• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I'd imagine it will probably just be Ryu and Roy, as well. A shame we had that leaked to us... It won't be much of a surprise there.

If we get Isaac, I imagine it'll be at a later date.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't think it will be that unusual if we get three character announcements at E3.

For the last 2 years at E3 we've gotten 3 character announcements:
(Villager, Mega Man and Wii Fit Trainer)
and
(Mii Fighters, Palutena and Pac-Man)

You could say there won't be 3 this year because they're dlc characters, but I wouldn't call that a particularly strong argument.

That said I'm not really expecting a shock since I'm thinking it'll be Ryu, Roy and Wolf.....but I'll be happy to be proven wrong. Also, I think only two of them will be revealed in the Digital Event (probably Ryu and either Roy or Wolf) and the other one will be revealed in some other way during E3.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For E3, I personally expect two returning veterans (likely Roy and Wolf), and the first-ever Smash DLC newcomer being Ryu, since they want to save that novelty for the biggest figure they can provide.

But, to me, that's sort of a double-edged sword, because while Ryu would be a sound choice, it would basically provide an incentive that third-party characters may have higher priority over first-party or second-party entities, which would lead to yet another nasty debate.

That said, given how problematic it can be to get licensing from groups that have yet to have a character in the game, I think Nintendo might stick with Ryu as the last third-party character.

Personally, I'd love it if they announced two more characters from the Ballout and present previews of Isaac and King K. Rool.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
For E3, I personally expect two returning veterans (likely Roy and Wolf), and the first-ever Smash DLC newcomer being Ryu, since they want to save that novelty for the biggest figure they can provide.

But, to me, that's sort of a double-edged sword, because while Ryu would be a sound choice, it would basically provide an incentive that third-party characters may have higher priority over first-party or second-party entities, which would lead to yet another nasty debate.

That said, given how problematic it can be to get licensing from groups that have yet to have a character in the game, I think Nintendo might stick with Ryu as the last third-party character.

Personally, I'd love it if they announced two more characters from the Ballout and present previews of Isaac and King K. Rool.
This is partly why I think they'd perhaps announce the first Ballot character as well. I don't think they want to give the incentive that third-party newcomers are more likely. I think they'd announce Ryu, Roy or Wolf, and one Nintendo newcomer. Then the other of Ryu and Wolf would come later.

ferioku

Smash Ace
So many games are coming back and it doesn't seem like we're getting anything Golden Sun related, that really upsets me... T_T

Looks like someone made a poll to see who voted for what character. Id love to see characters like K.Rool in the game but i feel like if I even use one vote on him, i'm lowering Isaac's chances, so i'm going to give every ounce of support to him.
http://smashboards.com/threads/smashboards-character-ballot-winner.405149/

Chapter Serf

Ace Skell Pilot
NNID
ChapterSerf
3DS FC
3969-7074-2956
I think Camelot thinks that GS3 didn't go over as well as the previous two and currently aren't all that inclined to make a new one. I think if Isaac, through the ballot, gets a place on Smash, Camelot won't have much of a choice in regards to a GS4.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
I think Camelot thinks that GS3 didn't go over as well as the previous two and currently aren't all that inclined to make a new one. I think if Isaac, through the ballot, gets a place on Smash, Camelot won't have much of a choice in regards to a GS4.
Camelot explicitly said that they were of no objection to make GS4 but didn't think there was much demand for it.
That was in 2010.
I think it's been made clear by the raw amount of popularity of Isaac in Smash 4 that the series is still more than popular alone.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Camelot explicitly said that they were of no objection to make GS4 but didn't think there was much demand for it.
That was in 2010.
I think it's been made clear by the raw amount of popularity of Isaac in Smash 4 that the series is still more than popular alone.
True. Isaac being announced for Smash 4 will be a marketing opportunity for Golden Sun 4, since Isaac's inclusion will get people interested in the Golden Sun games.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So many games are coming back and it doesn't seem like we're getting anything Golden Sun related, that really upsets me... T_T

Looks like someone made a poll to see who voted for what character. Id love to see characters like K.Rool in the game but i feel like if I even use one vote on him, i'm lowering Isaac's chances, so i'm going to give every ounce of support to him.
http://smashboards.com/threads/smashboards-character-ballot-winner.405149/
Um, you do realize that we haven't heard anything at all about E3 announcements yet, right? There's still a lot we don't know.

