• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I do think they'll do stage DLC for certain, and I'd say the odds are good that if Isaac is a DLC character they WOULD create a stage for Golden Sun as well. They might have a bundle with him and the stage together, but it wouldn't be by default.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I hope Isaac comes with some additional GS content, or at least additional GS content is offered, but if all we got was Isaac as a character, nothing more and nothing less, I'd still be satisfied.

Though just getting Isaac as a character means a trophy (obviously) and amiibo would be pretty safe bets.
Even if they just ripped the songs from the GBA and DS games instead of making new remixes, I'd love to have more Golden Sun music to accompany Isaac's addition.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, most likely bet is recolors based on other characters. Full alts would be cool but highly questionable.

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
Could be like Little Mac, or Wario. One set of Isaac colors and then a Matthew alt and one set of Matt colors.

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
ohh! are you talking about recolors? Because i just made one of Isaac based on his adult version. Also y made his hair less shiny and more dried, What do you think?, :p

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
ohh! are you talking about recolors? Because i just made one of Isaac based on his adult version. Also y made his hair less shiny and more dried, What do you think?, :p

It's awesome. I'd use the heck out of that.

hwrdjacob

Smash Cadet
I think at the very least a Matthew character alt would be considered if it's true Camelot is making him the exclusive main character from GS4 onward

Linq

Smash Cadet
NNID
LegendOfLinq
3DS FC
4639-8962-6197
I'm getting chills thinking about how cool his intro cinematic could be, with a remix combining the main golden sun theme and the original battle theme...

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm getting chills thinking about how cool his intro cinematic could be, with a remix combining the main golden sun theme and the original battle theme...
That's one thing that's kind of disappointing, though. As we saw, Mewtwo and Lucas got trailers which pretty much used solely in-game material. While I'll sure as heck take Isaac no matter what his trailer is like, I was always looking forward to a fun cinematic. Oh well... As I said, I really wouldn't even care about what the trailer was if Isaac was revealed as playable in it. xD

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
That's one thing that's kind of disappointing, though. As we saw, Mewtwo and Lucas got trailers which pretty much used solely in-game material. While I'll sure as heck take Isaac no matter what his trailer is like, I was always looking forward to a fun cinematic. Oh well... As I said, I really wouldn't even care about what the trailer was if Isaac was revealed as playable in it. xD
Well, the other thing to keep in mind is that Mewtwo and Lucas ARE veterans. Even if they are DLC, they're still veterans. It is -possible- that newcomer DLC could get full CG trailers.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think assuming that he'll come with a stage may be a bit presumptuous... It's not out of the question, but that means making a unique stage with unique assets and gimmicks with like 4 unique Golden Sun songs on it, and an Omega version.

That's a lot of work.

It's not out of the question, I guess, but it's hard to gauge. Mewtwo has the Pokemon stages to call home, and Lucas has Onett, so who knows if a new represented IP will have an additional stage

I guess they have to be prepared for that expectation though, huh?
Well they'll probably be making more stage dlc anyway. It would be kind of strange to see them go to town on Mii costumes and characters, then only give us the Miiverse stage.

They might not give a stage to any characters who already have their series in smash (K Rool probably won't get a stage) but if a series is brand new to smash I could see them giving them a stage. (Isaac, Inkling and numerous 3rd parties)

I mean if a 3rd party character (Snake, Rayman etc) got in do you think they'd be left without a stage? If a new series being added to the roster is popular it stands to reason a stage related to them would sell well too.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well they'll probably be making more stage dlc anyway. It would be kind of strange to see them go to town on Mii costumes and characters, then only give us the Miiverse stage.

They might not give a stage to any characters who already have their series in smash (K Rool probably won't get a stage) but if a series is brand new to smash I could see them giving them a stage. (Isaac, Inkling and numerous 3rd parties)

I mean if a 3rd party character (Snake, Rayman etc) got in do you think they'd be left without a stage? If a new series being added to the roster is popular it stands to reason a stage related to them would sell well too.
Well, DK is lacking a new 3DS stage, I think DK really could get a new stage. But yeah, if a new IP is added as DLC, I think they'll definitely make a stage for it, and there will definitely be more DLC stages as well which will be announced alongside Miiverse (I honestly expect a lot more stage DLC than characters).

Arteen

Smash Lord
I'm not used to having to read through multiple pages of posts to keep up with the thread.

Whatever Isaac's chances are, it's fun to get excited about him again.

