people in the past roll up here and start pissing contests and outright express displeasure at the thought that people support Isaac. We're probably getting paranoid.

Mario123311

Smash Ace

Thank you for understanding. Again, Now while he is still sort of "meh" for me... I'm not really against him now I guess.

I'll let you all continue now, Just please no flame wars.

D

Deleted member

I apologize if i sounded rude. It's just that i misunderstood the situation. Im sorry.
Have another comic just in case:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Thank you for understanding. Again, Now while he is still sort of "meh" for me... I'm not really against him now I guess.

Thank you for sticking around long enough to hear me out. We have had to put up with a lot of noisy detractors over time, and we have gotten rather irritable and defensive because of it.

Also, something I forgot to mention:

Isaac can also manipulate the world and objects around him. Remember his Assist Trophy appearance? That was him using the Psynergy "Move", which pushes away objects. There are also a number of other Psynergy abilities, such as "Lift", which can hoist platforms into the air, "Catch" and "Grip", which both grab distant objects", "Lash", which can be used to tie off a tether to reach high locations, and plenty more. Giving him, again, more utility and diversity. Imagine if, like Move in his Assist Trophy appearance, Isaac had a host of moves which did no damage but could directly manipulate his foes if he landed them?

Liverpool19

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Clemo13
Don't forget the fact that humanity is extinct and a good chunk of the planet is flooded, but hey is still not that bad,at least you get the Squid Sisters.

Well anyway, this is a Golden Sun thread so im gonna put this thread on a GS topic.

¿If you were a Psyenergy adept, what element would it be and why?
Would it be Mars(fire), Venus(earth), Mercury(water) or Jupiter(wind)?
Venus, because you would have awesome hair, look at Isaac, Felix and Matthew. Also Ragnarok looks cool.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

A huge appeal of Isaac is the psynergy itself. Yeah, he does -use- a sword, but the sword is only one component of it, and Isaac doesn't even have to use a sword in the games. What differentiates Isaac and GS is psynergy, especially since Isaac is a Venus (Earth) adept and can manipulate the ground by creating earthquakes, rock spires, raised up rocks and boulders from the ground, as well as the other aspect of psynergy--telekinesis. In the GS universe moving things without touching them, telekinesis, is represented by hands.

Isaac was chosen in Brawl as an Assist Trophy, but he doesn't use a sword (even though you can see it on his model). Instead, the thing he specifically uses is "Move." These could be incorporated into his moveset, or even be made into his grabs.

That said, the primary reason people want Isaac is just because they love Golden Sun. However, many people also see massive potential in his numerous attacks and abilities he can use. Isaac could be built from the ground up and not use a sword at all, though odds are he would use it for at least a few attacks.

Capita

Smash Apprentice
NNID
n1ntendogamer
Why is the majority of responses to detracting opinions "call da modz!" If someone has a detracting opinion, you're always free to share what you believe, or you could quite simply redirect detractors to the original post to prove your point. A mod quite simply won't care if someone says "I don't like Isaac, tell me why Isaac should be in the game." I didn't use my one vote for anyone but Isaac. I have my reasons, and I'm sure others have their reasons.

On a side note, the likelihood of Isaac becoming another sword-user is pretty high, which is what I want honestly, despite the lack of axe or mace users, a sword quite simply feels more fitting for Isaac. What I wonder is whether he'll have a light sword or a long sword. I'd rather a light sword since quicker characters are often more viable characters.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Don't forget the fact that humanity is extinct and a good chunk of the planet is flooded, but hey is still not that bad,at least you get the Squid Sisters.

Well anyway, this is a Golden Sun thread so im gonna put this thread on a GS topic.

Pretty sure I would be a Mars Adept.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Why is the majority of responses to detracting opinions "call da modz!" If someone has a detracting opinion, you're always free to share what you believe, or you could quite simply redirect detractors to the original post to prove your point. A mod quite simply won't care if someone says "I don't like Isaac, tell me why Isaac should be in the game." I didn't use my one vote for anyone but Isaac. I have my reasons, and I'm sure others have their reasons.
Actually, the rules are very clear on this. It is against the rules to enter a character thread just to disparage a character or the fan base.

