• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'd say it was good enough but I understand why people may want her as her own alt. It's not like it'd be that hard to do.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Our boy is fighting in popularity against heavy hitters and still manages to stand out among the rest. Nice.

Having a different personality doesn't mean they wouldn't play similarly. I already know they have different personalities, you didn't need to tell me that.
Do they even have a different personalities? I know Mario games lack of character development but those too are like two water drops.

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
I do think they'll do stage DLC for certain, and I'd say the odds are good that if Isaac is a DLC character they WOULD create a stage for Golden Sun as well. They might have a bundle with him and the stage together, but it wouldn't be by default.
Doesn't every series in SSB4 have at least one stage? I think Isaac would be guaranteed to have a GS stage.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The thing about fan polls is you largely have to discard poll results on an individual basis. Amalgamate all the polls together and then take a look at the averages.

Doesn't every series in SSB4 have at least one stage? I think Isaac would be guaranteed to have a GS stage.
I'd imagine there's a good chance of a GS stage if Isaac becomes DLC, but this is rather uncharted territory, so you never know.

And no, there's usually at least one playable series in each Smash game which doesn't get a stage. Usually it's ROB's. :laugh:

I'd be fine if she becomes an alt, but her own character I think is a bit ridiculous, it'd just be Dark Pit all over again.
I more meant an alt like Alph, not her own individual character, but I still think she has more in her favour than Dark Pit. He appeared in all of one game in a small series, even if she's relegated to spin-offs she at least shows up in a ton of games in a huge series. And has a fair amount of popularity in Japan.

Last edited:

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
Peach is the lady and Daisy is the tomboy. That's what it boils down to really.
I would argue that. As an artist I can say that the differences in their designs are more than superficial.

There's a reason for the shape of their hair, and the color of their dresses and there's a reason Peach attacks people with her butt.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Personally, I think Dark Pit had more than enough potential to have his own unique moveset, given the many weapons and items in Kid Icarus: Uprising. That's why I was disappointed about him being an outright clone. I honestly think he should have just stayed as an alternate costume, or held back as downloadable content to make him a unique moveset.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Personally, I think Dark Pit had more than enough potential to have his own unique moveset, given the many weapons and items in Kid Icarus: Uprising. That's why I was disappointed about him being an outright clone. I honestly think he should have just stayed as an alternate costume, or held back as downloadable content to make him a unique moveset.
I was hoping the Claws would be in a moveset so much DX

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I was hoping the Claws would be in a moveset so much DX
Personally, I was hoping Dark Pit would be much more long-range-based, his main weapon being his Dark Pit Staff. I wrote this basic moveset for Dark Pit long ago:

:GCB: Charge Shot/Rapid Fire (Dark Pit fires either a single charged shot or a barrage of weaker shots. Just like in KI:U, holding your fire will enable Dark Pit to fire a charge shot. During Rapid Fire, Dark Pit can walk either forward or backward)
:GCB::GCR: Boom Spear (Dark Pit throws a Boom Spear in an arc. How far the spear flies depends on how long the move is charged. Once the spear hits someone, it will stick into them and explode)
:GCB::GCU:Power of Flight (I fancy I don't have to explain this one?)
:GCB::GCD:EZ Cannon (Dark Pit pulls out an EZ Cannon, which fires bouncing projectiles that explode on contact. Just like a regular item, however, Dark Pit can lose hold of the cannon if he gets hit, allowing another player to pick it up and use it.)

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm not saying Dark Pit doesn't have potential, but he's not a character that would get on to the roster if he was original. He only got in due to the simplicity that making him his own character entailed.

It's like if we hypothetically got Isaac and Matthew. Sure they could obviously both be unique, but we wouldn't get both unless one was a clone of the other.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I will vote for Isaac. But I fear he won't receive enough votes... looking around the web, he doesn't seem to be one of the most requests characters... or am I wrong?
Here's the thing. All the various polls online trying to determine who is doing well, at this moment Isaac tends to ALWAYS be in the top 5, while the other characters vary wildly. The main consistent characters are K. Rool (pretty much always #1 except for certain sites where another character is more popular), and Isaac being very close. If you take out third-parties and more unlikely first-parties (Ridley, AT's, etc) Isaac is generally pretty close. I've been hearing this from several people especially the Kutthroats who keep bringing it up,

As N3ON said, odds are DLC stages are a thing and if Isaac is added as DLC we'll also get a GS stage. However, not every franchise gets a stage, in Melee Fire Emblem did not have a stage, F-Zero and Mother didn't in 64, and in the last game and this game ROB did not have a stage.

