• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Hello everyone, I just wanted to pop in with my shiny new account to say that I voted for Isaac as soon as the ballot opened! He seems like he'd be a very fun character to play - he's got flashy attacks, and he has spiky hair. That's pretty much everything I liked about Roy, and Isaac has a stylin' scarf on top of that. I honestly didn't like Golden Sun itself too much, but Isaac just seems suited to Smash.
Welcome to Smashboards and thanks for the help.

Also this thread has made several people join Smashboards (like it did with me), so let's keep up and help Isaac join the battlefields.

Last edited:

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
Hello everyone, I just wanted to pop in with my shiny new account to say that I voted for Isaac as soon as the ballot opened! He seems like he'd be a very fun character to play - he's got flashy attacks, and he has spiky hair. That's pretty much everything I liked about Roy, and Isaac has a stylin' scarf on top of that. I honestly didn't like Golden Sun itself too much, but Isaac just seems suited to Smash.
Dude, never underestimate a stylish scarf. I'm personally hoping for a color that gives him a sick Kamen Rider scarf that's all red.

thanks for your vote! Tell your friends to vote Isaac too!!

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Haha, same here. As soon as the ballot opened my first thought was "ISAAC!"

Buddy002

Smash Cadet
I actually made a fair few back during the pre-Brawl thread and a few more for this thread.

Isaac:

Garet:

Ivan:

Mia:

Felix:

Jenna:

Sheba:

Piers:

Saturos:

Menardi:

That is pretty darn awesome! One alt skin that I would love is Matthew. He seems to fit so well seeing that he IS Isaac's son. :)

iam8bit

Smash Ace
As soon as I knew about the new voting site, I immediately went there and voted for Isaac. He will be my top choice for Smash until he's in.

I don't want to get my hopes up too much, but fingers crossed! Embarrass

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
I actually made a fair few back during the pre-Brawl thread and a few more for this thread.

Isaac:

Garet:

Ivan:

Mia:

Felix:

Jenna:

Sheba:

Piers:

Saturos:

Menardi:

This reminds me, if Isaac is confirmed, and each of his colour swaps represent other characters, which one would you choose?

I'd choose Jenna's, because m-muh waifu.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
This reminds me, if Isaac is confirmed, and each of his colour swaps represent other characters, which one would you choose?

The color swaps that make him look vastly different than his default (the ones that copy the color of the other GS characters), looks nice and is easier to spot on the battlefield.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
How would you guys feel if Sakurai threw a curve ball and gave Isaac a Himi alt? (Instead of a Matthew/Felix alt) Himi is a Venus adept as well.

This is Himi: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...mg_himi.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120309180224

Not saying it's at all likely. Just wondering how people would feel about that.

Of course it would depend on Isaac being heavily or soley reliant on his psynergy (instead of a sword)

Last edited:

Buddy002

Smash Cadet

Matthew, but he might be too similar to Isaac, so Garet.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Heck, now that DS VC is officially up and running, lets get the complete Golden Sun series up on the Wii U VC!

Dark Dawn still feels so recent to me... Weird to think of it potentially being a VC title.
I'm openly EXPECTING this right now. Lost Age very soon, and shortly after Dark Dawn. Definitely don't think Dark Dawn is happening until we get Lost Age in NA, though.

Matthew, but he might be too similar to Isaac, so Garet.
Matthew has a different outfit. They are similar, but not identical, so I'd be shocked if we didn't get some sort of nod to Matthew, at the very least Matthew's outfit.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero

Buddy002

Smash Cadet
I'm openly EXPECTING this right now. Lost Age very soon, and shortly after Dark Dawn. Definitely don't think Dark Dawn is happening until we get Lost Age in NA, though.

Matthew has a different outfit. They are similar, but not identical, so I'd be shocked if we didn't get some sort of nod to Matthew, at the very least Matthew's outfit.
I would LOVE that, as the name Matthew drew me to the GS series, and caused me to play the rest of the GS games. (Matthew is my name, ;))

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Don't say things like that until it's true. :(

I think you mean that you wouldn't care what alt costumes Isaac gets, as long as he gets in. I totally agree to that. :)
I meant that I would not really care what alt costumes Isaac gets as long as he is in.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.

Isaac:

Garet:

Ivan:

Mia:

Felix:

Jenna:

Sheba:

Piers:

Saturos:

Menardi:

Hmm, these are all pretty good. The Saturos and Menardi colour swaps got me thinking: it would be cool if one of Isaac's colours in Smash was based on his Proxian-like appearance in Golden Sun's 2-player versus mode.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
How would you guys feel if Sakurai threw a curve ball and gave Isaac a Himi alt? (Instead of a Matthew/Felix alt) Himi is a Venus adept as well.

This is Himi: http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net...mg_himi.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120309180224

Not saying it's at all likely. Just wondering how people would feel about that.

Of course it would depend on Isaac being heavily or soley reliant on his psynergy (instead of a sword)
Oh, that'd look kind of ugly.

Keep it to Felix and Matthew pleeeeeeeeeassssssseeeeeeee.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
The perks of being a teacher? Having 28 computers to vote on :upsidedown: (and crying myself to sleep every night because of the children..)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They always wanted Meat Boy in Smash, but nobody ever heard their cry. Same will happen to a certain Knight, am sure. :smirk:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Well this isn't good http://m.ign.com/articles/2015/04/06/team-meat-wants-super-meat-boy-in-super-smash-bros though I'm not worried about this too much, but it could still take quite a few votes away from Isaac.
I have read that. Meat Boy creators want him in Smash Brothers without putting the game on a Nintendo Console.

