• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think Banjo-Kazooie was popular, but it wasn't that requested, considering that he is owned by Microsoft, however, his popularity and demand grew a lot when Phil Spencer (I think it was him, not sure) said he would like to see BK on Super Smash.
He never stopped being popular, but no one requested him much before the ballot because they thought he was impossible.

Villager's_Mewtwo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mewtwo12
3DS FC
0602-6514-9988
E3's less then a month away :D Anyone else think that Isaac will be revealed then? I think we'll get 3 new character reveals and Isaac will be one of them

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
E3's less then a month away :D Anyone else think that Isaac will be revealed then? I think we'll get 3 new character reveals and Isaac will be one of them
General rule of thumb for Smash speculation: Never assume the character you really want gets revealed at a certain date.
Never ends well.

I'm honestly only expecting Ryu to be shown, though I could see another one, either Wolf or Roy. Not any unexpected characters though, because...well, that's what Ryu was supposed to be.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
He never stopped being popular, but no one requested him much before the ballot because they thought he was impossible.
I still do. He may be popular as all heck, but I can't see Nintendo being foolish enough to give the free advertising to Microsoft. Even if they can license the character for free and don't have to give any of the profits for the DLC to Microsoft (which is incredibly unlikely), it is a circumstance of them basically handing over game sales to their competition. Unless Nintendo buys the IP, I don't think he'll get in, nor do I think he SHOULD get in until then.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I've considered and entertained the possibility, and I can see it happening. But I'm not expecting it. Unless there's a specific reason Isaac is DLC and will be shown at next E3 specifically it's just unfounded speculation.
At the very least I'm confident we'll see Ryu, Roy and a third at-this-point-unknown character, just like we got 3 characters last E3.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
That's a funny way to spell Wolf. Not to mention Sakurai will be attending a Fire Emblem concert
Meh, it could be whoever. Wolf, Isaac, K Rool, whatever, I don't think we know enough to speculate properly on the matter.

I'm aware of Sakurai attending an FE concert.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I still do. He may be popular as all heck, but I can't see Nintendo being foolish enough to give the free advertising to Microsoft. Even if they can license the character for free and don't have to give any of the profits for the DLC to Microsoft (which is incredibly unlikely), it is a circumstance of them basically handing over game sales to their competition. Unless Nintendo buys the IP, I don't think he'll get in, nor do I think he SHOULD get in until then.
Oh, I think he's impossible as well. However, the ballot (and Phil Spencer) gave people hope that it could actually happen.

As for an E3 character reveal, I think we'll get Ryu and Wolf, then one other character as well who is not Roy (I think he'll be announced around the time of the FE concert; maybe not AT the event specifically but around that time).

I think the most likely pick for a third character announced at E3 is K. Rool, but Isaac is plausible as well. That said, I do think its a lot less likely we'd see Isaac than K. Rool. Its also possible we won't get either of them.

Calane

Smash Ace
Oh, I think he's impossible as well. However, the ballot (and Phil Spencer) gave people hope that it could actually happen.

As for an E3 character reveal, I think we'll get Ryu and Wolf, then one other character as well who is not Roy (I think he'll be announced around the time of the FE concert; maybe not AT the event specifically but around that time).

I think the most likely pick for a third character announced at E3 is K. Rool, but Isaac is plausible as well. That said, I do think its a lot less likely we'd see Isaac than K. Rool. Its also possible we won't get either of them.
I actually think the opposite. I think Isaac would be more likely to be shown at E3 than K. Rool, personally. Mainly because K. Rool seems like a character that would be added through the ballot, while I think Isaac might be a character that was already going to happen regardless of the ballot (like Roy and Ryu). I mean, we know there's 5 empty slots found in the game right now, or am I remembering wrong? Well, anyway, if the 5 slots thing is true, we know 5 characters are currently being worked on. Those characters should be Lucas, Ryu, Roy, Wolf?, and a mystery 5th character. I think Isaac fits this spot perfectly. I could be being overly optimistic though, so who knows.

But more than anything, I'm really hoping for a Golden Sun 4 announcement.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
If Golden Sun 4 was to be revealed at E3 (or a 3D remake of the first two games, but for plot reasons, I'll go with GS4), then Isaac would be guaranteed to be a DLC character, revealed via trailer, as a way to promote GS4.