"In addition, do not attack other character support threads that support a character you dislike."

This is why "call the mods" is a perfectly valid response to a detractor (although, again, if you think this is happening, the Report button is what you should use). This wasn't a detractor situation, though, so it was being overly defensive.

On a side note, the likelihood of Isaac becoming another sword-user is pretty high, which is what I want honestly, despite the lack of axe or mace users, a sword quite simply feels more fitting for Isaac. What I wonder is whether he'll have a light sword or a long sword. I'd rather a light sword since quicker characters are often more viable characters.
While he likely will use a sword for his weapon attacks, I expect very few of them to be a part of his overall design. He has too many other options.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Well, yeah, he'd more than likely wield a sword, but the question is: how much of his moveset will be sword-based? Frankly, they could get away with Isaac's entire moveset being psynergy and maybe just have a couple of aerials and his standard string as sword attacks.

Personally, I like the idea of using the animations from Odyssey as his standard string. Not the shockwaves, just the swings themselves. (Though it would be cool if they did base it on Odyssey if there's a way to "upgrade" the attacks to include the full Odyssey combo).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Most detractors voice their thoughts in a very that is very likely to rile up the supporters. Detractors who are actually willing to debate and listen are very few and far in between. Of course, if you're being polite and reasonable, saying you don't like a character is allowed, but hostility can come from either side, so it's discouraged.

I think he'll probably have a broadsword. Though I don't expect him to use it outside his tilts, jabs and aerials.

:231:

D

Deleted member

What have i done?............
Well anyway, have the last comic of koutake hiroyoshi.

The REAL final boss if Golden Sun:MISSINGNO.

STAGE 2:KOUTAKE HIROYOSHI CLEAR.
NEXT STAGE:IGARASHI EMI.

D

Deleted member

Guys, have you seen Vinny's corruptions?
Do you think he could corrupt Golden Sun and GS:The Lost Age? He corrupted Pokemon Emerald, after all.
Anyway:
STAGE 3:IGARASHI EMI

COME ON AND SLAM, AND WELCOME TO THE JAM!

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Someone made an observation that King K. Rool's name is trademarked in DK Jungle Climber that came out on the eshop a few days ago. If the trademark is recent, does that mean King K. Rool may be coming to Smash? http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/Xa0YAXm9S_tEzs80av_qC7c-U5HyY_uQ

If you look at some of the other descriptions you see that K. Rool isn't trademarked: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/0iK_ty5H0gYk6J21Yk5BzvlcCzJmKOWz

They said they wouldn't be deciding on the ballot character until October right? Hopefully if this is a hint for K. Rool as a Smash character, that's a good sign for Isaac as the ballot character too.

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
Someone made an observation that King K. Rool's name is trademarked in DK Jungle Climber that came out on the eshop a few days ago. If the trademark is recent, does that mean King K. Rool may be coming to Smash? http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/Xa0YAXm9S_tEzs80av_qC7c-U5HyY_uQ

If you look at some of the other descriptions you see that K. Rool isn't trademarked: http://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/0iK_ty5H0gYk6J21Yk5BzvlcCzJmKOWz

They said they wouldn't be deciding on the ballot character until October right? Hopefully if this is a hint for K. Rool as a Smash character, that's a good sign for Isaac as the ballot character too.
Perhaps, but I would not say that it means much. Many times companies will trademark character names simply to stop other companies from creating characters with the same name. I would call it more insurance rather than a confirmation.

Hope for K. Rool fans? Maybe, I'm happy for them if it is. But I think one of the biggest problem still remains that the Donkey Kong Country series (AKA, the K.Rool character,) is co-owned by Rare, now owned by Microsoft.