That was in 2010.
Golden Sun has also been selling quite well on the Virtual Console. I think that (and the ballot), if anything, is what would convince Camelot that GS is still viable. In fact, the ballot combined with GS's sales is why I think GS4 could get announced this year, even if its just a teaser saying "its in development." Then they can slowly hype people up about it, and later when we get a full trailer, announce Isaac for Smash as well.

ferioku

Smash Ace
Um, you do realize that we haven't heard anything at all about E3 announcements yet, right? There's still a lot we don't know.

Golden Sun has also been selling quite well on the Virtual Console. I think that (and the ballot), if anything, is what would convince Camelot that GS is still viable. In fact, the ballot combined with GS's sales is why I think GS4 could get announced this year, even if its just a teaser saying "its in development." Then they can slowly hype people up about it, and later when we get a full trailer, announce Isaac for Smash as well.
I know we haven't but I still have my doubts =/

Coaltergeist

Smash Apprentice
I had a really cool idea for his Final Smash. I don't think it would be likely, but it seemed to fit his character.

Say one of his specials worked like Robin's, but with Djinn? Like maybe his neutral could unleash a random venus djinn, but as he unleashed more and more (up to 4 I guess), he became weaker and more susceptible to knockback? Then for his final smash, he could Summon an Earth elemental (Venus, Ramses, Cybele, or Judgment) based on how many times he used b beforehand.

It would be strange, esp for competitive play. Maybe he could set the Djinn by holding B? Regardless, it seemed like a unique idea you guys might like.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
The trailer for Isaac would most likely be one that shows off his model and attacks like the ones for Mewtwo and Lucas. Being proven wrong would be nice to see a full fledged trailer that newcomers got, but I think we may be asking for too much from the developers at this point in development.

I had a really cool idea for his Final Smash. I don't think it would be likely, but it seemed to fit his character.

Say one of his specials worked like Robin's, but with Djinn? Like maybe his neutral could unleash a random venus djinn, but as he unleashed more and more (up to 4 I guess), he became weaker and more susceptible to knockback? Then for his final smash, he could Summon an Earth elemental (Venus, Ramses, Cybele, or Judgment) based on how many times he used b beforehand.

It would be strange, esp for competitive play. Maybe he could set the Djinn by holding B? Regardless, it seemed like a unique idea you guys might like.
That sounds good, especially if it changes the nature of his special attacks depending on his Djinn.

Last edited:

Coaltergeist

Smash Apprentice
The trailer for Isaac would most likely be one that shows off his model and attacks like the ones for Mewtwo and Lucas. Being proven wrong would be nice to see a full fledged trailer that newcomers got, but I think they may be asking for to much from the developers at this point in development.
Lol as long as he was officially announced Reggie could literally pull an awful 3D model out of his ass and I would be fine with it.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Yeah I think if we do get a Golden Sun 4 announcement at E3 it'll just be an announcement. We might see a logo and that's it.

Kind of like what happened with the Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei crossover.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I have a list of E3 predictions with Golden Sun 4 on it. The circumstances are just too perfect...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Just got myself Mario Golf: World Tour. Camelot really put their time trying to build the golfing world of Mario and Co. Seems very drawing me in with it's atmosphere. (You don't easily see Hammer Bro and Shy Guy discussing about golfing everyday)

Boy do I want to see what they could do with Golden Sun sometime.

Last edited:

Burruni

Smash Hero
Just got myself Mario Golf: World Tour. Camelot really put their time trying to build the golfing world of Mario and Co. Seems very drawing me in with it's atmosphere. (You don't easily see Hammer Bro and Shy Guy discussing about golfing everyday)

Boy do I want to see what they could do with Golden Sun sometime.
Play the GBA Mario Tennis or Golf game.
It's built largely off the Golden Sun engine and it's amazing.