There's so many great possibilities for DLC, though, and with characters and costumes happening, I'd say stages are guaranteed.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I'm not saying Dark Pit doesn't have potential, but he's not a character that would get on to the roster if he was original. He only got in due to the simplicity that making him his own character entailed.

It's like if we hypothetically got Isaac and Matthew. Sure they could obviously both be unique, but we wouldn't get both unless one was a clone of the other.
Or if they actually took their time and make separate playstyles. But we can't have that now can we!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
@ Spatman Spatman
I'm still interested in knowing which places don't see Isaac as a particularly likely candidate.

Or if they actually took their time and make separate playstyles. But we can't have that now can we!
The thing is if the effort was made to include another unique character, someone other than Dark Pit would've been chosen, as he was only ever there to exist as an expy of Pit. That's the only reason we got him. If Dark Pit wasn't a clone of Pit, he wouldn't be on the roster.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Just watched ZeRo 5 most wanted and besides Krystal and K. Rool the remaining were only 3rd parties. I disagree with 3rd parties at this moment, because we already have enough and this is about Nintendo's all-stars, not Nintendo and friends.

Also, considering that Sakurai said that he wanted to keep 3rd parties to a minimum, I wouldn't be surprised that after the ballot, Sakurai would say that making 3rd parties elidgible at the ballot was a big mistake.

Spatman

Smash Ace
@ Spatman Spatman
I'm still interested in knowing which places don't see Isaac as a particularly likely candidate.

The thing is if the effort was made to include another unique character, someone other than Dark Pit would've been chosen, as he was only ever there to exist as an expy of Pit. That's the only reason we got him. If Dark Pit wasn't a clone of Pit, he wouldn't be on the roster.
I don't know exactly. I have seen a certain number of images showing graphics with the results of ballots of some communities and from different times. Isaac often was around the 10th position

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
@ Spatman Spatman

And that is perfectly fine with me. Quality over quantity.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
We're talking alts? So how would you guys feel if Matthew was an alt for Isaac? I think it could be okay, but they are pretty similar in overall design, more so in color scheme.

I hope his color swaps are like Shulk's. So that each of his references one of his teammates.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Just watched ZeRo 5 most wanted and besides Krystal and K. Rool the remaining were only 3rd parties. I disagree with 3rd parties at this moment, because we already have enough and this is about Nintendo's all-stars, not Nintendo and friends.

Also, considering that Sakurai said that he wanted to keep 3rd parties to a minimum, I wouldn't be surprised that after the ballot, Sakurai would say that making 3rd parties elidgible at the ballot was a big mistake.
Correct. I don't mind Third Parties like Megaman, Sonic and Pacman, but they need to be a fraction of the roster. This is a Smash Brothers game and Smash Brothers is mainly focused on Nintendo characters. Adding tons more 3rd party characters will defeat the purpose of having Non-Nintendo characters, since they are called Third Party for a reason.

Last edited:

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
We're talking alts? So how would you guys feel if Matthew was an alt for Isaac? I think it could be okay, but they are pretty similar in overall design, more so in color scheme.

I hope his color swaps are like Shulk's. So that each of his references one of his teammates.
I want Felix as an alt more than anybody else for Isaac, his design is too awesome to pas up imo.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If I have a party there are going to be more guests than hosts. If it were the other way around it'd be a pretty lousy party.

The "guest means less" argument is silly though I do agree third-parties should be limited.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
If I have a party there are going to be more guests than hosts. If it were the other way around it'd be a pretty lousy party.

The "guest means less" argument is silly though I do agree third-parties should be limited.
Yes. I should have used a different word.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Third parties need core Nintendo history presence with Nintendo. Like NES/SNES history. That said alts of Warrior Class Adepts or even just Earth Adepts would be fine. Or palette swaps signifying party members much like Shulk has.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yes. I should have used a different word.
No worries, it's been an argument I've seen floating around since they were first called "guests" in Brawl. People have just always been making too much out of that word. :/

Third parties need core Nintendo history presence with Nintendo. Like NES/SNES history. That said alts of Warrior Class Adepts or even just Earth Adepts would be fine. Or palette swaps signifying party members much like Shulk has.
I don't think it should matter when the presence started as long as its strong.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Still though, Matthew is a lot more likely as an alt.

I only see Felix as a possible colour scheme.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I don't think it should matter when the presence started as long as its strong.
I can agree with this. It's why Sonic works well in this. That said since Camelot has been around a while I think a little bit of themselves should be in Smash.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
This may be a stretch, but as for Isaac alts, I would Isaac to have 4 color schemes (his and his party companions), then Felix and Matthew with also 4 color schemes.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I can agree with this. It's why Sonic works well in this. That said since Camelot has been around a while I think a little bit of themselves should be in Smash.
A little bit of themselves is in Smash. Waluigi.

