• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Okay, why is one of the pictures only of Tharja's butt? There are some people who really don't want to see that...

Anyway, I'm still not completely sure what to think. On one hand, it looks like it was taken from the actual game. On the other, I don't see the actual buttons or anything. It's like he just took pictures of it on a screen.
There are tvs that can connect to the 3DS so that you can see them on screen. I believe E3 had the same ones and other conventions had them too. Did you find the video yet?

Still hoping that Isaac is playable. Why? We still don't have the final roster yet and there is no sign of GoldenSun trophys either. We'll see I guess.

Finally got a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYBlbn-nNEM

Last edited:

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
Okay, why is one of the pictures only of Tharja's butt? There are some people who really don't want to see that...

Anyway, I'm still not completely sure what to think. On one hand, it looks like it was taken from the actual game. On the other, I don't see the actual buttons or anything. It's like he just took pictures of it on a screen.
They put in fighting (for the violence) and every potentially sexual material for rating purposes. Don't forget the screenies are from a ESRB video ;P

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
It's scary times we're in. I just came from reddit where I saw Medusa, Barbara and Krystal get deconfirmed......I haven't felt that tense since the assist trophy trailer.

In Isaac's defence, I would argue he has as much going for him as Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Dog had....which prior to these leaks wasn't a whole lot.
Isaac has more going for him than DHD's iconicness and Bowser Jr's huge importance to the Mario series?

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well the way I'm looking at this right now. We're living in a world where Dark Pit, Bowser Jr., Doctor Mario and Duck Hunt Dog are all on the Smash 4 roster. If you told a smash fan this a few months ago they would probably think you were crazy.

So from that perspective: There are possibly 5 more characters on the roster and I don't think our own bias or expectations are going to accurately tell us who they are. Isaac could just as easily be one of them as anyone else at this point.

It doesn't look good but we're not down and out yet either!

Pcubed007

Smash Rookie
I'm going to jump on two bandwagons here.

The first is the hate group for Dark Pitt and Dr. Mario. There couldn't be anything more asinine than those clones. I can't stand clones that are exact replicas of characters. Some are ok, but clones like Young/Toon Link and Dr. Mario should be burned with fire. Dark Pitt? It was already said but Sakurai has an obsession with his little series and wants to cram in characters. Unless Dark Pitt is different from Pitt in most every way, he can burn with Toon Link.

Lost the happy for a moment, but the HAPPY'S BACK!!!!

The second bandwagon is the hopeful one.

A. Though nothing is assured, between that infamous tweet (2 of 3) and a lack of AT's or scenes, Isaac is not by any means dis-confirmed.

B. Smash is still over a month from release, anything can happen and I am sure we won't have any clue until the actual release.

C. Only TWO things could debunk his case, and that is a direct "He's not in" from Sakurai OR seeing his assist trophy.

If I were Sakurai I would troll everyone by showing a newcomer video for Shulk or Bowser Jr. or someone with Isaac as an Assist Trophy, then later in the video he actually starts fighting with the characters as his reveal.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
There are tvs that can connect to the 3DS so that you can see them on screen. I believe E3 had the same ones and other conventions had them too. Did you find the video yet?

Still hoping that Isaac is playable. Why? We still don't have the final roster yet and there is no sign of GoldenSun trophys either. We'll see I guess.

Finally got a link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYBlbn-nNEM
I know, it's just kind of really? To me.

I'm still thinking the black spaces mean something. If there is any, I think there'd be more than five DLC characters.

I'm still not really convinced. If he's going to make Shulk an amalgam of the swordsmen, why not just give him his own moves?

Also, am I the only one who doesn't care if Dark Pit is in the game?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm going to jump on two bandwagons here.

The first is the hate group for Dark Pitt and Dr. Mario. There couldn't be anything more asinine than those clones. I can't stand clones that are exact replicas of characters. Some are ok, but clones like Young/Toon Link and Dr. Mario should be burned with fire. Dark Pitt? It was already said but Sakurai has an obsession with his little series and wants to cram in characters. Unless Dark Pitt is different from Pitt in most every way, he can burn with Toon Link.

Lost the happy for a moment, but the HAPPY'S BACK!!!!

The second bandwagon is the hopeful one.

A. Though nothing is assured, between that infamous tweet (2 of 3) and a lack of AT's or scenes, Isaac is not by any means dis-confirmed.

B. Smash is still over a month from release, anything can happen and I am sure we won't have any clue until the actual release.

C. Only TWO things could debunk his case, and that is a direct "He's not in" from Sakurai OR seeing his assist trophy.

If I were Sakurai I would troll everyone by showing a newcomer video for Shulk or Bowser Jr. or someone with Isaac as an Assist Trophy, then later in the video he actually starts fighting with the characters as his reveal.
The 2 or 3 leak is fake, but otherwise I agree.