However, I think that E3, we might see Wolf, Ryu (still wondering why) and Roy (would rather have Hector or Ephraim to represent the GBA FE era).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I actually think the opposite. I think Isaac would be more likely to be shown at E3 than K. Rool, personally. Mainly because K. Rool seems like a character that would be added through the ballot, while I think Isaac might be a character that was already going to happen regardless of the ballot (like Roy and Ryu). I mean, we know there's 5 empty slots found in the game right now, or am I remembering wrong? Well, anyway, if the 5 slots thing is true, we know 5 characters are currently being worked on. Those characters should be Lucas, Ryu, Roy, Wolf?, and a mystery 5th character. I think Isaac fits this spot perfectly. I could be being overly optimistic though, so who knows.

But more than anything, I'm really hoping for a Golden Sun 4 announcement.
I think both are just as likely to be ballot and non-ballot. However, K. Rool is actively being talked about and had the earliest DLC kampaign, DKC is massively huge, there's plenty of potential for a new DK game to be announced (3D DK, spinoffs), and naturally plenty of potential to announce K. Rool's return alongside a new DKC. Because he is a more popular character overall, I feel that K. Rool is more likely to have an E3 announcement than Isaac, and if we DID get a new GS announcement, it'd probably be a simple teaser to say that the game is in development; a future Direct to announce Isaac and show off more about Golden Sun would fit better compared to an E3 announcement.

Again, I think both could be E3, I just feel that K. Rool is more likely for numerous factors.

If Golden Sun 4 was to be revealed at E3 (or a 3D remake of the first two games, but for plot reasons, I'll go with GS4), then Isaac would be guaranteed to be a DLC character, revealed via trailer, as a way to promote GS4.

However, I think that E3, we might see Wolf, Ryu (still wondering why) and Roy (would rather have Hector or Ephraim to represent the GBA FE era).
I still don't think we're getting Roy at E3. I think he'll be announced later.

Calane

Smash Ace
I think both are just as likely to be ballot and non-ballot. However, K. Rool is actively being talked about and had the earliest DLC kampaign, DKC is massively huge, there's plenty of potential for a new DK game to be announced (3D DK, spinoffs), and naturally plenty of potential to announce K. Rool's return alongside a new DKC. Because he is a more popular character overall, I feel that K. Rool is more likely to have an E3 announcement than Isaac, and if we DID get a new GS announcement, it'd probably be a simple teaser to say that the game is in development; a future Direct to announce Isaac and show off more about Golden Sun would fit better compared to an E3 announcement.

Again, I think both could be E3, I just feel that K. Rool is more likely for numerous factors.

I still don't think we're getting Roy at E3. I think he'll be announced later.
Eh, I don't know. K. Rool may be more popular, and from a more popular series, but I have a feeling that K. Rool will get in through the ballot, as I said earlier. I could be wrong (honestly, I wouldn't be surprised), but I don't feel that he's currently being worked on without the ballots help. But perhaps he is, I don't know. I'm just going by what I personally think. I also doubt we're getting a new DK game already, since TF is still sort of new.

I guess what I mean to say is, Isaac has a high chance (in my opinion) to be a character already in development without the ballots help. If that's the case, and if a new GS game is on the way, I can see Isaac being shown at E3. Though K. Rool is more popular, I personally think Isaac is more likely. Yeah, my opinions are sort of odd. Not saying K. Rool isn't likely, though. Heck, I'd say he has the biggest chance of winning the ballot overall.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't think Isaac or K. Rool will be shown at E3. I think they decided who was going to be shown before the ballot even opened, plus I think it's too early for ballot characters anyway, who those two would likely be.

Unless we get a GS4 announcement, then it's possible. But I'm not going to hold my breath for that...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Eh, I don't know. K. Rool may be more popular, and from a more popular series, but I have a feeling that K. Rool will get in through the ballot, as I said earlier. I could be wrong (honestly, I wouldn't be surprised), but I don't feel that he's currently being worked on without the ballots help. But perhaps he is, I don't know. I'm just going by what I personally think. I also doubt we're getting a new DK game already, since TF is still sort of new.

I guess what I mean to say is, Isaac has a high chance (in my opinion) to be a character already in development without the ballots help. If that's the case, and if a new GS game is on the way, I can see Isaac being shown at E3. Though K. Rool is more popular, I personally think Isaac is more likely. Yeah, my opinions are sort of odd. Not saying K. Rool isn't likely, though. Heck, I'd say he has the biggest chance of winning the ballot overall.
I'm not talking about a main DKC game. Nintendo has already talked about doing more spinoffs for their main franchises, and post- TF Tanabe even noted interest in doing both 2D and 3D DK games. Either one is a totally valid and possible option.