Spootondorf

Smash Apprentice
It's fascinating how you used a lot of the same ideas I did for the moveset I have on my site, but yet you managed to give them a totally different spin! Awesome, just proves how versatile Isaac is as a character!
I liked your Spire DAir actually, very creative use of the move! :b:
I had Move as a Neutral B that could pull enemies away, and block projectiles at the same time, but what if Move could be used to grab items at a distance too? :ohwell:
I readily admit that I probably absorbed many of the ideas in my post from other people, both you and those who have posted their ideas on this thread. I'm pretty sure I got the basic aerial spire idea from someone on here, though I don't remember it being a recovery move. When Isaac pushes off of it in the air, I think he should make the hopping sound effect from GS. :bluejump: Much of the rest might have come from you, such as the throws and the attack items being aerials. But despite how many moveset possibilities Isaac has, I think many moves fit perfectly in specific contexts (i.e. aerial, tilt, smash, grab, etc.), making assignment easier. While I'm partial to my moveset over yours as a whole, you certainly do have some great ideas: Granite as shield; Helm/Skull Splitter as the ledge attack; Odyssey as a smash; smoke/sleep bomb as DAir (which I did consider as an aerial); Grip as an air "grab"; and Scoop as UThrow.

There is one thing nagging me, though, and it's present in pretty much every moveset except my own: Move. I do hate to exclude it, since it's turned into Golden Sun's Psynergy representative, but it seems both bland and overpowered to me. Bland in that it's not flashy or damaging, and all it does is push (I'm just not fond of moves like that in general, and I'm trying to make a moveset that I would enjoy using); and overpowered in that it would probably be far too easy to gimp recoveries with it, unless its range is horribly low. Preferring attack Psynergy and weapon unleashes, I'd rather have all the hand moves lumped together as grabs, pummels, and throws, which only take one command to execute. Grip is my personal exception, simply because it would be great for recovery (I also considered Lash, but that would require Isaac to keep a rope on his person) and surprise. It would also contrast nicely with Isaac's other moves, which usually have him stationary. Without removing anything from my moveset, the only way I can think to fit Move in is to assign it to SSpec with Grip (e.g. hold button to Move, release -- whether or not it's been held -- to Grip). The problem with that is that it would probably require Grip's initiation to be slowed down, defeating the point of using it on-stage in the first place, IMO.

And I've changed my mind on his three recovery moves -- it's not too much. It's almost like a fusion of Ike's and ZSS's: Ike can recover mainly only along the vertical and horizontal axes, whereas ZSS has a mostly vertical USpec and she has a tether, but she can also do a hop (DSpec) before either of those.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There is one thing nagging me, though, and it's present in pretty much every moveset except my own: Move. I do hate to exclude it, since it's turned into Golden Sun's Psynergy representative, but it seems both bland and overpowered to me. Bland in that it's not flashy or damaging, and all it does is push (I'm just not fond of moves like that in general, and I'm trying to make a moveset that I would enjoy using); and overpowered in that it would probably be far too easy to gimp recoveries with it, unless its range is horribly low. Preferring attack Psynergy and weapon unleashes, I'd rather have all the hand moves lumped together as grabs, pummels, and throws, which only take one command to execute. Grip is my personal exception, simply because it would be great for recovery (I also considered Lash, but that would require Isaac to keep a rope on his person) and surprise. It would also contrast nicely with Isaac's other moves, which usually have him stationary. Without removing anything from my moveset, the only way I can think to fit Move in is to assign it to SSpec with Grip (e.g. hold button to Move, release -- whether or not it's been held -- to Grip). The problem with that is that it would probably require Grip's initiation to be slowed down, defeating the point of using it on-stage in the first place, IMO.
As far as I'm concerned, Move should just be Isaac's Side Throw.

Basically, "Catch" is Isaac's Grab. He can catch opponents and crush them for his attack (similar to Master Hand). For his Up attack he'll launch them high up using Lift, for his Side Throw he'll push them away with Move, and for Down Throw he'll Crush them into the ground. Basically, think of Isaac's grabs and throws being his own individual, miniature Master Hand so to speak.

That, I think, is the best way to handle both Movement Psynergy and Isaac's grab, while still saving his main moves for better, flashier psynergy attacks.

Croi

Smash Lord
I had an idea for if Isaac was a DLC character for Smash Bros. Well, that’s my opening sentence. Are you hooked yet?

I wrote this whole post like an article and as if the person reading it didn't know **** about Golden Sun, so excuse the informality. Gonna tag @Raziek because I know he's into Golden Sun.

As excited as I was for the idea of Isaac getting into Smash, I never really thought about his moveset until earlier today (June 5th, 2015). Golden Sun comes with such a massive move pool for all of its main characters that it’s difficult to pin which ones would be best for him. Just like with Mega Man and how there are dozens of weapons from the classic Mega Mans; it couldn’t have been easy to choose which ones to go with.

