• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The playable characters are too many!! What is this a Chrono Cross wannabe?

I still don't like the idea of having everyone's kids unite to save the world. The trope is getting overused... Although a warrior type female Venus/Jupiter (Sveta doesn't count) in the vein of Isaac/Felix would be nice (I am talking about Felix's hypothetical daughter).

Also, did our original party grow up to be useless >.< ? I do want to see them in action as well!

Although props to Hama, I want to see her being all badass. Although she wasn't exposed to the Golden Sun so.... I wonder how she will be.
True. Some of the older NPC's from the originals may not be really all that capable of fighting. I do think that some members of the original cast at least should be playable. I also don't see them making the existing cast playable from the start unless they don't allow these characters to have most of their abilities from the start; namely, resetting them back to almost nothing.

They've been constantly trying to do this throughout past titles. I don't see them suddenly doing this now. I can see them starting off with almost no djinn and adding new djinn to fill in the gaps (I mean, with the rise of the Golden Sun perhaps new djinn have come into existence? I think that's where the other new djinn come from as well.)

I also don't like the idea of just the kids teaming up to defeat the big bad or whatever. I like the idea of the originals being the ones leading things along then join late to help finish it up and then pave the way to expand into new storylines in the future.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I don't think it CAN just be the kids solving things. Because, whatever may happen with the Light and Dark Adepts, or the Tuaparing, Isaac STILL holds part of the Golden Sun, and Alex is still after it. That conflict HAS to happen. Isaac is theoretically one of the most powerful entities in all of Weyard, he can't just be turned into some item to rescue. There has to be a conclusion there, and Isaac has to take part in it.

I think that the new plot threads are something that Matthew can follow and explore. Stopping the Tuaparing, uncovering the secrets of the other Adepts, probably becoming a Light Adept or something himself. That's all Matthew, and I definitely look forward to seeing Matthew exploring those plot threads.

But Isaac is the one who has to claim the Golden Sun and finally put the original story to bed. As long as Matthew's adventures are still a part of Isaac's larger story, he is going to have to yield to Isaac. Weyard will be stuck, grinding its wheels, until Isaac's story is over.

This was actually one of my biggest problems with Dark Dawn: They introduced a new story, but it's still just a tiny fragment of Isaac's. They needed to CONCLUDE Isaac's story in order for Matthew's story to get a chance to shine, and they didn't.

Last edited:

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
EDIT. Ohh god, forgot about lucas, that means 10 fights for that round in all stars, o.o

Guys, i just notice that if Isaac gets in and the Roy leak ends being true, we could end gettting 10 fighters to fight on Round 6/2 of All-Star Mode, with the order being..

-Villager
-Isaac
-Olimar
-Roy
-Roy (aka Bowser Jr.)
-Toon Link
-Zero Suit Samus
-Ike
-Lucas
-Lucario

It could mean a lot to fight, but round 5/3 could get K.Rool and that would mean 9 for them, so it's not too off the road i guess..?

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't think it CAN just be the kid's solving things. Because, whatever may happen with the Light and Dark Adepts, or the Tuaparing, Isaac STILL holds part of the Golden Sun, and Alex is still after it. That conflict HAS to happen. Isaac is theoretically one of the most powerful entities in all of Weyard, he can't just be turned into some item to rescue. There has to be a conclusion there, and Isaac has to take part in it.

I think that the new plot threads are something that Matthew can follow and explore. Stopping the Tuaparing, uncovering the secrets of the other Adepts, probably becoming a Light Adept or something himself. That's all Matthew, and I definitely look forward to seeing Matthew exploring those plot threads.

But Isaac is the one who has to claim the Golden Sun and finally put the original story to bed. As long as Matthew's adventures are still a part of Isaac's larger story, he is going to have to yield to Isaac. Weyard will be stuck, grinding its wheels, until Isaac's story is over.