The fact that we haven't seen Isaac at all is good, there's no reason to think that Isaac will still be an unlockable AT in this game. Also, all of the new characters in that video appear to have similarities to existing characters and have several cloned moves, even if they are somewhat unique (based on what I have heard anyway), so its quite interesting.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Isaac has more going for him than DHD's iconicness and Bowser Jr's huge importance to the Mario series?
I said "as much" not "more going for him".

I was also speaking in terms of our own expectations as a fanbase. Most people believed Rosalina & Luma meant no more Mario reps. While Duck Hunt Dog was not considered as strongly as the likes of Takamaru or Lip were. I'm not talking about iconic status, just the Smash community's beliefs.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I know, it's just kind of really? To me.

I'm still thinking the black spaces mean something. If there is any, I think there'd be more than five DLC characters.

I'm still not really convinced. If he's going to make Shulk an amalgam of the swordsmen, why not just give him his own moves?

Also, am I the only one who doesn't care if Dark Pit is in the game?
You're not the only one. Unless he has his own moveset, I could care less for clones. I will be shocked that Dr. Mario got in instead of Mewtwo. That would be insane. Still, there are more characters to be announced. If anything, I hope that Isaac could be at least the last newcomer. We thought the Sakurai Hype Train couldn't get any crazier, it just did + full of emotions.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I'm not psyched about Dark Pit or Doc, but I can't really hate getting more characters like these. It's not like we got them over Isaac or K. Rool or something, where Sakurai made the conscious decision to pick these over others, they were clearly planned as alts that, like Lucina, got differentiated enough to become their own slots. It's not these clones vs. other characters, it's these clones vs. no one and fewer characters.

Sure I'd rather we get different characters than these clones, but considering it was them or nothing, I'll take them.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
So... Am I the only one the website's been going out for?
Nope. I and at least a few others have been having issues, and I assume they're bigger than just three people :p
Maybe people getting home from middle/high school or work on the day of a big leak just caused a traffic spike?

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
The 2 or 3 leak is fake, but otherwise I agree.

The fact that we haven't seen Isaac at all is good, there's no reason to think that Isaac will still be an unlockable AT in this game. Also, all of the new characters in that video appear to have similarities to existing characters and have several cloned moves, even if they are somewhat unique (based on what I have heard anyway), so its quite interesting.
I just came across this YouTube channel.

In one of the videos, Shulk's recovery move, which could be based on his "Air Slash" move, looks way too similar to Marth and Lucina's recovery.

Personally, I am very skeptical. But, if it turns out to be real (which I hope not), then I am rather disappointed with how Shulk plays in the videos.

But to get back on topic, once again Isaac has not been spotted, so we're still in the frying pan--and not in the fire--for now.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
No, its been happening to me too.
Nope. I and at least a few others have been having issues, and I assume they're bigger than just three people :p
Maybe people getting home from middle/high school or work on the day of a big leak just caused a traffic spike?
I thought that was the case seeing as how other sites are working. It is kind of annoying to just keep a tab open on this thread for easy access.

In one of the videos, Shulk's recovery move, which could be based on his "Air Slash" move, looks way too similar to Marth and Lucina's recovery.

Personally, I am very skeptical. But, if it turns out to be real (which I hope not), then I am rather disappointed with how Shulk plays in the videos.

But to get back on topic, once again Isaac has not been spotted, so we're still in the frying pan--and not in the fire--for now.
I am extremely disappointed about that too. I'd rather Shulk not be in the game than be an amalgam.
Actually, Sakurai is holding us to a volcano trying to decide which way he should end our misery :laugh:

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
KI:U is Sakurai's love child. I seen Dark Pit being a character from ten thousand miles away. Do I dislike the choice? Yes. Am I going to hate him for it? No.

Isaac/Matthew still has a really good chance. Though day by day I start to feel as though Sakurai is just toying with the GS fanbase. The lack of GBA reps really hurts honestly. The question passed through my head a few times recently. Could there be no Golden Sun representation this time around? Yes. Does that mean GS is completely gone forever? No. I'd hope for some DLC (like a certain couple of leaks pointed out).

I'm not too worried though. Shulk looks like a cardboard character. His movement looks so eww. Just my opinion.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink

I think the videos look super sketchy, especially because of how blurry they are. They could easily be Brawl hacks and we'd be none the wiser.

But the recently released screens look pretty convincing. Which, if they are real, I'll be really disappointed with the roster.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Some of the inclusions are great (Duck Hunt Dog and managing to squeeze all eight Koopalings into the roster is a fantastic idea) but I'm a tad salty about some of the characters who would be in over Isaac - I can't believe Mach Rider is supposedly in and Isaac isn't. I was hoping that Golden Sun being on the eShop (and the inevitable release of Lost Age) would boost his chances of getting in but apparently not

Bit skeptical about Dark Pit as well - I haven't played Uprising but isn't Dark Pit quite literally a clone of Pit?

