• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think we missed this hint guys for Smashified.
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Both Isaac and Kumatora wear blue.
Yeah, I just noticed this. Its interesting to note that none of the hints on their "What's New" exclusively apply to Isaac, however, other hints they've mentioned only apply to Isaac and not Kumatora (they just didn't put those up on What's New).

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Well Megiddo is more a physical attack skill and every physical attack does more single target damage then any Psynergy does.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
So the new hint is 'Blue'. Well, Isaac does have a predominantly blue dress.

Other than that... Isaac has bluish eyes. :p

:231:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Well Megiddo is more a physical attack skill and every physical attack does more single target damage then any Psynergy does.
Several Psynergy spells actually calculate damage by multiplying the standard physical attack damage you do, so that statement is incorrect.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So the new hint is 'Blue'. Well, Isaac does have a predominantly blue dress.

Other than that... Isaac has bluish eyes. :p

And Kumatora has a blue dress. There's still more evidence towards Isaac, but this hint is really kinda pointless. I mean, why bother adding any more hints at this point anyway? This one has gotten so many hints its ridiculous.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
And Kumatora has a blue dress. There's still more evidence towards Isaac, but this hint is really kinda pointless. I mean, why bother adding any more hints at this point anyway? This one has gotten so many hints its ridiculous.
Well, they have a tendency to over-hype it.

Goodstyle_4

Smash Journeyman
Noticing a lot of K. Rool followers in this thread. I have to ask, is it really such a good idea to be supporting K. Rool's biggest competitor? If your loyalties truly lie with the king, I'd suggest holding off additional votes for a character this close to winning.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Hmm it'd be interesting to imagine a modernized look for Isaac. All I could really see them doing aside from updating his assist trophy look is possibly redesining the red breastplate he has equipped and fitting his clothes a bit differently. I can't say I'm a big fan of his assist trophy design though, as it looks a bit dull and blocky. I'd honestly be okay with them using his DD design but I feel like he needs to have the yellow scarf.

They should take inspiration from his original artwork, as he looks really great here. Would love to see his hair a lot more like that.

Actually after looking at all this artwork, I just realized how off the brawl render really is. It's lacking a lot of detail.

Make his top/pants different colours, make his hair more pointed and add more detail to his top. He would look a lot better.
Don't worry, no doubt if Isaac actually gets picked for playable status, much more detail will be put into his model this time around.

I know its shallow, but that's a great part of the reason I want to see him playable! I want to see a nicely done 3D Isaac model.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Noticing a lot of K. Rool followers in this thread. I have to ask, is it really such a good idea to be supporting K. Rool's biggest competitor? If your loyalties truly lie with the king, I'd suggest holding off additional votes for a character this close to winning.
You make it sound like it's only going to be one Ballot character. Honestly Nintendo would be dumb if they didn't have multiple ballot characters. Easy money. But at the same time they need to keep some characters (Inklings) back for the next Smash.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
People can support more than one character, surely? Even ones as close together in most polls as Isaac and K. Rool. Besides, I doubt we're only going to get one character from the ballot, and it's probably not going to be solely determined by who "wins" anyway.

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
K Rool is deconfirmed for me so I came here. I'm still supporting him though but I'm also supporting Isaac as well because he seems mroe likely.

D

Deleted member

Just put a ring on it, Tret! Word on the streets is that a guy named Sauron makes some good ones.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
No, an awful lot of K. Rool fans also would like to see other characters like Isaac, Dixie, and Ridley, and an awful lot of Isaac fans I've seen also want K. Rool and other characters. Besides, supporting doesn't necessarily equal voting in the ballot.

I want K. Rool and still think he's viable, and likely, but I also want Isaac as well. I've always wanted the two of them since the start of speculation.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Several Psynergy spells actually calculate damage by multiplying the standard physical attack damage you do, so that statement is incorrect.
I wouldn't call unleashes that deal critical damage and with Megiddo and Excalibur which basically Triple your damage the same as any old physical attack.

Point is endgame Psynergy damage is rather lacking IMO.

Lacking in big numbers.

Only Psynergy spells I ever consider using is maybe Odyssey or Liquifier the big fire spell.