This was actually one of my biggest problems with Dark Dawn: They introduced a new story, but it's still just a tiny fragment of Isaac's. They needed to CONCLUDE Isaac's story in order for Matthew's story to get a chance to shine, and they didn't.
Perhaps they didn't want to conclude Isaac's story. But yeah, I definitely agree. Isaac still HAS to be involved. There's no question about that.

Ludjinnado

Smash Cadet
I don't think it CAN just be the kid's solving things. Because, whatever may happen with the Light and Dark Adepts, or the Tuaparing, Isaac STILL holds part of the Golden Sun, and Alex is still after it. That conflict HAS to happen. Isaac is theoretically one of the most powerful entities in all of Weyard, he can't just be turned into some item to rescue. There has to be a conclusion there, and Isaac has to take part in it.

Maybe they could do what they did for the first two games where you start with Isaac's party, switch to Felix's, then they join up, only with Matthew and Isaac instead. If I remember correctly, the original and Lost Age were supposed to be one game, were they not?

I really hope Light and Dark psynergy are explored further if they make a new game, maybe even with playable adepts, because it would just be cool.

Also, random question: Does anybody else dislike Kraden? He really gets on my nerves!

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Here is something I want to ask Isaac fans. What made you a fan of Isaac or want him for Smash? When did you start becoming a fan of Isaac?

Last edited:

Ludjinnado

Smash Cadet
Here is something I want to ask Isaac fans. What made you a fan of Isaac or want him for Smash? When did you start becoming a fan of Isaac?
Funny thing actually: first time I heard of Isaac was when he was announced as an Assist Trophy in Brawl. For a bit, I just referred to him as the 'hand guy'.

Anyways, I bought Dark Dawn for DS after looking into it; I like RPGs so I thought "I might as well try it out". From that point, it became one of my favourite Nintendo series, especially after purchasing the first two on the Virtual Console.

In terms of why I want him in Smash, I truly believe he has the potential to be a completely unique character and he comes from a series which is sorely lacking in representation (There isn't even a single trophy!). Plus, I'm hoping that if Isaac does gain playable status in Smash Bros., it will garner enough attention to the series for Nintendo/Camelot to make the sequel it deserves.
I hope that answers your question, from one point of view anyway.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
This thread is wholly responsible for introducing me to Golden Sun, and making me interested in Isaac. Before that I only knew him from his Brawl assist trophy, and knew nothing about Golden Sun other that it existed.

By the time I completed the first game, I was completely sold on him, haha. Golden Sun also happens to be the first non-Mario and non-Pokémon l RPG I played to the end.

I'm fairly new to the Isaac fanbase - I've been a fan for barely 2 years at this point.

:231:

Spootondorf

Smash Apprentice
I first played Golden Sun (1) not too long after it was released, though I didn't get very far before having to give it back to the friend I borrowed it from. However, I picked up GS2 when it was available on store shelves, and absolutely loved it. Because I went through a lengthy adventure with Felix before doing much with Isaac, I'm more a fan of the former than the latter. Yet, Isaac is the face of Golden Sun, being in all three games in the series, and as such, he's the best contender for Smash fighter status. Because of this, I support him all the way to the exclusion of all other Golden Sun characters. As for when I started being a fan of any GS character being in Smash, well... I wanted Isaac as a fighter in Brawl! Here's hoping that the removal of his assist trophy from Brawl to Smash 4 signifies a high probability for inclusion as DLC!

Golden Sun is a very charming, fun series. The first two had exceptional graphics and music, and part of the appeal of Isaac potentially being in Smash is being able to use his powerful, flashy magic on other Nintendo characters. As for what he brings to the table, he has a variety of abilities that would make him possibly the most unique fighter on the roster. He can use a sword (or axe), as well as said weapon's special ability (an unleash); he can use an elemental spirit to attack, and then use it for a summon, with a subsequent effect on his combat stats; finally, he can use rock- and plant-based magic (known as Venus, or Earth, Psynergy). He would most likely be an excellent character on the ground, similar to Little Mac, but not so good in the air. Smash 4 is lacking in variety in that department, and added to his diverse moves, he couldn't help but be interesting.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Back in the summer of 2002 my grandparents bought me Golden Sun. I have no clue what it was, but something made me want to try the title out? When I got it and started playing it, I had already been in love with Melee for almost a year. And I hate to say it, but at first it was a shallow want for Isaac in the series. I thought he would look really cool alongside Marth and Roy. lol But even still, that sense of him feeling like a character which fit perfectly in the SSB cast set the foundation for really wanting him.