Oh Sakurai, just reveal Isaac as an AT in POTD and end the suffering already

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
managing to squeeze all eight Koopalings into the roster is a fantastic idea)
What. When in the world did that happen? That would be worse than Dr Mario and Duck Hunt Dog!

Honestly, that is exactly what I think it is.
Thats what I'm hoping it is. PM has shown us you can potentially do something like that if you wanted.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
What. When in the world did that happen? That would be worse than Dr Mario and Duck Hunt Dog!

Thats what I'm hoping it is. PM has shown us you can potentially do something like that if you wanted.
According to past leaks that coincide with the current known leak, Bowser Jr. doesn't have alternate colors, instead he has the Koopalings as alts.

Still find it odd we've seen no Golden Sun content whatsoever... We'd at least have some trophies.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
So unless we take into account that new leak that has Impa and Mach Rider... there's at least 1 mistery newcomer, isn't there?

With all this info coming in at once, I'm really confused now.

Sure I'd rather we get different characters than these clones, but considering it was them or nothing, I'll take them.
Well, considering Lucas, Wolf and Ice Climbers are supposedly cut... we did get them over others.

Specifically, I'd much rather have Lucas or Wolf back than Dr. Mario and Dark Pit. Any day.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
According to past leaks that coincide with the current known leak, Bowser Jr. doesn't have alternate colors, instead he has the Koopalings as alts.

Still find it odd we've seen no Golden Sun content whatsoever... We'd at least have some trophies.
Oh. I thought you meant as playable character. But still, 8 alts? And they say Sakurai showed favoritism to Kid Icarus...
So unless we take into account that new leak that has Impa and Mach Rider... there's at least 1 mistery newcomer, isn't there?

Well, considering Lucas, Wolf and Ice Climbers are supposedly cut... we did get them over others.

Specifically, I'd much rather have Lucas or Wolf back than Dr. Mario and Dark Pit. Any day.
I'm with you on both counts.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

Couldn't agree with this more.
If Ice Climbers was such a hazzle to work with, why not split them apart? Have Popo be one character, and Nana be a "Lucina" of Popo?

Dr. Mario and Dark Pit is stupid.. The Doc could've easily been a costume, and Dark Pit was already a color swap. :/

I can already tell next SSB is going to be full of glorified recolors and costumes... On the other hand... Duck Hunt has me extremely excited! Not to mention the possibility of Mach Rider! Just crossing my fingers for Isaac.

DivinexRose

Smash Cadet
Wow. This thread became mood swing city. *had to catch up to so many pages*

How did someone get their hands on that game when it hasn't even been released in Japan yet? Why is Dr. Mario back all of a sudden? And Dark Pit is the most laughable choice ever.

Never trust the internet. Believing that leak is like believing in Doomsday 2012 all over again.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider

How did someone get their hands on that game when it hasn't even been released in Japan yet? Why is Dr. Mario back all of a sudden? And Dark Pit is the most laughable choice ever.

Never trust the internet. Believing that leak is like believing in Doomsday 2012 all over again.
Ah. Doomsday. I remember the internet being extremely stupid about that.
...That made me sound way older than I actually am...

Tester for Nintendo? That's the only idea I have about why he has it, and even then I don't see someone risking their career for this.

No, the most laughable choice is Shrek.

Also, I don't believe in the leak. Give me the game and then I'll tell you it's true.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't think it was ever confirmed anyone has 8-9 total costumes or whatever except in leaks, and I don't buy anything that doesn't have visual proof. Even then, its possible this video footage is fake. Its questionable, but at the same time, how the hell did they get footage when before they "confirmed" they only had photos?

That said at this point I think its clearly real.

No one got their hands on the game, if the leak is to be believed its all footage sent to the ESRB. Closeups of the slightly more sexualized female trophies is actually something that benefits the theory that this footage leaked from the ESRB.

Two Big Guys For You

Smash Cadet

The images leaked onto a feminist website which encourages lesbianism. Thus is the boobs and butts. If you can't handle the new world of acceptance I guess you're just too old. JK

My sympathies to you guys. It's a shame Little Mac ended up being the only assist trophy promoted.

If Isaac isn't an assist trophy but he isn't in either at release, don't lose hope! I'm rooting for his chances as DLC, because I had Golden Sun as a kid.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
The images leaked onto a feminist website which encourages lesbianism. Thus is the boobs and butts. If you can't handle the new world of acceptance I guess you're just too old. JK

My sympathies to you guys. It's a shame Little Mac ended up being the only assist trophy promoted.