I still wouldn’t know what moves would be best for his standard moves, but I thought a bit about his specials. These would be the most variable moves to work with. And because of the versatility of the game’s mechanics, his customs could be totally different rather than variations of the same thing, like Palutena and the Mii Fighters. Of course, it’d mean his customs would all be unlocked from the get-go, and it would probably mean that Mewtwo (and probably Lucas) would need to have customs as well.

Anyway, the thing with Psynergy in Golden Sun is that a lot of them can be shared between the characters. What I mean is, Isaac is an Earth Adept, right? So he specializes in earth magic. Isaac’s best buddy is Garet, and he specializes in fire magic. But if you play with the game’s engine a bit, you can make Garet an earth user and Isaac a fire user. It’s quite an immersive system for a Gamebody Advance game.

To turn Isaac into a fire, wind, or water user, you have to load him up with Djinn of the equivalent type. Djinn are magical creatures in Golden Sun that give whoever keeps them added abilities and class changes. Giving Isaac, one of the party’s point men, six Mercury (water) Djinn and a Venus (Earth(?)) Djinn turns him into a Guardian and gives him mostly water-based healing magic. Giving Mia, the party’s healer, four Jupiter (wind) and five Mars (fire) Djinn turns her into a Warlock and turns her move pool into offensive fire magic and debuffs. And etc.

So I’m thinking, why not base Isaac’s specials and customs around the Djinn? The creatures are the reason for all the flexibility in the first place. Four Djinn elements; four special moves to work with. It Just Makes Sense.

In Golden Sun, the Djinn can be put into three different states of being: Set, Standby, and Recovery. If a Djinn is Set, it provides the character using it with some stat buffs and can be used to unleash an effect in battle. If it’s in Standby, it can’t be used to attack and it removes the buffs it grants the character, but it can be used to summon a much stronger attack at any time in the battle. After it’s used to summon something, it’s put into Recovery, where it’s essentially an empty space in your roster for a few turns. After its Recovery time is up, it’s automatically put back into Set.

When Isaac first spawns into the match, his Djinn are all Set. In Smash, they wouldn’t provide any stat increases, and he can’t summon anything outside of a Final Smash, but they still let him use his specials. When he uses a special attack, the Djinn he used is put into Standby, which, again, doesn’t affect any stat and can’t be used to summon anything, but inhibits him from using the same special again. In Golden Sun, moving a Djinn from Standby to Set without summoning costs one turn (in battle. It costs nothing in the overworld); in Smash, moving a Djinn from Standby to Set would require just a little breathing room; say, maybe fourty frames of vulnerability? He can also Set them in the air, but he won’t have horizontal mobility as he does so. The Djinn will also automatically be put to Set after Isaac dies or after 10 seconds passes. Just a thought.

To make up for the unusual cooldown on his specials, they would generally be very strong and have unusual, maybe even gimmicky applications. These are just a few ideas I had that could be used for his move set (all attacks do not put Isaac into his helpless animation unless I say otherwise):

Neutral 1: Flint (Venus)

The very first Djinn encountered in the series is Flint. When summoned in battle, he basically just hits really hard. In Smash, Flint would enhance a powerful leaping downward swing from Isaac’s weapon. Not quite as destructive as a Falcon Punch, but faster. Has a meteor effect when used in the air, and is not a ‘stall-and-fall’ attack like Falcon Kick: Isaac hits an invisible ‘floor’ when used in the air.

Neutral 2: Vortex (Jupiter)

Aesthetically similar to Mewtwo’s Confusion but functionally similar to Mario’s Gust Cape. Removes projectiles rather than reflects them and has a minor windbox, pushing enemies upward as they’re turned around.

Neutral 3: Summon: Mars

All of the summons would work differently from how the Djinn would normally would in Smash. Rather than starting in Set and moving to Standby when used, they start in Recovery and, after 10 seconds of gameplay, move to Standby, where they can be used to summon powerful attacks. Once they’re used, they’re moved to Recovery again and can be used after another 10 seconds.