I don't think Isaac or K. Rool will be shown at E3. I think they decided who was going to be shown before the ballot even opened, plus I think it's too early for ballot characters anyway, who those two would likely be.

Unless we get a GS4 announcement, then it's possible. But I'm not going to hold my breath for that...
Obviously the idea is if they were planned before the ballot. I don't necessarily think they will, but I certainly do think its a possibility.

Nintendokusou

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EduCard
3DS FC
0817-3740-6417
@ Falgor Falgor Let's be real here, every game developer is working on a VR device, if there is someone who is going to do it in a novel way and not tell anyone about it, it's going to be Nintendo! :laugh:

And yeah, it might have been a misleading sentence there.

Regarding Ryu, remember how Sakurai didn't like Villager some years ago... Nintendo brainwashed him into doing it! :awesome:
He might not like fighting game characters, but he never said he wouldn't use one or that Nintendo wasn't open to the idea. He just needs the right conditions for things to happen, and maybe right now he had those conditions to put Ryu in the game, forced or not!

I also agree 3rd parties are cool, but we sould want characters from longstanding series in the game first, like Advance Wars and Panel de Pon/Puzzle League, for example.

@ POKEMANSPIKA POKEMANSPIKA Yeah, Square Enix might be the parent company of Taito now, but they would still represent that company. They have been around since 1986, and constantly appeared in Nintendo consoles every generation. They are as old as Link, Samus, Pit or Takamaru, so I don't see why they wouldn't be a unique and interesting choice!?

@ Burruni Burruni I actually like that Jack-Frost idea a lot and have been mulling it over for a while, it would be a way to partially reuse the Ice Climber assets! Agumon would be interesting too, but not that likely in my opinion.

Another reason the Power Suit Samus is useless is because the Varia Suit has rounded shoulders to distinguish it from the original suit in Metroid II Return of Samus. This was done because the developers felt the black and white gameboy color scheme did not let you perceive a significant color difference between both suits, so they decided to add the shoulder pads as an extra visual aid. Gladly, the change persisted into future games! People don't realize how important that game is, nearly half of Samus' regular arsenal comes from that game!

@ Villager's_Mewtwo Villager's_Mewtwo @ Calane Calane @ JohnnySparkxs JohnnySparkxs @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman Mark my words, as I mentioned before, if Golden Sun 4 is to be announced at an E3 or Direct, it will be in 2016! That said, it makes perfect sense for them to keep Isaac under wraps until the start of next year, unless they already had him planned for Smash from the start.

To everyone:
Banjo is not happening, unless Nintendo execs go insane! Phil Spencer is just making use of Smash's momentum to promote his own work throuhg word of mouth. With Yooka-Laylee coming to Wii U, I doubt Nintendo would even consider the possibility of adding Banjo in, but that is just my perspective on things.

By the way guys, what Golden Sun characters would you like to see as trophies in the game? Anyone is particular?

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Watch and weep as Camelot's new game is announced at E3, and it turns out to be Super Mario Curling. :troll:

By the way guys, what Golden Sun characters would you like to see as trophies in the game? Anyone is particular?
I'd like to see the characters from GS1/2, since it'd be the first time they'd be shown in 3D.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
@ POKEMANSPIKA POKEMANSPIKA Yeah, Square Enix might be the parent company of Taito now, but they would still represent that company. They have been around since 1986, and constantly appeared in Nintendo consoles every generation. They are as old as Link, Samus, Pit or Takamaru, so I don't see why they wouldn't be a unique and interesting choice!?
As an obscure off-the-wall choice, I like to suggest Lufia. Lufia I was a great game and Lufia II is an absolute masterpiece. Curse of the Sinistrals is also a great game, the Game Boy games were meh (GB and GBA). Curse of the Sinistrals did not sell, either (since Square Enix changed a masterpiece of a turn-based RPG into an ACTION based RPG; not that it was a bad game but it did not appeal to the main ones who'd want to buy the game in the first place). So I certainly don't expect it to get anything at all. Its just an off-the-wall idea that I think could be neat. Plus, every single Lufia game was on Nintendo consoles (and all but Ruins of Lore were made by the now-defunct Neverland Soft).