If Isaac isn't an assist trophy but he isn't in either at release, don't lose hope! I'm rooting for his chances as DLC, because I had Golden Sun as a kid.
If Isaac's AT isn't back, he'll be DLC for sure. They aren't going to remove Assist Trophies for no reason. Sakurai is only adding AT's, not removing them.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
Gamespot.com | Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS Leaked Roster Video and Images Reveal Possible Characters

According to the man in the video, Nintendo will be live streaming a "shocking announcement" tomorrow at 06:00 Pacific Time (09:00 Eastern Time, 14:00 British Time). Nothing has been confirmed yet--at least not to mine knowledge--so for the time being it is probably best to take his words with a bucket of salt.
We're getting an announcement and we're just now hearing about it? Riiiiiiight.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
You know what's sad about all of this. We were asking for this. After Gematsu was proven false (to an extent), most of us were asking for a new leak. Sure enough, we got one and is much bigger than Gematsu ever was. If this somehow turns out to be fake, then wow, I don't know what to say, but kudos to the guy who made the internet explode with emotions.

I wonder what the announcement will be tomorrow? Sm4sh 3DS delayed in Japan and everywhere else? Uh oh.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
You know what's sad about all of this. We were asking for this. After Gematsu was proven false (to an extent), most of us were asking for a new leak. Sure enough, we got one and is much bigger than Gematsu ever was. If this somehow turns out to be fake, then wow, I don't know what to say, but kudos to the guy who made the internet explode with emotions.

I wonder what the announcement will be tomorrow? Sm4sh 3DS delayed in Japan and everywhere else? Uh oh.
I did not ask for another leak. I'm really sick and tired of all this and am actually considering staying away from this site until it releases in Japan.

Why would it be delayed?

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I did not ask for another leak. I'm really sick and tired of all this and am actually considering staying away from this site until it releases in Japan.

Why would it be delayed?
Didn't say everyone, just a huge amount wanted more info and specifically, leaks that were legit. Personally, this leak, although very convincing, does not tell me anything yet. Sakurai, again, still has the say in all of this and I wait on him to announce who is going to be in or not.

I would think for several reasons. Having it out at the same time for everyone would be smart. Because of the ruckus of this leak has gotten out of hand, we deserve to wait longer or something like that. There are still things they need to correct in the 3DS version and 3 weeks for Japan won't cut it. It really could be anything why they would delay it. That is, if they are.

Whatever the announcement is, it will be a big one. It's almost scary to think of what it is.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I hold hope for that lone, unconfirmed spot being Isaac.

I thought is was six. And even than, Jr has 9 choices if we count him self.
I think the rumor (or was it confirmed?) was that everyone will have 8 color swaps total, some of them being alts. By the way, there's 7 Koopalings, so with Bowser Jr. it makes 8 and actually fits.

DivinexRose

Smash Cadet
Ah. Doomsday. I remember the internet being extremely stupid about that.
...That made me sound way older than I actually am...

Tester for Nintendo? That's the only idea I have about why he has it, and even then I don't see someone risking their career for this.

No, the most laughable choice is Shrek.

Also, I don't believe in the leak. Give me the game and then I'll tell you it's true.
I don't believe it 100% either (as I'm an old fart who prefers to be told OFFICIALLY by Nintendo), and I do agree. NDAs are not something to be taken lightly, and this is coming from a voice actress who's dealt with a few of those before.

And are you kidding me? Shrek's the best choice, you just mad (clearly joking.)

No one got their hands on the game, if the leak is to be believed its all footage sent to the ESRB. Closeups of the slightly more sexualized female trophies is actually something that benefits the theory that this footage leaked from the ESRB.
I guess that's understandable. I would think they'd give them actual, higher quality screenshots so they can get a more clear visual, but then again I don't know how ESRB works with their ratings or what's going on.

Last edited:

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
According to the man in the video, Nintendo will be live streaming a "shocking announcement" tomorrow at 06:00 Pacific Time (09:00 Eastern Time, 14:00 British Time). Nothing has been confirmed yet--at least not to mine knowledge--so for the time being it is probably best to take his words with a bucket of salt.
Couldn't that just be the so-called "earth-shattering" Pokémon thingie? It's been around for a few days now, maybe this has nothing to do with Smash whatsoever.
Also, thanks Smashboards for not letting me post the link because I'm too new - Which is actually a great feature now that I come to think of it - but a quick Google-search for "Famitsu 26th August announcement" should fix that.

I stand tall by my hope for Isaac, and I won't lose it until he's been deconfirmed by Sakurai himself. Although the chances are slim, possibly even the slimmest since this thread has been started, there is this feeling in my stomach that tells me not to lose hope yet.
Maybe I'm insane, maybe I'm just being irrational, but after a short depressed phase right after those videos came up, my mood went from "Well, guess we can bury that guy now" to "Damn, that can't be all there is to that. It just can't."

Top Bottom