• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Imagine if Diddy suddenly became emo and he would narrate everything you did in the most monotone voice ever and getting PTSD by encountering a barrel
Ohh this was a good one, actually made me laugh :laugh:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Guys for a school project, I wrote a letter to Nintendo and I mentioned Isaac and the smashboards in it. I was supposed to ask them for something. Should I ask them to put Isaac in Smash lol.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Guys for a school project, I wrote a letter to Nintendo and I mentioned Isaac and the smashboards in it. I was supposed to ask them for something. Should I ask them to put Isaac in Smash lol.
What kind of school even allows you to do this for a project? And why didn't they have these classes when I was still in school?

9Blades

Smash Ace
NNID
Venusboshi04
3DS FC
4210-4504-3290
Guess I'll share my Isaac moveset I thought of in the late hours of the night. Its slightly based off the Sailor Moon moveset I made up awhile back. (They both have the powers of Venus, Mars, Mercury, and Jupiter, and are blonde protagonists :p)
:GCA:Standards:GCA:

A: A quick sword swing.

AA/AAA: Basically Marth or Link's jab combo. Nothing special.

Up-tilt : Quick upward slash.

Down-tilt: like a spin attack, but more ground based.

Dash attack - A leaping strike like Link's dash.

:GCN:Smashes:GCA:

UpSmash: Spire - Creates a rock spire in front of Isaac depending on which way he is facing.

SideSmash: Move - A giant hand slowly moves left or right and pushes anyone away. Does no damage.

DownSmash: Earthquake - Large hitbox on the ground, can bury someone if they are close enough.

:GCB:Specials:GCB:

Neutral Special: Set Djinn - Isaac's main gimmick. Holding the special button will set a Djinni, up to 4 of them. All of Isaac's moves have increased damage and knock-back. Using a Smash or Special will use the Djinn and reset them, leaving a 15 second period before they can be set again.

Side Special: Slash - A quick slash of wind that gains more range depending on how many Djinn are set. Good for spacing.

Down Special: Blast - Creates an explosion with good knock-back. With all 4 Djinn, has range of a Smart Bomb.

Up Special: Deluge - Isaac rides on a wave of water. More range with more Djinn set.

FINAL SMASH - Judgement - Don't think this needs explanation :p
Also, Tiamat looks like Ridley.

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
Do it, If not for anything more then the lolz. The chances of them actually reading it are slim to none anyways. xD I had a project like that last year. I wrote into Nintendo as well. But I asked them when Zelda U was going to come out! Chances are the mail will just get thrown out.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Do it, If not for anything more then the lolz. The chances of them actually reading it are slim to none anyways. xD I had a project like that last year. I wrote into Nintendo as well. But I asked them when Zelda U was going to come out! Chances are the mail will just get thrown out.
"We have decided to cancel Zelda U as someone asked us in a letter, same reason we'll never make Isaac playable"

StrikeBlade

Smash Apprentice
NO! DON'T ASK THEM!

Recommend it to them. Pitch it! like a business proposition. Tell them about all the perks bringing Isaac to the game will bring.

Tell them about the devoted Golden Sun fans who are waiting for their next installment. Tell them about all the new customers they could get by making another game. After seeing Isaac (Or Matthew) in Smash Bros a whole new audience of Golden Sun fans will be born! And with it, new revenue. It could potentially revive the series! As long as they're willing to put some money and love into it.

Plus, it would be within full artistic control of Sakurai, who clearly has a fondness for the series, and would make an interesting fighter, making Smash Bros a better game for it.

Tell them all about the other reasons we think isaac is a good choice, and pitch it to them!

And plus the revenue generated from the character purchase itself! They would be setting themselves up for a BIG profit.

Last edited by a moderator:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I'm not asking them questions. The actually point of the letter is to try and get them to send something to you. I requested a Little Mac amiibo lol. I just mentioned smashboards and smash speculation btw (to show I'm a devoted fan). Mentioned my favorites King K. Rool and Isaac as well but not requesting them.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I'm not asking them questions. The actually point of the letter is to try and get them to send something to you. I requested a Little Mac amiibo lol. I just mentioned smashboards and smash speculation btw (to show I'm a devoted fan). Mentioned my favorites King K. Rool and Isaac as well but not requesting them.
The big question is: Will Nintendo read your letter?

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
They probably have some mail room with people reading letters. Plus I called them to tell them that I'm writing a letter.
You did well then. Each time I mailed Nintendo without calling, they would never answer my mails, but if I called before, they would ask me to mail them and would usually take 2-3 days to answer. Good luck with that.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Pretty good. It's one month left until E3 and I'm hoping for a hypothetical GS4 reveal there.
There's always the question of "which big name developer will win E3". Nintendo, just announce Golden Sun 4. That's all you have to do.

ferioku

Smash Ace
Guess I'll share my Isaac moveset I thought of in the late hours of the night. Its slightly based off the Sailor Moon moveset I made up awhile back. (They both have the powers of Venus, Mars, Mercury, and Jupiter, and are blonde protagonists :p)
:GCA:Standards:GCA:

A: A quick sword swing.

AA/AAA: Basically Marth or Link's jab combo. Nothing special.

Up-tilt : Quick upward slash.

Down-tilt: like a spin attack, but more ground based.

Dash attack - A leaping strike like Link's dash.

:GCN:Smashes:GCA:

UpSmash: Spire - Creates a rock spire in front of Isaac depending on which way he is facing.