Edit: The Donkey Kong Country Series has to be owned by Nintendo now, Considering the new Donkey Kong Country games I.E. Tropical Freeze. It just seems odd to me that Nintendo has not brought back K.Rool from the 1990s games into the modern series.

I might be wrong though, so if you can find a source that the Country games are wholly owned by Nintendo now, please let me know.

Edit: I was wrong.

Last edited:

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I might be wrong though, so if you can find a source that the Country games are wholly owned by Nintendo now, please let me know.
Not sure if you would consider this proof, but The Country games are on the Nintendo eshop but not part of the Rare 30 that was announced at E3 (including Banjo Kazooie), so I guess that would imply they're wholly owned by Nintendo?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Perhaps, but I would not say that it means much. Many times companies will trademark character names simply to stop other companies from creating characters with the same name. I would call it more insurance rather than a confirmation.

Hope for K. Rool fans? Maybe, I'm happy for them if it is. But I think one of the biggest problem still remains that the Donkey Kong Country series (AKA, the K.Rool character,) is co-owned by Rare, now owned by Microsoft.

https://twitter.com/rareltd/status/25013528136

It's never been a Rare property, EVER. Rare developed the games with permission from Nintendo. Nintendo owns the IP and all characters associated with it.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

Hope it's not too late a response, but I'd probably go with Mercury, myself. Water would have quite a bit of offensive and defensive measures to it, as you can use the water to heal people or turn it into ice and create sharp pillars like that. That's one of the reasons why I might associate myself with Mercury.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

In Donkey Kong Country Returns and Tropical Freeze there is no mention of Microsoft or Rare in the credits. King K. Rool has appeared in other games past Rare's DK era. King K. Rool and the Donkey Kong series is entirely and wholly owned by Nintendo.

Apollyon

Smash Apprentice
Not sure if you would consider this proof, but The Country games are on the Nintendo eshop but not part of the Rare 30 that was announced at E3 (including Banjo Kazooie), so I guess that would imply they're wholly owned by Nintendo?
In Donkey Kong Country Returns and Tropical Freeze there is no mention of Microsoft or Rare in the credits. King K. Rool has appeared in other games past Rare's DK era. King K. Rool and the Donkey Kong series is entirely and wholly owned by Nintendo.
Yeah, I did some quick research following my other post, DKC is entirely owned by Nintendo at this point. Great, More hope for K.Rool fans. I still personally think it is just insurance though.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Edit: The Donkey Kong Country Series has to be owned by Nintendo now, Considering the new Donkey Kong Country games I.E. Tropical Freeze. It just seems odd to me that Nintendo has not brought back K.Rool from the 1990s games into the modern series.

Edit: I was wrong.
Another fun fact: even Banjo-Kazooie was owned by Nintendo before the buyout. However, since Donkey Kong was originally Nintendo-created, they still kept all the Rare-created characters and elements, but Nintendo allowed Rare and Microsoft to keep Banjo-Kazooie. If Nintendo really wanted to they could've kept Banjo-Kazooie because they 100% owned the IP. Diddy Kong Racing actually proves that Nintendo once owned Banjo.

Yeah, I did some quick research following my other post, DKC is entirely owned by Nintendo at this point. Great, More hope for K.Rool fans. I still personally think it is just insurance though.
I think most people realize it is "just insurance," but if you think about it... why bother doing it for characters (Tiny, Chunky, and Lanky were also trademarked on DK64's page) if you don't care about bringing them back later? I don't think it means -too much-, but it definitely means they're still interested in the characters. Plus its further proof that the characters are still owned by Nintendo, so if nothing else there is that to point out to people who erroneously continue to claim that Microsoft owns K. Rool.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Another fun fact: even Banjo-Kazooie was owned by Nintendo before the buyout. However, since Donkey Kong was originally Nintendo-created, they still kept all the Rare-created characters and elements, but Nintendo allowed Rare and Microsoft to keep Banjo-Kazooie. If Nintendo really wanted to they could've kept Banjo-Kazooie because they 100% owned the IP. Diddy Kong Racing actually proves that Nintendo once owned Banjo.