But I get what you mean. Though I wouldn't put Camelot in the same category as third-parties, because they're not third-party.

This may be a stretch, but as for Isaac alts, I would Isaac to have 4 color schemes (his and his party companions), then Felix and Matthew with also 4 color schemes.
I could see all that except the Felix alt happening.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Well if they can pull strings for Bowser Jr. then why not the Golden Sun party across all 3 games. Get 16 soundpacks full of grunts and you are golden.

A little bit of themselves is in Smash. Waluigi.

But I get what you mean. Though I wouldn't put Camelot in the same category as third-parties, because they're not third-party.
Right. 2nd party. Basically first party depending on how you look at it. My main problem is the lack of a Golden Sun Trophy at least. GS got it's content cut and the only thing left is 2 music tracks each set on a Metroid and Kid Icarus stage.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
  • _Sheik
  • ☆Jisatsu☆
  • Accursed
  • Adeptmune
  • AgatioGanon
  • Aguki90
  • aldelaro5
  • Altais
  • Amberloo
  • andimidna
  • Aqua Rock X
  • AquaDork1
  • Arteen
  • Aureola
  • Aurora Jenny
  • Backgammon
  • Bane84
  • bassem6
  • Bassoonist
  • Bingoshi
  • Blaziken
  • BoN~
  • BridgesWithTurtles
  • Browny
  • Buddy002
  • Bunny8093
  • Calane
  • Cap'nChreest
  • Captain Toad
  • CardStealer1
  • CheckmateChuck
  • CheeseBroJoe
  • Cheezey Bites
  • CliffJumper
  • cocy965
  • Crap-Zapper
  • cybersai
  • Dalek_Kolt
  • Desert Croc
  • Destroyer713
  • Dhragen
  • Diddy Kong
  • Dimensionsword64
  • DivinexRose
  • DJ3DS
  • Doncalot
  • DraginHikari
  • Drakonis
  • Dromader
  • DukeNapoleon
  • DustyPumpkin
  • e105beta
  • Eagle
  • EddyBearr
  • Edlocke
  • egaddmario
  • EndlessChrom
  • ethanrodgers223
  • Falgor
  • Falkoopa
  • False Sense
  • Felix_the_Slayer
  • fenyx4
  • ferioku
  • FirstBlade
  • Flareon
  • fogbadge.
  • foolssigma
  • FreddyOnDrugs
  • Geno Boost
  • GM_3826
  • Gotann
  • GraveEclipse567
  • heylodom
  • hwrdjacob
  • iam8bit
  • IntelliHeath1
  • Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  • isaac3000
  • IvanQuote
  • JaidynReiman
  • Jak_spoon
  • JDogindy
  • JohnnySparkxs
  • jweb22
  • KCCHIEFS27
  • Keybladeguy
  • Kikaru
  • Kind Dedede
  • KingShadow
  • KiraYoshikage
  • KirbyDragon
  • Kisae
  • Koori
  • Kumatora
  • Kycse
  • Lady Palutena
  • LaniusShrike
  • LasermasterA
  • Leafeon523
  • LeeYawshee
  • legendofrob1
  • lightdasher
  • Lightosia
  • Linq
  • Lone (Thirteenth)
  • Lucimar
  • lunarum
  • Lurxy
  • M23-X0
  • MagiusNecros
  • MAGMIS
  • Malcolm Belmont
  • MaskO'Gears
  • Master Rapier
  • MasterMushroom
  • Mav485
  • Mega Bidoof
  • Mendelsin
  • MetalMario128
  • Mishudo
  • MonopolyRubix
  • MorbidAltruism
  • Moydow
  • mynameisv
  • N3ON
  • Neo Zero
  • Niala
  • Nimbostratus
  • Ninjakid41592
  • NitrusVirus
  • NonSpecificGuy
  • NoR4U
  • Octillus
  • Oddyesy
  • Oniric Spriter
  • Oracle_Summon
  • Oz37
  • Pacack
  • Papagenos
  • Pcubed007
  • Phaazoid
  • Plain Yogurt
  • PSIguy89
  • R.O.B.
  • Radical Beam
  • Radori
  • Raetah
  • Really Shy Guy
  • RegiGygas117
  • Retro gamer
  • RhymeswithEmpty
  • Roger Smith
  • Ryan
  • Ryuutakeshi
  • Sabrewulf238
  • Sagittarius
  • sandfall
  • SanicJan
  • Scatmansworld25
  • Secret Sexytime
  • Seleir
  • SG9000
  • sheik93
  • Shinhed-echi
  • Shog
  • SirCamp
  • skaaaa
  • Skyblade12
  • Skyfox2000
  • Smash_Handle69
  • SmashBro99
  • smashkirby
  • SmashShadow
  • SmilingMad
  • Solfiner
  • someonetookjacob
  • SonicLink125
  • SorrowOfAcheron
  • Spatman
  • Spazzy_D
  • Spootondorf
  • Sqid
  • SSBFan
  • Staarih
  • StaffofSmashing
  • Strider_Bond00J
  • StrikeBlade
  • SuperBrawler
  • Supersmash777
  • Superyoshiom
  • Swampasaur
  • TCT~Phantom
  • TeenGirlSquad
  • The Curious Volnutt
  • The One Who Wrote This
  • Thekewlusername
  • T-Hell
  • TheRealHeroOfWinds
  • TheTactician
  • thethirdkoopa
  • TimeSmash
  • TimeSmash
  • ToothiestAura
  • True Blue Warrior
  • Turmalinium
  • UltimateWario
  • Ultinarok
  • Vann Accessible
  • Vegito2727
  • Venus of the Desert Bloom
  • Vintage Creep
  • Violenceman
  • walph
  • Warheart_666
  • Wigglytuff ★
  • Xenigma
  • Xiivi
  • xLemmy_KoopaX
  • XxLtxX
  • YoshiandToad
  • Young Horsetail
  • Your Hero
  • zagman505
  • Zandro
  • ZanZero
  • ZeldaMaster
  • Zulyar