SideSmash: Move - A giant hand slowly moves left or right and pushes anyone away. Does no damage.

DownSmash: Earthquake - Large hitbox on the ground, can bury someone if they are close enough.

:GCB:Specials:GCB:

Neutral Special: Set Djinn - Isaac's main gimmick. Holding the special button will set a Djinni, up to 4 of them. All of Isaac's moves have increased damage and knock-back. Using a Smash or Special will use the Djinn and reset them, leaving a 15 second period before they can be set again.

Side Special: Slash - A quick slash of wind that gains more range depending on how many Djinn are set. Good for spacing.

Down Special: Blast - Creates an explosion with good knock-back. With all 4 Djinn, has range of a Smart Bomb.

Up Special: Deluge - Isaac rides on a wave of water. More range with more Djinn set.

FINAL SMASH - Judgement - Don't think this needs explanation :p
Also, Tiamat looks like Ridley.
Cool concept, though i'm not so sure about a smash doing no damage. I think Side special would work best for move!

Ludjinnado

Smash Cadet
There's always the question of "which big name developer will win E3". Nintendo, just announce Golden Sun 4. That's all you have to do.
Ha, that's not a question! The answer is so obvious, one needn't debate it for even a femtosecond!
Nintendo wins. Nintendo always wins.

Last edited:

TheSpaceKing12

Banned via Warnings
NNID
IsaacForSSB4
3DS FC
2105-8706-4581
In the handheld department yes, although they've got that in the bag regardless. Sony left the vita to die. We're just dancing on the ashes now. Golden sun 4 would be some more icing on that cake. In the console section it'd take the force of something like Metroid prime 4 or Animal crossing U to "win" E3.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nintendo "wins" E3 sometimes, but it'd take a pretty obstinate fanboy to think they win every year.

General consensus is Nintendo "won" last E3, but Sony won the year before.

Nintendo is going to have an uphill battle this year if Zelda isn't present and the others have the likes of Uncharted and Halo. They're probably not going to "win", but that doesn't really matter as long as you find something you have an interest in.

Ludjinnado

Smash Cadet
Nintendo "wins" E3 sometimes, but it'd take a pretty obstinate fanboy to think they win every year.

General consensus is Nintendo "won" last E3, but Sony won the year before.

Nintendo is going to have an uphill battle this year if Zelda isn't present and the others have the likes of Uncharted and Halo. They're probably not going to "win", but that doesn't really matter as long as you find something you have an interest in.
I guess I'm just an obstinate fanboy then!

At the end of the day, whomever 'wins' E3 is merely a matter of personal opinion. I believe that it doesn't really matter so long as we get to enjoy the games that we love.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So I managed to find my old GS-file, which I'm hoping to use to transfer stuff from the first game to Lost Age. I think I got Ivan his strongest weapon via grinding (can't remember the name though).

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
So I managed to find my old GS-file, which I'm hoping to use to transfer stuff from the first game to Lost Age. I think I got Ivan his strongest weapon via grinding (can't remember the name though).
Kikuichimonji? At least it is the strongest light blade in Golden Sun, so it's probably it. (I would always get it via RNG).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Speaking of the Kikuchimonji makes me remember the special terms some battles needed to have in order to get the best weapon drops from monsters. The Kikuchimonji was actually one of the easiest. I still have nightmares trying to get the Tisiphone Edge... That weapon had one of the best unleashes in the game and is easily the best weapon for Jenna and Ivan.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Hearing "Kikuchimonji" makes me really, really nostalgic for some reason. And I haven't even played Golden Sun!(watched my brother play it tho).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
A GS4 reveal would make Isaac the most requested character bar none.
I doubt it. I think it would, FOR SURE, put him right up next to K. Rool. K. Rool still has a bigger fanbase dating back 7 years before Isaac first even existed and has much more games to his name and DK has much more lifetime sales.

Right now Isaac looks like he's in a good position, but its difficult to tell. If GS4 is announced, his popularity will skyrocket, but I still don't think he'd shoot up above K. Rool, it would simply cement K. Rool and Isaac as the frontrunners for Smash DLC.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I doubt it. I think it would, FOR SURE, put him right up next to K. Rool. K. Rool still has a bigger fanbase dating back 7 years before Isaac first even existed and has much more games to his name and DK has much more lifetime sales.

Right now Isaac looks like he's in a good position, but its difficult to tell. If GS4 is announced, his popularity will skyrocket, but I still don't think he'd shoot up above K. Rool, it would simply cement K. Rool and Isaac as the frontrunners for Smash DLC.
Isaac and King K. Rool are definitely already the top 2 most requested, excluding Banjo and Kazooie because 1. they are owned by Microsoft and is direct competition and 2. it would be harder to acquire rights to third parties rather than their own character. I don't ever see any other character beat these two.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Isaac and King K. Rool are definitely already the top 2 most requested, excluding Banjo and Kazooie because 1. they are owned by Microsoft and is direct competition and 2. it would be harder to acquire rights to third parties rather than their own character. I don't ever see any other character beat these two.
I agree they're among the most requested, I'm just leery on exact positioning, at least for Isaac. Still, I'm optimistic because he seems pretty highly requested.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
I agree they're among the most requested, I'm just leery on exact positioning, at least for Isaac. Still, I'm optimistic because he seems pretty highly requested.
I feel like K. Rool is far ahead of everyone as number 1 while Isaac is near as number 2. Only characters I can see as threats are the Inklings and possibly Krystal.

Top Bottom