@ Villager's_Mewtwo Villager's_Mewtwo @ Calane Calane @ JohnnySparkxs JohnnySparkxs @ JaidynReiman JaidynReiman Mark my words, as I mentioned before, if Golden Sun 4 is to be announced at an E3 or Direct, it will be in 2016! That said, it makes perfect sense for them to keep Isaac under wraps until the start of next year, unless they already had him planned for Smash from the start.
I disagree. I think it could get announced this year. Granted, I do think its just as likely for it to get announced late in the year as well or even early next year.

At least Garet, Jenna, Ivan, Mia, Felix, Sheba (maybe), Alex, and Matthew.

Watch and weep as Camelot's new game is announced at E3, and it turns out to be Super Mario Curling. :troll:
That'd be the first time they've done anything but GS, Mario Golf, and Mario Tennis (plus one other obscure Golf game for a different company on Wii) in the past 15 years.

Nintendokusou

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EduCard
3DS FC
0817-3740-6417
As an obscure off-the-wall choice, I like to suggest Lufia. Lufia I was a great game and Lufia II is an absolute masterpiece. Curse of the Sinistrals is also a great game, the Game Boy games were meh (GB and GBA). Curse of the Sinistrals did not sell, either (since Square Enix changed a masterpiece of a turn-based RPG into an ACTION based RPG; not that it was a bad game but it did not appeal to the main ones who'd want to buy the game in the first place). So I certainly don't expect it to get anything at all. Its just an off-the-wall idea that I think could be neat. Plus, every single Lufia game was on Nintendo consoles (and all but Ruins of Lore were made by the now-defunct Neverland Soft).

I disagree. I think it could get announced this year. Granted, I do think its just as likely for it to get announced late in the year as well or even early next year.

At least Garet, Jenna, Ivan, Mia, Felix, Sheba (maybe), Alex, and Matthew.

That'd be the first time they've done anything but GS, Mario Golf, and Mario Tennis (plus one other obscure Golf game for a different company on Wii) in the past 15 years.
Late in the year maybe, but right now, one year and a couple of months since Camelot released their latest game seems a bit too early!

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
@ Falgor Falgor Let's be real here, every game developer is working on a VR device, if there is someone who is going to do it in a novel way and not tell anyone about it, it's going to be Nintendo! :laugh:

And yeah, it might have been a misleading sentence there.

Regarding Ryu, remember how Sakurai didn't like Villager some years ago... Nintendo brainwashed him into doing it! :awesome:
He might not like fighting game characters, but he never said he wouldn't use one or that Nintendo wasn't open to the idea. He just needs the right conditions for things to happen, and maybe right now he had those conditions to put Ryu in the game, forced or not!

I also agree 3rd parties are cool, but we sould want characters from longstanding series in the game first, like Advance Wars and Panel de Pon/Puzzle League, for example.

To everyone:
Banjo is not happening, unless Nintendo execs go insane! Phil Spencer is just making use of Smash's momentum to promote his own work throuhg word of mouth. With Yooka-Laylee coming to Wii U, I doubt Nintendo would even consider the possibility of adding Banjo in, but that is just my perspective on things.

Honestly I don't get why Sakurai was unable to come up with a moveset for Villager before Smash 4. I mean, the tools idea couldn't be more obvious. Sure, the other part of the moveset could have been a little bit more difficult to imagine, but not that much.
About Ryu... Well, there's no way to be sure, so yes, that's a possibility.

After Duck Hunt, who was for me a mean to replace the Banjo concept they had back then for Smash 64, and Yooka-Laylee, I don't see why Nintendo would bother negotiate for Banjo.

For Golden Sun trophies, I'd see a lot of possibilities, the main ones being: Jenna, Saturos/Menardi or Agatio/Karst, Kraden, the Wise One, Alex, Sveta. Though I would prefer to see some of them as Assist Trophies maybe.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Honestly I don't get why Sakurai was unable to come up with a moveset for Villager before Smash 4. I mean, the tools idea couldn't be more obvious. Sure, the other part of the moveset could have been a little bit more difficult to imagine, but not that much.

After Duck Hunt, who was for me a mean to replace the Banjo concept they had back then for Smash 64, and Yooka-Laylee, I don't see why Nintendo would bother negotiate for Banjo.

For Golden Sun trophies, I'd see a lot of possibilities, the main ones being: Jenna, Saturos/Menardi or Agatio/Karst, Kraden, the Wise One, Alex, Sveta. Though I would prefer to see some of them as Assist Trophies maybe.
Villager's situation was not "I couldn't envision a moveset," it was "Such a very light hearted life sim game didn't really seem fitting to be a fighter." This was in Brawl which was the most "adult" of the Smash series. Smash 4 by comparison is brighter and more "cartoony" in all aspects of design.