Summoning Mars is aesthetically similar to Robin’s Arcfire: a Djinn spawns above Isaac and launches at the ground in front of him. Mars would bathe an area about the size of a Battlefield platform in lava, doing constant flinch knockback and shield pressure, allowing Isaac to follow up with something. Lingers for roughly 4 seconds. Doesn’t do much damage, though. Does nothing if it misses the ground.

Side 1: Cannon (Mars)

Aesthetically similar to Bowser Jr’s Cannonball. Fires quickly, travels quickly, has little cooldown, and has a large blast radius, but damage and knockback decrease with distance travelled. A decent gimping tool and a powerful close-range attack, especially in doubles with Villager/Ness/Mr. Game And Watch. Will fizzle to nothing if the attack doesn’t land.

Side 2: Serac (Mercury)

Aesthetically similar to Little Mac’s Jolt Haymaker, but goes half the distance on the ground and has no change in the air. A powerful leaping swing that can kill and ignores shields, but if it is shielded, does 75% less damage and knockback than an unshielded blow. Can be used after Flint for an above-average horizontal recovery. Puts Isaac into his helpless animation.

Side 3: Summon: Jupiter

Three arcing attacks slice through the air horizontally, each going the same speed and each wider than the last but each doing sequentially less damage and knockback. They have transcendent priority and pierce walls (but not shields). They travel for an infinite distance, until they hit the closest blast zone. An excellent attack to pressure off-stage and distant opponents but has long cooldown, so it isn’t a strong offensive option.

Down 1: Geyser (Mercury)

A blast of water erupts at Isaac’s feet right in front of him, lifting his opponent about one body-height into the air. It’s a multi-hitting attack that, on the final hit, puts the opponent into a tumble. Very useful with platforms because the timing to tech the tumble would be very strict, allowing Isaac to follow up with something. Pokes shields easily, but only the last hit puts the opponent into a tumble.

Down 2: Flash (Mars)

Functionally similar to Shulk’s Extreme Shield Monado Art. In Golden Sun, Flash had priority (so, it moved first, no matter what) and it decreased all damage taken by 90%. In Smash, it does the exact same thing, decreasing all damage and knockback by 90%. However, just like in Golden Sun, Flash only applied for one turn: in Smash, Flash’s effect is negated as soon as Isaac performs any action, including moving or shielding. Essentially, Flash is a ‘gimme,’ allowing Isaac to survive almost any attack, including a throw, as long as he does nothing. He can wiggle free from a grab without negating Flash, but not if he presses any button during his grab release animation. Flash is negate naturally after eight seconds.

Down 3: Summon: Venus

Blasts of rock and earth erupt in a wide radius around Isaac, lifting himself and his opponent into the air. Is a multi-hit move and does a fair amount of damage, but only enough knockback to push opponents away from Isaac. Does a fair amount of shield damage and effects increase the closer Isaac’s opponent is to him. While it can be used for recovery, it doesn’t lift Isaac very high, and though it won’t put him into his helpless animation, he cannot use another special after summoning Venus.

Up 1: Bolt (Jupiter)

Isaac pauses for about half a second, then a lightning bolt erupts from Isaac’s feet and shoots upward, catapulting him straight up with it. It cannot be aimed; the attack, and himself, only go upwards. The bolt reaches higher than Sonic’s Spring and Isaac travels faster than Mewtwo’s Teleport, but in exchange, it puts Isaac into his helpless animation. The bolt is has a strong hitbox at its center; it has a meteor effect at its launch point (so, directly underneath Isaac when he uses it); and its tip, though it does no damage or knockback, will stun opponents, like Zero Suit Samus’s Paralyzer. Isaac cannot auto-snap to the ledge with this attack and needs to sweet-spot it.

Up 2: Steel (Venus)

A powerful jumping uppercut with Isaac’s fist. Has very poor horizontal range. Aesthetically similar to Mega Man’s up-tilt, but has reasonably farther vertical reach. Isaac doesn’t jump very high with it, and it doesn’t have very much knockback, but Isaac will recover as much damage as he deals with the strike.

Up 3: Summon: Mercury

Isaac pauses for a moment, then a number of massive water droplets appear from nowhere and push him in a direction of his choosing. The droplets are not considered projectiles. They technically don’t do much knockback, but they push opponents in the same direction Isaac is facing, like Mario’s F.L.U.D.D, and can be used for early ceiling kills. Sends him a little farther than Fire Fox, and much faster. Can auto-snap to the ledge, and the droplets will proceed uninhibited. Will put Isaac in helpless, unless he uses it on the ground. Since this will be your primary recovery, you won’t be able to use it again after 10 seconds of Recovery time – use it wisely!