Updated support list.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Unless they pull a Little Mac alternate colors scheme, then Isaac will only have 8 color schemes/alternate costumes available.

• _Sheik
  • ☆Jisatsu☆
  • Accursed
  • Adeptmune
  • AgatioGanon
  • Aguki90
  • aldelaro5
  • Altais
  • Amberloo
  • andimidna
  • Aqua Rock X
  • AquaDork1
  • Arteen
  • Aureola
  • Aurora Jenny
  • Backgammon
  • Bane84
  • bassem6
  • Bassoonist
  • Bingoshi
  • Blaziken
  • BoN~
  • BridgesWithTurtles
  • Browny
  • Buddy002
  • Bunny8093
  • Calane
  • Cap'nChreest
  • Captain Toad
  • CardStealer1
  • CheckmateChuck
  • CheeseBroJoe
  • Cheezey Bites
  • CliffJumper
  • cocy965
  • Crap-Zapper
  • cybersai
  • Dalek_Kolt
  • Desert Croc
  • Destroyer713
  • Dhragen
  • Diddy Kong
  • Dimensionsword64
  • DivinexRose
  • DJ3DS
  • Doncalot
  • DraginHikari
  • Drakonis
  • Dromader
  • DukeNapoleon
  • DustyPumpkin
  • e105beta
  • Eagle
  • EddyBearr
  • Edlocke
  • egaddmario
  • EndlessChrom
  • ethanrodgers223
  • Falgor
  • Falkoopa
  • False Sense
  • Felix_the_Slayer
  • fenyx4
  • ferioku
  • FirstBlade
  • Flareon
  • fogbadge.
  • foolssigma
  • FreddyOnDrugs
  • Geno Boost
  • GM_3826
  • Gotann
  • GraveEclipse567
  • heylodom
  • hwrdjacob
  • iam8bit
  • IntelliHeath1
  • Invisible Shiny Bulbasaur
  • isaac3000
  • IvanQuote
  • JaidynReiman
  • Jak_spoon
  • JDogindy
  • JohnnySparkxs
  • jweb22
  • KCCHIEFS27
  • Keybladeguy
  • Kikaru
  • Kind Dedede
  • KingShadow
  • KiraYoshikage
  • KirbyDragon
  • Kisae
  • Koori
  • Kumatora
  • Kycse
  • Lady Palutena
  • LaniusShrike
  • LasermasterA
  • Leafeon523
  • LeeYawshee
  • legendofrob1
  • lightdasher
  • Lightosia
  • Linq
  • Lone (Thirteenth)
  • Lucimar
  • lunarum
  • Lurxy
  • M23-X0
  • MagiusNecros
  • MAGMIS
  • Malcolm Belmont
  • MaskO'Gears
  • Master Rapier
  • MasterMushroom
  • Mav485
  • Mega Bidoof
  • Mendelsin
  • MetalMario128
  • Mishudo
  • MonopolyRubix
  • MorbidAltruism
  • Moydow
  • mynameisv
  • N3ON
  • Neo Zero
  • Niala
  • Nimbostratus
  • Ninjakid41592
  • NitrusVirus
  • NonSpecificGuy
  • NoR4U
  • Octillus
  • Oddyesy
  • Oniric Spriter
  • Oracle_Summon
  • Oz37
  • Pacack
  • Papagenos
  • Pcubed007
  • Phaazoid
  • Plain Yogurt
  • PSIguy89
  • R.O.B.
  • Radical Beam
  • Radori
  • Raetah
  • Really Shy Guy
  • RegiGygas117
  • Retro gamer
  • RhymeswithEmpty
  • Roger Smith
  • Ryan
  • Ryuutakeshi
  • Sabrewulf238
  • Sagittarius
  • sandfall
  • SanicJan
  • Scatmansworld25
  • Secret Sexytime
  • Seleir
  • SG9000
  • sheik93
  • Shinhed-echi
  • Shog
  • SirCamp
  • skaaaa
  • Skyblade12
  • Skyfox2000
  • Smash_Handle69
  • SmashBro99
  • smashkirby
  • SmashShadow
  • SmilingMad
  • Solfiner
  • someonetookjacob
  • SonicLink125
  • SorrowOfAcheron
  • Spatman
  • Spazzy_D
  • Spootondorf
  • Sqid
  • SSBFan
  • Staarih
  • StaffofSmashing
  • Strider_Bond00J
  • StrikeBlade
  • SuperBrawler
  • Supersmash777
  • Superyoshiom
  • Swampasaur
  • TCT~Phantom
  • TeenGirlSquad
  • The Curious Volnutt
  • The One Who Wrote This
  • Thekewlusername
  • T-Hell
  • TheRealHeroOfWinds
  • TheTactician
  • thethirdkoopa
  • TimeSmash
  • TimeSmash
  • ToothiestAura
  • True Blue Warrior
  • Turmalinium
  • UltimateWario
  • Ultinarok
  • Vann Accessible
  • Vegito2727
  • Venus of the Desert Bloom
  • Vintage Creep
  • Violenceman
  • walph
  • Warheart_666
  • Wigglytuff ★
  • Xenigma
  • Xiivi
  • xLemmy_KoopaX
  • XxLtxX
  • YoshiandToad
  • Young Horsetail
  • Your Hero
  • zagman505
  • Zandro
  • ZanZero
  • ZeldaMaster
  • Zulyar