But Sol Blade and Excalibur exist so those usually aren't used at all.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Quick attack! - Samurai class: x1.8 attack.

The summon series from the Tomegathericon classes. Summon Dullahan has the same multiplier as Sol Blade i.e. x3 damage but since the attack stat of the Dark Mage is pretty low, this attack still pales in comparison to Meggido. Although it is Jupiter based giving it a bigger advantage.

Then there is Excalibur which when does 3 strikes in it's special does more damage than Meggido does. Give it to a Jupiter buffed warrior adept and voila almost as Meggido broken (averages out to be x2.2 damage). Too bad we don't we have a proper longsword wielding warrior Jupiter adept.

Broken attacks all of them! Gotta love 'em all.

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
The poor excuse for a Dark Mage in Dark Dawn doesn't have a Summon Dullahan spell. Just weak ass undead. That do chip damage.

Starless

Smash Cadet
It doesn't help that Venus is resisted by everything because said element was secretly reserved for the obvious bad guys.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Broken is a Sol-Blade wielding Isaac/Felix/Matthew with 99% unleash rate (although Matthew kinda suffers, since Sol Blade in DD has 4 unleashes, but then, Centurion is also a pretty good unleash).

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
So Chris from Smashified just said that he feels bad for the people expecting Kumatora or Isaac becuase they'll be let down. I'm so sick of these guys thinking there master trolls just like Sakurai. I just want them to release Isaac then i'll stop caring about Smashified.
https://twitter.com/ChrisSzczesiul/status/630807435855425536

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
So Chris from Smashified just said that he feels bad for the people expecting Kumatora or Isaac becuase they'll be let down. I'm so sick of these guys thinking there master trolls just like Sakurai. I just want them to release Isaac then i'll stop caring about Smashified.
https://twitter.com/ChrisSzczesiul/status/630807435855425536
Actually, what he says is:
"Everyone seems to think #10 is either Kumotora or Isaac. I feel bad for the people that'll be let down. But, such is life."

Read that again:

"I feel bad for the people that'll be let down."

Nowhere does he say that those people are those expecting either Kumotora or Isaac. It's implied, because that sentence follows the first one. But it's never stated.

Seriously, though, people. Stop caring about Smashified. It is so not worth the trouble.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Actually, what he says is:
"Everyone seems to think #10 is either Kumotora or Isaac. I feel bad for the people that'll be let down. But, such is life."

Read that again:

"I feel bad for the people that'll be let down."

Nowhere does he say that those people are those expecting either Kumotora or Isaac. It's implied, because that sentence follows the first one. But it's never stated.

Seriously, though, people. Stop caring about Smashified. It is so not worth the trouble.
I'm not caring about Smashified, I just want to see Isaac and that's it. I don't give a crap otherwise.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
D

Deleted member

Okay, that's it. If Isaac is not Smashified on August 14th, i will stop caring about them.
Im sorry, but im getting sick of their annyoing behavior, thinking it's funny.

To cheer you up, have another comic:

Im also hungry.

Last edited by a moderator:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I like multiple characters (a butt ton actually) so I support them all. I don't have to be only supporting King K. Rool. Its not a war where you pick one side. Plus, Nintendo would be stupid to only make one ballot character like someone said earlier.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I would like to see more Smash artists, 'cause I know they exist, but I got the feel that they don't try to show us their art since they'll be afraid to be overshadowed by Smashified, which kinda sucks.

That's just how I feel though and I though caring about Smashified trolling at this point was behind our back, since they fail at it... miserably.

Falgor

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3652-0587-5880
Nintendo would be stupid to only make one ballot character like someone said earlier.
Yeah, all that work of reading the thousands of suggestions to make only one more character would be pretty dumb.
I wouldn't completely put it past them, though. And if the Ballot was also meant to be used for the next game, well...

But about that, I tend to stay optimistic, and since Sakurai stated "only several more characters", we're going to have more than one for sure. Maybe not much more but still.

D

Deleted member

If the devs won’t allow us to actually affect the plot with our dialogue choices, they could at least allow us to be deliciously passive-aggressive with them.

NEXT TIME ON THE 4-KOMA GAG PANELS: HAKYUU SHOW.

Top Bottom