• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Arteen

Smash Lord
There are some color swaps in the OP. I also made a few back in the pre-Brawl days. I love Isaac in Felix's colors.

[collapse="Images"]
Felix

Sheba

Saturos and Menardi

Garet

Ivan

[/collapse]

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Hmm, speaking of alternate colours/costumes, they could give Isaac the clothes he wore in Dark Dawn. That, in mine opinion, would be even cooler than a Matthew alternate costume. (Shrugs) But that is just me.

Come to think of it, some of the items in Golden Sun would make good items for Smash Bros, particularly the Bramble Seed and the Sleep Bomb. For instance, the Bramble Seed, when thrown, can create a large bush of thorny vines for several seconds that will damage and entangle opponents. The Sleep Bomb would be unique in that it would be the first item (excluding Togepi) in Smash that can put players asleep.

D

Deleted member

What about the Djinn from Golden Sun? I haven't played the game, but perhaps they could work.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Djinni would make wicked items. Would work kinda like the Dragoon, except you'd have to collect 4 Djinni. Or, you can unleash them any time you want?

Maffewt

Smash Apprentice
Djinni would make wicked items. Would work kinda like the Dragoon, except you'd have to collect 4 Djinni. Or, you can unleash them any time you want?

What if they only appear in matches with Isaac, and he's the only who can get them? They can alter the effects, range or strength of his attacks, like how the djinni combos make new moves or stats for the characters in the game.

it's a pretty ridiculous idea, but it'd be a fun way to make him stand out.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Djinn would be interesting as part of Isaac's play style.

Isaac starts a match with four djinn or so. Djinn make his special attacks more powerful, but every time he uses a special move, a djinni is put into recovery mode. He has to wait a short amount of time for each djinni to recover. Isaac can still use his special attacks when all of his djinn are recovering, but they will less effective/powerful.

It could be fun. Or awful.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

So with less than a day remaining until the trailer touches down, we're really coming down to the wire. With Golden Sun's future hanging precariously off-balance, Isaac's inclusion in Smash could bring relative ease to those concerned with the fate of such a great series. Even if Isaac's potential inclusion doesn't spawn a follow-up to GS in the near future, his series will still be included in the collective pantheon of great Nintendo series in the masterful tribute that is Smash, which is honestly what his series deserves. It would bring new interest and re-invigorate old interest in Golden Sun, and would offer an experience totally unique and frankly impossible with any other series in Nintendo's stable. This could be the start of a new wave of popularity for the little-RPG-series that could. A new breath of life could be delivered into one of Nintendo's most critically acclaimed series, but one of the most criminally unacknowledged, which is saying something.
With that in mind, as we approach the trailer many questions as to who will appear are being thrown around. Many are predicting characters other than Isaac, and that's totally a valid, even likely possibility, but might we see Isaac in the next few days finally added to the playable roster? Well, even if not overly likely, in my mind it's certainly possible. If Sakurai wants to add a character from a new (non-retro, non-third party) series in the trailer, one that has left an impact worldwide, as it won't just be Americans watching this trailer, it's possible he'll turn to the character that has seen constant demand to be playable for nearly ten years, a character who's popularity has remained even after a series hiatus and the arrival of new, more recent series. A character who remains popular after not being playable for a decade, a character with vast potential who refuses to fall out of popular demand. This character did, at one point, have worldwide popularity, and he might've fallen out of favor in some areas, but he also actually had popularity in those areas at one point, and an audience that would receive him warmly, unlike other misc representatives who's popularity has always been more exclusive to certain regions.