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
Adding on to what Jaidyn said, even before the game was released Sonic had an in-game only trailer. ZSS, Shiek and Yoshi all sort of did too (even if they weren't really trailers). Meanwhile the post release trailers for Jr. and Doge did have CGI. Given how much of a big deal this is (and how many $$$$ this will make) its fairly likely we will get some sort of CGI intro, for the first newcomer at least.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I still don't own a Wii U (maybe I'll get one this summer, depends if the next Pokémon game will be 3DS or N3DS exclusive), but what if they change the opening cinematic adding the DLC characters?

As for a reveal trailer, I would still be hyped as hell if Isaac was revealed with only in-game footage (the whole neighborhood would probably come knocking into my door to lower the hype volume).

Next week I return to school, so yeah, I'll go to many computers as possible to vote for Isaac.

Also, what about one of us (I can do it) put the image of Isaac's poster on 9gag with the title: "Super Smash Bros. fan, I summon thee"?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Well, the other thing to keep in mind is that Mewtwo and Lucas ARE veterans. Even if they are DLC, they're still veterans. It is -possible- that newcomer DLC could get full CG trailers.
True. But even if they just used in-game assets, the trailer would be awesome. I mean, Isaac vs. Master Hand and Crazy Hand could easily be done fully in-game. And, in fact, I think seeing that match up is even more likely if they stick to just an in-game trailer, rather than a CG-one. So I'm kind of hyped for an in-game trailer.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Very true, I didn't even think about that. I guess I forgot the fact that veterans (when revealed alone) never did get CG trailers, but newcomers always did. We didn't see any newcomers this time, obviously, so there's no way to determine what a newcomer trailer would be like with DLC. Here's to hoping we get an amazing CG Isaac trailer.

I would probably cry. xD

SanicJan

Smash Cadet
If they don't use this song in Isaac's Smash 4 trailer if he's in (It's so likely now) I'm gonna flip out.

Spatman

Smash Ace
I will vote for Isaac. But I fear he won't receive enough votes... looking around the web, he doesn't seem to be one of the most requests characters... or am I wrong?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Personally I'd love if they started off with a Venus Lighthouse remix for the CGI part of the trailer and then switched to Isaac's battle theme for the gameplay section.

Last edited:

ferioku

Smash Ace
I will vote for Isaac. But I fear he won't receive enough votes... looking around the web, he doesn't seem to be one of the most requests characters... or am I wrong?
At the moment the top 5 are King K.Rool, Wolf, Shovel Knight, Isaac and one more I forgot.

Isaac has always been one of the "higher" requested characters, but Sakurai didn't seem to recognize it.

Now that we have 2 highly requested characters out of the way, I think Isaac has a good chance if we keep pushing votes!

By the way here's another poll >.>

http://strawpoll.me/4033902/r

Last edited:

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Guys I don't think it's about the number of votes. They're probably just trying to see which characters people are most passionate about. Try to be meaningful and varied when you fill out the comments if you're going to go to different computers. I think in this case it really is quality > quantity (although quantity helps the characters stand out too).

If it was about who got the most votes then there would probably be some sort of poll with voting options.

Last edited:

ferioku

Smash Ace
Guys I don't think it's about the number of votes. They're probably just trying to see which characters people are most passionate about. Try to be meaningful and varied when you fill out the comments if you're going to go to different computers. I think in this case it really is quality > quantity (although quantity helps the characters stand out too).

If it was about who got the most votes then there would probably be some sort of poll with voting options.
I was thinking this too, giving a well thought out description of why the character should be added and what they can bring to the roster is definitely helpful!

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
The only major threats seem to be K. Rool, Wolf, Inklings,and Dixie, and indies and 3rd parties, which I don't think are terribly likely. We seem be consistently outranking Captain/Toad, Impa and Krystal in polls these days. The taking account that Wolf has a 99% happening anyway.

It should also be mentioned that Isaac is one of very few big requests without a game in the last 2 years, or one confirmed to be coming. If we can equal the Inklings in all the Splatoon hype, then imagine what GS4 hype could do. Dark Dawn had Isaac top the smashboard polls in 2010 - over Ridley, Mewtwo and Mega Man; GS4 would likely win us the ballot, unless a certain Krokodile gets a new game as well.

Even without GS4 we're up there. Minus 3rd parties and Indies (and Wolf and Ridley) I'd say it'll end up:
Krookodile
then its between Squid and Adept.
Monkey

But as ^^ just said it won't be popular vote alone. We just have to be popular enough to attract Nintendo's attention, and then hope Sakurai and co. think they can do a good enough job on Isaac to attract everyone else's attention, and $$$.

DJ3DS

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0602-6256-9118
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1lDL4AlHjetpp9WYTAb7KXwdtTdjv0zJai2o5GLYTy00/viewform

This is a current reddit poll on Smash dlc; one of the largest so far. Isaac has been battling with K Rool for top spot the whole way, and Rool has only recently pulled ahead - the two are comfortably above the lower spots.