Over time I realized how neat and unique he would be with psynergy... Isaac has soooo many psynergy attacks that would work perfectly as Smash or Special moves. The potential with him is incredible. It is that (and how amazingly awesome he would look with a real character model in HD xD... Just being honest?) that keeps me supporting him so much nowadays.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Coming here and seeing his fanbase cry out for him.

Don't get me wrong, I adore the games and I have since I first played the original years ago. But I never thought he had a chance in Smash until I came here.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I was in 6th grade (2006) when one day, one friend of mine that had a lot of games brought Golden Sun to school and we played it together. I was really loving the game, the characters, the world, everything in that game seemed awesome to me, also the soundtrack was extremely catchy. Also, I was learning english by that time (in Portugal, we start learning English in the 5th grade), so both Pokémon and Golden Sun were helping a lot with that.

While I was patient, my friend wasn't, so he got tired of Golden Sun pretty soon, so he lent it to me and I started a whole save file all by myself and I loved my playthrough. Then To Be Continued happened (which left me dissapointed, since I was hyping as hell to sail the seas), so I made my parents buy me Golden Sun: The Lost Age for Christmas and well... I loved it too.

Then in 2009 I bought Super Smash Bros. Brawl and well... I loved Brawl, although as a competitive game it sucks (by that time was a casual SSB player). I was kinda sad when I saw Isaac as an Assist Trophy, but since Camelot was owned by Nintendo, I though, that Isaac's Psynergy and sword skills would make him an awesome and pretty unique fighter, so I made some research to find out about his popularity and it seems that Isaac was a pretty popular Nintendo character, which made me want him even more in Sm4sh.

Also, Isaac was the silent protagonist, which made me feel even more like him, so that's why Isaac's my favorite videogame character of all time and his potencial to be an awesome and unique fighter make me want him in Smash.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Personally I'm not necessarily a fan of Isaac himself but of what he represents. Matthew isn't any better for this, in fact, Matthew is probably worse because by the time you get around to Matthew, Isaac has already developed in GS2 (since he's no longer a silent protagonist) and actually has a huge role in the established world due to his link to Alex.

I kept hearing about Golden Sun throughout the entirety of Brawl speculation. Left and right I kept hearing about this mysterious "Golden Sun" franchise, and eventually noticed that this Isaac character was added to the game as an Assist Trophy. I had no idea what it was and no context. After hearing so much about it I tried playing Golden Sun myself via emulator and I quite enjoyed it. I got a decent ways into the game but I never finished it. However, I had already seen the massive potential the character had.

Coming up to speculation for Smash 4 I kept thinking how great Isaac would be of a character. I knew I wanted K. Rool a lot more (I thought Dixie would get in over him, though, and didn't think he had a real chance until I saw Kremlings in Smash Run), but after I saw when Dark Dawn came out (I heard about it when it came out but I didn't pay close attention; I actually thought it was released before Brawl until I double-checked) I had felt like Isaac was extremely likely to be added as a character.

When I joined Smashboards I joined in discussing with this group (along with K. Rool and Ridley) I finally did get around to beating Golden Sun and have been looking forward to The Lost Age releases on Virtual Console (admittedly, I didn't play Golden Sun on VC; I played it on emulator and later bought it just so I could have an official copy).

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
Golden Sun is what honestly got me into the internet and YouTube. I used to watch this guy name Boltage McGammar play through the Lost Age. Too bad he never updates his channel anymore.

Last edited:

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
It was mainly his appearance in Brawl as an Assist Trophy that made me interested in him, not to mention hearing the remix of Battle Scene/Final Battle on Norfair was awesome. I didn't think much of Isaac until E3 when Dark Dawn was announced, so I figured I'd get it as my entry into the Golden Sun series.