Edit: It could potentially take votes away from Isaac, but I believe that people will vote for a Golden Sun character since he was in Brawl as an Assist Trophy and is yet to be seen.

Last edited:

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Wait, TLA hasn't been released on Wii U?

Weird, considering GS was (dunno if it still is) a top seller on the VC...

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wait, TLA hasn't been released on Wii U?

Weird, considering GS was (dunno if it still is) a top seller on the VC...
Yeah, not in NA yet for some reason. It took forever, but we finally got DKC/DKL 1-3 and now DK64 is coming, too. TLA shouldn't be far behind, and at this rate Dark Dawn is probably coming as well.

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
Does anybody know why they haven't released TLA on VC in the US yet? I mean I own a GBA copy, but I wouldn't mind paying for a VC copy as well.

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Sakurai is receiving the results from the ballot: Sakurai: Let's see, Shovel Knight, Goku, Shrek, Super Meat Boy, Banjo Kazooie...
*sigh* Who was the idiot that said 3rd parties were allowed?

Random Namco employee appears: Sir, we also have received a lot of votes for those two.

Sakurai: Let's see, Isaac and K. Rool, all right boys, we've got some work to do.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
So this 4chan topic got archived before I could respond to it, so i guess I'll just post it here lol. It was a topic about how we should have a moveset for the character we want to see if we think they deserve to get in. I couldn't really come up with anything for neutral A and down A so I made something up. I'm pretty happy with everything else I came up with though lol.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
One possibility is that "Set" is automatic and actives after using 1-2 additional specials or other moves available.

Otherwise... yeah, that's an AMAZING moveset. Love it. Naturally, his base combo is probably a series of two-handed sword strikes.

EDIT: Perhaps what happens is that each Djinn attack lowers the damage, however, if you charge the attack on consecutive attempts it'll re-set the djinn?

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
So this 4chan topic got archived before I could respond to it, so i guess I'll just post it here lol. It was a topic about how we should have a moveset for the character we want to see if we think they deserve to get in. I couldn't really come up with anything for neutral A and down A so I made something up. I'm pretty happy with everything else I came up with though lol.

Awesome moveset, also, the down-throw at high percentages could link well with any smash-attack. You forgot the aerials, so I'll add some of my ideas for aerials:

Nair - Isaac quickly surrounds himself with stones, damaging all the opponents near him.
Fair - Isaac does a forward slash with his sword.
Bair - Isaac casts out a vine and swipes his enemies with it.
Dair - Isaac casts a powerful stone below him. It has a meteor smash.
Up-air - Isaac casts Force upwards, has a good range.

Supersmash77

Smash Cadet
Well this isn't good [insert link here] though I'm not worried about this too much, but it could still take quite a few votes away from Isaac.
Yeah, meat boy isn't really anything to worry about although I find it odd that the developers want him in Smash Bros even though super meat boy has not appeared on a Nintendo platform

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Yeah, meat boy isn't really anything to worry about although I find it odd that the developers want him in Smash Bros even though super meat boy has not appeared on a Nintendo platform
Every developer wants their character in Smash. They have to do no work, and they get a crap ton of free publicity out of it.

Arteen

Smash Lord

It'd be a tossup between Isaac and Felix. I love Felix's earthy green color scheme, but I'm also quite fond of Isaac's normal look with his iconic yellow scarf. I'm partial to Sheba's color scheme, too. Honestly he looks great in everyone's colors!

Spootondorf

Smash Apprentice
I thought of how the Final Smash could work: If fewer than four Djinn are in Standby, Isaac will use Megiddo; if four or more Djinn are in Standby, Judgment will be summoned.

Megiddo would be a targeted attack that initiates if one of more characters are within a set distance in front of Isaac when he activates his FS. A small cutscene is shown (think Captain Falcon's FS) wherein Isaac leaps into the sky, sword glowing with heat, and bats a giant rock/meteor down at his foes. This would be a one-hit KO move, like Marth's, or it would at least have the ability to KO most of the time, like others' FS's (to mitigate the fact that the activation isn't risky, as Marth's is).

Judgment would affect the entire stage. Isaac activates it in a similar fashion to Megiddo (above). Its initial hit (when the creature's shot hits the planet in GS) one-hit KO's the character(s) Isaac hit during the activation, and the resulting shockwave -- which can be rolled through, so it's not over-powered -- will do a large amount of damage plus a high amount of knockback, but it's less guaranteed to kill the farther away someone is from the site of activation. It can break shields, at least within a certain radius of the impact site.

Two Final Smashes. What do you think?

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
It'd be a tossup between Isaac and Felix. I love Felix's earthy green color scheme, but I'm also quite fond of Isaac's normal look with his iconic yellow scarf. I'm partial to Sheba's color scheme, too. Honestly he looks great in everyone's colors!
I like games with a colourful cast like GS. There's also Fire Emblem, which is repped by Lucina and her palette swaps.

Last edited:

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice

This is somewhat similar to my idea, yeah. This works!

Top Bottom