Isaac’s Final Smash could be a bunch of things. The foremost option would probably be Ragnarok or Odyssey, since both of those attacks are exclusive to Earth Adepts, no matter how much you change the Djinn around. I’d love to see a giant, glowing sword split the sky and slam into the stage with an explosive fury in glorious HD.

Other options would be Titan Blade and Megiddo, but those are both dependent on the weapon Isaac is using, and isn’t even something he has control over; it’s totally random whether the Gaia Blade or the Sol Sword decide to use them. The next, and maybe the most obvious, option would be Summon: Judgement. In Golden Sun, Judgement is a knight in blue armour, massive wings, a sword in one hand and a cannon with a lion’s head in the other. He shot the cannon at the ground, and the area erupted into a massive explosion that devoured everything it touched. In Smash, it could basically be an enormous, stage-encompassing Smart Bomb that hit multiple times, lingered, and finished with a powerful knock away.

Thanks for listening

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
If both Isaac and a Golden Sun are revealed at E3, Golden Sun has the potential to make a HUGE comeback. Hopefully Nintendo understands this, as having Ryu revealed would not help any of their own IP. Plus, more people want Isaac than Ryu, so he would generate more hype for Smash than Ryu. I just hope that Nintendo has something up their sleeves, because if a ballot character is to be chosen (not including vets like Roy and Wolf), then I think Isaac has a pretty good chance of being revealed. I only see King K Rool and Inkling being his main contenders in the ballot.

Coaltergeist

Smash Apprentice
If both Isaac and a Golden Sun are revealed at E3, Golden Sun has the potential to make a HUGE comeback. Hopefully Nintendo understands this, as having Ryu revealed would not help any of their own IP. Plus, more people want Isaac than Ryu, so he would generate more hype for Smash than Ryu. I just hope that Nintendo has something up their sleeves, because if a ballot character is to be chosen (not including vets like Roy and Wolf), then I think Isaac has a pretty good chance of being revealed. I only see King K Rool and Inkling being his main contenders in the ballot.
I still have serious doubts that Ryu will even make it in. The fact that they found his song data in there means that he was probably considered, but we don't know if the negotiations fell through. I stand by my argument that Nintendo won't advertise a game that is PS4 exclusive.

Here's just a thing I made the other week; I posted it on the GS subreddit but forgot to here.
It's an arrangement of "Without the Forge" from Dark Dawn.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
They'll probably add more than one character from the ballot. I see all three making it in the game.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Y'know, that's true. Capcom is probably gonna push Street Fighter V along with Sony and Microsoft like hell. Nintendo would almost be stupid to reveal Ryu at E3, as they would be advertising for the competition. Same reason why I think Snake has zero chance of being revealed at E3, as MGS V will also probably have a huge presence, and it is also coming out only on Playstation and Xbone.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Y'know, that's true. Capcom is probably gonna push Street Fighter V along with Sony and Microsoft like hell. Nintendo would almost be stupid to reveal Ryu at E3, as they would be advertising for the competition. Same reason why I think Snake has zero chance of being revealed at E3, as MGS V will also probably have a huge presence, and it is also coming out only on Playstation and Xbone.
SF5 isn't on Xbox One (WHY MICROSOFT WOULD YOU NAME IT THAT MORE CONFUSING THAN WII U). Snake's chances have diminished since Kojima left Konami and that was basically the reason Snake made the cut.

Coaltergeist

Smash Apprentice
It makes even less sense than Banjo-Kazooie. Then again, like I said, any chance is a chance.

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Although a revealing a ballot character would make sense, I don't know if Sakurai and Team would have enough time from the April direct when the ballot was first announced and now to gather the results, and make full fledged characters. I mean, it's only been two months.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Although a revealing a ballot character would make sense, I don't know if Sakurai and Team would have enough time from the April direct when the ballot was first announced and now to gather the results, and make full fledged characters. I mean, it's only been two months.
They are probably starting to develop K Rool or are already developing K Rool since immediately and even now still the top pick. Isaac is probably next. I don't think they'll show a ballot character either but one is probably half way done. They'll probably just show Wolf, Roy (honestly would rather have Pichu), and Ryu (Why??????)