I get the impression he is one of the strongest contenders for DLC. I'm not personally voting for Isaac (K Rool) and would be bummed if he got in instead but I honestly see both being chosen, and I think both fanbases wholeheartedly deserve it.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I think you're wrong. Every look at the most requested has Isaac on the list, usually as one of the top three.

Wolf is pretty much a guarantee at this point in the minds of most people making votes, so we have pretty much all safely discounted him.

Among the top Nintendo characters are:

K. Rool
Inklings
Isaac

Every list I see, that's the listing. Inklings are still a very iffy prospect. I think they're pretty much guaranteed a spot in Smash 5, by this point, but I don't see them getting into Smash 4 before their game is released or shown to be successful.

But either way, those three are the top characters among Nintendo IPs. Due to licensing, profit sharing of DLC, and Nintendo's views on letting third party characters into Smash (which is supposed to be a celebration of NINTENDO history), those are almost certainly the top characters to get into Smash as DLC.

So, if DLC is added based on the votes, Isaac is likely to be in the top 4 Nintendo characters. If, as we all assume, Wolf is already on the way, Isaac is in the top three. If Inklings aren't allowed in due to how recent they are, Isaac is in the TOP TWO.

If we get 5 more DLC characters, Isaac would seem to be guaranteed. If we get 3 more, he still has a fantastic chance, having a much larger legacy than the Inklings. If we only get 2 more characters, it'll come down to luck, as we'd be likely getting Wolf and one other.

Most of us have this conclusion: Wolf is being added no matter what. Nintendo will make at least two other characters based on the poll results.

If this conclusion is correct, Isaac's chances are VERY good.

Spatman

Smash Ace
Until now I saw Isaac around the 10th-15th positions... but what you said conforted me! :D

I think Wolf is guaranteed and there will be other 3 dlcs (September 2015 for Wolf; the whole 2016 for the other 3)

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1lDL4AlHjetpp9WYTAb7KXwdtTdjv0zJai2o5GLYTy00/viewform

This is a current reddit poll on Smash dlc; one of the largest so far. Isaac has been battling with K Rool for top spot the whole way, and Rool has only recently pulled ahead - the two are comfortably above the lower spots.

I get the impression he is one of the strongest contenders for DLC. I'm not personally voting for Isaac (K Rool) and would be bummed if he got in instead but I honestly see both being chosen, and I think both fanbases wholeheartedly deserve it.
Just submited my votes and Isaac has 193 votes, whereas K.Rool has 217 votes, so I'm positive with Isaac, since he is always close to the most requested character.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Until now I saw Isaac around the 10th-15th positions... but what you said conforted me! :D

I think Wolf is guaranteed and there will be other 3 dlcs (September 2015 for Wolf; the whole 2016 for the other 3)
That's what I always saw around the internet as well.

Until the poll.

Since then, Isaac has exploded. Third parties have dropped fairly consistently. Even with the support of developers and the news that they'll be accepted on the poll, more and more voters have said they're turning to Nintendo properties as ones that have a chance. One of the biggest Nintendo characters who usually would outpace Isaac, Dixie Kong, has been dropped as all the DK fans rally behind K. Rool.

With the field thus relatively clear, Isaac has been moving up and is now consistently talked about as one of the most likely.

THE HYPE IS REAL!

It just sucks that we likely won't get any sort of even preliminary knowledge of who is actually being developed until AT LEAST E3.

Amberloo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sashaloo
3DS FC
1203-9998-9799
Hi there, just joined up... (pretty much for this thread so far, as I'm a huge Golden Sun fan!)

Regarding what to say about him in the ballot, I've voted twice for him so far, and I've pretty much gone into detail describing the psynergy he can use in-game, ranging from the elemental spells, to the giant spectral hands/fists- pretty much that he's similar to Robin in that his swordplay is a very minor part of his character, and that he's a very unique and beloved character because of his special powers.

Also, I do have cautious optimism that Isaac is going to make it. Inklings are really cool but they seem way too soon to be added, there's no way Nintendo would put Banjo in the game when a major competitor currently owns the character, and Indie devs are dividing so many people among different characters. (And for some that aren't even on any Nintendo systems! Some people...) But Isaac has really been shining, from what I've seen. I guess you could say he's pretty much...golden.

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice

You know, this is something I hadn't really considered. This is a very good point.

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
You know, this is something I hadn't really considered. This is a very good point.
I agree, but let's not forget the description part of the fighter ballot, which sets a very good standard for consider quality requests (some people just writes a single line saying teh character is awesome and that's all)

Now i got another good idea, i will play for fun/glory using Isaac4Smas as a name tag for promote it online, what do you think??

Top Bottom