I wasn't a vocal supporter, but was hopeful for him with Little Mac's inclusion. Only until after I joined the "Forgotten All-Stars Alliance" did I see from others note the lack of Golden Sun content this time around, and when the DLC was announced I figured I'd start supporting all the other characters too. Eventually I picked up Golden Sun on the Wii U Virtual Console, and here's the adept that I am now!

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I just really liked Golden Sun and The Lost Age. They were good games and I think Isaac in Smash is recognition that they were good games.

Also, Isaac is one of the first battlemages that I ever played. Usually, character were either the warrior or the mage, without much balance. Constructed correctly, the characters of the GS games can be really good battlemages, dolling it out in equal portions of magic and sword.

Calane

Smash Ace
I actually knew about Golden Sun for a long time before actually playing it. I didn't know any other characters besides Isaac at the time. I thought he looked cool, so I already liked the character when I first seen him. It would be many years later before I actually played a GS game, which was Dark Dawn. I originally thought Matthew was Isaac, but turned out it was his son. After playing the game, GS became my favorite RPG series and I just needed more. I eventually got to play the first GS (and I'm still waiting the play the second), and it just made me love the series more. I honestly can't say who I like more, Isaac or Matthew, as I think they're both really cool. I want Isaac for Smash because I want this great character and series to get more attention. I want to see Golden Sun get a little spotlight again. I also just want to play as him in Smash.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
What got me interested in the Golden Sun games was actually the single song that appeared in Brawl. I liked it, decided to check out the actual games, and I've been hooked since. Even though I'm not normally interested in JRPGs like Golden Sun, I still enjoyed the games, and I think the Psynergy and Djinn aspects of the games open up a wide range of possibilities for a potential Smash moveset for Isaac.

EmpoleonArrow

Smash Rookie
I remember i saw something about Golden Sun in a Nintendo Power magazine, but didn't care much about it at the time, however after i saw the enthusiasm for getting him into Smash i became curious about the series, so i bought Golden Sun while the Spring Sale on the eshop was active and i'm looking forward to playing it, anyways, Isaac has a lot of potential to be a unique character so i hope he does make it in as a DLC newcomer.
Also, at first i thought people meant Isaac from the binding of Isaac (hope no one gets mad with my confusion).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I remember i saw something about Golden Sun in a Nintendo Power magazine, but didn't care much about it at the time, however after i saw the enthusiasm for getting him into Smash i became curious about the series, so i bought Golden Sun while the Spring Sale on the eshop was active and i'm looking forward to playing it, anyways, Isaac has a lot of potential to be a unique character so i hope he does make it in as a DLC newcomer.
Also, at first i thought people meant Isaac from the binding of Isaac (hope no one gets mad with my confusion).
Lol, Isaac from Golden Sun has been around a LOT longer (ten years to be precise). But yeah I'm sure Binding of Isaac has got a few people confused, but most people in the Nintendo community know who we're referring to, and even then most online clarify "from Golden Sun" when naming Isaac.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I started wanting Isaac in Smash years after playing Golden Sun 1 when I first entered Smash 4 speculation. It was only after first going into SmashBoards that I really started to examine which characters I honestly thought would be cool and interesting additions to the Smash 4 roster, being able to add their own charm. Isaac and Lyn were both from GBA games I played (FE7 was my first and my favourite FE game) and so they were the first characters I thought and ultimately decided to support. Pac-Man was also the other character I decided to support after coming to the conclusion that a charming character like him would be an epic inclusion in Smash.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I think back in 2005 I caught a glimpse of Lost Age being shown in one of Finnish gaming magazines, and I'd hear about Golden Sun now and then around 2008 when venturing in NinDB (which I was an active member of). Isaac's inclusion in Brawl had me pique interest on the series. So I tried the first installment, and I got to experience an adventure only exclusive and linked to golden age of Game Boy Advance's prime (Just listen to the music and look at the interesting graphic effects in the battles), and also being a great throwback to traditional JRPG times from the last decade. I mean, the game was chatty, but it still did it's job pretty well. Not to mention I grew to love the characters as well, and think all of they would translate well to Smash bros due their easy archetypes and spells being potential for intuitive utility and playstyle, throwing back to the field moves from the games and also the way Psynergy has been shown to be at it's core.