Updated support list.
It is refreshing to see my scroll bar go up and get smaller when I opened that Support List. :)

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well if they can pull strings for Bowser Jr. then why not the Golden Sun party across all 3 games. Get 16 soundpacks full of grunts and you are golden.
Because that'd be more effort than they'd likely spend appeasing a small fanbase that also wants to play as Felix. A lot more people know who the Koopalings are, plus they've actually shown up in a handful of recent games, so there's publicity reasons as well.

It's not like Marth got decked out with alts of Roy and Sigurd or whatever. He just got Lucina, and the parallel here would be Matthew.

Lone (Thirteenth)

Smash Rookie
I'd love to see Felix as an alt (he's actually my favorite character in the series), but I just can't see it working. Isn't he like, much taller than Isaac? Whereas Matthew and (Young) Isaac look pretty much the same in terms of body structure.

Maybe it's just their different battle stances that make Felix look taller, but then again that's just one more thing that would look kinda wrong (just like Lucina looks really weird to me in this game after playing Awakening, where she had a completely different battle pose).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Right. 2nd party. Basically first party depending on how you look at it. My main problem is the lack of a Golden Sun Trophy at least. GS got it's content cut and the only thing left is 2 music tracks each set on a Metroid and Kid Icarus stage.
I think that's a problem we all share. :laugh:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Isaac and Felix are probably just as tall, they are about the same age after all. And see each other as their rival. It shouldn't matter too much anyway, Felix getting into Smash as Isaac's alt would be the most amazing thing to see ever! Imagine Isaac vs Felix on Venus Lighthouse as a battle...! :love:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Felix was considered at one point to rival OP Meta Knight for Brawl at one point. Music track and the Isaac Assist would prove that. How true that is though remains to be determined.

----------------------

Marth looks more girly then Lucina and in this game Lucina comes off as a jerkwad. Instead of being polite and stuff to the heroes she would idolize instead of mock.

Chrom gets beat on too. Who taught Lucina how to fight implying Chrom also takes notes from Marth and not Ike. Bunch of inaccuracies.

But then again Ganondorf and Ridley in this game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom