• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

SanicJan

Smash Cadet
Last edited:

Supersmash77

Smash Cadet
No lie, K. Rool is a cool character. He's also plays (or at least used to play) an important role in an important series which is pretty underrepresented in Smash, so even though he does nothing for me, I'd rather have Dixie, I get why he's so popular.

And you should totally play the SNES DKC games, they're fantastic!

It let me vote even though I don't have a Nintendolife account.

And... I guess... at least Isaac is second of the characters who probably wouldn't get passed over...
Yeah, I've been meaning to play the originals(I even own the original Donkey Kong Country) but with all the other games in my backlog and all the new games coming out its been hard to find time to play them but oh well someday

Radori

Smash Rookie
NNID
Radoric
3DS FC
3222-5564-7850
Radori here from the SmashFAQs side of the community. Here showing some support and love for Isaac making it as DLC!

#DoTheRightThing
#Isaac4Sm4sh

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...you_want_to_win_the_smash_bros_fighter_ballot

You should vote for Isaac here if you have a Nintendolife account.

It's bizarre how they didn't include King K Rool though.
Inkling and Bayonetta are beating Isaac? Ugh.

I will be so ticked off if Inkling characters make it in over Isaac. Not only do I find them to be very visually unappealing (to put it lightly, and I know that's shallow, leave me alone xD), but they also are brand new characters. This is Isaac's time.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
It's bizarre how 50% of the characters on the list are 3rd party. This is getting increasingly silly.
It is, but I have to imagine Nintendo saw it coming. Sakurai himself even noted how Miiverse was full of ridiculous requests.

Inkling and Bayonetta are beating Isaac? Ugh.

I will be so ticked off if Inkling characters make it in over Isaac. Not only do I find them to be very visually unappealing (to put it lightly, and I know that's shallow, leave me alone xD), but they also are brand new characters. This is Isaac's time.
I agree. Though I actually do like the Inklings, and would be psyched if they were added, not above Isaac. Inkling's time is just starting. There's a pretty decent chance the series will continue past its one iteration imo and if that's the case there's a more than decent chance they'll still have a good shot of getting in next time. No need to rush it. Isaac, on the other hand, should've been added a long time ago, but now finally has another decent shot to get the representation and attention he deserves.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Geez, I'm afraid if Isaac is overlooked once again, I will become a thousand times more bitter. And I'm already, like, so bitter. xD

SmilingMad

Smash Lord
It is, but I have to imagine Nintendo saw it coming. Sakurai himself even noted how Miiverse was full of ridiculous requests.
"Haha, what? Ganondorf with a proper moveset? What are these people smoking?"

I agree. Though I actually do like the Inklings, and would be psyched if they were added, not above Isaac. Inkling's time is just starting. There's a pretty decent chance the series will continue past its one iteration imo and if that's the case there's a more than decent chance they'll still have a good shot of getting in next time. No need to rush it. Isaac, on the other hand, should've been added a long time ago, but now finally has another decent shot to get the representation and attention he deserves.
Apparently they said they wanted to make it kind of like Mario Kart, in that ever so often a new iteration of the game is released that people want to buy and play. So yeah, the Inklings will probably get more than one game.

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Bayonetta is Sega property and we already have Sa... I mean Sonic to represent Sega, the same for Phoenix Wright, Zero and Klonoa.

This is Nintendo's all-star and it's time for Isaac to shine 'cause he belongs to Nintendo, so he deserves to be in Smash before all those 3rd parties and Inklings (they could be added as later DLC if Splatton does well or they can wait 'till Smash 5).

SanicJan

Smash Cadet
Some people are saying Isaac is too similar to Robin. They haven't even played his games if they're using that argument. Such a stupid argument. If people played his games this argument wouldn't be used at all.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Some people are saying Isaac is too similar to Robin. They haven't even played his games if they're using that argument. Such a stupid argument. If people played his games this argument wouldn't be used at all.
Robin uses Electric, Fire, Wind and Dark Magic, whereas Isaac would mainly use Venus Psynergy that would be based in plants, stones and energy swords. Also, unlike Robin, Isaac wouldn't need to worry about running that.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Geez, I'm afraid if Isaac is overlooked once again, I will become a thousand times more bitter. And I'm already, like, so bitter. xD
Is Isaac is overlooked yet again I'm gonna get so salty.
But if Isaac got in, that'd sure be sweet! ;)

"Haha, what? Ganondorf with a proper moveset? What are these people smoking?"

Apparently they said they wanted to make it kind of like Mario Kart, in that ever so often a new iteration of the game is released that people want to buy and play. So yeah, the Inklings will probably get more than one game.
Unless this one bombs, then it probably won't matter what their tentative plans for the series are. Ofc I don't imagine it will.

SanicJan

Smash Cadet
Robin uses Electric, Fire, Wind and Dark Magic, whereas Isaac would mainly use Venus Psynergy that would be based in plants, stones and energy swords. Also, unlike Robin, Isaac wouldn't need to worry about running that.
I know. Now some people are seeing my points and understand how different he is but still think there's a few more characters worth it such as Chorus Kids. (I bet you people wouldn't of thought of those guys if it wasn't for Gematsu).

SanicJan

Smash Cadet
But if Isaac got in, that'd sure be sweet! ;)

Unless this one bombs, then it probably won't matter what their tentative plans for the series are. Ofc I don't imagine it will.
If Isaac got in you can basically count my reaction being like this minus the swearing.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
The best thing to do is to never stop supporting Isaac, even if we think he is guaranteed and there looks to be signs of it, just continue, better safe than sorry.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I wanted to run something by you guys before going to the Official Character Discussion thread with this.

I was thinking of creating a Youtube playlist that will include one song per potential dlc candidate. (any video game character who has appeared on a Nintendo console at least once) A song that their fanbase feels represents their character and is closely tied to them.

What do you think about this? I thought it might be a fun thing to do on the side. Youtube playlists can have 200 videos max so It should be plenty of space.

My intention was to have it purely original game music rather than remixes but then I thought that might hurt retros who'd have to rely on NES/SNES music. Any thoughts on this?

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'm worried that I may be a little bit too hyped right now.

Since the poll, Isaac's popularity has exploded. I'm not seeing a SINGLE "possible newcomer" list that doesn't include him, and I used to see tons which never mentioned him. He's jockeying among the top positions in Nintendo IPs, in some polls even holding his own against K. Rool, one of the longtime most-requested characters for Smash.

The hype is so very real right now. If we get just a few characters, I don't see how he can be overlooked. And that worries me, because I don't want to be let down too hard if I'm wrong. But there is so much support, so much friendship, and so much hype!

Regardless of what I may be setting myself up for, I'm not calming down now. REV UP THE HYPE TRAIN! ISAAC IS MOVING IN!

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I wanted to run something by you guys before going to the Official Character Discussion thread with this.

I was thinking of creating a Youtube playlist that will include one song per potential dlc candidate. (any video game character who has appeared on a Nintendo console at least once) A song that their fanbase feels represents their character and is closely tied to them.

What do you think about this? I thought it might be a fun thing to do on the side. Youtube playlists can have 200 videos max so It should be plenty of space.

My intention was to have it purely original game music rather than remixes but then I thought that might hurt retros who'd have to rely on NES/SNES music. Any thoughts on this?
You could try including the song that would be used in their trailers (if they got one) and states some reasons why these songs fit the character and how they define them.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If Isaac got in you can basically count my reaction being like this.
That was pretty much my reaction when DD was announced at E3 09 and Smash 4 was announced at E3 2011.
Y'know, except for shouting out "my ****! my ****!" xD

I'm fully expecting to fall off my chair and get noise complaints upon an Isaac reveal. :awesome:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
You could try including the song that would be used in their trailers (if they got one) and states some reasons why these songs fit the character and how they define them.
Well I'm not sure I want to get caught up with reasons and descriptions. I was hoping it could be really stripped back and just have a video with a tag/description just stating the characters name. (and maybe their game of origin) Then let the music do the talking.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

That's a neat idea. There's a lot of good GS music but I think the clear choice to represent Isaac would be his theme~

I personally find a charm in retro music, but there are also some pretty great remixes out there. For what it's worth I imagine character trailers would used remixed versions of songs.

Since the poll, Isaac's popularity has exploded. I'm not seeing a SINGLE "possible newcomer" list that doesn't include him, and I used to see tons which never mentioned him. He's jockeying among the top positions in Nintendo IPs, in some polls even holding his own against K. Rool, one of the longtime most-requested characters for Smash.

The hype is so very real right now. If we get just a few characters, I don't see how he can be overlooked. And that worries me, because I don't want to be let down too hard if I'm wrong. But there is so much support, so much friendship, and so much hype!

Regardless of what I may be setting myself up for, I'm not calming down now. REV UP THE HYPE TRAIN! ISAAC IS MOVING IN!
This Harley is all revved up! :awesome:

https://twitter.com/Hydreigonfan01
My account on Twitter. Look at all this support I'm giving Isaac right now.
*pats on head*

Dhragen

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dhragen
Guys, i do like to share with you guys the fanpage we have about Isaac for promote his voting, most of us are Latinos (mostly Chile), but there are some English/Americans there as well, :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1433722646926576/?fref=ts

And about promoting on miiverse, i think one move, a very wise one (lol), is to promote on the miiverse page of golden sun virtual console page, and also promoting it's purchase on wii u (more sales of it would be another source where nintendo could notice us)

So yeah, i think what we need now is a website, to explain why Isaac should be in, etc. The roy supporters already have one made, so it would be nice if we could do a better one, just an idea, :)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Thanks for the input. I think for now I'm going to add the songs myself and then eventually mark it as unlisted and ask in the main Character discussion thread if any of them should be changed. Then I'll set it to public.

It'll be easier than going around asking everyone. Not to mention most fan bases will probably just suggest their characters own theme tunes.