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
So I'm making a video about the five most likely/requested/kinda sorta/I REALLY JUST LIKE THEM AND THEY'RE NOT HAPPENING characters for DLC; Wolf, Layton, K Rool, Snake, and Isaac. Give me reasons for Isaac because I'm bad at thinking of things. (Or those other characters if you like em too)

Coaltergeist

Smash Apprentice
They are probably starting to develop K Rool or are already developing K Rool since immediately and even now still the top pick. Isaac is probably next. I don't think they'll show a ballot character either but one is probably half way done. They'll probably just show Wolf, Roy (honestly would rather have Pichu), and Ryu (Why??????)
God if Ryu gets in I would **** enough bricks to build a house.

I mean think about it; the only 3rd-party characters we got in smash have been snake, sonic and mega man. Sega and nintendo had a deal to make like 3 nintendo-only sonic games so that one made sense. With mega man I dont think he will ever get another original game in his lifespan so it makes some sense. With Snake we soon after recieved MGS3D so that makes some sense. With how Konami's acting now I would say never ever expect snake to return or belmont to make it in, and unless Banjo gets a game on a nintendo console (which he most definitely will not), he's not getting in either. K Rool, Wonder Red and of Course our boy make the most sense for newcomers, with Rool being most likely and Isaac being second.

But on the other hand, consider Yooka-Laylee, #9 or the Bloodstained guy for Smash 5 methinks.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

I mean think about it; the only 3rd-party characters we got in smash have been snake, sonic and mega man. Sega and nintendo had a deal to make like 3 nintendo-only sonic games so that one made sense. With mega man I dont think he will ever get another original game in his lifespan so it makes some sense. With Snake we soon after recieved MGS3D so that makes some sense. With how Konami's acting now I would say never ever expect snake to return or belmont to make it in, and unless Banjo gets a game on a nintendo console (which he most definitely will not), he's not getting in either. K Rool, Wonder Red and of Course our boy make the most sense for newcomers, with Rool being most likely and Isaac being second.

But on the other hand, consider Yooka-Laylee, #9 or the Bloodstained guy for Smash 5 methinks.
Sonic got in because of fan popularity, rivalry with Nintendo in the 90s, and the two are friendly now. Snake got in since Sakurai and Kojima are friends and Kojima wanted Snake in Smash. Mega Man got in because of fan popularity and they were friendly with Capcom. I would like to see Nintendo cover their own series before giving any company a second rep.

Burruni

Smash Hero

....You forgot Pac-Man. Y'know, one of the fathers of gaming.

Coaltergeist

Smash Apprentice
Sonic got in because of fan popularity, rivalry with Nintendo in the 90s, and the two are friendly now. Snake got in since Sakurai and Kojima are friends and Kojima wanted Snake in Smash. Mega Man got in because of fan popularity and they were friendly with Capcom. I would like to see Nintendo cover their own series before giving any company a second rep.
This is not the first Smash ballot, believe it or not. This is the first one for AMERICA but a Japanese Brawl ballot was a determining factor in Sonic's inclusion. And with Kojimas place at Konami now? Don't make me laugh; we will never see another Konami character in smash. And as for Capcom? Ryu is getting a new game. Mega Man isn't.

I hate to be a pessimist but i think all of this gives Isaac a fighting chance at inclusion. All those people who want Snake or Simon? Out of luck I'm afraid.

Burruni said:
...You forgot Pac-Man. Y'know, one of the fathers of gaming.
Im sure Bandai's involvement in smash had no effect on that outcome either?

Also, let me know when that promised high-profile Pacman sequel is set for release. :p My point still stands.

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
This is not the first Smash ballot, believe it or not. This is the first one for AMERICA but a Japanese Brawl ballot was a determining factor in Sonic's inclusion. And with Kojimas place at Konami now? Don't make me laugh; we will never see another Konami character in smash. And as for Capcom? Ryu is getting a new game. Mega Man isn't.

I hate to be a pessimist but i think all of this gives Isaac a fighting chance at inclusion. All those people who want Snake or Simon? Out of luck I'm afraid.

Im sure Bandai's involvement in smash had no effect on that outcome either? :p
I was explaining to you the reasons why these characters made it in.

Top Bottom