This character is obviously Isaac, face of Golden Sun, and, on average, most popular request for a new Nintendo series rep since before Brawl that is as of yet unplayable with fanbases all over the world. Now, with the whole world in mind, North America, Europe, Japan, Australia, and elsewhere, and knowing that previous popularity often does play a role in inclusion, might Isaac appear in the trailer? Like I said, it's possible, but hardly a sure thing. Perhaps not even very likely. I'd love to hear your thoughts. But will he end up playable in the game? I'd bet on it, for what my humble opinion is worth. As a staunch but logical longtime supporter of Isaac, I recognize he has gone through ups and downs on his career for Smash, more than some other characters. But he has endured. Ever the popular pick, ever the wealth for potential, ever the iconic golden earth-shaking adept from a series that has left an undeniable impact for Nintendo, something Sakurai values, something Sakurai seeks. This is, after all, a series to represent Nintendo's best and brightest. Others might come and go, but take a look at the remaining series Nintendo has. Sure, there are plenty of good games, games that have made their mark, games that have their own circles, but from the series Sakurai hasn't expressed a lack of feasibility for, Golden Sun stands at the head. Some others have found success, sure, but to a much more localized group of people, which Sakurai doesn't like to focus on, or a much smaller overall audience, meaning fewer people are familiar with them, there would be fewer people clamoring for their inclusion.

He's not a guarantee, he's no lock, but his chances are definite, he is a true contender. Might Sakurai honor Golden Sun (the honor it deserves) with inclusion of its lead in a game that pays homage to history, stresses impact, and allows for exponential and acclaimed growth? We might find out tomorrow, we might not find out for months, but it will be a hell of a ride, and I look forward to experiencing it with all the fellow supporters of the Venus adept as we strive to reach the goal of honoring a great series, and finally, finally receiving a character more than worthy for inclusion.

Thank you for your continued support, and your positive impact. It truly might be now or never. :)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Beautiful! :happysheep:

Isaac's been in my top 5 since Brawl, and he's not going anywhere until I see him playable, which should be soon! Rock on!

Arteen

Smash Lord
Personally, If he doesn't show up tomorrow, I'll assume he won't show up at all. After Isaac got shafted in Brawl, I don't want to get my hopes up.

D

Deleted member

Personally, If he doesn't show up tomorrow, I'll assume he won't show up at all. After Isaac got shafted in Brawl, I don't want to get my hopes up.
I don't expect to see Isaac in the trailer at all. Little Mac will probably be the misc. reveal.

So if anything, don't give up on Isaac. Keep supporting him and show your love for him. I know that's what I'll do with Mega Man.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Darn, Isaac did not appear in the trailer... Oh well, not many newcomers were revealed anyhow. Here is hoping he will be revealed in the new Smash Bros website, which they said they will be putting up shortly after the presentation.

Arteen

Smash Lord
Wow, only one newcomer in this trailer, compared to four from Brawl (guest characters aside), Since the games aren't coming out until 2014, it will probably be a while before anything else gets revealed.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
While I was hoping deep down, I wasn't really counting on Isaac showing up in this trailer.

But the new site is up, and I'm sooo ready to see what Isaac looks like in HD. I look at the Link model and it's helping me visualize it in my head, and I must see it NOW. lol

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
I'd be worried if like six people were revealed and Isaac wasn't one, but since it was only two, we'll be fine. I just hope we start getting updates to that website

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well, Isaac didn't show up in the trailer. Tbh, wasn't banking on it. As they really only had one Nintendo newcomer, it'd actually have been a bit odd if it was Isaac. He can definitely still show up though, and since the game looks gorgeous, I can't wait to see how they implement the GS universe. ;)

D

Deleted member

While I'm disappointed about the lack of Isaac in the trailer, I do have some hope.

Why?

The stage that appears to be in a coliseum.

Now, a lot of people say it's Arena Ferox from Fire Emblem, but I still claim that the stage is from Golden Sun because the background is similar in design to the background used in the battle scene when Isaac is dealing with Navampa, Izart, and Satrage during the tournament, not to mention the way the arena looked similar to the Colosso tournament arena with the doorways. Also, the sound effect of the crowd cheering, while generic, was used in the tournament.

And... I would love to play as Isaac, but I'm a bigger Felix fan.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
This stage?

Well, I love your enthusiasm and optimism, but it does pretty clearly appear to be Arena Ferox, I mean compare it to this...

Same floor pattern and everything. Don't give up hope though, Isaac is still a very real possibility. ;)

D

Deleted member

Yeah, that was the one. I had hoped it was Colosso. I'll admit I don't play Fire Emblem games.