Nintendokusou

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EduCard
3DS FC
0817-3740-6417

Alex as an AT - sends you flying using water geysers! :upsidedown:
Wise One as an AT - plants you on the ground like he did to Alex! :awesome:
Kraden as an AT - gives you a boring lecture on Alchemy and puts you to sleep! :tired:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

I'd like to see the characters from GS1/2, since it'd be the first time they'd be shown in 3D.
Is it wrong of me to say that I would play the HECK out of Super Mario Curling? I've always liked sports on ice, and I've been kind of fascinated by curling since I first saw it in the Winter Olympics a couple years ago. I don't even like most sports games.

I want more Golden Sun first, though.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
For Assist Trophies, I can see Piers or Mia making frost pillars or one of the summons (Ramses could act like Onix from Smash 64, and Flora like Unown, for example)

:231:

Burruni

Smash Hero
For Assist Trophies, I can see Piers or Mia making frost pillars or one of the summons (Ramses could act like Onix from Smash 64, and Flora like Unown, for example)

This is going to sound weird.... but I REALLY miss Onix as a Pokeball summon. It was great for zoning to keep people in tighter, more heated situations.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

Frankly, though, I think they'd probably use Alex instead. Yeah, we don't exactly see him doing much, but he is being treated as essentially the main antagonist of the series, and we know he's a Mercury Adapt.

Is it wrong of me to say that I would play the HECK out of Super Mario Curling? I've always liked sports on ice, and I've been kind of fascinated by curling since I first saw it in the Winter Olympics a couple years ago. I don't even like most sports games.

I want more Golden Sun first, though.
At that rate we'd just get another Mario & Sonic Olympics game rather than Curling as its own thing. (Granted, a hypothetical next one would be Summer, not Winter.)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Oh Lord, are we seriously going to be expecting the big name popular characters to be revealed at E3? :rolleyes:

We've been through this before people!

Posts like "I can't wait to see people react to Ridley / Mewtwo / King K.Rool!" "Ridley will sure be in!" "Finally we're getting another Metroid rep, I can feel it I can feel it!".

Isaac will not be shown at E3 in a trailer. Neither will King K.Rool.

At the best we're getting confirmed what we already know; Roy and Ryu. And we're gonna act like we're surprised... Maybe we'll see Wolf getting a reveal like Lucas before? I do not expect anything else Smash related except for these 3 characters. It would be wise to do the same thing.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Oh Lord, are we seriously going to be expecting the big name popular characters to be revealed at E3? :rolleyes:
No, not really. Why do you ask?

People are only discussing the possibility of it happening. And I don't see why you need to be so cynical about it. Don't assume it can't happen. At the same time, no one should (or does) assume it will happen, either. We're only discussing the possibility of it happening, anyway.

Nintendokusou

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EduCard
3DS FC
0817-3740-6417
Hey guys, while updating the site with news a moment ago I found out about this:

Curiously, it's happening at the same time as the Digital Event!? :surprised:
Do you think they will be talking about something for 2016 that they won't cover on the main presentation? :confused:
*cough* Golden Sun *cough*

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hey guys, while updating the site with news a moment ago I found out about this:

Do you think they will be talking about something for 2016 that they won't cover on the main presentation? :confused:
I doubt it. This is specifically aimed at press. Frankly, I think anything "announced" here will be announced in the Direct, its just being targeted at a different audience.

Burruni

Smash Hero
Well Pac-Man was announced at one of these last year and he wasn't in the Digital Event.
Yes.
It was at the "Developers round table" late that night.
I wouldn't expect this to be near the same thing. If you need any specific reason it is because it's at the same time as the Digital Event. If they were going to pull out major Smash news, it wouldn't be during a side presentation running cocurrently to the main one.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well Pac-Man was announced at one of these last year and he wasn't in the Digital Event.
This isn't the same thing, though. That was specifically targeted at talking about Smash news. This is talking about 2015/2016 game releases in general. It honestly just seems to me that they split the "fan" and "press" versions of the conference into two, and this will just be the "press" version of their event, while the Digital Event is the same thing, but aimed at the fans.