I think one of the most surprising aspects about Golden Sun and it's everlasting popularity was by me discovering it having a very friendly and expansive fanbase (Just look at Adept's Refuge-forums and it's roleplaying community). In fact, I made friends with some back few years ago when clearing the game, and am still hanging around with 'em.

I have to yet clear Lost Age, but I still think Golden Sun really deserves a more bigger presence in Smash, and also Camelot getting to have more budget and time to put more into their sole series since getting acquired by Nintendo and also producing just Mario Golfs and Tennis's all the time.

ferioku

Smash Ace
Golden Sun was one of my first ever games(although i had to play it on an emulator). I had a lot of fun playing it when I was little and realized that he was in brawl as an assist tropy. Though at that point I didn't think of wanting him as a character, but I still wondered if there was going to be a sequel to the second one. This thread literally gave me a heads up and made me realize that I really want him in smash due to him being one of my favorite main characters in any RPG and even though I support other characters like Roy and Wolf I'll still give around 90% of my support to Isaac because I think he's really deserving of a spot and I have a strong feeling that they're in anyway...

Also his move set potential is incredible, there's a plephora of things Sakurai could think of if including Isaac. In my opinion Isaac has the largest move set pool of any requested character to date (or at least a vast majority of them)!

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
I was playing Brawl with my friends a year or two back and I got him as an assist trophy. I looked at his trophy out of curiosity and liked what I heard, then got around to playing golden sun and I loved it. I decided I wanted him SSB4.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I don't entirely remember why I bought the original game, but I do remember it catching my interest after I read a preview of it in Nintendo Power.

I fell in love with the world of Weyard after playing it. I like Isaac in particular since adepts have such cool powers and the Venus powers are the neatest and most unique. I got excited about him as a fighter in Smash during the pre-Brawl era since he is such a great fit for Smash and there are a surprising number of Golden Sun fans in the community.

I'm glad to see he's still popular, even after a decade since his starring game.

Calane

Smash Ace
Hey, I'm going to let you in on a little secret... I am Bingoshi. I can't seem to get into my old account anymore, and I've tried everything. So I made a new one and just rolled with it, lol. But seeing someone post that old video I made brightened my day a little. ...I hope this little revelation doesn't get me in trouble. :lol:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Hey, I'm going to let you in on a little secret... I am Bingoshi. I can't seem to get into my old account anymore, and I've tried everything. So I made a new one and just rolled with it, lol. But seeing someone post that old video I made brightened my day a little. ...I hope this little revelation doesn't get me in trouble. :lol:
I don't see why it would, unless your old account was banned. Try talking to the mods/admins. They may be able to recover the account.

Calane

Smash Ace
I don't see why it would, unless your old account was banned. Try talking to the mods/admins. They may be able to recover the account.
I was thinking of doing something like that before, but decided not to. I'm really only here to support Isaac and whatnot, so my new account works just fine for that. I do miss my old account, but it's nothing seriously lost, so I'll be okay. Thanks for the advice, though. I appreciate it.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
You should have approached the staff.

Well, having multiple accounts is not allowed, but since you've abandoned the previous one, it's fine.

:231:

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
In Super Smash Flash 2, Black Mage has the "Victory" fanfare from Final Fantasy.
So maybe Isaac's victory theme should be the GS one. That or the "level up" sound.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
In Super Smash Flash 2, Black Mage has the "Victory" fanfare from Final Fantasy.
So maybe Isaac's victory theme should be the GS one. That or the "level up" sound.
In SSF2, Isaac's victory theme is also the Victory fanfare from Golden Sun :p . I'm still waiting for SSF2 though, want to play as Isaac.

Top Bottom