Last edited:

SanicJan

Smash Cadet
I can't believe how close that is to the Trends bar on Twitter right now. We've got the largest support on Twitter right now guys. I checked the others and they're not even close!

Last edited:

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice

DUDE I KNOW!!

It's going to be so SO rewarding if we get him!! We're all going to feel so accomplished...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Guys, i do like to share with you guys the fanpage we have about Isaac for promote his voting, most of us are Latinos (mostly Chile), but there are some English/Americans there as well, :)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1433722646926576/?fref=ts

And about promoting on miiverse, i think one move, a very wise one (lol), is to promote on the miiverse page of golden sun virtual console page, and also promoting it's purchase on wii u (more sales of it would be another source where nintendo could notice us)

So yeah, i think what we need now is a website, to explain why Isaac should be in, etc. The roy supporters already have one made, so it would be nice if we could do a better one, just an idea, :)
Yes! Promoting #IsaacForSmash on GS's Miiverse page (and Miiverse in general) is a very good idea, those of you who go on Miiverse should definitely spread the word! And even those of you who are smart enough to avoid Miiverse should go on and spread the word. :troll:

A site is a fine idea, but I wouldn't know where to start with that, plus this thread is enough for me to handle, however if someone else wants to get one going I'd try to help out where I could.

Buddy002

Smash Cadet
It's bizarre how 50% of the characters on the list are 3rd party. This is getting increasingly silly.
So true. I can only imagine being the person sorting through the ballot entries... *"Another Shrek.... Etika... Naruto...oh look, another Etika!" *sigh**

Also, made a twitter account just to keep the hashtag moving. ;) #IsaacForSmash

Last edited:

SanicJan

Smash Cadet
I'm certain I've been too hyped over the past few days.

Nothing is going to happen until at least E3.
Yeah. I think Wolf is going to be announced at E3. It's pretty much certain. As for Isaac considering that he wasn't in the game or as an Assist Trophy and he's a popular character. (As this has proved) I'm thinking he might of already been worked on but because of multiple characters at a time and his very likely original moveset he's taking way longer then Mewtwo and Lucas.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'm certain I've been too hyped over the past few days.

Nothing is going to happen until at least E3.
I know... Geez, and here I thought the hype for this game was done. But now there is so much, I'm afraid I'm going to explode. xD

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
Well, it's very exciting!

GET HYPE, ADEPTS!!

But make sure we keep all this hype and energy moving throughout until the ballot ends.

I can't stress enough that if we enter like a lion and go out like a lamb halfway through our chances will drop significantly. It's gonna be a long trek.

Arteen

Smash Lord
yes there we go. let me know if you find the others. obviously isaac's color swaps should be the characters of the first 2 golden sun games. makes logical sense since there are 8 party members and every character gets 8 color swaps. 8 player isaac smash!
I actually made a fair few back during the pre-Brawl thread and a few more for this thread.

Isaac:

Garet:

Ivan:

Mia:

Felix:

Jenna:

Sheba:

Piers:

Saturos:

Menardi:

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
I actually made a fair few back during the pre-Brawl thread and a few more for this thread.

Isaac:

Garet:

Ivan:

Mia:

Felix:

Jenna:

Sheba:

Piers:

Saturos:

Menardi:

Duuuude!! Saturos and Menardi are awesome!

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
It's amazing that Isaac's last appearance was in 2010 and he's one of the most popular characters right now.

We should be proud and continue, soon, we will achieve the top of the Smash lighthouse.

Calane

Smash Ace
Right about now would be a great time for Nintendo to finally release Golden Sun: The Lost Age on the US virtual console. I'm sure that would increase some enthusiasm for Isaac in smash, at least a little. Or...you know, I'd be freaking hyped up at least. I've been waiting for it's release for a very long time now, what's taking it so long? It's the only Golden Sun game I don't own, and I really want to play it. Also, I've been told multiple times that it's the best one, so I have very high expectations for it. Anyway, if nothing else, I think it'd get more people talking about Golden Sun.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Heck, now that DS VC is officially up and running, lets get the complete Golden Sun series up on the Wii U VC!

Dark Dawn still feels so recent to me... Weird to think of it potentially being a VC title.

MonopolyRubix

Smash Rookie
Hello everyone, I just wanted to pop in with my shiny new account to say that I voted for Isaac as soon as the ballot opened! He seems like he'd be a very fun character to play - he's got flashy attacks, and he has spiky hair. That's pretty much everything I liked about Roy, and Isaac has a stylin' scarf on top of that. I honestly didn't like Golden Sun itself too much, but Isaac just seems suited to Smash.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Hello everyone, I just wanted to pop in with my shiny new account to say that I voted for Isaac as soon as the ballot opened! He seems like he'd be a very fun character to play - he's got flashy attacks, and he has spiky hair. That's pretty much everything I liked about Roy, and Isaac has a stylin' scarf on top of that. I honestly didn't like Golden Sun itself too much, but Isaac just seems suited to Smash.
A vote for Isaac is a vote for Isaac. That much is welcomed by me.

Top Bottom