Yes.
It was at the "Developers round table" late that night.
I wouldn't expect this to be near the same thing. If you need any specific reason it is because it's at the same time as the Digital Event. If they were going to pull out major Smash news, it wouldn't be during a side presentation running cocurrently to the main one.
Exactly. I do think we'll probably get other announcements that may not be in the Digital Event, but it won't be at this.

Nintendokusou

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EduCard
3DS FC
0817-3740-6417
This isn't the same thing, though. That was specifically targeted at talking about Smash news. This is talking about 2015/2016 game releases in general. It honestly just seems to me that they split the "fan" and "press" versions of the conference into two, and this will just be the "press" version of their event, while the Digital Event is the same thing, but aimed at the fans.

Exactly. I do think we'll probably get other announcements that may not be in the Digital Event, but it won't be at this.
I agree with you and @ Burruni Burruni , they won't be showing anything different!
At max, they might give the press some extra info so they have something we don't know about to announce, like small extra details on certain titles, like Star Fox or Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem.
Outside of that, I don't think so...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I agree with you and @ Burruni Burruni , they won't be showing anything different!
At max, they might give the press some extra info so they have something we don't know about to announce, like small extra details on certain titles, like Star Fox or Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem.
Outside of that, I don't think so...
The difference will be the types of information provided. They may provide sales numbers for existing things released, and talk about how they want to promote the various games that are coming out. It won't be exactly the same information, but I do think it'll be the same games; it'll just be aimed at the audience that wants that information, whereas a normal conference is aimed at both.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793

This poster scream Mario Maker though...

And since it's including 2016, maybe we will something different/big.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I feel like it's fairly sewn up that Ryu and Roy will get revealed at E3.

and "maybe" Wolf too but I'm not as certain about that.

I don't think Isaac will get a look in.

As others have said it's possible we'll get two dlc characters revealed in the digital event and another dlc character revealed at some other point during E3.

Last edited:

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Ryu and/or Wolf maybe, but Roy is most likely being held off until the Fire Emblem anniversary event Sakurai is to appear at. If Wolf is coming, I'd expect him to be revealed alongside some new Star Fox info. I don't see anyone outside of those three being mentioned any time soon, though.

Last edited:

Nintendokusou

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EduCard
3DS FC
0817-3740-6417
The difference will be the types of information provided. They may provide sales numbers for existing things released, and talk about how they want to promote the various games that are coming out. It won't be exactly the same information, but I do think it'll be the same games; it'll just be aimed at the audience that wants that information, whereas a normal conference is aimed at both.
That sounds about right.

@ FalKoopa FalKoopa It's not a poster, it's the invitation certain press members who are going to E3 are receiving!
It seems to me they just chose Mario Maker as a theme because it's one of the important holiday titles they want to expand interest in during the next year...

@ Sabrewulf238 Sabrewulf238 I agree, but I expect Ryu at E3, maybe Wolf to comemorate the Star Fox reveal, and Roy at the end of July in tandem with the FE concert. Isaac after the ballot results.

@ Moydow Moydow Maybe, and that's a big maybe, a reworked Ice Climbers... but I wouldn't count on it too.

This guy seriously thinks they will consider Geno, yet he doesn't mention Isaac!?
Oh c'mon...

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
This poster scream Mario Maker though...

And since it's including 2016, maybe we will something different/big.

The main Nintendo Digital Event was never stated to only show things from 2015. "Focus on" =/= "Only show". They always say in every single Direct "we're focusing on QX 201X", and they always show off/talk about things planned for launch much later. FE If isn't even planned for a 2016 launch in the west, and its most likely going to be shown at E3 as well.

I feel like it's fairly sewn up that Ryu and Roy will get revealed at E3.

and "maybe" Wolf too but I'm not as certain about that.

I don't think Isaac will get a look in.

As others have said it's possible we'll get two dlc characters revealed in the digital event and another dlc character revealed at some other point during E3.
The problem with Roy is, again, the fact that Sakurai is supposed to be presenting something at an FE concert later in the Summer. Frankly, I don't think Roy will be revealed at E3, but far more likely at or around the time of this concert.

Ryu and/or Wolf maybe, but Roy is most likely being held off until the Fire Emblem anniversary event Sakurai is to appear at. If Wolf is coming, I'd expect him to be revealed alongside some new Star Fox info. I don't see anyone outside of those three being mentioned any time soon, though.
Concert, not anniversary. There's not really an anniversary around that time I'm aware of. Unless its just a general "this year is the X year".

*checks* Oh. 1990. So yeah, I guess this probably is for the 25th anniversary. Huh.

Top Bottom