I know. The 3DS version is going to be heavy on portable games, and while Golden Sun may not be as big as it used to be, I still think Isaac is a good contender.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
Now that Animal Crossing has a rep finally, I can't think of any other franchise that needs a rep more than Golden Sun

D

Deleted member

Now that Animal Crossing has a rep finally, I can't think of any other franchise that needs a rep more than Golden Sun
I agree. However, N3ON's point/counterpoint on the first page does explain that, when push comes to shove, there may be other characters with slightly more clout. Not many, but some (Little Mac and Ridley are the two most common). Little Mac, for example, has a great push, and I'd love to play him (only after Isaac is revealed, of course). But, I should point out I'm not in the Ridley camp because I really don't see the practicality of "shrinking" him, even though supports will cite Bowser constantly gets his size changed from game to game.

Also, the inclusion of the Wii Fit Trainer for the Wii U version of Super Smash Bros. 4 means they'll be a lot more flexible in their criteria. My feeling is that they'll have a few Wii U-exclusive characters, and some characters that are more at home for the 3DS version, especially since the handheld stages will be predominant on that one.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I still think that Isaac has a good chance. He seems decently popular. Especially for a character from a obscure franchise.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Makes me sad that Golden Sun is now thought of as obscure by some. :(

Ah well, nothing Isaac's inclusion can't turn around. ;)

D

Deleted member

Makes me sad that Golden Sun is now thought of as obscure by some. :(

Ah well, nothing Isaac's inclusion can't turn around. ;)
I agree. I still play the original two games every now and then and still am happy. Dark Dawn was bad at some aspects (plot holes and a Point of No Return), but I still had fun playing it.

Yup, nothing like a new induction helps a franchise. Worked for Pit.

Arteen

Smash Lord
So far both (non-guest) newcomers are from new series, compared to just Pit in Brawl. Hopefully that trend continues, and Sakurai prioritizes new franchises over existing ones.

Additionally, the theory that the 3DS version will be more handheld-focused is now proven. There's a good chance that handheld-centric franchises like Golden Sun (or Advance Wars for that matter) that got minor appearances in Brawl will get more attention in SSB4.

I can't think of any other notable handheld franchises that aren't already represented by a playable character. Other than games like Nintendogs and Brain Age, which aren't fighter-friendly.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So far both (non-guest) newcomers are from new series, compared to just Pit in Brawl. Hopefully that trend continues, and Sakurai prioritizes new franchises over existing ones.

Additionally, the theory that the 3DS version will be more handheld-focused is now proven. There's a good chance that handheld-centric franchises like Golden Sun (or Advance Wars for that matter) that got minor appearances in Brawl will get more attention in SSB4.

I can't think of any other notable handheld franchises that aren't already represented by a playable character. Other than games like Nintendogs and Brain Age, which aren't fighter-friendly.
I agree (though we also got Wario in the Brawl trailer), it seems Sakurai is giving priority to new series this time around, and making specific distinctions between console and handheld series/games. I'd say that bodes pretty well for Isaac, as I don't imagine Sakurai unveiling possibly six new series to Smash before a character from an existing series unless he was changing the focus of the additions.

I guess we'll find out eventually. ;)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Seeing how the Villager and Megaman work (lots of unique moves for Smash attacks) I have real high hopes for Isaac this time around! :) Especially with the Wii Fit Trainer to, cause that means Sakurai revisits ideas and adds in characters from series in Brawl without a character. Golden Sun should easily be a higher priority than most other AT characters / franchises we've seen in Brawl. Am pretty hyped for Isaac! ^^

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So does this mean there won't be a Golden Sun stage in the WiiU version? :urg:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So does this mean there won't be a Golden Sun stage in the WiiU version? :urg:
I guess it's possible, but if Isaac is in both seems likely Sakurai would make a GS stage in both, he usually tries to give each series at least one stage per game. If not though, I wouldn't be surprised if the stage transferred over or something to that extent.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
I thought it was said somewhere that you could transfer characters from 3ds to WiiU and vice versa if there were going to be version specific characters. Can't remember where I read that though.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I thought it was said somewhere that you could transfer characters from 3ds to WiiU and vice versa if there were going to be version specific characters. Can't remember where I read that though.
It hasn't actually been said.

It's a theory made by us.

Top Bottom