I think most people realize it is "just insurance," but if you think about it... why bother doing it for characters (Tiny, Chunky, and Lanky were also trademarked on DK64's page) if you don't care about bringing them back later? I don't think it means -too much-, but it definitely means they're still interested in the characters. Plus its further proof that the characters are still owned by Nintendo, so if nothing else there is that to point out to people who erroneously continue to claim that Microsoft owns K. Rool.
Nintendo giving up Banjo Kazooie was the worst idea ever.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Nintendo giving up Banjo Kazooie was the worst idea ever.
In itself I don't think so. Sure it's annoying, but one franchise with no developers compared to Microsoft being able to release Lanky Kong Nuts and Bolts is worth it imo. That said they also gave up Perfect Dark and Killer Instinct, and Battletoads, if they actually release a Battletoads Wii it would've been a best seller just on the joke factor).

Donkey Kong's a big thing, and keeping the image of it up was a good idea, but loosing out on Perfect Dark in the FPS age, especially when it's surveillance cameras would be absolutely perfect for the Wii U Gamepad... I think loosing that IP was actually a bigger mistake in the long run than Banjo. Loosing both, especially given how poorly they handled DK in the GCN era... yeah, they made a bum deal.

Anyways, the games this thread is interested in isn't Donkey Sun or Golden Kong, so... how about dem djinni, eh? They're pretty happening! *fails at getting the thread back on topic*

D

Deleted member

This has to be my least favorite comic. It's just.........just.........eh, nevermind.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
In itself I don't think so. Sure it's annoying, but one franchise with no developers compared to Microsoft being able to release Lanky Kong Nuts and Bolts is worth it imo. That said they also gave up Perfect Dark and Killer Instinct, and Battletoads, if they actually release a Battletoads Wii it would've been a best seller just on the joke factor).

Donkey Kong's a big thing, and keeping the image of it up was a good idea, but loosing out on Perfect Dark in the FPS age, especially when it's surveillance cameras would be absolutely perfect for the Wii U Gamepad... I think loosing that IP was actually a bigger mistake in the long run than Banjo. Loosing both, especially given how poorly they handled DK in the GCN era... yeah, they made a bum deal.

Anyways, the games this thread is interested in isn't Donkey Sun or Golden Kong, so... how about dem djinni, eh? They're pretty happening! *fails at getting the thread back on topic*
Battletoads was always owned by Rare. I don't know about Perfect Dark and Killer Instinct, but the Rare partnership didn't happen until Rare started working on Donkey Kong Country. They were still primarily producing games for Rare, but it wasn't until they showed off the tech they got from their NES funds that Nintendo put their stock into Rare, and that tech was later used to produce Donkey Kong Country.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Battletoads was always owned by Rare. I don't know about Perfect Dark and Killer Instinct, but the Rare partnership didn't happen until Rare started working on Donkey Kong Country. They were still primarily producing games for Rare, but it wasn't until they showed off the tech they got from their NES funds that Nintendo put their stock into Rare, and that tech was later used to produce Donkey Kong Country.
Ah, fair play, I take it back on the Battletoads front, but Perfect Dark was a Nintendo IP at least, it even had an item in Melee to attest for it. I also know that Nintendo was consulted for a Killer Instinct GCN just before everything went to pot, so I'd presume that means Ninty owned the rights.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ah, fair play, I take it back on the Battletoads front, but Perfect Dark was a Nintendo IP at least, it even had an item in Melee to attest for it. I also know that Nintendo was consulted for a Killer Instinct GCN just before everything went to pot, so I'd presume that means Ninty owned the rights.
Probably, again, I'm not too sure. Rare was a really mixed bag in it all. I think whenever Nintendo published the IP, Nintendo owned it. When Rare self-published, Rare owned it.

D

Deleted member

Guys, i came here to tell you that im going to be very busy with studiying and the like, so don't expect me to upload more comics for a while.
Can anybody here "replace" me and upload the comics while im away?

Top Bottom